facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old June 13, 2019, 05:10 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 13,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
lol... This is the third time you have asked this exact question in the last 6 years. FWIW, I will also be rooting for the rain.
You just caught the OP at point! Lol
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old June 13, 2019, 05:58 PM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 4,321

india is my second fav team so india
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old June 13, 2019, 09:56 PM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 27,079

Rain
I will support rain
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old June 13, 2019, 11:20 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Did Pak ever beat Ind in a WC match? How can you drop 5 catches on Tendulkar alone out of all people?
M - A - T - C - H F - I - X - I - N - G
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old June 13, 2019, 11:22 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

I hope rain is the winner.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old June 14, 2019, 07:26 AM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 6,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
india is my second fav team so india
I feel like I should report this post.
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old June 14, 2019, 07:47 AM
Vixen's Avatar
Vixen Vixen is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 3, 2017
Posts: 1,532

I support Rain. thanks to ICC.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old June 14, 2019, 11:41 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,964

No disrespect to the OP if he had asked the question with honest intention.

I do not speak for all Bangladeshis of course. My opinion may be in the minority but it is prevalent among my friends and family. Here is my 2 cent --

Indians and Pakistanis are extremely obsessed with each other. From politics, military, entertainment, and social spheres. Sometimes the two countries only seem to exist for each other. So they tend to think this relationship extends to neighboring countries such as Bangladesh. That we also have similar stake and care as much. Truth is we care very little.

But I as a Bangladeshi care very little about either of the countries. I care about them just like any other neighbor. I care about SL and Nepal similarly. I despise the competition in every single metric that Ind and Pak have for each other. The relationship is so toxic that that they gloat at each other's misery. I hope and strive that the lives of average Bangladeshi is improved. Bangladesh is my one and only priority. What happens in India India/Pak is quite irrelevant. I wish them well on a humane level. Just like I wish well to any other random country whether be Uganda or Norway.

On the cricketing aspect, the duel is just not fun anymore. Modern day Ind Pak contest is a mere shadow of good cricketing contest of 80s-90s or even early 2000s. As a neutral, I enjoy good players and contest. I am more excited about Indian seamers against Gayle and Russel rather than Hafeez and Sarfaraz. It is no where near the likes of Wasim Akram / Shoaib Akhtar bowling against Sachin or Dravid. I am slightly excited about Amir (who is in great form now) vs Kohli though. But that's only cricketing merit and not coz it is India and Pak.

Finally, my aspiration is only about how BD can make it to the semis. I won't support either of the team but I hope we get the outcome that favors my team.

I wouldn't mind if it is washed out. Because the unnecessary hype about this match is very short sighted. One of the major reason we are having 10 teams WC and 9 games each is to have Ind and Pak face each other off. A group system may not have ensured a Ind Pak match. It was so obvious that they even scheduled the game on Sunday.

That is all done at the expense of spreading the game worldwide.

---

This is just my opinion.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old June 14, 2019, 11:45 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 9,730

An Indian win favours us more than a Pak win I think..... if it doesn't win
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old June 14, 2019, 12:35 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,182

Better wash outs all the dirty laundry
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old June 14, 2019, 03:44 PM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 6,871

The rain.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old June 15, 2019, 02:58 AM
SH Anik SH Anik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 7, 2017
Location: Dhaka (from Sylhet)
Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar
Posts: 232

OP,

As i see you have questioned this several time before, i request you to stop wasting your time in search of the answer in BC. BC is the least representative of Bangladeshi common people.

Rather, I request you to ask this question in facebook platforms such as group, comment box etc. I would suggest you to do this in common bangladeshi neutral pages or groups. Just ask the question who would bangladesh support between Pakistaan and India? And the answer should easily be...PAKISTAN in majority. I am 100% sure.

I would say 40% Bangladeshis doesnt care and even the other 60% doesnt care as passionately like in the 90s about Ind-Pak clash. But still there is a sense of closerness and brotherhood to Pakistan which remains deeply rooted in our mindset. I would say among those who cares, overwhelming majority are Pro Pakistan(60%+). Its even more skewed(80%) towards Pakistan if you only consider the culturally dominant and mainstream group, Bengali Muslims.

Now about me, i will support Pakistan in the match between India and Pakistan on 16th june

Peace
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old June 15, 2019, 03:55 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
OP,

As i see you have questioned this several time before, i request you to stop wasting your time in search of the answer in BC. BC is the least representative of Bangladeshi common people.

Rather, I request you to ask this question in facebook platforms such as group, comment box etc. I would suggest you to do this in common bangladeshi neutral pages or groups. Just ask the question who would bangladesh support between Pakistaan and India? And the answer should easily be...PAKISTAN in majority. I am 100% sure.

I would say 40% Bangladeshis doesnt care and even the other 60% doesnt care as passionately like in the 90s about Ind-Pak clash. But still there is a sense of closerness and brotherhood to Pakistan which remains deeply rooted in our mindset. I would say among those who cares, overwhelming majority are Pro Pakistan(60%+). Its even more skewed(80%) towards Pakistan if you only consider the culturally dominant and mainstream group, Bengali Muslims.

Now about me, i will support Pakistan in the match between India and Pakistan on 16th june

Peace
Cool buddy.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old June 15, 2019, 04:06 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 13,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
OP,

As i see you have questioned this several time before, i request you to stop wasting your time in search of the answer in BC. BC is the least representative of Bangladeshi common people.

Rather, I request you to ask this question in facebook platforms such as group, comment box etc. I would suggest you to do this in common bangladeshi neutral pages or groups. Just ask the question who would bangladesh support between Pakistaan and India? And the answer should easily be...PAKISTAN in majority. I am 100% sure.

I would say 40% Bangladeshis doesnt care and even the other 60% doesnt care as passionately like in the 90s about Ind-Pak clash. But still there is a sense of closerness and brotherhood to Pakistan which remains deeply rooted in our mindset. I would say among those who cares, overwhelming majority are Pro Pakistan(60%+). Its even more skewed(80%) towards Pakistan if you only consider the culturally dominant and mainstream group, Bengali Muslims.

Now about me, i will support Pakistan in the match between India and Pakistan on 16th june

Peace
Pakistanis are expected to support their own country. Although we know of the players dont always support their country.

And its quite disappointing and ridiculous you dissing this forum and website saying we don’t represent Bangladesh. I hope for that you are banned until the end of the World Cup.

We all know what happens to Rajakars and Pakistani sympathisers
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old June 15, 2019, 04:29 AM
SH Anik SH Anik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 7, 2017
Location: Dhaka (from Sylhet)
Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar
Posts: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Pakistanis are expected to support their own country. Although we know of the players dont always support their country.

And its quite disappointing and ridiculous you dissing this forum and website saying we don’t represent Bangladesh. I hope for that you are banned until the end of the World Cup.

We all know what happens to Rajakars and Pakistani sympathisers
I just wrote BC doesnt represent the common bangladeshi people beacuse forum idea is not so popular in Bangladesh. So less people and less veried too. At least compared to larger, popular and more accessible social platforms like Facebook or to a less extent Twitter.
I didnt dish BC. I apologise if anyone think like that and those thinkings are wrong..
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old June 15, 2019, 04:35 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 13,889

Its like going to someones house for dinner and telling other guests that the food in the house doesnt represent a particular cuisine and one can get much better food at restaurants
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old June 15, 2019, 05:21 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 25,287

I don't like Pakistan team and I am jealous of Bharot like almost every BD fan, so I don't know.
Dislike vs jealousy, it's a tough one.
__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old June 15, 2019, 05:23 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I don't like Pakistan team and I am jealous of Bharot like almost every BD fan, so I don't know.
Dislike vs jealousy, it's a tough one.
I want india to win as that helps us..then again I want this match to wash out so that I can laugh at ICC..so i am also torn between my team's interest vs mine
__________________
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old June 15, 2019, 05:33 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Al-Amin
Posts: 1,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Aise amar bra fan
Bhai kun brand er bra ? Ultimo ? La senza ?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old June 15, 2019, 05:41 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Bhai kun brand er bra ? Ultimo ? La senza ?
Apni ki ultimo poren naki la senza?
__________________
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old June 15, 2019, 05:42 AM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,958

Rain will be fine.
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old June 15, 2019, 07:53 AM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,859

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
OP,

As i see you have questioned this several time before, i request you to stop wasting your time in search of the answer in BC. BC is the least representative of Bangladeshi common people.

Rather, I request you to ask this question in facebook platforms such as group, comment box etc. I would suggest you to do this in common bangladeshi neutral pages or groups. Just ask the question who would bangladesh support between Pakistaan and India? And the answer should easily be...PAKISTAN in majority. I am 100% sure.

I would say 40% Bangladeshis doesnt care and even the other 60% doesnt care as passionately like in the 90s about Ind-Pak clash. But still there is a sense of closerness and brotherhood to Pakistan which remains deeply rooted in our mindset. I would say among those who cares, overwhelming majority are Pro Pakistan(60%+). Its even more skewed(80%) towards Pakistan if you only consider the culturally dominant and mainstream group, Bengali Muslims.

Now about me, i will support Pakistan in the match between India and Pakistan on 16th june

Peace
You are such a flipping joke, mate. Your kind should legitimately be eradicated.
__________________
A friend in need is a friend indeed; a friend with weed is better.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old June 15, 2019, 11:52 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 13,889

Anyone remember that ABC sign near Gausia market?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old June 15, 2019, 01:32 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,905

India of course. It's a no brainer.

But in all honestly, Ind team has never been stronger, while the Pak team has never been weaker. So, this rivalry is losing its fizz really fast!

Bangladesh vs India is the new el classico. Close match guaranteed every time!
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old June 15, 2019, 01:35 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,182

I don’t really feel any urge for supporting anyone.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket