facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 19, 2002, 10:18 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default National league

Don't know if you have read the papers but here is the thing - All three four day matches ended in three days with only one team scoring 300 runs. That just shows the sad state of our batting. the players can not handle the longer version routine. How do we expect anything more from them when they play bigger and better teams ? Also, with only 5 four day matches a year, is there any chance this players will build the temparament any time soon ?

Most of the senior players might come back to participate in the next round. The BCB has already granted them vacation till December 25. Don't know if they will be actually playing the league matches. I personally think, it would be a better idea to do so.
Old December 20, 2002, 03:20 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default We really need to consider Nafees

The guy has been Awesome from day one with a hunderd and now his third fifty and I believe he has stayed unbeaten in couple of those.
Old December 20, 2002, 03:51 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Other notables.

Chittagong vs Barisal:

Nafees 50*, Akram 36* helped the side win by 7 wickets. Tareq took 3 for 31 but spinner Sabbir took 3 for 10. Looks like Tareq is back from injury, that gives Bangladesh 5 decent (including Masri) bowlers for the World Cup. When we had our Test status, we only had two. I thought we were going to breed some spinners but to my surprise, we are a ripe breeding ground for 'decent' pacers.

Sylhet vs Dhaka

For Dhaka, Sujon took 3 for 36, DURJOY, Monir, Saiful and Masudur took 1 wicket each. Rashed Sumon scored 38 and Sujon scored 36 runs. Golla (16) and Opee (12) needs to work harde. I am assuming Durjoy scored less then 10 as Dhaka lost 8 wickets to win this one. Shanto took 3 for 42 for Sylhet. Moni Jr. took 2 for 11.

Rajshahi vs Khulna

Salim scored a 55 for Khulna. I dropped this name (wicketkeeper) 3/4 days ago. Tusher scored only 11. His performance has been pretty dismal so far. Raju scored 47, not sure which Raju this is. Rajshahi's Shafaq Al Zabir took 5 for 39. Add that to our list of pacers. Bhola took 2 for 29. What happened to BIKASH RANJAN DAS (he plays for Dhaka usually)? Ok, Raju is Raju Parvez and he is too old for this. He had a big bald spot when I last saw him 4 years ago.

For Rajshahi, Shamim scored 60. He is probably from the youth sides. Manjur Rana took 4 for 18, a good spin prospect for us. Al Amin, the young pacer took 3 for 20. MASRI did not bowl.