facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 12, 2005, 10:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default using Aftab in one-down position

Whats wrong with the team Management. When Aftab was successful in last ODI playing against Zimbabwe (in fact he was in the most aggressive mode that I have ever seen from any Bangladeshi batsman), why did they again brought him down at #7. I think he should be played at one down.

Old June 12, 2005, 11:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

totally agree with you, i was so surprised to see play lower down the order in these two od matches
Old June 12, 2005, 11:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

BD Team Management are usually habituated doing wrong things.
What was the use of putting Rajin at no 3 today?
If Aftab were there, BD could win more comfortably....
Aftab always should play at no 3.
we need a aggresive player at no 3.
When an opener fails to do correct thing, Aftab may do that (though not all the time)...

Edited on, June 12, 2005, 4:57 PM GMT, by little_master.
Old June 12, 2005, 12:32 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Why don't you people understand?

Rajin is played at number three position just to ruin his career. Previously, Faruque Ahmed, our beloved national selector could back him up because of his previous good performance, but watching Rajin's poor form, Faruque backed away from doing that - typical Bangladeshi character - and Rajin is now the scapegoat of the team - nothing more.
Old June 12, 2005, 01:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

well, my explanation is very different.

i think Aftab will play at number 3..that is decided. so whatever it is it was astidpid decision not to make him at least one go at that postion...

now that 'whatever'.... we are still looking for the opener and rajin is , i mean was, definitely acandidate as he was quite successful in last 5 oneday matches he played.. so he came as number 3, just as shahriar nafees came in the first class matches..

in the end, we still not have that other opener cleared out..

to me it will be: aftab, ashraful, bashar and tushar as 3,4,5 and 6.
Old June 12, 2005, 01:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well, he performed good opening the innings against India and Zimbabwe.

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah

Rajin is played at number three position just to ruin his career. Previously, Faruque Ahmed, our beloved national selector could back him up because of his previous good performance, but watching Rajin's poor form, Faruque backed away from doing that - typical Bangladeshi character - and Rajin is now the scapegoat of the team - nothing more.
Old June 12, 2005, 01:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
and Rajin is now the scapegoat of the team - nothing more.
Dont only blame faruk. Definitely Dav, Rajin, as in some capacity Die Hard Rajin fans shuol take some responsibility.

Definitily an off-form less talented Rajin is not same as an off form Ash or Pilot or Bashar. This kind of performance will have long term negative consiquence in Rajin's Career, that no one wants. Is better for him to take time off, regain his confidence and form and then fight back to the national team. Other wise he will be Alok Kapali Jr.
Old June 12, 2005, 02:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

i think rajin was played up the order just to give him a final final final chance. probably winning todays game wasnt the main target. what the team management wanted to do was judge the performances of players like nafees, tushar ash and rajin. Aftab has already cemented his place in the team, so the team management isnt really worried about him. so they played him down the order.
Old June 12, 2005, 08:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

The batting order in practise matches doesn't give any indication of what will be used in the NatWest Series. Rajin was brought in at 3 because he needed a long spell at the crease and needed practise against the new ball. He's still a possibility to be opener and if he's in the middle order what's to say the top order won't collapse within a couple of overs.

Aftab is in good form and wasn't needed before 7. The people in need of match practise were at the top of the order. The people who didn't need it so much (Bashar and Aftab) were pushed down.
Old June 12, 2005, 08:43 PM
Test Cricketer

mueid and habibul fan already said what i wanted to say. i believe rajin has lost all of his chances to play in natwest series. javed and nafees (no one better at this moment) should open, aftab should come at # 3, ash, bash and imran should come at 4, 5 and 6 consecutively.
Old June 13, 2005, 02:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

I don't think he is a scapegoat. He hasn't shown anything in this tour to suggest he will do anything better than the rest if he is included. Its very common sense and even Dav Whatmore understands this.
Old June 13, 2005, 07:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes cracky, I agree with you that Aftab should play at # 3.
Old June 13, 2005, 07:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

I agree. Aftab should play at one down. He has shown that he has the telent.
Old June 13, 2005, 08:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The batting order in practise matches doesn't give any indication of what will be used in the NatWest Series
H.F has a realistic assessment here! The explanation is probably a simple one.

The batting order in test matches also reflects the injury status of the team. Bear in mind that the selectors don't want (or find it meaningless) to reveal the injuries of several players as they could be minor. As such, whether Rajin plays at 3 or 4 is a speculative discussion.

The physio is also quite an important figure as day by day our team places "fitness" quite high in the priority of the day.in this matter. Don't forget that.