facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 7, 2012, 10:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Those who are criticizing Riyad for his batting in this should stop posting in this forum , you are like our to order batsmen . You need to gain more knowledge of Cricket.
100% agree. he was fantastic throughout the innings but no one was able to support him.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Old December 7, 2012, 11:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Ashen amra shobai amader ahol jaigai choila ashi..faltu dol er fan. .Jara majhe majhe upset ghotai r amra mone kori Je dol to na jeno agun er gola
Old December 7, 2012, 11:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Riyad played one of his best inning today. But, the other 10 batsmen let him down.
when riadh can bat like that, even mushy was looking comfortable, dont know what happenned to the top 5
Old December 7, 2012, 11:06 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

taratari uthe luv ki holo?
Old December 7, 2012, 11:06 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
when riadh can bat like that, even mushy was looking comfortable, dont know what happenned to the top 5
Let our brilliant selectors figure that out.
Old December 7, 2012, 11:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

both today and yesterday, riyadh batted really well. he is really performing as vice captain
Old December 7, 2012, 11:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktkeeper
both today and yesterday, riyadh batted really well. he is really performing as vice captain
but for losing cause...but indeed kudos belong to him as he is performing...rest of the players are not contributing and irresponsible and not valuing their wickets past two matches
Old December 7, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktkeeper
With all due respect for what he has done in these two matches. If he is only able to perform when there isn't any intent for winning...he should play up the order, that kind of play can prevent a top order collapse, and we should find out someone who can come late and finish the game...like Zia or Nasir or anyone else...
Old December 7, 2012, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

No matter how does Riyad bat. He is a coward. He is plying in the national team for last 6/7 years. Still he don't have enough courage to bat above Mominul ?
Old December 7, 2012, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
No matter how does Riyad bat. He is a coward. He is plying in the national team for last 6/7 years. Still he don't have enough courage to bat above Mominul ?
How are you sure that it wasn't a TEAM MANAGEMENT decision? Did you attend the pre match team meeting?
Old December 7, 2012, 11:35 AM
Test Cricketer

We did not lose the 4th ODI as badly as the W-Indies did in the 2nd one at Khulna. Even with the two losses In this series BD is still a bit ahead of WI. But the momentum is on the WI's side. I hope they cannot win through luck any more. For BD to be a better ODI team at home, they have to come back hard and give it all with what they have. I guess Mushy and M-Ullah cannot say that they have no pressure. I guess the pressure situation really motivates people toward applying whatever skills they have to the situation and prove it through performance and results. The Mushy-M-Ullah (the Captain and "Wise" Captain) partnership lifted us from a big hole we were in at 17 for 5. Nasir, Mominul and Tamim got out to good balls. The W-Indies were lucky in a sense. Bad umpiring affected both teams (Sohag Gazi's out, but then Mushy got life too).
We missed Shakib at a very critical juncture; remerber, Vettori said, "the difference between win and loss is Shakib." He is such an impact player. Mominul got out to a nice catch; he is too short to pull that ball. We need to replace Naeem. And we played a pacer short - we just do not have one.

All the matches I watched from the very beginning uninterrupted, BD won. I did not do it for the 3rd and 4th ODI. Now I would have to be up at 3:30 am today to see the BD play. Maybe that would be the reason why BD will prevail.

I would say that a 2-3 series loss to the W-Indies would not be end of the world.

I will remain as always an avid BD fan.

GO, BANGLADESH, GO!

Last edited by Haradhon; December 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM..
Old December 7, 2012, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
With all due respect for what he has done in these two matches. If he is only able to perform when there isn't any intent for winning...he should play up the order, that kind of play can prevent a top order collapse, and we should find out someone who can come late and finish the game...like Zia or Nasir or anyone else...
It's not his decision to bat lower down the order, is it? He has always said he is ready to bat anywhere his team wants. He has done a good job within his limited scope and capability. I think we should give respect where it's due..
Old December 7, 2012, 11:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
It's not his decision to bat lower down the order, is it? He has always said he is ready to bat anywhere his team wants. He has done a good job within his limited scope and capability. I think we should give respect where it's due..
I think I have given him the due respect.

And when we ask for change in the batting order it doesn't mean we tell the player to promote or demote himself.

He will definitely do better job for the team, if he is promoted up the order.
Old December 7, 2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Uff... Good chance it was to win the series in this match, they blown it! Sensible batting would've done it! This was a match were so called chokka naeem could have played a 80+balls knock for 40+runs and we would've loved but he couldn't because he is useless in LOI format under pressure bit of pressure!
Old December 7, 2012, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
How are you sure that it wasn't a TEAM MANAGEMENT decision? Did you attend the pre match team meeting?
He has been offered several times to bat up the order but he denied. A good batsman never likes to come to the crease when the match is already lost.
Old December 7, 2012, 11:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think the batting order is decided by the team management. i do not see riyadh should have problem batting top of the order , even in # 3/4. so its management who is wrong, not the players. players can have problem in capacity but they do not have choice where they want to bat unless your uncle or brother is a selector or part of management of BCB
Old December 7, 2012, 11:51 AM
Banned

Serious this has to stop for Godsake! Mahmudullah has to come up the order atleast at 4! His got the temperament play sensible, rotate strike, put bad balls away. and others can attack, bat like what's required like!
Old December 7, 2012, 11:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

i think riyadh should bat in #3 tomorrow, give some long rest to nayeem. he can focus on Test only version. bring Zia at riyadh's position. Mominul, i am not sure he should play next game or not. he needs more time to prepare for playing at top level.
Old December 7, 2012, 12:05 PM
Banned

Naeem is useless in LOI format, he is easy wicket for any opposition! He should never have been in the squad let alone main XI
Old December 7, 2012, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
He has been offered several times to bat up the order but he denied. A good batsman never likes to come to the crease when the match is already lost.
CI comment maybe relevant:
Orko: "Here's something funny: Mahmudullah, our life-support of sorts, got five night watchmen to protect his wicket before he came out to bat.. I asked it a couple of days ago and I am asking again.. why doesn't he bat higher up the order?" There are many batsmen in the world today who could bat higher up in the ODIs, but there are some mysteries that just don't have answers.

and another
Max: "@Orko, I heard it's Mahmudullah who isn't willing to bat at top. He is my most fav batsman in this team (yeap, I'm serious, not Shakib, not Tamim, it's him) because of his technique and ability to rotate the strike. I sometimes get frustrated by his position and wish he were dropped. He is wasting himself... "

and finally Isam speaks his mind (no not about Shakib): Cricinfo's Isam has this for me: ""It is entirely up to the management where each batsman bats in the Bangladesh team. They want one solid bat to be down the order to give the score respectability whenever they run into trouble. A tradition that started with Khaled Mashud"
Old December 7, 2012, 12:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
Naeem is useless in LOI format, he is easy wicket for any opposition! He should never have been in the squad let alone main XI
He will hit two sixes tomorrow and make a place in the T20 team as well...
Old December 7, 2012, 12:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I'm just glad that I had to miss this ugly match apart from some overs we bowled.
there is no excuse,the truth is we choke, can't perform when expectations are high.
After losing the Test seires when not much was expected from us ,we win.
Old December 7, 2012, 02:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

Well what can i say Tiger fans? you saw the real WI today, the WI who went into the lions den in the t20 world cup final and came out victorious, and boy it was a joy to watch!! , obviously the start wasnt pretty and Gayle is really frustrating me now, he's capable of making such a big impact but he just hasn't fired in this tour, young Powell though has stepped up and once again done well today,

I was also impressed with Bravo's fighting ability, he was all over the place in the 3rd match but today he showed his battling qualities, and as for Sammy, not a huge fan at all but i have to give him credit, he came in when things were in a mess and he played a blinder, and on that pitch it was always gonna make a difference imo,

Now we come to the bowling, i told you guys Roach is simply world class, and when he's on fire like that we become a different animal, Narine's ball to get mushy was also a gem of a delivery,

What tomorrow brings i don't know, but i'm extremely proud that our guys have fought back and are actually in with a chance of winning the series after such a terrible start, they could have said "forget it, we won the test series and thats enough" but no, they've dug in and showed guts in these last two games,

Lastly i find it rather funny how when i was saying after the first two games that we were missing Dwayne Bravo, Charles and Ramdin everyone was laughing and saying i was making excuses, but now you've lost two games Shakib's name is being mentioned!!..how ironic!! .
Old December 7, 2012, 02:37 PM
Cricket Savant

DJ Sammy must be in heaven right now. But respect. That guy had ankle injury and kept bowling in 3rd ODI and single-handed won you guys while our bowlers from a little booboo goes to ICU. Jottoshob.
Old December 7, 2012, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Watch, Gayle will choose the last game of the series to get back in form.