facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Masrafe be sacked?
Yes, immediately with full effect 4 26.67%
No, we don't want to strong signal in the middle of World Cup 2 13.33%
No, stop opening useless threads 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 16, 2019, 08:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Default Sack Mashrafe!

INspired by Nafi's post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Ah I see so basically we should lose world cup, so mash can retire with dignity.

**** off, someone give me a hammer so I can break mashs kneecaps once and and for all

Now that you have eased off the red arrows, I want to say I was never fond of Mash but the way he way he dealt with Mushfiqur incident with maturity has won me over. It is sign of true leadership. Unlike Tamim who was doing gali-galaj (*NOT to confuse with golondaj (which further not to confuse with olondaj* (which further not to confuse with Hollaindaise,* (which further* not to confuse with Father's Day))).

My only concern is when? No doubt Mash will retire or maybe if our management had spine sack him after World Cup. But better question is do we have the b***s to sack in the the middle of tournament? If not drop him? FWIW I also applaud CSA not taking back ABD despite how big of a star he is.

Yes, he is a hero and all that. But at the end of the day you have to make an impartial, non-personal, unequivoval decision to let go of a member, who is not only far from being the pinnacle of leadership, but rather, the weakest link.

Or else companies like Apple wouldn't fire Steve Jobs.

It is for the best of the team. Be it Shakib, Tamim, Ash.. we can easily send a message of shudder to the rest of the world by firing Mash, that we ain't fffin witchyal.
Mash again and again brings himself back and leaks runs when he should be attacking with strike bowlers
  • He should've stepped down BEFORE world cup and not let his spirit (and ego) get in the way to lead the team
  • He is incredibly unfit with paunchy belly and glassknee

On the flip side, we have no real captain. Shakib is wily, which Tamim lacks. Mushy meanwhile may take over, but internet will blow up. My choice would be Riyad, but that dude is like too calm- calmer than an amphibious psychopath next door who seems to always do his laundry and take out the trash.

Remember it is nothing personal. On the best interest of the team.

tl;dr: Yes, he is passionate and spirited. But he is letting that get in the way of our team - hate to use the word 'ego- as he is brittle as a crisp autumn leaf as if Lot's wife himself has been turned into a pillar of salt.

Old June 16, 2019, 09:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Mashrafe Mortaza makes sure everyone knows he is fit BCB
Old June 16, 2019, 10:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Suddenly the OP looks like a moron.
Old June 17, 2019, 01:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I don't think sacking him in the middle of the tournament will be great for team morale. Ideally we need him to get back to his rhythm which he had between 2015-2017
Old June 17, 2019, 02:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Suddenly the OP looks like a moron.
এই থ্রেডটি কি বিএনপি জামায়াতের ষড়যন্ত্র নাকি খতিয়ে দেখতে হবে
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old June 17, 2019, 04:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Fair enough question. Its on quite a few people's mind tbh. I want him to stay on for this World Cup
Old June 17, 2019, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

SACK MASH NOW - Shala toss jita fieling nise
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old June 17, 2019, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

If we had a starc waiting in the dugout to replace MASH, fine sure (even doing that during a WC is definitely a no no). But we have a rubel, on his day will win the game for the opposition with his short and hit me balls. So mash stays.
Old June 17, 2019, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
If we had a starc waiting in the dugout to replace MASH, fine sure (even doing that during a WC is definitely a no no). But we have a rubel, on his day will win the game for the opposition with his short and hit me balls. So mash stays.
You need to take off your Mash tinted eyeglasses and see he took one wicket in 6 matches furthermore Shakib did not finish 10 overs , Miraz did not finish 10 overs. Fizz didnt finish 10 overs.

What kind of captaincy is this if THREE of our best bowlers don't finish their quota while he brings himself on after 40 overs and gets smacked (expectedly) for 13 runs. You won't see the best bowlers in other teams not finishing their full overs. Even he himself was not good enough to finish 10 overs. Shakib and Miraz should have finished long ago in the middle overs or at least by the time the end overs came but he wasted that time on part timers.
Old June 17, 2019, 09:00 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I feel like he was hiding himself in the field. Did a misfield, didnt come to bowl after getting smacked for 10+ runs. Lacks confidence perhaps?
Old June 17, 2019, 10:09 AM
Cricket Sage

He converted from Magical to Majool
Old June 17, 2019, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Mashrafe wants players, not outsiders, to assess pitches
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...assess-pitches

nice ASSessment indeed.
Old June 17, 2019, 11:43 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Yes sack the most successful captain we have ever had. People make it sound like we were a no.1 team that just dropped to no.7 and need to "sack" the skipper right now to stop the downhill slide. Speaking of bowling... was he not the most economical bowler today even after his one over which people are crying about
Old June 17, 2019, 12:27 PM

Bowling first doesnt like a bad decision all of a sudden...
sucks to suck
Old June 17, 2019, 12:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Now shut the hell up!
Old June 18, 2019, 01:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Bowling first doesnt like a bad decision all of a sudden...
sucks to suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Now shut the hell up!
easy to post when emotions are high. but Mash still deserves some criticism. Think about all the things that had to go right for us to win this game:

- needed to get to 2nd highest successful chase in wc history
- yet another shakib birlliance
- Liton scoring unbeaten 96 on debut
- piss poor fielding from WI and loads of wides.

We were 1 wicket away from losing the game. If Liton didnt control his nerves (understandable being on wc debut), we would have lost. Shakib would have gotten frustrated and get out to a rash shot, Moss and Mullah would tuk tuk before bowing out, and it would be Eng game all over again.

Make no mistake, we won this game in spite of Mash's decision-making, not because of it. He is still a great leader, but his outdated viewpoints is hurting us.
Old June 18, 2019, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
easy to post when emotions are high. but Mash still deserves some criticism. Think about all the things that had to go right for us to win this game:

We were 1 wicket away from losing the game. If Liton didnt control his nerves (understandable being on wc debut), we would have lost. Shakib would have gotten frustrated and get out to a rash shot, Moss and Mullah would tuk tuk before bowing out, and it would be Eng game all over again.

Make no mistake, we won this game in spite of Mash's decision-making, not because of it. He is still a great leader, but his outdated viewpoints is hurting us.
Couldn't have said it better:

"we won this game in spite of Mash's decision-making, not because of it. He is still a great leader, but his outdated viewpoints is hurting us"
Old June 18, 2019, 01:33 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I thought batting first would have been the way to go too but as it turned out the pitch got better and better for batting. I don't think we could have defended 320 in this small ground with an attack consisting of 3 spinners and lacking a proper fast bowler for the middle overs. In the end we were able to get away and control the WI innings in the first 10 overs. Those 30 runs that we saved were the difference between 320 and 350. So i have to admit Mash made the correct call and i need to eat humble pie on this one.
Old June 18, 2019, 01:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Wow. Well said Yankees. I am impressed. Thanks.

Now go and defend deflategate. :P
Old June 18, 2019, 01:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I thought batting first would have been the way to go too but as it turned out the pitch got better and better for batting. I don't think we could have defended 320 in this small ground with an attack consisting of 3 spinners and lacking a proper fast bowler for the middle overs. In the end we were able to get away and control the WI innings in the first 10 overs. Those 30 runs that we saved were the difference between 320 and 350. So i have to admit Mash made the correct call and i need to eat humble pie on this one.
Exactly what I thought and this the more precise mature comment I was looking and not some half hearted blurb.
Old June 18, 2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees

does any of the points you mentioned change the fact that it got easier to bat as the game progressed? In a lot of these games, its hard to know what kind of total would be enough. As a result, some teams or management finds it easier to chase rather then defend.

Also the last 3 games between these two sides, Bangladesh comfortably chased against WI in similar conditions. The management and Mash doesnt blindly decide on the toss you know...
Old June 18, 2019, 11:17 AM
Cricket Sage

All those praising Mash thinking that he knew beforehand LiTON will prove himself special at TaunTON, should eat humble pie but not for the win but for this ridiculous assumption.
Old June 18, 2019, 11:21 AM
Cricket Guru

We were ridiculously lucky with Fizz (who is off form) to get Hetymer and then Russel out for a duck in the same over, we were definitely looking at 350-400 chase. That was the main turning point of the game
Old June 18, 2019, 11:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
does any of the points you mentioned change the fact that it got easier to bat as the game progressed? In a lot of these games, its hard to know what kind of total would be enough. As a result, some teams or management finds it easier to chase rather then defend.

Also the last 3 games between these two sides, Bangladesh comfortably chased against WI in similar conditions. The management and Mash doesnt blindly decide on the toss you know...
Thanks. Thats another logical post.
Old June 18, 2019, 11:28 AM

Yes because now its "lucky" when our player perform....

We were lucky Shakib scored a ton
We were lucky Liton played a great knock
We were lucky Fizz picked two wickets in one over

A few more luck, we can win the WC I guess