facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 4, 2011, 11:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

we are yet to bat on this paradise of a pitch...

#OneTeam1Dream

Old August 4, 2011, 11:59 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

seeing BD bowl without shakib that much is like SL bowling every other bowler but not murali..i dont understand the tactic at all
Old August 4, 2011, 12:00 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
we are yet to bat on this paradise of a pitch...
when we'll bat the pitch will magicaly become a nightmare...been there seen that
Old August 4, 2011, 12:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
WHAT THE HECK?
This is stooping to new lows. Shakib wth man?

I just hope they dont score 400 ..If they do we are in deep trouble!!
Old August 4, 2011, 12:03 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The biggest problem that i see is the inability of our two front line pacers to swing the red ball. After the second new ball was taken there was absolutely no swing from Shafiul or Rubel. Only guy who showed a hint of swing was Robiul and he sucked with his line and length.

I know people dismiss Sayed Rasel for being slow but that guy could have been handy in the first session today along with Mashrafi.
Old August 4, 2011, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

As pathetic as it sounds, I expected better. I assumed that Zimbabwe will fold within 300 runs, which can still happen but very unlikely. If Zimbabwe declares tomorrow after lunch schore 400 runs, we will be in trouble... I would rather have them bat till Tea tomorrow and Bangladesh start their innings late and continue day 3 as the pitch becomes even more flatter. If bowlers can show a change of strategy, day 4 with ZIM will be tricky with 4 spinners BD has.. And Bangladesh needs to show their superiority in day 4-5.

All in all, good return to test cricket by Zimbabwe and good practice session for Bangladesh before their season starts.. I am happy that it is balanced and not a regular Zimbabwe thrashing as we got used to in the last 2-3 years!!
Old August 4, 2011, 12:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

BD only can envision a draw here, but a loss likely.
Old August 4, 2011, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

We should all congratulate ZIM on their awesome comeback despite us being their bunny.
Old August 4, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Take nothing away from Zimbabwe today. They were very impressive today despite the fact that they hadn't played a test in the last 6 years. Their batsmen showed a lot discipline and followed the basics. They left the ball consistently, punished the bad balls when they came, and rotated the strike to constantly put pressure on us. They fully deserve to be in this position.

As for us, it was a very shoddy effort. The bowlers sprayed it all around and were too inconsistent. They bowled some beauties but those times came way too few. The balls were either too short and wide or on the leg stump. Then the fielding was very mediocre. We missed a key run-out, dropped an easy catch, and slipped up on ground fielding. It's been a very big problem for us for a very long time. Once wickets stop falling, the boys seem to stop trying. This attitude needs to stop if we want to start winning test matches.

Well it is the 1st day so there is time to come back but the boys have to come out firing tomorrow or else this match could tilt even more in to Zimbabwe's favor.
Old August 4, 2011, 12:14 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Zimbabwe will never declare after lunch... there is still 4 days of cricket... they would bat on if they can for the entire day and ensure they have to bat only once in this test and use the next three days to get us out twice...
Old August 4, 2011, 12:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ZimSlog

Yeah your quicks were PATHETIC today. It was a good toss to win and if they had bowled the right line and length earlier on it would've been a different story. Shakib's captaincy was a bit off as I felt he under bowled Shafiul and over bowled Razzak. You better pray that there is a bit of some juice tomorrow morning and an early wicket falls otherwise it's going to be another tough day for your boys. I wonder how you guys are holding up after such a terrible performance by the Tigers?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 4, 2011, 12:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_wolf
when we'll bat the pitch will magicaly become a nightmare...been there seen that
হ নাচতে না জানলে পিচ বাঁকা
Old August 4, 2011, 12:34 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

there is frustration at the moment but all that will be gone if we also put up a strong show with the bat put this down to a case of super flat wicket coupled with ordinary bowling.

There are no demons left in the track so there is no reason we can't dig in and score big as well in theory. What happens in reality we will have to wait and see
Old August 4, 2011, 12:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimSlog
Yeah your quicks were PATHETIC today. It was a good toss to win and if they had bowled the right line and length earlier on it would've been a different story. Shakib's captaincy was a bit off as I felt he under bowled Shafiul and over bowled Razzak. You better pray that there is a bit of some juice tomorrow morning and an early wicket falls otherwise it's going to be another tough day for your boys. I wonder how you guys are holding up after such a terrible performance by the Tigers?

don't worry, once we start batting we're going to make your 3.0 run rate look like the ballet.

on a more serious note: you guys played very well, full accolades from me. I did not expect the batsman to play that well no matter how flat the pitch might be. Yes, the pacers bowled a bit foolishly - I wouldn't say wayward, because it became evident that their plan devolved into bowling ODI wides outside of off stump - but I think the ZIM batters did very well with the only exception being two poor shots which gave us 2 wickets and the wicket seems to be a batter's paradise. Its good to know that we will be pushed and tested in these encounters.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 4, 2011, 12:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

Zim had a good day but its a bit too early to celebrate. Taylor and Hamilton are key wks for us and if u get those out early tomorrow u could bundle us out for less than 350. Tamim, Shakib or Mushfiq can single handedly turn the tables around coz it is a good batting track. I will not celebrate till stumps day 3.

Old August 4, 2011, 12:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

Old August 4, 2011, 12:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The biggest problem that i see is the inability of our two front line pacers to swing the red ball. After the second new ball was taken there was absolutely no swing from Shafiul or Rubel. Only guy who showed a hint of swing was Robiul and he sucked with his line and length.

I know people dismiss Sayed Rasel for being slow but that guy could have been handy in the first session today along with Mashrafi.
did you say swing? Mahbubul Alam Robin and as you said Rasel comes to mind
Old August 4, 2011, 12:44 PM
Cricket Savant

I fell asleep...but congrats to Zimbabwe for a GREAT return to Test arena. Played with patience and with levelhead worthy of a team to prove that they belong here. Respect.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Last edited by Zeeshan; August 4, 2011 at 05:59 PM..
Old August 4, 2011, 01:02 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I am gonna say if Bangladesh tries to win it, they will lose it. When a team bats 120 overs in their first innings, they never lose that game unless they see a huge collapse on the second innings. For Zimbabwe they will bat more than 120 and they wont have a collapse in the second because our pace attack isnt any standard what so ever. So the best thing to do for Tigers is it go for the draw. Whenever our batsmen get on, just tell them they have rest of the duration of the whole test to bat so they DONT rush. For Zimbabwe their goals have been accomplished already. They dont have to win, they have to prove they have the temperament to play test cricket, and they proved it well. Bangladesh batting attack have to do the same. Doesnt matter how long they bat, they will have to absolutely stay on the wicket and prove they are worthy of test cricket and they can play full 5 days of cricket. Thats a bigger goal for me right now. Because if Bangladesh tries to win it, they will have to be over aggressive which will result in a collapse.

So i hope our batsmen will stick in there even if they cant score well.
our pace attack is not even international ODI standard. I can guarantee i can play those short pitched slow deliveries with a defensive field like Shakib had. Nazmul was the only bowler with some control and variation and he was left out.

And i am proud to say this, i am a better captain than Shakib in test cricket......
Old August 4, 2011, 01:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Guys, remember, BD scored over 400 in their first test, let our boyz fight back and win it. Still four days left. This is test, not ODI/T20.

Fans need to develop patience to watch test matches.
Old August 4, 2011, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Guys, remember, BD scored over 400 in their first test, let our boyz fight back and win it. Still four days left. This is test, not ODI/T20.

Fans need to develop patience to watch test matches.
Good post. Let's not lose hope guys. Yes it was a bad day today and no excuses for that. Don't forget test matches last 5 days and there is still a long ways to go. As they say, cricket is a funny game and you never know what happens. So we shouldn't break down so easily.

I do think tomorrow's 1st session will be absolutely crucial. While there is moisture on the wicket, the pacers have to take advantage this time around and have the batsmen play shots. If we can do that, we'll give them trouble. Hopethe boys rectify their mistakes and come out stronger tomorrow.
Old August 4, 2011, 01:34 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

watching the hilights here(below). catch it if you guys missed the torture like me

http://www.crichotline.com/banglades...1-04-aug-2011/
Old August 4, 2011, 01:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Jaak Baba 90 over-e 360 korey nai.
Old August 4, 2011, 02:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I pray no one will open a thread for highlights.
Old August 4, 2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

Watch Bangladesh Vs Zimababwe Live Online

www.livehdcric.blogspot.com

Good Luck Bangladesh!!!