facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 26, 2018, 10:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
Can Mithun open?
He has been playing in the middle order lately. No need to change that. Plus, he looks more comfortable against spinners.

Old September 26, 2018, 11:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Tamim, Imrul, Ashraful, Mushfiqur...that's plenty of experience at the top. More than 600 ODIs between them. All know the conditions well, and have even done well in them.
Old September 26, 2018, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Imrul is still a question mark imo, assuming ash can perform consistently then I believe he will have a strong chance of coming back for the WC as a top order bat, possibly to open with Tamim, if not then at number 3, probably not lower than that because of all the senior players already in the middle order, unless they bring imrul back up top then ash could bat lower. if imrul is to stick to the middle order then I do think ash may been able to sway the selectors if he has a DPL season like last year and none of the youngsters step up.

This all depends on who they give chances to leading up to the WC, who takes those opportunities and whether or not ash can perform with his chances (even if it’s only at the domestic level).

Mosaddek now seems out of favour so mithun and 8mrul get in ahead of him at this point. Ariful hasn’t really been tried so hard to say if he is now ahead of mosaddek or not.

Soumya coming in puts doubts to whether shanto will be continued with because with Liton, soumya and Imrul in the squad and Tamim coming back, even if imrul is no longer considered for the top order then really what are they going to do with shanto?

So still some positions to be worked out before the WC.
Old September 26, 2018, 11:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Literally 2 games ago imrul did well. Now imrul didn't score much and everyone suddenly changed their perception of him. Imrul is ahead of mithun and liton when it comes to technique and batting ability.
Old September 27, 2018, 01:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Literally 2 games ago imrul did well. Now imrul didn't score much and everyone suddenly changed their perception of him. Imrul is ahead of mithun and liton when it comes to technique and batting ability.
Imrul is still in it but having seen him score in the middle order it could be worth giving him a middle order spot instead of opening or batting top 3.

Considering they dropped shanto for last match and kept imrul down the order shows the selectors current thoughts, soumya was brought back instead of pushing imrul up so I think they still want one of liton, soumya or shanto to open with tamim for the WC.

Next series will give us a better indication of what they are thinking in regards to these players and positions, so will the final, if imrul bats middle order in the final then I think we will see him get a decent run down there. Unless of course he doesn’t score runs then he might get discarded again.
Old September 27, 2018, 03:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Tbh Lamboghini Liton gets out so quickly due to his non existent footwork that he is no way an opening batsman. He should be where Mossadek should be IMO.

Given the pool of players we have I think Kayes should open.
Old September 27, 2018, 04:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Given the fact that Tamim's opening partners could not score runs playing proper cricketing shots even if their life depend on it, I suggest let Soumya given a role to do Jayasuriya regardless of match situation and pitch condition. Even if he clicks 5 out of 10 times then we would be better served.

Imrul Kayes should come at 3.

This is my playing XI for WC2019.

1) Tamim Iqbal ( to play like Tamim Iqbal)
2) Soumya Sarker (to play like Sanath Jayasuriya, regardless)
3) Imrul Kayes v.2 (the best top order batsman statistically since 2015 except Tamim)
4) Musfiqur Rahim ( The best player at 4)
5) Sakib Al Hasan
6) Mahmudullah Riyad ( He should not bat lower than 6 to maximize his potential)
7) TBD (To be determined based on BPL 2019, but not mosaddek as he has no power game and not the same player after his eye injury)
8) Mehedy Miraz ( this kid is still improving fast)
9) Mashrefe Mortaza (I wish him best of luck for his final Hurrah)Z
10) Rubel Hussain (For his extreme pace)
11) Mustafizur Rahman ( to fizzle out the opponents)

Thank you !
Old September 27, 2018, 04:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket4All
Given the fact that Tamim's opening partners could not score runs playing proper cricketing shots even if their life depend on it, I suggest let Soumya given a role to do Jayasuriya regardless of match situation and pitch condition. Even if he clicks 5 out of 10 times then we would be better served.

Imrul Kayes should come at 3.

This is my playing XI for WC2019.

1) Tamim Iqbal ( to play like Tamim Iqbal)
2) Soumya Sarker (to play like Sanath Jayasuriya, regardless)
3) Imrul Kayes v.2 (the best top order batsman statistically since 2015 except Tamim)
4) Musfiqur Rahim ( The best player at 4)
5) Sakib Al Hasan
6) Mahmudullah Riyad ( He should not bat lower than 6 to maximize his potential)
7) TBD (To be determined based on BPL 2019, but not mosaddek as he has no power game and not the same player after his eye injury)
8) Mehedy Miraz ( this kid is still improving fast)
9) Mashrefe Mortaza (I wish him best of luck for his final Hurrah)Z
10) Rubel Hussain (For his extreme pace)
11) Mustafizur Rahman ( to fizzle out the opponents)

Thank you !
I will say it once and again, Liton should be number 7 IMO.