facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 18, 2011, 08:54 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Arrow Coldhurst Cricket Club

Hello everyone

I wasn't sure which section to post this thread on so if I done it wrong, apology for that. You can remove it.

Me and couple of other guys have started a cricket club called Coldhurst Cricket Club which is based in Oldham, Manchester, UK. Although, it is open to anyone to join, our most and main players are Bengali. Last 2 years we have been playing cricket but only this year we have decided to make it official and more professional. The club is still going through its early stages. We are still building its structure.

Some of our main aims are find local talent and give them a chance to show their talents and provide them the oppertunities to clim up the ladder. We welcome peoples from any race, age and their beliefs.

Aims and Visions:
• Promoting the Social Sport Cricket within Oldham Borough especially Coldhurst Area.
• Engaging people and youngerster with the people from diffirent background with each other
• Encourage Healthy Sports to everyone involve with the club
• To work with various clubs to develop cricket skills and fitness.
• To further interest in Sports and to provide members with information, advice and assistance on matters connected with Cricket games.

Also this is a very good chance for Bengali youths to get interested and join the club. We all know there aren't many Bengali cricket clubs in U.K apart from few in London and couple of other cities. England squad had and have few Indians and Pakistani players but no disrespect to anyone, lack of commitment or interest from Bengali youth or even some parents is not letting us see the real talent that might be hiding in any of us. We want to be the ladder through which we would like to see some players get on top, play in league or maybe for England team. Especially if some Bengali players can get to play for England team then its an honour.

I think I have breifly described our team as its going through early stages. We don't have our own ground yet but we play in pitch provided by Oldham Council, thanks to them.

1 of our main worry is MONEY. Although we have been granted bit of money by council and an organisation, but its not even enough to buy all the eqiupments. We are slowly approaching some local businesses for sponorship, but businesses in Oldham don't really want to sponsor for big amount, which is perfectly fine. Whatever they can give we are really greatful for.

We are organising a launc party in Septemeber where we hope to raise a litlle bit of money and that still won't be enough without few solid sponsors. I was wondering if you guys could help us out. Any amount will be really helpful.

Also theres going to be a T20 tournament in London starting from septemeber where some of the organisers have told us it would be good if we take part. The matches will be shown live on Uk Bengali channels on Sky. This would be ideal for us to promote or club and also youngsters will be more interested in joining. But our real worry is finanace. As we would be the only club that would travel so far from manchester to London for this tournament. We have estimated that every visit there will cost us around £1000. It will be knockout style game and if we go through we might play upto 4 o 5 matches which can be really expensive for us. We are in desperate need for some sponsor for this tournament aswell. So please if any of you guys can or know some who can sponsor us or help us in anyway to reach our goals, we will really really appreciate it.

Thank you

http://www.facebook.com/DjRoniProfile
Old July 18, 2011, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

This is a great news to know Roni bro. I wish affluent BC members will come forward and contribute with a view to accelerate the progress of Bangladesh cricket from grassroots level.

Keep it up.
Old July 18, 2011, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Keep up the good work. Hope some sponsor helps you guys out
Old July 20, 2011, 06:37 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Can you tell me a bit more about the club.

How many players?
When do you play?
When do you train?
What times and days?
Any qualified coaches? etc...
Old July 20, 2011, 08:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Can you tell me a bit more about the club.

How many players?
When do you play?
When do you train?
What times and days?
Any qualified coaches? etc...
We have over 30 players but because of lack of commitment it is very difficult to get everyone together in 1 traning session. Almost all of us work full time. I work full time, got university full time, some other businesses and projects but we still try our best to continue to train regularly. We train atleast twice a week. If weather is good we train more often. Also we play with other local players or teams once a while in T20 format just to gain more experience or we just play against ourselves by splitting our team into 2 parts. Normally we play regularly on saturday morning and also any weekdays morning depending on the weather.

We don't have any qualified coaches at the moment. But we do have some experienced players who have played regularly in Bangladesh on a respecatble position. The club is still in its earlier phases. We need sponsorship to take our club higher.

http://www.facebook.com/DjRoniProfile