facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 1, 2008, 09:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Team B: 200/8 (45 overs) Imrul 11, Shariar Nafees 27, Jahirul 7, Dhiman 19, Nazim 21, Kapali 37, Mashrafee 47* (55 balls, 3*4, 1*6). Forhad Reza 28/4

Team A: 204/4 (41.5 overs) Junaed 82 (119 balls, 7*4, 1*6), Bashar 10, Ashraful 33 (34 balls), Mehrab jr 13, Rakibul 29*, Forhad Reza 28*, Mashrafee 16/1, Riyad 1 wkt

Toss: Team A

From Bd Khela

Old February 1, 2008, 09:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Thanks Orion.
So,
1) N Sadat and Tamim didn't play.
2) Habibul Bashar did almost fulfill ATMR's wish (100, just minus a zero = 10)
3) Excellent innings from Junaed (82). Now here comes an issues. The report says he was out LBPW. What is that? Leg-Before-Pad-Wicket? Or Leg-bat-pad-wicket, I give up. Never heard of this sort of method of getting a batsman out.
4) Ash 34 of 33 and bowled. Customery I did my part, a good start that is all, hold the fort didnot initiate batting collapse. All positives!! Capitano, wake up!!! This is not NZ pitch. Pick and choose your balls to hit.
5) Great work by Farhad 28* runs, and earlier 28/4 bowling figures.
6) Raquibul was 29*.
7) Mash played more compact innings 47* of 55 balls. 16/1 bowling figures. I wonder if he had bowled his full quota.
8) Among others in B team Imrul (11), SN (27), Nazim (21), Kapali (37) all three same thing as Ash good start can't build on it.
Old February 1, 2008, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Few comments:

1. Bashar failed as many predicted. He opened the innings instead of Tamim. I guess Tamim is not fully fit yet.
2. Ashraful played at number 3 again. I think the coach will give him enough chance to get used to this position.
3. Forhad Reza is impressive. He always does well with limited oppotunites he gets. He may not be the flushy allrounder we are looking for but certainly, he is the best we've got so far.
4. Dhiman couldn't capitalize in his first opportunity to impress the coach. He will get two more chances though. Looking for a good score from him soon.
Old February 1, 2008, 10:59 AM
Cricket Sage

I told you, shine or rain this thread will cross 50.
Old February 1, 2008, 11:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Great to see Junaid doing well. Need this guy to stick around so JO never comes back. Team "A" looking strong on the field as well. The NCL's highest scorer Imrul, SN, enigmatic Kapali, Dhiman all wasted a big opportunity to impress. I had high hopes for Imrul Kayes but hopefully he will get more oppotunities. What was Kapali's strike rate? I wonder if he played like 80 balls to make 37 in true Kapalian fashion.
Old February 1, 2008, 11:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
predictions (if no rain)

BCB A 215 all out (Tamim 54, Ashraful 32)
BCB B 217-7 (Nazimuddin 42, Dhiman 40*)
hmm, some striking things in my prediction:

i.e. total scores and ashraful's low 30 score.

you know what, i think ashraful is one of those rare players who is never out of form (or very rarely out of form). he always looks comfortable but just gets out. this guy could average any number less than a 100...man i can't wait till he gets his head on straight! he will be a revelation.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 1, 2008, 11:39 AM
Cricket Sage

good to see Junaid scoring well...i think he has finally ended the career of Javed Omar. thanks for the memories, JOB!

I hope Junaid can dominate saffers on home tracks at least.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 1, 2008, 11:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Reza got all three top order batsmen (SN, Imrul, Jahirul) from opposing team, impressive !
Old February 1, 2008, 11:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Good practice for the batters, though I was hoping more runs in 45 overs. But good innings by Mashrafe and Junaid. Farhad got the talent, needs to convert it at the higher level.
Old February 1, 2008, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Oh no! Bashar uncle just a zero short! Bepar na, next time.
Old February 1, 2008, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
Great to see Junaid doing well. Need this guy to stick around so JO never comes back. Team "A" looking strong on the field as well. The NCL's highest scorer Imrul, SN, enigmatic Kapali, Dhiman all wasted a big opportunity to impress. I had high hopes for Imrul Kayes but hopefully he will get more oppotunities. What was Kapali's strike rate? I wonder if he played like 80 balls to make 37 in true Kapalian fashion.
he was the third highest scorer in this match, thats not bad IMO. probably at the first innings pitch was not bating friendly thats what bating figure tells us, the collapse of B team. Second innings was bating friendly we see from A team's performance. So kapali did a great job, no doubt about that, impressive in my opinion.

Last edited by Shaan; February 1, 2008 at 12:51 PM..
Old February 1, 2008, 12:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Batsman should have been bit more aggressive. Junaid played a good knock, but he needs up the tempo a bit, towards the end of his innings. As far as Bashar is concerned, why is he there in the first place. As far as Team B's batting is concerned, really dissapointed at SN, Imrul, Dhiman. They still have chances to prove themselves, and i hope that they do.
Old February 1, 2008, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Farhad Reza manages to impress every time he gets a chance. Good on him.
Old February 1, 2008, 01:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Farhad has the potential to be a true all-rounder. He has the talent and ability. But needs some confidence and then he will find some consistency. I do not agree with all those who calls him a Chacha junior, I never considered mahmud an allrounder, even Mushfiqur Rahman was better.
Old February 1, 2008, 01:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

SIDDONS HAS SPOKEN AFTER THE FIRST MATCH. I HOPE HIS CRITICAL TO THE TEAM AND PLAYERS IS FOR A GOOD PURPOSE.

Cricket

Squad depth too thin
Sports Reporter

Opener Zunaed Siddiqui lofts a Mashrafe Bin Mortaza delivery during Friday's first practice match between Team A and Team B at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium. Photo: STAR
There is apparently no great talent outside the national team for one to consider a change.

It was coach Jamie Siddons's observation when responding to a question whether there is a chance to see any change in the team for the upcoming series against South Africa after Tigers' poor display in New Zealand.

A young player like Mahmudullah Riyad, who spilled a simple catch and threw away his wicket to pacer Sajidul Islam during a practice match at the Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium yesterday, provided instant evidence of the Australian's observation.

It was not only Riyad but also the way Jahurul Islam was bowled out and Nazmus Sadat dropped Zunaed Siddiqui simply portrayed a pitiful picture of our cricket.

The Tigers got back to business after a two-week break and it was not a traditional start of a camp, as coach Siddons continued his policy of making his guys perfect in match practice.

Such practice matches always create a chance for the young prospects to draw attention of the new coach but it was hard to believe that our young players understand what 'opportunity' means.

This could be one of the reasons why Siddons saw no reason to bring changes to the team despite a poor showing by his own charges in New Zealand in his first assignment.

"I hope not. I don't think we left any great players behind," said the shaven-headed coach.

The 43-year old Siddons has expectations of taking home ground advantage in his second assignment with the Tigers but he reminded everyone that they are going to face the world's second best team in two Tests and three one-day internationals.

"I am expecting better performance in home conditions but remember, we are going to face the No 2 team in the world. And most importantly, you can't expect dramatic changes overnight," said Siddons, who already pointed out previous short-term policy behind Tigers' constant failure in the game's highest level.

Siddons said that they could think about preparing spin tracks when it is well known that the Proteas are weak against the slow bowling.

"Obviously it would not be a seaming and a bouncy track. I saw two spinners in the last tour and I heard about Mohammad Rafique. Then why not?" he responded.

But what must be ensured first is that his batsmen should put up some runs on the board because this is the real headache of the team. In the first practice match, there was hardly any indication that his charges' learned anything from mistakes.

Team B scored 200-8 in 45 overs after being put into bat first and the most successful batsman was none other than captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, who hit an unbeaten 47 after Alok Kapali's 37.

Surviving twice, Zunaed, who made 82, top-scored for the Mohammad Ashraful-led Team A to reach 204-4 in 41.5 overs to win the match by six wickets.

In the next three practice matches, Siddons would definitely want to see some improvement.

Source:DS>>

Last edited by reverse_swing; February 1, 2008 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: mod.content:Source added. Please try to add source link always.Thanks.
Old February 1, 2008, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
There is apparently no great talent outside the national team for one to consider a change.

It was coach Jamie Siddons's observation when responding to a question whether there is a chance to see any change in the team for the upcoming series against South Africa after Tigers' poor display in New Zealand.

A young player like Mahmudullah Riyad, who spilled a simple catch and threw away his wicket to pacer Sajidul Islam during a practice match at the Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium yesterday, provided instant evidence of the Australian's observation.

It was not only Riyad but also the way Jahurul Islam was bowled out and Nazmus Sadat dropped Zunaed Siddiqui simply portrayed a pitiful picture of our cricket.
Ouch!!! The coach is giving quite a harsh treatment. I am loving it though.
Old February 1, 2008, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I guess Mushy did not get a chance to bat. Wonder if he took any catches. I am hoping that he improves and keeps his place in the ODIs.
Old February 1, 2008, 02:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

why is the mirpur stadium still not complete? Its been months and the stadium is yet to be completed.
Old February 1, 2008, 02:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

One positive thing is the chasers won.
Old February 1, 2008, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

This is perhaps the first time I see Ash's team won in a practice match. Does it mean that the fortune would be reveresed for tigers against SA?
Old February 1, 2008, 03:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
...Does it mean that the fortune would be reveresed for tigers against SA?
I will comment on this after he wins a toss and bats first.
Old February 1, 2008, 06:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

When is the next match?
Old February 1, 2008, 06:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
good to see Junaid scoring well...i think he has finally ended the career of Javed Omar. thanks for the memories, JOB!

I hope Junaid can dominate saffers on home tracks at least.
so Big Z was dropped twice...bad fielding continues dammit.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 1, 2008, 07:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I'm losing interest in JS. By what measure, he said we don't have any better players then the current 15? How can he says that after watching one single game?

Our current squad do need some changes but he's saying we don't. Mushfique should be replaced by Pilot in Test and Dhiman in ODIs.

Mushy is still young and has a long way to go. He should play with the Academy team. He has to fix his technical problems. He's totally out of form. He has issues against fast bowlings and swings.

He can never be a golden boy. He will be a good player but not what the Coach saying.

We need to get some off-spinner/Leg break googly bowelrs in the team. Riyad will be a good option in the ODIs. We don't need another left arm spinner.

I have a feeling that he will say Rasel shouldn't be in the 15 as he's too slow to be a fast bowler. But hes our main wicket taking bowler. Thats just a feeling though.
Old February 1, 2008, 08:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
I'm losing interest in JS. By what measure, he said we don't have any better players then the current 15? How can he says that after watching one single game?

Our current squad do need some changes but he's saying we don't. Mushfique should be replaced by Pilot in Test and Dhiman in ODIs.

Mushy is still young and has a long way to go. He should play with the Academy team. He has to fix his technical problems. He's totally out of form. He has issues against fast bowlings and swings.

He can never be a golden boy. He will be a good player but not what the Coach saying.

We need to get some off-spinner/Leg break googly bowelrs in the team. Riyad will be a good option in the ODIs. We don't need another left arm spinner.

I have a feeling that he will say Rasel shouldn't be in the 15 as he's too slow to be a fast bowler. But hes our main wicket taking bowler. Thats just a feeling though.
to add to that by the sounds of it he doesn't know much about rafique, which is quite worrying considering he's BD's head coach and rafique is one of if not the best player BD has ever produced. i think JS needs to do a bit more research on BD cricket and not be so quick to make judgement on players and BD cricket. i have to wonder, is the reason he called mushy the future golden boy because he thinks so little of BD talent? or does he actually think he can be a successful elite cricketer, maybe he was just talking in relative terms i.e. compared to previous BD players he's going to turn out to be a really good player as opposed to becoming a good player by world standards.