facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 24, 2008, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Talking to my family in Bangladesh, many people are following the ICL, since the Dhaka warriors are doing well. Everybody loves a winner!!!

Old October 25, 2008, 06:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Talking to my family in Bangladesh, many people are following the ICL, since the Dhaka warriors are doing well. Everybody loves a winner!!!
I'f they win a couple of matches, 140 million will watch ICL, leaving the National team even, if the keep losing.

Only the hardcore will watch both, wheather they win or lose.
Old October 25, 2008, 01:52 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

IF they keep on winning, they will get a strong following. This is their first year and they'll get better next year. What I hope this will do is once people start following these guys they will want to see them play in Bangladesh and for Bangladesh and put pressure on BCB to lift the ban. That will be fabulous. I'd like to get Kapali back and maybe Dhiman and Aftab has more to offer to the national team. Plus, if there is no fear of a ban on ICL players, DW can actually get good pacers in the team.
Old October 25, 2008, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
IF they keep on winning, they will get a strong following. This is their first year and they'll get better next year. What I hope this will do is once people start following these guys they will want to see them play in Bangladesh and for Bangladesh and put pressure on BCB to lift the ban. That will be fabulous. I'd like to get Kapali back and maybe Dhiman and Aftab has more to offer to the national team. Plus, if there is no fear of a ban on ICL players, DW can actually get good pacers in the team.
While in your heart you want the best, expecting them to do well for BD is very misplaced.

They never played well before, and after this sword fight called 20/20, they will suck more...unless ofcourse they play just that for BD.

And even so, not more than 2 players from the current DW team will be able to make it into a BD 20/20 team.
Old October 25, 2008, 06:48 PM
Banned

Most of the DW players were born losers, and they are just continuing to prove that.

They played poorly for BD
They gave up there right to play for BD
They have won 1/4 games so far in the ICL

..HOPEFULLY THOUGH, THEY WILL BEAT ONE MORE TEAM BESIDES bOMBAY BEFORE THE TOURNEY IS OVER.
Old October 26, 2008, 03:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sylheti Kapali

Then I suppose you can say the same for the national team players as well because I dont see any winners there eighther, at least no better than kapali, Aftab or Rafiq.

Although the Warriors have only won 1 out of 4, the matches have been extremely exciting to watch and had it not been for the lack of some quality pacers, the Warriors would have been a very formidable team.
Old October 26, 2008, 05:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I find inclusion of Sharif was a big mistake.
I am not really familiar of Karim but in this condition even
Anis or Shanto could do better than MSharif IMHO.
Old October 26, 2008, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cric crazy
Then I suppose you can say the same for the national team players as well because I dont see any winners there eighther, at least no better than kapali, Aftab or Rafiq.

Although the Warriors have only won 1 out of 4, the matches have been extremely exciting to watch and had it not been for the lack of some quality pacers, the Warriors would have been a very formidable team.
That's why I said most of the players, and not all.

Rafiq is in a class of his own, asnd so is Bashar. They have done more for the national team (where the going gets tough).

Aftab and Kapali are borderline cases.

The rest are what I have called them.
Old October 26, 2008, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:

In any 20/20 tourney, or in a game under this format, the spread will be very tight. And that will deceive many, like yourself.
Old October 26, 2008, 04:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

http://stats.cricinfo.com/icl2008/en...ype=tournament

This list will tell you the situation of our bowlers. Bashar aptly said,

"The bowlers need time to settle. They will come back harder and they all are playing after a long time"
Although I doubt it for any of the pacers.
Old October 27, 2008, 01:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit
In any 20/20 tourney, or in a game under this format, the spread will be very tight. And that will deceive many, like yourself.
Not sure if you have been watching the matches, because if you have, you will have seen our batting to be quite a revelation.

It's very rare for any bangladeshi batsmen to play consistently, but here it has been the exception.

In each match, some one has contributed with the bat and Kapali seems to be in a different league of his own.

Although its only a twenty20 competition, Kapali has not been just slogging, but playing the kind of shots which only a few world class players can. He is definatly playing in the "zone"

When you see your national team lose in pathetic manner day in day out, you cannot help but start to feel of a lesser kind.

And then when you suddenly see that these same crop of players are giving teams a run for their money, you start to to believe that maybe, just maybe we CAN be as good as the big boys one day.

If you had been listening to commentators and expert in the ICL, you will have seen and heard that the Dhaka Warriors were not being being taken seriously at all and were just seen and talked about as just another "Bangladeshi" team. Another laughing stock.

Commentators were being very harsh and critical about their approach and mindsets and what not.But since the 2nd match, all that has changed and the Warriors are being taken seriously.

They are being feared and RESPECTED.

And at this moment in time, if any players can bring some respect to the motherland and at the same time provide quality entertainment to millions of people around the world, then I find it hard to believe that there are people still out there who are willing to knock them.

Look at reality and give credit where credit is due.
Old October 27, 2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:

When you see your national team lose in pathetic manner day in day out, you cannot help but start to feel of a lesser kind.
[Admin comment: Please maintain decorum in your tête-à-tête. Be cognizant of the forum rules on civility in discourse. Please refrain from personal attacks]

The BD team did do well in the 20/20 WC, thank you very much.

And the DW players, barring Bashar and Rafiq were miserable failures in all other forms of REAL cricket.

Last edited by Zunaid; October 27, 2008 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: Form Rule Violation
Old October 27, 2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

Oh one thing dude, we love or hate Kapali regardless of whether he is a Shyleti.

I think you are taking your district affiliation with him too seriously.

Remember, desh comes before jela. If that's not your feeling, we can help facilitate your settlement in Tripura.
Old October 27, 2008, 03:19 PM
Banned

[Admin comment: Please maintain decorum in your tête-à-tête. Be cognizant of the forum rules on civility in discourse. Please refrain from personal attacks]

Last edited by Zunaid; October 27, 2008 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: Forum Rule Violation
Old October 27, 2008, 06:54 PM
Banned

Dhora khei eto kotha.
Old October 28, 2008, 04:23 AM
Banned

Thank You admin for trying to maintain the standard of civility in this forum which I do not feel that I have violated.

I think it is only fair that I am given the opportunity to defend my right to have my affiliation with where ever I please and that I do not need any Tom Dick or Harry to tell me otherwise.

If they have any problems with that then TOUGH.
Old October 28, 2008, 06:19 AM
Banned

Back to the topic though....

we need a new contest, Dhaka Mirzafors vs. BD Natl team.
Old October 28, 2008, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit

The BD team did do well in the 20/20 WC, thank you very much.

And the DW players, barring Bashar and Rafiq were miserable failures in all other forms of REAL cricket.
I am quite confounded by this Z bhai. You could have asked for a stop to this exchange instead of censoring me as wll for the sake of balance. All that was mentioned was in reference to the other writers strong sense of emotion around the player and his home.

I was in general going about expressing my opinion, which happened to be different from the spirit of this thread opener, before being mauled by him, and that too under the Union Jack? What audacity.
Old October 28, 2008, 07:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Cric Crazy, Pundit may or may not like Kapali that's his opinion. Pundit's entitled to his opinion. Where were you when Kapali was struggling? Sohel NR the CEO of Kapali fans and few others including myself were the only ones backing him during his lows. Sylheti mamu, Alok might score a duck next game and then your pride and hopes for him will come crushing down. Just feel proud of him as a Bangladeshi. Pundit, with some of you calling them traitors, for no particularly good reason is harsh.
Old October 28, 2008, 07:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Thank You admin for trying to maintain the standard of civility in this forum which I do not feel that I have violated.

I think it is only fair that I am given the opportunity to defend my right to have my affiliation with where ever I please and that I do not need any Tom Dick or Harry to tell me otherwise.

If they have any problems with that then TOUGH.
cric crazy,
We all love BD Nat. players regardless of whichever districts they may come from. I admire Kapali because he is a brilliant player and not because he hails from any particular district. Although, as a fellow "Sylheti" (I was born there) it feels great when he or any other (Sylheti) players do well. I suppose, this is very natural. Likewise, I feel great when Ashdafool plays well.

Love or regards for ones region or birthplace is healthy, desirable and a praiseworthy trait. But fanatical regionalism, tribalism and nationalism are for tunnel-vissioned people. We all share the same country- same planet! Allah's mercy pervades all the regions and all the lands. Our common humanity is much more important than which land we come from -unless- its Mars, of course.

Pundit,
I'm surprised a veteran like you got wind up so easily!

Last edited by BanCricFan; October 28, 2008 at 07:36 AM..
Old October 28, 2008, 08:29 AM
Banned

Gentlemen, please explain where I said anything to Pundit because he said something bad about Kapali.

He is being rude to me simply because I wrote "Sylheti Kapali" to be my favourite player.

There are lots of posts in this forum where members have gloated that certain players are from where they are from i.e Aftab and Tamim from Chittagong.

I did not see anyone being rude to them and why should they?
Old October 28, 2008, 08:55 AM
Banned

Istylish Cricketer - Yes indeed, calling DW is harsh. Maybe its the point that matters more - leaving your infant country (cricketing sense) behind, when it needs you the most.

Bancricfan - winded up, maybe so too. But I am just writing, at the end that's what it is only.

Cric crazy - that chittagonian tamim is my favorite player. Is that rude? I am not from cgong even.

Another guy had got on my case as well with Shariar Nafees. That too before he left for the ICL. Looks like we love our players for the wrong reasons, sometimes.
Old October 28, 2008, 08:56 AM
Banned

Please read post 36 and tell me if I have stated anything which warranted the rude remarks that were made by Pundit which have been deleted since then by the Admin.

I was not upset with Pundit because he said something solely about Kapali.

I was just trying to stick up for the Dhaka Warriors and used Kapali as an example in the context of the argument.

It had nothing to do with the fact that he is from Sylhet.
Old October 28, 2008, 09:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Cric crazy,
I have read your post #36 and you have made a very good point. But I find your "sylheti Kapali" tag not to be in good taste. This may create unnecessary 'regionalist' hostilities and therefore, Its NOT cricket!

I, generally, find your posts to be a good read. :-)
Old October 28, 2008, 09:27 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I am real happy they won at least 2 matches, they did not embarrass us like our national team does.

Well done boys!