facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 24, 2005, 08:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Daily Star\'s roundtable on Cricket

This is old news in the sense that it took place a while back in January of this year. But I can't quite remember if we got hold of the transcript of the roundtable back then. Anyways, I came across the transcript while googling online. It contains some high quality discussion on the state of our cricket, and what our cricket admins (past and present) are planning/wishing for the future course of the game's development, and a more in depth look at what is holding back our game. It has also got some value for those wishing to learn more about the history and early development of our cricket, particularly that of Nirman tournament.

http://www.thedailystar.net/supplime...dtb/index.html

Old July 25, 2005, 06:45 AM
Banned

can someone tell me why there is no strong voice in the discussions for professional cricket in BD?
our domestic league is a semi professional and unless we can do something to make it professional, many of our talents will be lost in the bay of bengle.
cricket should be included in the school text book as one of the career path which should provide a financial security.
you don't produce world class players where kids play cricket as part time hobby and preparing for entry to medical university.
i know there is a little change in dhaka but dhaka doesn't represent whole bangladesh.
Old July 25, 2005, 12:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
cricket should be included in the school text book as one of the career path which should provide a financial security.
you don't produce world class players where kids play cricket as part time hobby and preparing for entry to medical university.
i
Do you really mean that? Do you want to give our young kids the false hope that cricket is a viable career option? Will you spell out the odds of playing even semi-professionally? Under far better odds the US schools do not do that for basketball and baseball!