facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #476  
Old January 18, 2018, 12:04 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
You were already in kathgora once..you want to go again?
LOL No... I was just messsin around man.
__________________
God
Reply With Quote

  #477  
Old January 18, 2018, 03:04 AM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
My questions for Yankees:

1. What's your philosophy on life?

2. Are you a renaissance man?

3. At any time during you life have you thought that you wanted to be a lawyer?

4. Chinese or something else (Halal cart?)

5. Recommend a nice BD restaurant for me in New York. I would like to go try some food sometime in the next week

6. Jupiter or Saturn?

Thanks
1. What's your philosophy on life?
Live and let live.

2. Are you a renaissance man?
I don't think so.

3. At any time during you life have you thought that you wanted to be a lawyer?
Yes, in college. But only because of the money. Then I did my research and decided no amount of money is worth the boring day-to-day. Are you considering it?

4. Chinese or something else (Halal cart?)
Hard to choose man. I love to eat. Prob Chinese.

5. Recommend a nice BD restaurant for me in New York. I would like to go try some food sometime in the next week
Any of the ones in Jackson Heights - Premium Sweets, Haat Bazaar, etc. I don't really eat in Bengali restaurants, I prefer to eat other cuisines when eating out. Best way to enjoy bengali food is to go to a bengali home.

6. Jupiter or Saturn?
Saturn has rings. bling bling.
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old January 18, 2018, 10:11 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
You were already in kathgora once..you want to go again?
this made me look back and wow I was in it too.. I don't remember at all exccept maybe one question from all that but didn't know in what context.

I just read back my posts, I was one funny kid. Don't know what happened to me.. Life happened i guess.

even then 2013 my responses were solid!

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...&postcount=130

jadukor asked what would i do with million dollars.. i responded immediate put all in the stock market!! WOW! what a great answer. that portfolio would probably be 3 to 5 million now

And I totally forgot Jadukor has bigger tv than I do. I can't accept that.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old January 18, 2018, 10:07 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,184

For some valid reason,

http://www.prothomalo.com/durporobas...–দুই

It feels like this Imdad Babu of NY is our iDumb.
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old January 20, 2018, 01:13 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,852

^^Wow what a horrible bou
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #481  
Old January 20, 2018, 02:42 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,368

Has Rifat been on stand?
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old January 21, 2018, 08:15 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Has Rifat been on stand?
if he wasn't I nominate Rifat for this week. smart guy.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old January 21, 2018, 09:13 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,852

Naah rifat hoi nai. I would have remembered the 500 alhamdulillahs in the response lol
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old January 21, 2018, 11:24 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 28,637

I agree. Let's bring Rifat in for questioning
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old January 21, 2018, 02:08 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Naah rifat hoi nai. I would have remembered the 500 alhamdulillahs in the response lol
lol now thats funny alhamdulillah
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old January 21, 2018, 06:27 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,435

sings *ride with da mob Alhamdulillah *
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old January 21, 2018, 06:43 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
sings *ride with da mob Alhamdulillah *
My anthem on Tinder.
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old January 22, 2018, 12:26 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 28,637

Is Yankees' week of questioning over?
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old January 22, 2018, 01:05 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,119

I nominate Rifat also. I'll keep yankees for couple more hours, if there aren't anymore new questions I'll put rifat in kathgora
__________________
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old January 22, 2018, 01:18 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,368

Rifat you are being served dawg. (He actually has a tattoo in Old English script on his back that says: "Only Allah can judge me.") :p
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old January 22, 2018, 01:18 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,119

here are the guys that have been on kathgora so far

1st phase
week 1 - Zunaid
week 2 - Night_wolf
week 3 - Zeeshan
week 4 - idumb
week 5 - Naimul_Hd
week 6 - Roman
week 7 - mufi_02
week 8 - Simon
week 9 - Nasif
week 10 - Maysun
week 11 - Kalpurush

2nd Phase

week 12 - Aklamalp
week 13 - Jadukor
week 14 - Yankees
week 15 - Rifat
__________________
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old January 22, 2018, 11:29 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,368

^^Somehow missed Nasif's part I think.

Here you go Rifat:

1. Year 2020. America has erupted into world arena of cricket. America is playing Bangladesh. Who do YOU support?

2. Year 2020. Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America has just declared war on Bangladesh. What do YOU do? Who do YOU support?

3. I know you are pretty religious. So according to you or anyone you follow what would you say is the most IMPORTANT virtue and value? For me it has always been compassion. How about you bro? Patience? Wisdom? Intelligence? Kindness? Charity? Truth? Worshipping God?

4. Amla or Swordworthy Shuvo?

5. What message do you have for mankind? (MUST start with the phrase: O Humans!)
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old January 22, 2018, 07:33 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
^^Somehow missed Nasif's part I think.

Here you go Rifat:

1. Year 2020. America has erupted into world arena of cricket. America is playing Bangladesh. Who do YOU support?

2. Year 2020. Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America has just declared war on Bangladesh. What do YOU do? Who do YOU support?

3. I know you are pretty religious. So according to you or anyone you follow what would you say is the most IMPORTANT virtue and value? For me it has always been compassion. How about you bro? Patience? Wisdom? Intelligence? Kindness? Charity? Truth? Worshipping God?

4. Amla or Swordworthy Shuvo?

5. What message do you have for mankind? (MUST start with the phrase: O Humans!)
1. Probably U.S.A. as long as I am playing

2. hide in Kalpurush Bhai's basement or go to Medina and chill out there for a while.

3. Justice, being Just in all aspects of life. This is a very difficult art to master as it requires immense wisdom and help from God. not every one has it.

4. Amla

5. There is one quality I wish every single human being would have: Empathy. One of the greatest trait of our beloved messenger (SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) was that he was able to relate to just about anybody even though he may not necessarily have experienced it. Always make an effort and attempt to to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Without Empathy, there would be no world peace. sometimes in life we are very quick to criticize others without really understanding what they have been through or where they are coming from.
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old January 22, 2018, 07:34 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Rifat you are being served dawg. (He actually has a tattoo in Old English script on his back that says: "Only Allah can judge me.") :p
Alhamdulillah! I am not really into tattoos. Allah and his messenger SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam have explicitly prohibited their use.
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old January 22, 2018, 07:36 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is online now
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,435

This might be quite a boring week. Most of you know a great deal about me, how I think etc etc...since I have been here almost 10 years subhanAllah!
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old January 22, 2018, 10:13 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 13,951

Salam Brother Rifat..Here are my questions for you

1. What is your best memory as a BD fan?

2. How will BD do in 2019 WC?

3. If you were the president of USA for a day, what would be the first thing you would do?

4. What is your view of honor killing?

5. Homosexuality. A disease or something you are born with? Would it be okay if a scholar/Imam is gay?
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old January 22, 2018, 10:18 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 13,951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

5. There is one quality I wish every single human being would have: Empathy. One of the greatest trait of our beloved messenger (SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) was that he was able to relate to just about anybody even though he may not necessarily have experienced it. Always make an effort and attempt to to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Without Empathy, there would be no world peace. sometimes in life we are very quick to criticize others without really understanding what they have been through or where they are coming from.
You forgot to start with Oh Humans
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old January 22, 2018, 11:11 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,184

Hi Rifat,

I have following questions.

1. How do you cope up with fashion trends? Will you be open to try popular fashions for a change? Will you wear swimware while diving?

2. If you are offered to have a home anywhere in the world where would be your choice of preference?

3. What is your view on Bangladesh in general? BD has diverse education system including Madrasas. Any word of advise for BD young generation?

4. Zakir Nayek? Why or why not?
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old January 22, 2018, 11:22 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
1. Probably U.S.A. as long as I am playing

2. hide in Kalpurush Bhai's basement or go to Medina and chill out there for a while.

3. Justice, being Just in all aspects of life. This is a very difficult art to master as it requires immense wisdom and help from God. not every one has it.

4. Amla

5. There is one quality I wish every single human being would have: Empathy. One of the greatest trait of our beloved messenger (SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) was that he was able to relate to just about anybody even though he may not necessarily have experienced it. Always make an effort and attempt to to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Without Empathy, there would be no world peace. sometimes in life we are very quick to criticize others without really understanding what they have been through or where they are coming from.
Thank you Rifat for your response. I have a much better understanding and respect where you come from now. As in your thoughts and beliefs.

#1 took me by a surprise a little. Then again, it's not my call to judge. But yeah dude...lol I'd support Bangladesh even if Mars colliding with Jupiter I was even the President. Then again should US play they better be really really really good. Kinda like that black dude who got like a T20 hundred. Of course US can produce beasts at will should SHTF. Sort of Tom Bradys of cricket.
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old January 22, 2018, 11:24 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 34,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
5. Homosexuality. A disease or something you are born with? Would it be okay if a scholar/Imam is gay?
I am sorry but that made me chuckle....lol.
__________________
God
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket