facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 7, 2003, 09:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default What would be the English fans experience in BD??

There will be lot of English Fan be there during the England tour. The future of International cricket tour will depend on how England's tour in BD will go.
In general we Bangladeshies are very hospitable (sometimes over hospitable) to foreigners. But for last 2 decades the corrupt politicians on the top levels and personal animosity between two Ladies only gave us a culture of hate and intolerant to other views, shameless corruption, unemployment. One of the side effects of poverty that scares me the most is the rise of those religious extremists like (Jamat / Shibir). They are really dangerous since they have no respect for other people believes and get really violent if you disagree with them.

Anyway the point is our test status can be a blessing for us in many ways. IF we can properly use this opportunity it will bring more tourists in our country and that means more business and more money. I hope this England tour will go nicely not only for the England team but also for their fans. I wish we will not make a bid deal if a English fan do something that we don't do in our culture like drink alcohol while watching game in the stadium. Living in the USA I know I can live with my own culture and no one will bother me as long as I am not hurting anyone so hopefully we will do the same when they go to our country. We should let them enjoy per their culture as long as it does not hurt anyone.

What do you think about this? What would the English Fan's overall experience be in our country? Realistically….

Old October 7, 2003, 10:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

I personally don't think hospitability will be a problem.

However .. I have serious concerns over the living conditions and crime over there. This is the same country where garbage is still dumped on open streets, and there's almost 0 attention paid to traffic laws, not to mention the law and order ..

The Barmy Army will have a heck of an experience indeed.
Old October 7, 2003, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't think the english have a problem adjusting. And for the record, anywhere in this planet. Heck, their grandparents spent 200 years in your backyard. Also, doing my undergrad in England I learnt real quickly that they are the 2nd most ingenious race on earth when it comes to arranging a quick drink (no. 1 has to be a tie between Scotland and Ireland). So don't worry too much about stadium restrictions.:P:P:P:P
Old October 8, 2003, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

The Government of Bangladesh is formed by BNP, Jamath and two other minor parties. BNP could do a lot worse, but in fact Jamath restrains them, so they can't be bad. Just because they are Islamic don't mean they are extrimists.
Old October 8, 2003, 05:59 AM
Cricket Legend

I really think the authorities should re-consider the issue of the Barmy-Army and let them drink in the confinement of their exclusive enclosure in the stadium. I just can't see the British fans enjoying cricket without a single drop of booze. As for the thread, I hope it doesn't turn out to be very political in the end.
Old October 8, 2003, 06:11 AM
Cricket Legend

So lets all check out my thread http://banglacricket.com/alochona/vi...d.php?tid=2735
Old October 8, 2003, 07:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

During the match between Arsenal and Man u(I say about Football League)The english supporters treat very wild.They r realy thread for any match or any country.If Bd will do an upset then they got more wild for that.So be cautious.

Old October 9, 2003, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Kalbashakhi bhai:

what will 150 englishmen do at the stadium - go on a rampage outside the stadium with hockey sticks? Actially that will be a sight worth seeing...

learning to watch a cricket match without booze will help them develop their inner self....no way should they be drinking in the stadium if the rest of us cannot.
Old October 9, 2003, 11:49 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I think most of you have forgotten the 2 main things that will happen during the time England is touring Bangladesh.

It will be in the month of Ramadan (or Ramzan) and which means not too much of eating and drinking out in the open.

The rain is going to bother the tourists as well as the cricket matches.

I think paco has got one of the main points - garbage out in the open. If the month of Ramadan and rain does not manage to bother the tourism part of being a test playing country, then this open-garbage culture will.

Quote:
Just because they are Islamic don't mean they are extrimists.
Hasib, I don't know how old are you or how long you have stayed in Bangladesh, but in Bangladesh, Jamat Islamy or particularly shibir means terribly bad.