facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 8, 2012, 10:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Default The future batting order

There are a lot of young players starting to come through now. BD's main problem atm in batting strength is the top 3 positions. mominul is beginning to be groomed as a #3 but was originally a middle order bat, anamul is being groomed as an opener/#3. now i think in the more recent future we could be looking at anamul as opener and mominul the #3 but as SS develops we could well see him as the long term 2nd opener with anamul slotted in as the long term #3 and mominul batting in the middle order (probably #4) with shakib remaining at #5 then nasir/mushy taking the next two spots.

but we also have naeem looking like a good FC middle order bat and shuvagata has been good so far and if continues he'll surely be pushing for higher honours. tasamul is also coming through and we can't forget asif ahmed.

there is a lot more competition now for batting spots in the national team, not just middle order (shakib, nasir, riyad, mushy, naeem, shuvagata, tasamul) but top 3 with nazim, imrul, SN, junaid, jahurul, anamul, asif, SS, mominul. what's good now is that players are becoming a lot more consistent domestically so that's going to force whoever does get selected for national colours to work hard and perform otherwise they'll be gone and they'll have to work their way back into the team (players aren't giving up their spots as easily now and i think there will be an upward trend in that).

i think where the batting is now weak in the top 3 in a few years time it could be a strength, i think anamul, asif and SS will push each other to be better and better to the point where the top 3 will be very strong and as it is now the middle order is already pretty strong and the competition is continuing to get stiffer.

all in all i think there are really good signs that BD's batting is improving and will continue to improve and become quite strong.

Old November 8, 2012, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

The key now is to take these young prospects have tours to play in places like South Africa so that they can diversify their skills.
Old November 8, 2012, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
The key now is to take these young prospects have tours to play in places like South Africa so that they can diversify their skills.
yep, organise some A team and academy tours. i'd say the NCL clubs should organise some tours to other countries but doubt there is any chance of that happening.
Old November 8, 2012, 10:50 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

I think we can have a good middle order in the next year or so with all batsman averaging above 30. With competition in the future I can see our middle order batsman averaging 35+ in a few years. I'm worried about #2 and #3 positions. In ODIs we only have Anamult #3 and SS at #2 in a few years time. I'm concerned with who will bat as the 2nd openers spot at present in both formats. Anamul could take the #3 spot but if he doesn't manage to nail it. We're back to square one again.
Old November 8, 2012, 11:57 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Our future will never be bright until our young cricketers are able to win youth competitions on a regular basis. Lets not forget if our young players get dominated by the young players of other cricketing nations then the situation is unlikely to improve once they grow older and come into the national team because the same youngsters from other team's will also find their way into their respective national teams.

Winning something big at the youth level is probably the best indicator of what future holds for us and until that happens we are looking a producing one or two good cricketers per generation surrounded by mediocrity
Old November 8, 2012, 12:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I expect some major changes in the batting order in near future. All these Nazim/Kayes/Junaid Siddique/Shahriar Nafees will very soon fade. I am also losing hope on Jahurul and Shuvagoto Hom. We have few upcoming players, even though are untested, seem much better than the above mentioned bunch. Players like Anamul/Mominul/Asif Ahmed/Soumya Sarker/Nurul Hasan Sohan will come in quickly and Naeem Islam is finding his groove again.

For Test we might see --

Tamim
Anamul
Mominul
Naeem
THE REST

FOR ODIs
Tamim
Anamul
Soumya
...down the order Sohan/Gazi
Old November 8, 2012, 05:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Why doesn't everything think Anamul is an (Test) opener? He's a #3. How hard is that concept to grasp? Its better to keep someone on the bench then to play him out of position. Or are we trying to perpetually re-create the Ashraful fiasco?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 8, 2012, 06:12 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Until ATMR makes some babies, we will have to deal with sissy batsmen.
Old November 8, 2012, 06:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Anamul and Mominul are yet to even prove that they are capable of playing at this level, we started making them superstars. I don't know how many of us will have a heart attacks, if they turn out to be worse than Nazimuddin/Junaid... there is all the possibility. I don't see any exceptional performances from them to make such opinion.

Anamul failed to show any sign n the series against Zim...although it was T20s, but it was cricket after all and all the great players have been able to cope up with this format, even by playing proper cricketing shots. And whatever little I have seen of Mominul in BPL, I didn't find anything to be thrilled ..... Well he played one good knock. How can we take them as sure success candidates for the national team, I don't understand.
Old November 8, 2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Why doesn't everything think Anamul is an (Test) opener? He's a #3. How hard is that concept to grasp? Its better to keep someone on the bench then to play him out of position. Or are we trying to perpetually re-create the Ashraful fiasco?
I've been thinking the same. Nowadays Anamul plays at the #3 spot. I think he himself figured out he's a lot more effective there. He mentioned in an interview that's his preferred spot. Junaid is a good example of the difference between playing as an opener and playing at #3. He did quite well after coming down to #3. I also dislike the fact that a lot of people are placing Mominul a middle order batsman ( positions. #4,#5) into a top order #3. There is a difference there and I feel he'll fail and we'll ruin him if he bats at #3.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:42 PM
Cricket Sage

I think there is lesser difference between a 3 and a 4 then there is between a 2 and a 3. Three through 5 are similar positions really and the difference is only in calibre/seniority with the former taking priority. The 6 position is also similar but at point you start batting with the lower order and tail and thus he should be more of a finisher, even in Tests.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 8, 2012, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
It doesnt matter if he is #3 but he opens the batting, Anamul should be able to show that he can perform decently. A player doesnt perform horribly if he is a natural #3 but he opens. If Ponting opened the batting he wouldnt do 'horrible'. If Trott opened the batting he would do horrible. This logic of 'he is a #3, so if he opens the batting he will do bad' logic doesnt make sense to me.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:58 PM
Cricket Guru

I can see Soumya batting as opener, Anamul at #3 and Mominul at #4. The key is for them to continue to rack up the big scores and be consistent. Their time will come soon enough.
Old November 8, 2012, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I can see Soumya batting as opener, Anamul at #3 and Mominul at #4. The key is for them to continue to rack up the big scores and be consistent. Their time will come soon enough.
The team selection will be hard with that kind of a team when you have Shakib, Mushfiq, Nasir, Naeem and Riyad to pick from when the #5, #6, #7 positions are the only ones left. Shakib is auto pick for #5.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mominul Haque
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mushfiqur Rahim

Thats probably the future. Dont know how long Naeem will stay consistent for. Riyad cant possibly fit in the team.
Old November 8, 2012, 08:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
The team selection will be hard with that kind of a team when you have Shakib, Mushfiq, Nasir, Naeem and Riyad to pick from when the #5, #6, #7 positions are the only ones left. Shakib is auto pick for #5.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mominul Haque
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mushfiqur Rahim

Thats probably the future. Dont know how long Naeem will stay consistent for. Riyad cant possibly fit in the team.
Yup we'll see what happens. A lot of things can change in the future.
Old November 9, 2012, 03:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Future batting line up:

Imrul Kayes
Nazim Uddin
Shahriar Nafees
Junaed Siddique
Naeem Islam
Riyad
Shakib
Mushy

Stand by: Tamim
Old November 9, 2012, 08:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mominul Haque
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mushfiqur Rahim

yeah at this stage it looks like this could be a real possibility. but i wouldn't count out asif, shuvagata and tasamul. also nurul seems to be doing pretty well this season with bat and gloves, he's one of the best pure keepers in the country and his batting has come along this season so he along with dhiman could put pressure on mushy especially if mushy is batting at #7 where batting skills aren't as important as batting in the top 6.
Old November 9, 2012, 09:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mominul Haque
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mushfiqur Rahim

Thats also how I see it. Perhaps Asif Ahmed can slot in at 8 as he is a decent part time offie (like Naeem, Riyad). He is also the perfect aggressive guy down the order to lift our total.

Leaves only 3 bowling slots. My guess is on Sunny/Gazi/Enamul + 2 seamers (Taskin and Al Amin/Abu Jayed/Rubel/Shahadat/Nazmul).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 9, 2012, 09:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Tamim Iqbal
Shoumya Sarkar
Anamul Haque
Mominul Haque
Nasir Hossain
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfique Rahim
Shabbir Rahman / Sohag Gazi
Sunny/ Enamul
Al Amin
Taskin
Old November 9, 2012, 10:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Future batting line up:

Imrul Kayes
Nazim Uddin
Shahriar Nafees
Junaed Siddique
Naeem Islam
Riyad
Shakib
Mushy

Stand by: Tamim
Not sure about Shakib, Mushi and Tamim making the grade when guys like Rocky, The ShuVos, Mehrab "Junior", and Myshukur will be at their best after a few more seasons in the NCL, easily the greatest FC cricket anywhere.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 10, 2012, 02:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Surprised very few are considering the prospect of playing Nasir in the top 5. Nasir has good technique and sth our other batsmen dont have-calmness and the ability to occupy the crease. He has been very consistent having done well in ODI, T20 and Tests in his short career. And lets not forget he is just 20. So while all the hype is with Anamul and Mominul lets not forget about Nasir.

Theres a lot of pessimism in the media how we havent made progress in the last 12 years. But having guys with the ability of Tamim, Shakib, Nasir, Mominul, Anamul in the same team-its never happened before in Bangladeshi cricket. Add Mushfiq, Riyad to the mix we have a pretty decent batting lineup. One which will definitely put fighting totals, and be able to chase down scores.
Old November 10, 2012, 03:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Not sure about Shakib, Mushi and Tamim making the grade when guys like Rocky, The ShuVos, Mehrab "Junior", and Myshukur will be at their best after a few more seasons in the NCL, easily the greatest FC cricket anywhere.
how could i forget 'Rocky', 'Aftab', "Nafees Iqbal !! They all are 1 century away from making it the main XI. Man, its so difficult to make our 'invincible' batting line up (kakey rekhe kakey nei). Anyway, here is my revised line up:

Nafees Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Nazimuddin
Aftab Ahmed
Shahriar Nafees
Rokibul
Dhiman Gosh
Shohrawardy Shuvo
Shahadat Hossain
Abul Hossain
Abdur Razzaq

Beat that line up !
Old November 15, 2012, 03:12 PM

In Tests:

1. Tamim
2. Junaid/Jahurul/Nazimuddin/Shahriar
3. Anamul
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiqur
7. Nasir
8. Mahmudullah

The #2 spot is a worry for me. Hopefully with 4 guys fighting for that spot we'll see increased competition and an improvement in performances. In the long run I hope Soumya Sarkar can be a consistent player for us.
Old November 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
Banned

I think that Nayeen Islam can handle Zimb, NZ, India, Pakistan, SL, and WI. Not quite sure of SA, Aus and Eng on a fast pitch. He always showed temperment, and now he has a little better skillset. Aall the best to our new and potentially permanent # 4.
Old November 15, 2012, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
In Tests:

1. Tamim
2. Junaid/Jahurul/Nazimuddin/Shahriar
3. Anamul
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiqur
7. Nasir
8. Mahmudullah

The #2 spot is a worry for me. Hopefully with 4 guys fighting for that spot we'll see increased competition and an improvement in performances. In the long run I hope Soumya Sarkar can be a consistent player for us.
ok now let's see their batting ability and what we can expect from them

1. Tamim- around 70-80
2. Junaid/Jahurul/Nazimuddin/Shahriar or any jodu modu kodu will at best add another 30 runs
3. Anamul- Yet to be tested
4. Naeem- he will just hang in there as long as he can
5. Shakib- Mr 50, if he is lucky then will stretch it to 80-90
6. Mushfiq- 30-40
7. Riyad- 20-30
8. Nasir- 40-50

So based on this we should be able to put up a 300+ runs on a consistent basis and once in a while we will see someone getting that magical 100 and push the score further. So that's basically our batting ability regardless of the pitch. It's sad that we still haven't found a player who can score 100 on a consistent basis