facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 28, 2013, 01:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
simon bhai,

1. france e bangali kemon ase? paris e ki lungi pora manush dekha jai?
2. prothom prem kemon chilo, keno tiklo nah?
3. baire ber hole, bodna na cellphone, konta beshi joruri?
4. virus er student apni. bolen dekhi amader rajib re ki virus dhorse? kono anti-virus dile hoy nah?
1. din e din e bangali'r shongkha berey cholche, so no idea, nah ekhane keo lungi pore ber hoy na, this is not New York u know
2. prothom prem er kotha yaad achey magar keno tikenai yaad nai, yaad thakar kono shombhabona o nai
3.ashole bodna ajkaal use kora hoy na, tishu diya chalaya dei , cellphone joruri, GPS diya toilet track kora jay
4.rajib ke dhorsey NanaVi-lloma Viridae , ekmatro tabij e kaaj hoy, tabij ta England e ek bideshi pir er kachey pawa jay.

oidike Magicien bhai dekhi amake jabojjibon karagar e dhukailo

Old October 28, 2013, 03:26 PM

Simon, how is life? Salty or sultry?

How do you spend your leisure time except BC?

Do you have any interests in politics? Do you see any long-term solution of our political crisis?

Do you see if we are ready to vote for the candidate rather the party?

I know you are a student, what subject you are studying? Any interests in higher education?

Being a Bikrompuira, I know you are fond of pitha, aren't you? এই শীতে কি কি পিঠা খাওয়ার আয়োজন হচ্ছে? দাওয়াত পাব কি?
Old October 30, 2013, 01:28 AM
MLC World Series I

Who is the next member?
Old October 30, 2013, 01:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

My vote goes to The Asif Man Rahman
Old October 30, 2013, 04:26 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Maysun is up next

Maysun is a very knowledgeable and friendly member of BC with great taste in music and undying passion for BD cricket. He is a regular stadium goer and contributor to Cricinfo (during commentry as well as fan following). So this is a chance to learn more about him through the Kathgora. :-)
Old October 30, 2013, 05:52 AM
MLC World Series I

Uh oh.. I thought we were going with the masses' request!
Old October 30, 2013, 12:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Default sorry for late reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Simon, how is life? Salty or sultry?

How do you spend your leisure time except BC?

Do you have any interests in politics? Do you see any long-term solution of our political crisis?

Do you see if we are ready to vote for the candidate rather the party?

I know you are a student, what subject you are studying? Any interests in higher education?

Being a Bikrompuira, I know you are fond of pitha, aren't you? এই শীতে কি কি পিঠা খাওয়ার আয়োজন হচ্ছে? দাওয়াত পাব কি?
-Life is salty
-I love mubhiz, I listen to the music,I like doing grocery ,
-not interested i politricks , as long as the two ladies are alive their is no solution
-I can't see , candidate o puran, party o puran , so can't say now.
-I'm doing masters and my main subjects are microbiology, immunology & parasitology.
-yes, I like pitha, there is this famous bikrompuira pitha called bibikhana pitha, although it won't be one of my top five.
kisher dawat? frozen bhapa pitha micro oven e gorom koira khai
Old October 30, 2013, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

maysun bhai
1. who is your favorite cricketer
2. if u have a son do u want him to be a cricketer playing for bd national team or a basketball player playing for nba or a soccer player playing for some engslish club or u rather have a daughter
3. who inspires you?
4. do you wanna be rich or happy?
5. are you rich or happy or both or neither.
Old October 31, 2013, 12:02 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Maysun

1.Cricinfo te comment publish hole besi valo lage naki BC te manus post pochondo korle besi valo lage?

2.Which one is louder BD crowd or Indian(taking the number of people into context)

3.One Rule you would change in cricket and add if you had the chance

4.Symphony Xplorer W150 or Micromax Canvas 4?(i am buying one of this phones )
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh

Last edited by Night_wolf; October 31, 2013 at 01:12 AM..
Old October 31, 2013, 01:50 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
maysun bhai
1. who is your favorite cricketer
2. if u have a son do u want him to be a cricketer playing for bd national team or a basketball player playing for nba or a soccer player playing for some engslish club or u rather have a daughter
3. who inspires you?
4. do you wanna be rich or happy?
5. are you rich or happy or both or neither.
1. My favorite cricketer changes from time to time, and season to season. From Shakib to Kevin Pietersen to Kumar Sangakkara to AB. However there is one guy who IMHO is perhaps, what a cricketer should embody - Rahul Dravid. He has all the traits of a good cricketer and a good human being. One of a kind!

2. I'll be happy with either, son or a daughter! It'd be totally up to them, what path they want to pursue for their professional career. I would have no objection. I can't force someone if their mind and heart is not into it. But since you asked, I think I'd like him to play for either any of the EPL clubs or Championship(2nd Division) clubs. With the future and the direction of cricket uncertain, I wouldn't know how it would shape up for the upcoming guys. And since I don't follow the NBA, I am not considering the option.

3. This was a really tough question and it really got me thinking. I honestly can't point to one person per se! I tend to get inspired from so many people and stories. Just pick the bits and pieces of a person or a thing, that I really like.. It may be some philosophical quote, or a picture, or some of the tech-gurus or some random people.

4. Happy, hands down.

5. Right now, I am neither rich nor happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Maysun

1.Cricinfo te comment publish hole besi valo lage naki BC te manus post pochondo korle besi valo lage?

2.Which one is louder BD crowd or Indian(taking into number of people into context)

3.One Rule you would change in cricket if you had the chance

4.Symphony Xplorer W150 or Micromax Canvas 4?(i am buying one of this phones )
1. Haha bhai, this is a trick question! A year or two ago, I would have said Cricinfo. But now since I got many of my comments posted on Cricinfo, the zing and excitement is not there anymore. I don't even try these days! Only if I have got something to say, I try once in a bluemoon. So right now, the latter!

And plus, most of my comments were around Ashraful/Shakib/Tamim, since the first two aren't really playing; I have nothing much to say! I have been noticing off late, comments regarding Dhaka's weather I make, gets posted!

2. Hmm, if you take one Bangladeshi and an Indian, the Bangladeshi would win I guess.. But stadium atmosphere is definitely better in India. I especially love the RCB crowd! The franchise spent quite some money to create a good stadium ambience.

But I think every cricket and Sachin fan, should witness Indians' love for Sachin. It is quite an experience. They cheer for him, no matter which team he plays for!

3. Reduce the number of overs in ODI to 40.

4. Hmm, you are getting more with Micromax than Symphony. If it costs the same, I'd go with Micromax.

But there is one thing that I would look into first hand, The Resolution!! Micromax has 5" display whereas Symphony has 4.7", but both of them have a 1280x720 resolution. There is a possibility that Micromax's screen may not look too appealing, because it may get pixelated too much! That would definitely bother me..

Last edited by Maysun; November 1, 2013 at 02:16 AM..
Old October 31, 2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun
4. Hmm, you are getting more with Micromax than Symphony. If it costs the same, I'd go with Micromax.

But there is one thing that I would look into first hand, The Resolution!! Micromax has 5" display whereas Symphony has 4.7", but both of them have a 1280x720 resolution. There is a possibility that Micromax's screen may not look too appealing, because it may get pixelated too much! That would definitely bother me..
actually simphony one is 6000tk less then micromax
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh
Old November 1, 2013, 12:28 AM

^^^aishob ki phone bhais? naam e toh shuni nai!

My questions to Maysun:
i) How do you rate our chances for WC 2015?
ii) Dream Theater new album, any favorite tracks?
iii) Favorite Spy Thriller (could be a book or a movie)
iv) What do you do when you are angry...go quiet or scream and shout?
v) Should we give Al Amin and Zia a chance in the last ODI?
Old November 1, 2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
^^^aishob ki phone bhais? naam e toh shuni nai!

goriber ishmat pun!
Old November 1, 2013, 01:55 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
My questions to Maysun:
i) How do you rate our chances for WC 2015?
ii) Dream Theater new album, any favorite tracks?
iii) Favorite Spy Thriller (could be a book or a movie)
iv) What do you do when you are angry...go quiet or scream and shout?
v) Should we give Al Amin and Zia a chance in the last ODI?
i) I haven't thought that far ahead. But I have big expectations from our guys in the next T20 WC though.

Coming back to your question, I think we have got a few players that we need to stick for the next WC - Mominul, Nasir, Gazi, Anamul etc.. All of them have the potential to be starters. So we need them and our pacers Rubel, Shafiul, Zia( on calling him a pacer) to play as many matches as possible in different conditions. Otherwise, it'll be quite an embarrassment. I would have personally liked if they started preparing from this year, as we didn't have many tours. But knowing BCB and since they can't multi-task, we won't prepare seriously until late 2014.

ii) I haven't given Dream Theater a listen, in a long long time except for the occasional "Honor Thy Father". That song is just amazing and EPIC! But the critics were praising the new record so much so that, I did play a few tracks here and there. And since this was their first material post Mike Portnoy( on a legend, joining a band like A7X! What on earth was he thinking? ), I was curious as well.. I think I like "The Enemy Inside".

iii) Man, I have to admit - I watch a lot of movies but this is one sub-genre that I haven't really paid attention to other than the mainstream movies, the Bond and Bourne series. I am yet to watch classics like Manchurian Candidate, North by Northwest, Army of Shadows etc. But I have The Lives Of Others on my laptop, and I intend to watch it soon. Answering your question, I think I like Bourne Ultimatum and Munich! Argo was fun as well because I like Ben Affleck.

iv) When I am alone, I swear my lungs out.Then I realize there is no point and just keep quiet! When I am in company, I just keep quiet and look away.

v) I would like to give Zia a chance since he is actually quite effective with his medium pacers and I think he has a shot in the upcoming major tournaments (for his bowling).
Old November 1, 2013, 02:18 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
actually simphony one is 6000tk less then micromax
I would go with Symphony!
Old November 2, 2013, 08:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Hi Maysun,

- wassup Maysun ? :p
-what is the meaning of your name ?
-I thought I read that u are weak in Bangla, why is that so?
-what is your favorite BD band ?
-CRicket or football ?
-Banglacricket or Phorget cricket ?
-predict the number of posts you will have in BC after 2 years from now.

thanks
Old November 2, 2013, 12:32 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Hi Maysun,

- wassup Maysun ? :p
-what is the meaning of your name ?
-I thought I read that u are weak in Bangla, why is that so?
-what is your favorite BD band ?
-CRicket or football ?
-Banglacricket or Phorget cricket ?
-predict the number of posts you will have in BC after 2 years from now.

thanks
Hello Simon-da

1. I just had some good beef, mutton and prawn at a dinner dawat! Turns out, it was a good dinner..
2. Maysun is an Arabic name. It's an unisex name, the ratio is usually 95:5 to women and it means, "Of beautiful face and body".
3. I was born in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. After I graduated from Kindergarten(home school'd by a private tutor), the Bangladesh school - English medium was going through a horrible phase due to political interference. School used to be closed for weeks and sometimes, stretched to a month. (In Parent-Teacher meeting, it was never about the student. Mostly, it was a platform to come and support your political allegiance at school! Sometimes, it used to get aggressive! ) My parents admitted me to a Pakistani school at first, and then a few months later; an Indian school. Hence, whatever Bangla I know; is all self-taught! কিন্তু, আমার বাংলা ভালো হচ্ছে..
4. Artcell and now, Orator
5. Football
6. Forget Cricket *runs and hides*. I like the chat though, when it comes to discussing about Bangladesh cricket as it is in Real-Time! We should utilize this feature more. Such a shame that, we hardly use it...
7. I think around 9000?

Last edited by Maysun; November 2, 2013 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: Missed Q4.
Old November 10, 2013, 09:55 PM

time to let Maysun go free. Not sure if people are already bored with this. If you aren't then name suggestions are welcome
Old November 10, 2013, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Default suggestion

asif
nasif
a female
Old November 10, 2013, 10:39 PM

AsifthemanRahman

Jadukor

MoC
Old November 10, 2013, 11:46 PM

Don't think Asif is at all interested to answer any questions though. Nasif bhai is an option but i doubt he would check this thread regularly. Mohammad C and Kalpurush bhai both are good options.

I will wait to see if there are other suggestions
Old November 11, 2013, 07:24 PM
Cricket Legend

jadukor u are like a girl...too complicated..... sometimes u have to let things happen, stop thinking too much....
Old November 11, 2013, 07:28 PM
Cricket Legend

my 5 questions to Nasif bhai:

1. what is your salary? last i heard it was in the vicinity of 300k annually
2. what is the best gift anyone has ever given you
3. what are you most proud of in your life
4. are you going to brazil next year
5. are you happy? why?
Old November 11, 2013, 11:29 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
my 5 questions to Nasif bhai:

1. what is your salary? last i heard it was in the vicinity of 300k annually
2. what is the best gift anyone has ever given you
3. what are you most proud of in your life
4. are you going to brazil next year
5. are you happy? why?
1. Yea, that just sounds about right!

2. Changes with time, most of them came from wife. I guess best one would be that she accepted to be my wife in the first place
Mom gave me an RC car on my 7 year birthday which I wished for looong time. RC cars were craze at that time (its around early/mid 80s) and this one was Knight Rider's Kit. It was a true RC, not wired ones. I guess, that is still one of the best memories.

3. Family and kid. They are just a blessing.

4. Was thinking about it at some point; but scrapped it. Doha may be?

5. Yes, because I am at peace. Happiness, I guess is a state of mind, no need to run after it; it comes to you with peace and tranquility. God has blessed me tremendously, and I am at His awe and eternal state of thankfulness.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old November 11, 2013, 11:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Nasif da! Nasif da....what are pro's and con's of being a lurker? plz answer me this...

Also, what do you think of Dhaka Comic-Con in general?