facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 4, 2009, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib
Default One giant slip in Bangladesh new :)

One giant slip in Bangladesh news
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8237558.stm

Old September 4, 2009, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Reminds me of Doinik Tolpar lol.
Old September 4, 2009, 11:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

LMAO
Old September 4, 2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Reminds me of Doinik Tolpar lol.
lol
Old September 4, 2009, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

haha.. thats the proof of validity of the truth of BD newspapers (the crap ones)
Old September 4, 2009, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

It's not about validity. It's just ridiculous how much worldly knowledge these journalists have.

Sad. That's all.
Old September 4, 2009, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
It's not about validity. It's just ridiculous how much worldly knowledge these journalists have.

Sad. That's all.
ya.. right, sad and thats it..
Old September 4, 2009, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

How can they fall for it? It would be headline news everywhere else.
Old September 4, 2009, 01:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

হাস্যকর...
Old September 4, 2009, 03:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

There you go.

Conspiracy Theorist Convinces Neil Armstrong Moon Landing Was Faked

August 31, 2009 | Issue 45•36
Conspiracy Theorist
LEBANON, OHIO—Apollo 11 mission commander and famed astronaut Neil Armstrong shocked reporters at a press conference Monday, announcing he had been convinced that his historic first step on the moon was part of an elaborate hoax orchestrated by the United States government.

According to Armstrong, he was forced to reconsider every single detail of the monumental journey after watching a few persuasive YouTube videos, and reading several blog posts on conspiracy theorist Ralph Coleman's website, OmissionControl.org.

"It only took a few hastily written paragraphs published by this passionate denier of mankind's so-called 'greatest technological achievement' for me to realize I had been living a lie, " said a visibly emotional Armstrong, addressing reporters at his home. "It has become painfully clear to me that on July 20, 1969, the Lunar Module under the control of my crew did not in fact travel 250,000 miles over eight days, touch down on the moon, and perform various experiments, ushering in a new era for humanity. Instead, the entire thing was filmed on a soundstage, most likely in New Mexico."

"This is the only logical interpretation of the numerous inconsistencies in the grainy, 40-year-old footage," Armstrong added.
Enlarge Image Omission Control

Amstrong was swayed by OmissionControl's use of bolding and capital letters to highlight NASA's many blatant fallacies.

Although Armstrong said he "could have sworn" he felt the effects of zero gravity while soaring out of the Earth's atmosphere and through space, he now believed his memory must be flawed. He also admitted feeling "ashamed" that he had failed to notice the rippling of the American flag he and Buzz Aldrin planted on the surface, blaming his lack of awareness on the bulkiness of the spacesuit and his excitement about traveling to the "moon."

"That rippling is not possible in the vacuum of space," Armstrong said. "It must have been the wind from an air-conditioning duct that I didn't recognize because you can't hear a damn thing inside those helmets."

"This is all just common sense, people," he added. "It's the moon. You can't land on the moon."

In a symbolic display of his newfound skepticism, Armstrong then grabbed a collection of moon rocks he had kept as souvenirs and dramatically dumped them into a trash can.

One of the main arguments posited on Coleman's website—that America could not, in 1969, have realistically possessed the technological capabilities needed to put a man on the moon—was reportedly one of the first things to cause the legendary astronaut a pang of doubt. Despite having spent thousands of hours training for the historic mission under the guidance of the world's top scientists, technicians, and pilots, Armstrong said he knew the conspiracy theories were true after learning that website author Coleman was "quite the engineering buff."

"Yes, at the time I thought those thousands of NASA employees were working round the clock for the same incredible goal, but if anyone would know what was really going on, it would be Ralph Coleman," Armstrong said of the 31-year-old part-time librarian's assistant. "He knows a lot more about faked moon landings than I ever could. He's been researching the subject on the Internet for years."

"Literally years," he added.

Addressing another inconsistency brought to light by OmissionControl, Armstrong explained he was probably so focused on piloting the lunar module that he failed to notice that one of the moon rocks visible in footage of the landing appears to have the letter 'C' stamped on it. An emotional Armstrong said that the only possible explanation for this detail was that the rock actually came from NASA's prop department.

"They forgot to turn it over," Armstrong said, removing his eyeglasses to wipe away tears. "Those lying bastards at NASA went through all the trouble to fake the moon landing, but they forgot to turn over one little prop rock. And now the whole damn thing's blowing up in their faces."

Although Armstrong initially questioned why the U.S. would attempt such an elaborate cover-up, he cited one overarching explanation provided by Coleman: that it was a ploy to defeat the Soviet Union and fulfill the Illuminati's plan to unify the world's banks and control the dissemination of information.

"Just ask Ralph Coleman," Armstrong said. "He'll answer any questions you have."

To conclude the press conference, Armstrong showed reporters footage of his first steps on the moon to demonstrate that the most daming evidence was "right under our noses." Speeding up the tape and replaying the graceful moonwalk several times in a row, Armstrong explained that the iconic images of humanity's triumphant dance with the cosmos was actually just a film of him walking backwards, slowed down, and played in reverse.

"What other explanation could there be?" Armstrong asked. "It's all right here. Everything is all right here if you'd just open your damn eyes and see!"

Added Armstrong, "I suppose it really was one small step for man, one giant lie for mankind."
Old September 4, 2009, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

lol this news was on the bbc aswell loooooooooooool
Old September 4, 2009, 04:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladeshis in general have difficulty understanding sarcasm/satire in English....this story just proves that.....

But its sad for journalists to fall for it....
Old September 4, 2009, 04:52 PM
Cricket Sage

And here is one controversial poll BC had to go through on this debatable topic,

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...t=moon+landing

This thread contains logic and counter-logic on this burning question.
Old September 4, 2009, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

That is quite sad, though its understandable due to the sarcasm....

Though its odd that they were looking through the Onion for pieces.
Old September 4, 2009, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Hahhaaaa, reminds me of last year, I guess, Prothom-Alo published a news saying England (who were denied a place in Euro 2008 by Croatia days before) got Euro qualification as a result of Spain being banned because of some hilarious reason. I was like, WTH. Checked up everywhere; BBC, SkySports. Found it nowhere and then felt really proud about the fact my country's journalism has moved a step forward. BUT holy aaaaaaaammmmaaaggaaabaaagaa, the next day found out that some website, probably Goal.com bluffed it and PA published an appology as well following that. My pride flew away through the window.

Last edited by Purbasha T; September 4, 2009 at 11:28 PM..
Old September 4, 2009, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Don't know how to search but I remeber prothom alo ran a report on toilet internet (an april fool joke) that was published on Google on april 1st as real story. Nasif bhai posted that a while back if I remember correctly.
Old September 4, 2009, 11:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Bangladeshis in general have difficulty understanding sarcasm/satire in English....this story just proves that.....

But its sad for journalists to fall for it....
OMG yes! People in Bangladesh somehow manage to not understand sarcasm! Australians use a lot of sarcasm so it kind of comes naturally to me, but when im being sarcastic about something to my cousins in Bangladesh... its just weird coz they take it seriously.

as for the article... ROFLOLMAO!
Old September 4, 2009, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
OMG yes! People in Bangladesh somehow manage to not understand sarcasm! Australians use a lot of sarcasm so it kind of comes naturally to me, but when im being sarcastic about something to my cousins in Bangladesh... its just weird coz they take it seriously.

as for the article... ROFLOLMAO!
Old September 5, 2009, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Funny.
Old September 5, 2009, 04:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
Australians use a lot of sarcasm so it kind of comes naturally to me
So you are sarcastically smart I suppose.
Old September 5, 2009, 07:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

This two "newspapers" must be Sylhety owned and Alok and Rajin its editors. I really fear a backlash from the Lovers of All Things Bangladeshi syndicate.
Old September 7, 2009, 01:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Rubbing it in a little more and BCF we have not had Sunny Thailand to step in here yet .

Quote:
The two People's Republic of Bangladesh newspapers—the Daily Manab Zamin and the New Nation—both ran (supposedly true) articles stating that former U.S. Apollo astronaut Neil Armstrong recanted his story about his Apollo 13 Moon landing, saying it was all faked by the U.S. government.

However, the original source of the article that ran in these two Bangladeshi newspapers was The Onion, a news agency that runs fake, untrue articles on the Internet about real historic and current events.

It is obvious when going to the website of the “fake news” organization The Onion that it only runs false, satirical, parody news headings and stories.
Link