facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 22, 2018, 11:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Rifat:

1. who do you look up to/your inspiration?

2. THe perfect girl asks you to shave, what will you do? and what is a perfect girl for you?

3. Name one food you can not live without

4. Favorite verse from the Quran/bible/any book.

5. Ideal vacation?

Old January 23, 2018, 02:06 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

my questions for Rifat

1. A very hot day, you go to the beach..how do you keep yourself from staring more than once?
2. Did you know Mohammad rafiq's last ODI was not for BD, he played for asia XI vs Africa XI. can you tell me how did one of our most prominent players didn't play his last odi for his country?
3. Which is the best vorta for you?
4. have you accidentally eat pork ever?
5. where is that automated fantasy script you promised?

ok I will ask a controversial question. I had a teacher in my university who is an atheist, a really good guy. he doesn't say anything about any religion, just is a nonbeliever. One day in class he said something that really caught my mind. we were having a discussion about 1971 in class and he said that the al bodor, al shames heads who partake or was directly responsible in the killings and rape will go to jannat someday after their punishment is over just because they are muslims and people like Raja Ramohon ray, ishorchondra bidha sagor etc who stood up to "Sotidaho protha" started "Bidhoba Bibaho" etc will never go to jannat as they are not muslim. what kind of justice is that?

whats your take on this?
Old January 23, 2018, 02:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
my questions for Rifat

1. A very hot day, you go to the beach..how do you keep yourself from staring more than once?
2. Did you know Mohammad rafiq's last ODI was not for BD, he played for asia XI vs Africa XI. can you tell me how did one of our most prominent players didn't play his last odi for his country?

ok I will ask a controversial question. I had a teacher in my university who is an atheist, a really good guy. he doesn't say anything about any religion, just is a nonbeliever. One day in class he said something that really caught my mind. we were having a discussion about 1971 in class and he said that the al bodor, al shames heads who partake or was directly responsible in the killings and rape will go to jannat someday after their punishment is over just because they are muslims and people like Raja Ramohon ray, ishorchondra bidha sagor etc who stood up to "Sotidaho protha" started "Bidhoba Bibaho" etc will never go to jannat as they are not muslim. what kind of justice is that?

whats your take on this?
Rifat DON'T answer that.

My client is asserting his fifth. We are done here Alfred.
Old January 23, 2018, 02:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Salam Brother Rifat..Here are my questions for you

1. What is your best memory as a BD fan?

2. How will BD do in 2019 WC?

3. If you were the president of USA for a day, what would be the first thing you would do?

4. What is your view of honor killing?

5. Homosexuality. A disease or something you are born with? Would it be okay if a scholar/Imam is gay?

Wa'alaikumus salaam warahmatullah,

1. For a very very long time, it was world cup 2007 wins over India and South Africa. and then Bangladesh beating NZ 1st ODI in 2008. and then Bangladesh beating Sri Lanka in a tri series match and then Bangladesh beating NZ 4-0 in 2010. and then Asia cup 2012 and then in 2015 Test match that 300+ Test partnership against Imrul Kayes and Tamim against Pakistan. sorry not a straight forward answer. It's hard to pick. Honorable mention: Robiul Islam ripping through Zimbabwe in Zimbabwe even though Bangladesh lost. that was a very special performance. the true and honest answer is that, it changes every couple of years :p. insha Allah I am planning to go to England in 2019 to watch them live. I pray to Allah consistently and every day that I am not disappointed . I want to take the whole team out to a fancy dinner insha Allah, someday. But they have to EARN that first hehehe.

2. Only Allah knows the future

3. LOADS of things! stop all Wars. especially the ones where U.S.A. is the aggressor/initiator. cease relationship with illegitimate state (and stop funding them and fund that money directly to U.S. residents such as Education/healthcare/taking care of veterans/a.k.a people who gave heart and soul to serve the U.S. but now treated like s***). probably get assassinated along the way but it's worth it . U.S.A. is behind a lot of nations such as China/India and many european countries in many many many regards especially quality of public education and healthcare and mass incarceration/treatment of some minority groups. my goal is to really Make America Great. Many people think Americans and dumb and stupid and fiscally irresponsible, I want to change that perception gradually.

4. I don't know what honor killing really is, honestly. My rule of thumb is If it ain't in Qur'an or Sunnah then why do Muslims invent such things and conflate culture with Islam? my biggest problem with the muslim world today they take bits and pieces of Islamic law without proper understanding and they apply it to situations where it doesn't fit. We see this happening in the Muslim world all the time and this is a big problem, no doubt. The Hudud(punishment) for fornication or stealing does not apply to many situations but in the name of Islam maybe someone committed murder...Allah will deal with them accordingly in the day of judgement No doubt! The only ones who carry out such punishments is the khalifa or the leader of the Muslims. This system has been abandoned since the fall of the Ottoman empire. they blamed Islam for their fall but in reality, if one were to study the rise and fall of Islamic Spain and Ottoman empire, they placed more value on things in this life rather than the hereafter. Allah gave the muslims everything ONLY because we practiced Islam as a society. there was a point where we controlled the world at will in pretty much every single aspect because But today, it's the other way around because of our priorities...

5. I personally think that your sexuality and your sexual orientation is a very personal and private matter. The society we live in hypes it up more than it needs to be and there are loads of social problems created as a result such as the body image problem for women. men treating women without respect, Infidelity in Marriage etc.. Every one has their struggles and shortcomings no doubt. an Imam (a true scholar/imam is someone who is very close to Allah subhana wa ta'la plus has the prerequisite understanding of Islam and Islamic wisdom), even if He/She were to struggle with this particular issue, someone who follows Islam would never advertise his/her sins publicly and I wouldn't be able to tell and I am not gonna go and knock on someone's door or it's none of my business what people do or don't do with their sexual lives or how many wives they have cause frankly that's between them and Allah and indeed Allah is the most conclusive of all judges. Many of the companions of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam were very very human contrary to the pedestal some people might put them to, we just don't hear about their stories as much. for example: there was a companion of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam who used to struggle with drinking alcohol. there was another young companion of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam who had the courage to ask him to allow fornication(again, a topic that goes back to the crux of this question) permissible for him. One of the amazing things I learned about studying the lives of the Sahabas is that anytime they would narrate a Hadith, if there was a blameworthy character in someone, they would NEVER mention by name. they would say "a man came to prophet(SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam). and Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam advised him Do not get angry" but if there was any praiseworthy character in someone that would definitely be highlighted. anyways, sorry for the long and boring answer.
Old January 23, 2018, 03:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Wa'alaikumus salaam warahmatullah,

1. For a very very long time, it was world cup 2007 wins over India and South Africa. and then Bangladesh beating NZ 1st ODI in 2008. and then Bangladesh beating Sri Lanka in a tri series match and then Bangladesh beating NZ 4-0 in 2010. and then Asia cup 2012 and then in 2015 Test match that 300+ Test partnership against Imrul Kayes and Tamim against Pakistan. sorry not a straight forward answer. It's hard to pick. Honorable mention: Robiul Islam ripping through Zimbabwe in Zimbabwe even though Bangladesh lost. that was a very special performance. the true and honest answer is that, it changes every couple of years :p. insha Allah I am planning to go to England in 2019 to watch them live. I pray to Allah consistently and every day that I am not disappointed . I want to take the whole team out to a fancy dinner insha Allah, someday. But they have to EARN that first hehehe.

2. Only Allah knows the future

3. LOADS of things! stop all Wars. especially the ones where U.S.A. is the aggressor/initiator. cease relationship with illegitimate state (and stop funding them and fund that money directly to U.S. residents such as Education/healthcare/taking care of veterans/a.k.a people who gave heart and soul to serve the U.S. but now treated like s***). probably get assassinated along the way but it's worth it . U.S.A. is behind a lot of nations such as China/India and many european countries in many many many regards especially quality of public education and healthcare and mass incarceration/treatment of some minority groups. my goal is to really Make America Great. Many people think Americans and dumb and stupid and fiscally irresponsible, I want to change that perception gradually.

4. I don't know what honor killing really is, honestly. My rule of thumb is If it ain't in Qur'an or Sunnah then why do Muslims invent such things and conflate culture with Islam? my biggest problem with the muslim world today they take bits and pieces of Islamic law without proper understanding and they apply it to situations where it doesn't fit. We see this happening in the Muslim world all the time and this is a big problem, no doubt. The Hudud(punishment) for fornication or stealing does not apply to many situations but in the name of Islam maybe someone committed murder...Allah will deal with them accordingly in the day of judgement No doubt! The only ones who carry out such punishments is the khalifa or the leader of the Muslims. This system has been abandoned since the fall of the Ottoman empire. they blamed Islam for their fall but in reality, if one were to study the rise and fall of Islamic Spain and Ottoman empire, they placed more value on things in this life rather than the hereafter. Allah gave the muslims everything ONLY because we practiced Islam as a society. there was a point where we controlled the world at will in pretty much every single aspect because But today, it's the other way around because of our priorities...

5. I personally think that your sexuality and your sexual orientation is a very personal and private matter. The society we live in hypes it up more than it needs to be and there are loads of social problems created as a result such as the body image problem for women. men treating women without respect, Infidelity in Marriage etc.. Every one has their struggles and shortcomings no doubt. an Imam (a true scholar/imam is someone who is very close to Allah subhana wa ta'la plus has the prerequisite understanding of Islam and Islamic wisdom), even if He/She were to struggle with this particular issue, someone who follows Islam would never advertise his/her sins publicly and I wouldn't be able to tell and I am not gonna go and knock on someone's door or it's none of my business what people do or don't do with their sexual lives or how many wives they have cause frankly that's between them and Allah and indeed Allah is the most conclusive of all judges. Many of the companions of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam were very very human contrary to the pedestal some people might put them to, we just don't hear about their stories as much. for example: there was a companion of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam who used to struggle with drinking alcohol. there was another young companion of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam who had the courage to ask him to allow fornication(again, a topic that goes back to the crux of this question) permissible for him. One of the amazing things I learned about studying the lives of the Sahabas is that anytime they would narrate a Hadith, if there was a blameworthy character in someone, they would NEVER mention by name. they would say "a man came to prophet(SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam). and Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam advised him Do not get angry" but if there was any praiseworthy character in someone that would definitely be highlighted. anyways, sorry for the long and boring answer.

I agree with the latter 100%
Old January 23, 2018, 03:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Hi Rifat,

I have following questions.

1. How do you cope up with fashion trends? Will you be open to try popular fashions for a change? Will you wear swimware while diving?

2. If you are offered to have a home anywhere in the world where would be your choice of preference?

3. What is your view on Bangladesh in general? BD has diverse education system including Madrasas. Any word of advise for BD young generation?

4. Zakir Nayek? Why or why not?

1. I create my own fashion trends for my friends and society to follow. . why do you think so many people have beards in USA nowadays take a look at the NBA and such.

2. Have not thought about it much. I am not a big fan of buying a home(you get tied to a place and I love to travel and live minimally and have that choice or option to make a drastic change in my life with as less of a repurcussion as possible, buying a home getting tied to a mortgage limits that option) even though I bought one for my parents, Alhamdulillah!

3. Bangladesh has it's own sets of unique challenges. Bangladesh should follow China's example with regards to population control. Bangladesh could greatly benefit from massive infrastructure overhaul or a more sophisticated transportation system that would greatly make lives of many very efficient. With that being said, I am the worst person to answer this question: I have not been to Bangladesh since 2004. The Bangladesh I grew up in was very peaceful, tranquil, serene and innocent. maybe times have changed maybe it hasn't. Advise i would give to anybody or even my younger self is to be true to yourself, never isolate yourself. About Madrasas. Madrasas are actually a lot harder as in difficult than secular education. on top of everything you learn in Secular School, you have to study a lot of Islamic stuff.

4. I used to listen to him a lot. Nowadays, I don't listen to many Islamic scholars. I just Listen to Qur'an and I find my answers there. listing to Qur'an calms my soul and helps me navigate through the trials and tribulations of Life.
Old January 23, 2018, 03:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Rifat:

1. who do you look up to/your inspiration?

2. THe perfect girl asks you to shave, what will you do? and what is a perfect girl for you?

3. Name one food you can not live without

4. Favorite verse from the Quran/bible/any book.

5. Ideal vacation?
1. Ever since i was a child, the more I read about Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam. the more I was impressed and fell in love. He was and always will be my #1 childhood hero. my teacher in Bangladesh who taught me mathematics and other subjects, I always admired his teaching abilities and just himself as a human being. my other Egyptian teacher who is my best friend and from whom I learnt a bulk of my Islam and Computer Science from while I was at UCONN(University of Connecticut).

2. the perfect girl would never allow me to become someone I am not. I would feel like an imposter if i pretended to be someone I am not. perfect girl for me is someone who is attracted to me as I am attracted to her. she has to be very well rounded in life and she has to have excellent manners and preferably someone who loves Allah and his messenger (SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) as much or if not more as i do. Someone who strives and thrives to become a better person than she was yesterday.

3. Biriyani or any variation of Rice+meat combo.

5. Any vacation where I am stress free, worry free, I am having the time of my life with loved ones close to me and I am enjoying the best of food. the last part is very important to me
Old January 23, 2018, 05:02 AM

where are my question answers? asami vaiga porse!
Old January 23, 2018, 05:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
my questions for Rifat

5. where is that automated fantasy script you promised?

whats your take on this?
1. Yes, I like staring at the ocean sometimes more than once

2. Always been a big fan of Mohammad Rafique. I think he probably had a couple more years left in him. for Spinners, age is not that big of a deal. big loss for Bangladesh cricket.

3. Alu Bhorta with Daal tastes amazing. sometimes I like Shutki Bhorta if it's spicy and has the right kick.

4. yes. when I was in 6th grade in Florida, I was new to USA and knew very very little. I knew very little about haraam and halal except for avoiding pork. i was standing in cafeteria line, i asked a few people is that pork. some dumb kid lied to me and told me it was chicken. as soon as i started eating he told me it was pork.

5. I started coding it. a lot of my friends requested me to make apps for them so I have juggling between many things. If you want i can share source code with you(Java) for the automated script.

about the controversial question: I or none of us for that matter is not in a position to make statements or claims about who makes it to Paradise and who doesn't. The one who created the heavens and the earth decides that. Indeed, Allah is the most conclusive of all Judges.
Old January 23, 2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:

5. I started coding it. a lot of my friends requested me to make apps for them so I have juggling between many things. If you want i can share source code with you(Java) for the automated script.

about the controversial question: I or none of us for that matter is not in a position to make statements or claims about who makes it to Paradise and who doesn't. The one who created the heavens and the earth decides that. Indeed, Allah is the most conclusive of all Judges.
bhai don't remind me the sleepless nights with java project I had..I want to go as far from java as I can go!

good answer for the controversial question
Old January 23, 2018, 05:54 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I am still working on my controversial questions to Rifat.
Old January 23, 2018, 07:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Some brilliant responses by Rifat!
Old January 23, 2018, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
bhai don't remind me the sleepless nights with java project I had..I want to go as far from java as I can go!

good answer for the controversial question
As a prospective software engineer, what are some electives do you think I should go for, to maximise my career opportunities.

I have a list, but am not sure which one to pick, can I pm you them some time soon. My careers advisor is a prick, so I have to sort to more unorthodox advice.
Old January 23, 2018, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

My questions

1. What degree did you pursue in university

2. How does one become so religious like you

3. What are views on Donald Trump proclaiming Jerusalem is the capital of Israel

4. Do you think NK will light the fuse with the USA
Old January 23, 2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
As a prospective software engineer, what are some electives do you think I should go for, to maximise my career opportunities.

I have a list, but am not sure which one to pick, can I pm you them some time soon.
I am not a software engineer, I am a Network engineer and I work in the cyber security field. sadly I cant help you in software engineering part. I just had java in two of my master units in Network engineering
Old January 23, 2018, 07:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

I have a list, but am not sure which one to pick, can I pm you them some time soon.
absolutely. very glad to help. What interests you the most. I would definitely take the following:

Data Structures and Algorithms(I can't imagine any Software Engineering curriculum without it)
Databases
some Machine Learning course
some Big Data Course
something related to Artificial Intelligence
Take courses which involve semester long projects like some type of Software Design course
or courses where you are teamed up and you are asked to make something big within a semester (takes over a couple of months to finish)

Don't stress out too much about grades. just learn as much as you can and practice coding/work on big projects/get an internship. I would recommend opening up a hackerrank account to keep on practicing. also take a look at Leetcode.

Discloser: Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin. I was recently contacted by Google. However, I failed the phone screen. not a big deal. they might contact me again next year. I just gotta keep at it...
Old January 23, 2018, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
absolutely. very glad to help. What interests you the most. I would definitely take the following:

Data Structures and Algorithms(I can't imagine any Software Engineering curriculum without it)
Databases
some Machine Learning course
some Big Data Course
something related to Artificial Intelligence
Take courses which involve semester long projects like some type of Software Design course
or courses where you are teamed up and you are asked to make something big within a semester (takes over a couple of months to finish)

Don't stress out too much about grades. just learn as much as you can and practice coding/work on big projects/get an internship. I would recommend opening up a hackerrank account to keep on practicing. also take a look at Leetcode.

Discloser: Alhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin. I was recently contacted by Google. However, I failed the phone screen. not a big deal. they might contact me again next year. I just gotta keep at it...
So your a fellow software engineer as well. How is the job market in the US. In Australia its not as booming. I am on my fourth year and it's surprising mathematics heavy, doing combinatronics and abstract algebra.

Some of the electives I have been offered

Thinging of doing mechatronics programming, IoT, robotics. I don't know what I should do for the last two, I want to do things I like plus I want to get a job in the field.
Old January 23, 2018, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Sometimes I feel that software engineering isn't really a proper engineering field, like mechanical or electrical.
Old January 23, 2018, 07:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
My questions

1. What degree did you pursue in university

2. How does one become so religious like you

3. What are views on Donald Trump proclaiming Jerusalem is the capital of Israel

4. Do you think NK will light the fuse with the USA
1. Alhamdulillah! Majored in Computer Engineering(a good mix of Electrical Engineering and Software Engineering). I also have a minor in Mathematics.

2. It all starts with a pure and sincere intention to please Allah. always go to masjid as much as you can. always keep in touch with the House of Allah. try your best to keep up with the five daily prayers. Make it a habit to read and study the Qur'an. make it a habit to read and learn about the wonderful character and biography of Prophet Mohammad(SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) and his companions. attend local masjid programs, keep righteous companions. In sha Allah things will fall into place.

3. The reality of the matter is, Trump or not Trump: It was bound to happen sooner or later. The plan is to wipe out Palestine from the face of the earth. Everything is destined and controlled by Allah. Nothing happens in this universe without his command. so just keep calm and let it be. at the end of the day, Allah's promise is true. If you studied all the minor and major signs of the day of judgement, I mean this is as close as it gets.

4. I don't really keep up too much with the media. I honestly think it's a lot of hype to start yet another war. USA is trying to start a war with Iran and they are trying very hard. Interesting times ahead for all the global citizens with many countries starting to denounce the US Dollar(Pakistan + China + Russia). Gaddafi from Libya was ousted for this same reason.(He wanted to use Gold as the central currency for Africa). As much as we denounce Trump, a lot of USA problems and racism and other crap existed long before trump came into office. Trump just has no filter expressing himself unlike other politicians.
Old January 23, 2018, 07:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
So your a fellow software engineer as well. How is the job market in the US. In Australia its not as booming. I am on my fourth year and it's surprising mathematics heavy, doing combinatronics and abstract algebra.

Thinging of doing mechatronics programming, IoT, robotics. I don't know what I should do for the last two, I want to do things I like plus I want to get a job in the field.
You must be crazy smart. I hate college and formal education but I have respect for people who show up for day to day daily grind.
Old January 23, 2018, 07:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

for now, As I assume you are very young: Explore. Learn as much about diverse different topics as much you can. The whole point of the college experience is to figure out who you really are and what you really want to do with your life and why. even if you took a few courses that didn't really work out or doesn't interest you. look on the bright side, You are narrowing down your choices. For you specifically, from the looks of the options you have, I would choose from the following:

1) Introduction to Data Engineering
2) Robotics
3) Professional Engineering practice preparation
4) Software development Studio 1
5) Sensors and Control for Mechatronic Systems

hope this helps.
Old January 23, 2018, 07:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
You must be crazy smart. I hate college and formal education but I have respect for people who show up for day to day daily grind.
Says the guy, who writes like PhD student
Old January 23, 2018, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
for now, As I assume you are very young: Explore. Learn as much about diverse different topics as much you can. The whole point of the college experience is to figure out who you really are and what you really want to do with your life and why. even if you took a few courses that didn't really work out or doesn't interest you. look on the bright side, You are narrowing down your choices. For you specifically, from the looks of the options you have, I would choose from the following:

1) Introduction to Data Engineering
2) Robotics
3) Professional Engineering practice preparation
4) Software development Studio 1
5) Sensors and Control for Mechatronic Systems

hope this helps.
24, I started uni late. So guess it shows.
Old January 23, 2018, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am not a software engineer, I am a Network engineer and I work in the cyber security field. sadly I cant help you in software engineering part. I just had java in two of my master units in Network engineering
Do you mind telling me what university you did your masters at, I am doing my degree @ UNSW.
Old January 23, 2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Do you mind telling me what university you did your masters at, I am doing my degree @ UNSW.
I did mine at Swinburne in melbourne