facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 14, 2018, 02:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Default In life and... Cricket if you want to succeed...

You have to learn to take risk.

Instead of Shamim Isam Rinat mentality.

It is the bad boys who always ends up with the hottest chick in club.

Not goody goody stay in Mayer achol never take risk always play it safe in kudu kudu pudu pudu comfort zone people pleasers.

Live it a little. For F s sakes man.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old December 14, 2018, 02:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Edison Ford these people went bankrupt to get to where they now to be household icons. And countless other geniuses.

Not people who remained confined within four walls.

You also need to have the mindset to question authority.

Milgram experiment b$$$$.
Old December 14, 2018, 03:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Grow.
A.
Pair.

Instead of selling your soul away.
Old December 14, 2018, 12:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

That's why Ashraful had an average of 20-25.
Old December 14, 2018, 12:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Or you can be Riad and still succeed.
Old December 14, 2018, 01:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Or you can be Riad and still succeed.
Or you can be Tamim Iqbal.

Difference (Test+ODI) is:
88 50+ innings vs 40 50+ innings
17 MOM vs 5 MOM

so success is subjective.

But yes we don't need Ashrafulesque or Aftabesque bad boys anymore. They served their purpose in their particular era.

It all depends on your role in the team. Can't imagine Jeff Bezos being a soft spoken mild putu putu type person and running amazon for example! You can draw similar analogy in cricket
Old December 14, 2018, 09:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Becoming Tamim requires lot of hard work. Spend numerous hours behind bowling machine. Bribe ball boys to make sure I can practice enough. Be determined to etch my name in Lords leaderboard. Mentor juniors constantly. Become philanthrophic and carry empathy. Ask Rubel to deliver his best. Come to bat with a broken wrist just to make sure team wins. Take the best catch and keep catching. Score tons in all 3 formats. Live like a real tiger.

I would take the safer route. I have a sister-in-law pretty much. I will match make with the single captain and create camaraderie. That will allow me to walk to a sure catch so it drops safely consistently.
Old December 15, 2018, 04:58 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Becoming Tamim requires lot of hard work. Spend numerous hours behind bowling machine. Bribe ball boys to make sure I can practice enough. Be determined to etch my name in Lords leaderboard. Mentor juniors constantly. Become philanthrophic and carry empathy. Ask Rubel to deliver his best. Come to bat with a broken wrist just to make sure team wins. Take the best catch and keep catching. Score tons in all 3 formats. Live like a real tiger.

I would take the safer route. I have a sister-in-law pretty much. I will match make with the single captain and create camaraderie. That will allow me to walk to a sure catch so it drops safely consistently.
Not everyone has the luck to be born in an ex bd captain’s family, getting a chance to play in a World Cup as a fresh faced teenager with no credentials to back the selection. But he made the best of it so the rest is history. But 99% of cricketers his age with similar talent never got that shot and never will.
Old December 15, 2018, 04:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Who says bad boys can't be hard workers. Most of the hard workers I have seen in real life are hard workers. It's the putu putu ones who complain about work life balance. It's the bad boys who think and work outside the box not the putu putu first boy type ones.

Staying alive in NAT team by any means is not a definition of success. Yes we still need Mahmuduallah in our NAT team unfortunately but nobody will say 10 yrs down the road he was a world class standard cricketer.

Nobody is saying just being bad boy you rock the world. You need a combination of hard work and basic level of IQ and perhaps some luck as well to be world class standard successful.
Old December 18, 2018, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Usman Khawaja is a success in my eyes (at least in worldly sense).

The guy is a minority representing Australia at the highest level of cricket - a sports I like. Also he is a professional pilot - always wanted to become a pilot when I was a kid but did not happen. And he got married to a beautiful girl. And he is also religious at a personal level

May Allah give him baraka and continuously increase him in all his life endeavors!
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old December 18, 2018, 10:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Usman Khawaja is a success in my eyes (at least in worldly sense).

The guy is a minority representing Australia at the highest level of cricket - a sports I like. Also he is a professional pilot - always wanted to become a pilot when I was a kid but did not happen. And he got married to a beautiful girl. And he is also religious at a personal level

May Allah give him baraka and continuously increase him in all his life endeavors!
Ameen. I also agree with this assessment in addition to the fact the he is currently Australia's #3 batsmen, a position once held by the great and legendary Ricky Ponting. From what I have seen, he is the most technically gifted batsmen from Australia after Warner and Smith right now. His biggest issue is consistency kinda like Mushfiqur Rahim.