facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 9, 2013, 05:51 PM
Banned

BDFlag In the last 5 years ....

- This is what BD team has scored in ODIs
- We have made around 300 only ten times
- 250 runs seems to be our goal in every match
- We played 95 matches, but from 2012 - present, we have played only 15 matches
- We have experimented with the following players in the team :
Mehrab Hossain Jnr
Raqib
Alok Kapali
Dhiman Ghosh
Farhad Reza
Syed Rasel
Naeem Islam
Imrul Kayes
Dollar Mahmud
Nazimuddin
Mahbubul Alam
Enamul Haque Jnr
Aftab Ahmed
Suhrawadi Shuvo
Faisal Hossain
Shuvagoto Hom
SN
Elias Sunny
Anamul
Jahurul
Ashraful

Tamim's runs

Ashraful's runs

Zunaid

Nazimuddin

Naeem

Imrul

SN

Anamul

Jahurul

Shakib

Mushfiq

Riyad

Nasir

Old May 9, 2013, 09:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

we are in Crisis .....

so now we should sing .... .....

eto ta bhebe duure chole jai, sopner din jodi khuje pai .....................
Old May 10, 2013, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

I say we get over all the flops you mentioned, well excepct Anamul and Enamul Jnr. We must invest on players like Mominul, Ayub, Souyma, Shabbir, Nurul, Noor, Taskin, Babu instead of persisting in waiting for the likes Jahu, SN, Ash to perform..The next gen of players will be match winners for us and will thrive under international pressure and stage like Nasir, Gazi, Momin (even after a terrible bpl, looked real good vs SL) These young guns are eager and hungry for the spot unlike many we keep persisting with the FC bullies again and again. I beleive Nurul can notch his game into another couple of gears under international scene like nasir, Shak, Gazi and a few others did.
Old May 10, 2013, 02:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
I say we get over all the flops you mentioned, well excepct Anamul and Enamul Jnr. We must invest on players like Mominul, Ayub, Souyma, Shabbir, Nurul, Noor, Taskin, Babu instead of persisting in waiting for the likes Jahu, SN, Ash to perform..The next gen of players will be match winners for us and will thrive under international pressure and stage like Nasir, Gazi, Momin (even after a terrible bpl, looked real good vs SL) These young guns are eager and hungry for the spot unlike many we keep persisting with the FC bullies again and again. I beleive Nurul can notch his game into another couple of gears under international scene like nasir, Shak, Gazi and a few others did.
yeah i agree, although i think jahu should get another test series as 2nd opener and ash get another series as #3. but in ODIs there is no reason for guys like jahu and ash.
Old May 10, 2013, 04:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Who deserves persistence from your list (you missed Nazmul):

Nazmul Hossain
Naeem Islam- (tests) one of the only players i know of that actually worked hard after getting dropped..even with his limited footwork he transitioned into a top order batsmen and got runs to get selected and got rewarded with a 100 vs WI. I say give him another go, he deserves it.
Enamul Haque Jnr
Ashraful (3 at tests & open in t20s)
Shamsur (t20s)

I say no more experimenting vs NZ in tests with openers and saying "one more, lets hope he fires" so no to Jahu. Anam will get spot *no injury fingers crossed*. As for Sajidul, Rubel, Shafiul we have no choice because of the lack of pacers so we have to stick to em until we find 3 permanent pacers these 3 will always be around

Fresh players that need to be brought in:

Marshall Ayub
Shabbir
Anamul
Taskin
Babu
Soumya
Old May 10, 2013, 04:24 AM
Cricket Guru

anamul prefers the #3 spot and tbh looked worse than jahurul so i'd still give jahu another series in tests.
Old May 10, 2013, 01:13 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Wait, clearly there's something wrong with these graphs. For e.g. Shakib hasn't scored a century in a while, but he has definitely scored one in the last five years! (His last one being his 144 against Pakistan.) Even as recently as the SL series, he scored an 89. Why does his graph not go beyond 80?
Old May 10, 2013, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Wait, clearly there's something wrong with these graphs. For e.g. Shakib hasn't scored a century in a while, but he has definitely scored one in the last five years! (His last one being his 144 against Pakistan.) Even as recently as the SL series, he scored an 89. Why does his graph not go beyond 80?
This is only for ODIs

Here
Old May 10, 2013, 02:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

Going back how far? Since 2012?
Old May 10, 2013, 02:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

I ask because he last scored an ODI hundred in October 2010 against NZ
Old May 10, 2013, 04:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I am more worried about the next five years as most of our front line players have become completely predictable for opponents, be it batting, fielding, bowling.

Besides we do not see the ability to handle pressure situations the same way we have seen before from current senior batch, from our U19 spills such as Anamul or Mominul. This may sound a bit harsh but the truth is like thermodynamics has become a part of SSC chemistry now, there needs to be a gradual curve of improvement similarly may be more intensified in the era of IPL.

I hope last few successes are not termed as honeymoon period of our cricket only.
Old May 10, 2013, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru

tamim, shakib, mushy and nasir will continue to be the core of the batting, they'll probably be the core for the next decade. guys like anamul, mominul, shuvagata, soumya, asif, taskin etc are going to have to step into the gaps that are left and of course hopefully they'll make those gaps no longer be gaps.