facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 17, 2007, 08:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default India still stands a chance to go to the super eight !!!!!

We do have to do something before India takes that spot .

India will be winning against Srilanka & then Bermuda but if we do loose against Srilanka then we might be in trouble .

So , we should get another great victory against Srilanka before it's too late .

What's your thoughts !!!!!!!

Old March 17, 2007, 08:18 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Of course we should do our best to win both of the next matches, and after today's performance I'm sure our players realise what they have to do to strengthen their chances of reaching the next round.

However, SL shouldn't be taken lightly. It's in their best interest to get as many pts as possible, and I am hoping they'll knock India out.
Old March 17, 2007, 08:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

India just would be mad to make runs against Bermuda as they are capable to score 500+ against them .

So , we should look out before it gets away .

Don't get carried away too much after winning today .

Ofcourse we won today but technically Ireland played heaps better & intelligent cricket than us today as well .

Something must be learnt from them too .

Last edited by Outswinger; March 17, 2007 at 08:27 PM..
Old March 17, 2007, 08:29 PM
Cricket Legend

If our batsmen are able to put on great partnership we can win the rest of the matches. Our players are failing to put a steady partnership causing us to lose quick wkts. today mushfiq and saqib saved us. but they were also lucky with few many chances that india failed to get.
Old March 17, 2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

SL are better than India.

1. Much better Bowlers 2. They got good Batsmen as well , almost = Indian Batsmen.
Old March 17, 2007, 08:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid
SL are better than India.

1. Much better Bowlers 2. They got good Batsmen as well , almost = Indian Batsmen.
But we do have the better record against Srilanka by any means .

SL will loose that match against India for sure caz to show the respect to their neighbours or may be the money ......

India is a big sponser of this WC...........

It's very hard for us to celebrate now rather thinking to win that match against Srilanka .
Old March 17, 2007, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

I am also very hopeful that SL will kick India out of the cup. SL definately has better quality bowlers in Vaas, Malinga, Maharoof, and Murali. I say strength of Lankan batting side is also better than that of India.
Old March 17, 2007, 08:43 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Outswinger, you're a very pessimist fella aren't ya? You might as well change your avatar to an Indian one.
Old March 17, 2007, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Outswinger, you're a very pessimist fella aren't ya? You might as well change your avatar to an Indian one.
I think he is a fan of India or he is just bonkers !!!!
Old March 17, 2007, 08:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Sorry man but I was surfing in so many indian sites & finding them so confiedent to go to the Super 8 . Some even thinking to win the world cup as well .

So , where's the big money involved there we can't take any chances at all .

Also read the article from S.Rajesh ........

Looking ahead

India can still make it to the Super Eights, but their path has been significantly queered. To get to the next stage, they'll obviously have to win both their remaining matches. If Bangladesh beat Sri Lanka as well (and assuming all teams beat Bermuda), the match between India and Sri Lanka will be a virtual elimination game, with the loser out of the tournament.

If Sri Lanka beat Bangladesh, and if India win their two remaining games, three teams will be tied on four points each, and net run rate (NRR) will decide which two make it to the next round. Sri Lanka's huge win against Bermuda means they are favourably placed at the moment, and both India and Bangladesh will need to register similarly convincing wins against Bermuda to prop up their NRR. The last match of the group features Bangladesh versus Bermuda, which ensures Bangladesh will know exactly what they'll need to do to make it to the Super Eights.

Last edited by Outswinger; March 17, 2007 at 08:58 PM..
Old March 17, 2007, 08:54 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Let them talk and console themselves all they like, we'll do our talking in action.
Old March 17, 2007, 09:07 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Outswinger, just watch how India gets beaten by SL and plays a 'Whatever cup' (as proposed by someone somewhere) against Pakistan. Of course we'll have to try to beat SL, but we will have the final say in this group of death as the last game is ours against Bermuda and we will do the final calculation of how many overs we can spare before reaching the target so that we will have a better RR than the other team.
Old March 17, 2007, 09:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Outswinger,

Grow a backbone
Old March 17, 2007, 09:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Outswinger,

Grow a backbone
Sorry man , I got your message in the morning as I was slept away after you call & missed the match & noone came anyway ......

I do apologise for this , please never mind .
Old March 17, 2007, 09:26 PM
heathen
Unregistered

Outswinger has a valid point, of course, but today's for celebration. However, I don't think India is a very cohesive unit and their bowling is second class at best. So, SL should give them a good game. And, no way in hell, SL hands IND a win. That's immature thinking.
Old March 17, 2007, 09:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outswinger
Ofcourse we won today but technically Ireland played heaps better & intelligent cricket than us today as well .

Something must be learnt from them too .
You must be joking. Ireland bowled well but that was nothing close to our bowling today. I understand yr point of not being too excited but dont need to bring down yr own country's wonderful effort. U need grow what IanW suggested.
Old March 17, 2007, 09:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
You must be joking. Ireland bowled well but that was nothing close to our bowling today. I understand yr point of not being too excited but dont need to bring down yr own country's wonderful effort. U need grow what IanW suggested.
Yeah that's what I meant after watching that match , they bowled & fielded awesomely well but don't forget they are only the associates and we are the test nations .

If they can win so , we do .....

Last edited by Outswinger; March 17, 2007 at 09:57 PM..
Old March 17, 2007, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Thank god I am not a MOD or ADMIN in this forum. I would have banned "outswinger" for his outrageously pessimistic and negative comments about today's match even after such a clinical, professional and flawless performance from bangladesh. How can a sane person even compare our performance to Irelands. That was a tight match while ours was one sided throughout the whole day !!!! We have IanW's in this world who being foreigners understand more about Bangladesh cricket and we have Outswinger's who being Bangladeshi ( as he claims to be, which i doubt now given his postings) dont know what on earth they are writing !!!!!!! Ridculous
Old March 18, 2007, 01:13 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I am also very hopeful that SL will kick India out of the cup. SL definately has better quality bowlers in Vaas, Malinga, Maharoof, and Murali. I say strength of Lankan batting side is also better than that of India.
But talking to logic, this Srilanka was trashed by India Prior to world cup by 3-1 (one win also resulted from Indian experiment). Somehow India most of the times wins against Srilanka. Bangladesh should be calculative.

I believe Bangladesh has a better chance of winning against Srilanka than Srilanka winning against India...well, if Bangladesh don’t throw away wickets like they used to do years back. Last few matches Either Fernando or Mahroof troubled Bangladesh, not Malinga. Somehow, Bangladesh now knows to play malinga. And saying about Srilankan batsman that pain Tharanga, Jayasuria and Sangakkara are main problems. So anyone can predict the outcome of that match after 10 overs are played of Srilankan Innings. I don’t think Srilanka can overpass the Spin Trio. They have never played such confident Bangladeshi bowling line up. Just 2/3 wickets we need within 15 over.

Last edited by mbssr; March 18, 2007 at 03:48 AM..
Old March 18, 2007, 01:37 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

We should be also cautious about our confidence level. Beating India doesn't make us automatic favorites to win against Sri Lanka.
Old March 18, 2007, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

yah Bd getting beaten by Sl and then Ind beating Sl is a likely scenerio. Also Ind will probably beat Bermuda by a huge margin and Sl has already won by 250 something runs. Bd will struggle to beat bermuda by such huge margins. So there is a good chance Bd still fail to reach super 8s.

Bd must play all guns blazing against Sl and even if they lose , have to ensure that the lose is by a small margin.
Old March 18, 2007, 06:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

We gotta try and win against sri lanka too..and if we dont..we can pray for sri lanka to beat the Indians...and against Bermuda..we should really go hard on them..score 330+ ..and bowl them out as soon as possible.
Old March 18, 2007, 06:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Outswinger : one more thing..
If you think SL shud loose because India is a BIG sponsor..
Everybody should loose to England.. they created the game!
Old March 18, 2007, 06:38 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

About India beating SL, wasn't it in India? Well, then leave it out of calculation. SL is a team that does not depend on playing home ground unlike India. So, I'm confident that SL will beat India to get them follow Inzi and co.

However, we need to try to beat SL. since we have a good chance to go to second round, we need to try to go there with 2 points. Since Ireland is there, we might just well get a chance to play in the semis. who knows.
Old March 18, 2007, 07:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Outswinger,

Grow a backbone
Perfectly said!!
may be grow one extra on the side as well..cuz they way you think ... you wont be able to survive with one...

and what is this crap you are going about SL WILL loose to India cuz of neighbour or big sponsor...
man..which world you live in??
and what do you smoke??

Even after last nights clinical performance...you are not sure about how we played..and honestly...im really really dissapointed to see a fellow Bangladeshi who is such a spineless...

and india scoring 500+ against Bermuda??
give me a bleeping break..will ya...

you love india so much..why not go and live there??

or join the club with "sufism"...our other super pessimist member..who was by all means..was afraid to dream big and was trying to keep "level headed" before the game...

May be u should ask "SS" about how to transform your views into positive one..

its not backbone you need to grow..its something else...
go figure it out...

Note: i said this before many times...and im saying it again...this is not a direct personal attact towards you, but rather at your pessimist "looser" views...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]