facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 8, 2013, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Let us admit: Zimbabwe have played better cricket and is the better team

Yes, we had everything not going our way starting from poor hotel facilities, to lack of practice, biased umpiring and also losing crucial tosses.

But I think we need to accept that Zimbabwe were the superior team in the tour so far. They bowled better than us, the batted better. Their catching were horrible but their outfielding was magnificent. So as it stands of now, we are yet to win a series, ODI or test, against zimbabwe in our last 2 tours.

We all need to agree, that Zimbabwe are the better team and deserve to win. Yes, we beat Srilanka, we beat WI, but unless and until we can beat Zimbabwe we are the weaker team. I wish Zimbabwe all the very best for the future, and I wish they get better opportunities than we did, and also hope they can start beating stronger teams in the future.

Old May 8, 2013, 08:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i agree they played better cricket ......

they batted poorly in the first game but in the next games we batted poorly.

in the second and third game our batters did not bat well in the morning conditions and the zim bowlers took the advantage.

and we could not score enough runs to defend in the afternoon flat conditions.

i would not still call ZIMS the superior team as in none of the matches we had the chance to bowl first and bat second. it would have been interesting to see how ZIMS would have done if Robiul and shafiul was swinging the ball in the morning and tamim, ashraful was batting in the flat afternoon

well both the T20's start in 1:30 gmt ...... so the early morning advantage will be out of equation. lets see what happens there. though BD is not a good T20 team so ZIMS are probably favourite
Old May 8, 2013, 08:40 AM
Banned

Don't forget we are playing away from home. You know how Zim will fare when they play in BD. You combine both results and then say who is better. Saying that the two areas they are better than us are pace bowling and temperament.
Old May 8, 2013, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Don't forget we are playing away from home. You know how Zim will fare when they play in BD. You combine both results and then say who is better. Saying that the two areas they are better than us are pace bowling and temperament.
In the cricket world, you can judge who is the better team by seeing how the team performs overseas. Being able to beat a team overseas is crucial. Seeing both home and away performance can be used to make a conclusion but winning a tour overseas is the big deal. Teams like NZ have always been great at home, regardless of opposition but fails overseas so people dont really care about how great they are back home.

This was a crucial series, more than the Lanka series because:
1) This was the oppurtunity to show the world that we are a better team-We failed
2) We wanted to get rid of the minnow tag forever-We failed
3) We wanted to show that we CAN be a good team away from home-We failed

While we whine about not getting to play in CT, we have nothing to do but blame our own cricketers for not holding onto our oppurtunities. In 2011, we played several series at home turf and one in Zimbabwe. We were expected to do well and failed. We have a good team, but it is a case of failing to show the world how good we are. Its important what other thinks of us, because that will only create better oppurtunities for our players(contracts, tours, recognition).
Old May 8, 2013, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
In the cricket world, you can judge who is the better team by seeing how the team performs overseas. Being able to beat a team overseas is crucial. Seeing both home and away performance can be used to make a conclusion but winning a tour overseas is the big deal. Teams like NZ have always been great at home, regardless of opposition but fails overseas so people dont really care about how great they are back home.
The same applies to Zim as well. That's why I said combine the home and away results and then compare. Zim doing well at home doesn't make them better than us because we will thrash them fair and square when they visit BD. That's guaranteed.
Old May 8, 2013, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
The same applies to Zim as well. That's why I said combine the home and away results and then compare. Zim doing well at home doesn't make them better than us because we will thrash them fair and square when they visit BD. That's guaranteed.
This is what I hate about Bangladeshi fans, "we will thrash them like anything" I remember the last time Zimbabwe toured BD. In the first match, BD were 67-6 , and ofcourse losing the match comfortably

There is absolutely no excuse for losing to zimbabwe. A fan of teams like India and Pakistan would find it shameful if their team lost to BD even away from home. The case is similar for us. Our players played plenty of cricket in earlier matches and have earned more than what they really deserve. After all the advantage we had, if we cannot beat a team like Zimbabwe, then we cannot argue that we can beat zimbabwe at home with our eyes closed.

Why is it hard for you people to understand, that we were beaten by the better team. Yes we are playing away from home, yes umpires, conditions, tosses, facilities were against us..We are yet to win a series against zimbabwe in 2 and a half years. Zimbabwe boys play with spirit, our boys smile like idiots when the match is lost
Old May 8, 2013, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Of course they played better cricket, but we didn't make it too hard for them to do so. That's the whole point. We set the difficulty level to beat us to "easy', and Zim managed to beat us.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes in this tour they have been a better side.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I agree, in this tour they've clearly been the better side. I've always rated him at home, they are pretty good there. That and a combination of BD being fairly terrible made it easier for them. Shouldn't have won so easily though, that's just BD being awful.
Old May 11, 2013, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

A lot of credit to Zimbabwe.

Look how they fielded today. Absolutely sensational. I think they should win tomorrow as well, its not that they HAVE PLAYED BETTER, but that they are the better team. We are not better than them unless we can beat them.

So we have failed to beat zimbabwe for 5 consecutive series. That is enough to prove who is the better team. Yes we have improved, in terms of skill. But Zimbabwe have improved a lot mentally.
Old May 11, 2013, 10:55 AM

Zimbo is much better team than BD, every time Zimbo team had something wrong in the game, they come back fixing it. That shows they have culture of admit and accept the lack and wroked out to fix it as a team. Their selection, batting, bowling, fielding everywhere it was exposed well, but BD?? no where near to them in that regard.
Old May 11, 2013, 01:29 PM
Test Cricketer

These team needs to go thru serious boot camp form 6 to 8 months.
With such limited resources what this Zim players have done makes the BD team a laughing thing.
Old May 11, 2013, 01:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Let us not.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 11, 2013, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
These team needs to go thru serious boot camp form 6 to 8 months.
With such limited resources what this Zim players have done makes the BD team a laughing thing.
Less resources? meh

Look at their coaching staff, and how involved they are. They have like 3-4 coaching staffs, and what do we have? 2 coaching staff and 1 spin bowling consultant.

Also, their domestic structure is better than that of ours. That franchise cricket they talk about seems to be quite well organized. Its not a surprise that we lost to them
Old May 11, 2013, 02:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Jamie Siddons ke khuv miss kori
Old May 11, 2013, 03:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Less resources? meh

Look at their coaching staff, and how involved they are. They have like 3-4 coaching staffs, and what do we have? 2 coaching staff and 1 spin bowling consultant.

Also, their domestic structure is better than that of ours. That franchise cricket they talk about seems to be quite well organized. Its not a surprise that we lost to them
We expect better cricket from these players.
BCB has more money than Zim, we have better facilities, we pay more to our players and BCB spends more money on the developments of these players.
Old May 11, 2013, 03:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default Team wins against individual stars!!!

Bangladesh have better and more individual star players.

Zimbabwe play better as a team every time they see us as an opponent.

Zimbabwe has domestic system where their players play for 1 team through out the season. They understand team value and how to fill gaps when a team mate struggles.

We have domestic System where our players play for 4 different team in a season officially (god knows how many in khep). For us It is more about individual performance than team. We don't know how to play as a team until we play for national team.

Zimbabwe players pride their First Class competition.

Bangladesh players tells media our First Class is picnic cricket.

Zimbabwe Cricket board will plan to make our life misery to get a psychological advantage by putting us in hotels with petrol in water, leakage from ventilation system.

BCB will put them in Pan Pacific.
Old May 11, 2013, 03:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Zimbo is much better team than BD, every time Zimbo team had something wrong in the game, they come back fixing it. That shows they have culture of admit and accept the lack and wroked out to fix it as a team. Their selection, batting, bowling, fielding everywhere it was exposed well, but BD?? no where near to them in that regard.
Agree their dedication and work ethic among all the problems to overcome the obstacles are indeed praiseworthy. No matter what you say emotionally about fans being very demanding but they have right to expect at least some progress of making same mistakes again and again.
Old May 11, 2013, 05:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Here is the harsh truth: Zimbabwe have better pace bowling crew than ours and our batters are weaker playing pace bowling. If our top order played the Zim pacers with some respect, we coulc have won all 3 series, although not whitewash. Don't forget, our stars, TIK, Shakib and even Nasir, have shown some lack of concentration at crucial moments. We need to look at our team makeup for overseas seaming condition and have different teams. Also, give Zimbabwe some credits for making attemps to endure our spinners, which means they did not exhibit complacency. One could look into the after-match comments made by the captains, Taylor always made comments by being respectful to BD team
Old May 11, 2013, 05:54 PM
Banned

Mr. Ram, surprised to find out your depth of knowledge of cricket. Why are you in this forum, could you answer please? You are talking against bangladeshi team and fortunately getting away with it. Listen, in cricket it isn't easy to find out who is better or not from one tour, like we just had against Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe managed to do better against only bangladesh not any other test team but bangladesh team did. I don't know why you are making such comments and for that you are making new threads against my team and making my anger risen. Why are you doing it? What do you want to prove?
Old May 11, 2013, 06:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

We are mediocre. Zim are less mediocre
Old May 11, 2013, 06:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
You are talking against bangladeshi team and fortunately getting away with it.

Welcome. You like to make an entrance huh?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 11, 2013, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidrohi#1
Mr. Ram, surprised to find out your depth of knowledge of cricket. Why are you in this forum, could you answer please? You are talking against bangladeshi team and fortunately getting away with it. Listen, in cricket it isn't easy to find out who is better or not from one tour, like we just had against Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe managed to do better against only bangladesh not any other test team but bangladesh team did. I don't know why you are making such comments and for that you are making new threads against my team and making my anger risen. Why are you doing it? What do you want to prove?
This is a classic post, especially the bold part. I admire his biased support for his team. Why is he banned?
Old May 11, 2013, 11:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Bangladesh have better and more individual star players.

Zimbabwe play better as a team every time they see us as an opponent.

Zimbabwe has domestic system where their players play for 1 team through out the season. They understand team value and how to fill gaps when a team mate struggles.

We have domestic System where our players play for 4 different team in a season officially (god knows how many in khep). For us It is more about individual performance than team. We don't know how to play as a team until we play for national team.

Zimbabwe players pride their First Class competition.

Bangladesh players tells media our First Class is picnic cricket.

Zimbabwe Cricket board will plan to make our life misery to get a psychological advantage by putting us in hotels with petrol in water, leakage from ventilation system.

BCB will put them in Pan Pacific.
Moc bhai kathi Kotha bolchen... Amader kathamo ar amader non professionalism amader odthopoton main karon
Old May 11, 2013, 11:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidrohi#1
Mr Bidrohi.

As a fan I have "every" right to criticize them. Every single match they play, I follow them. I used to miss schools, tutorial classes and even hangouts with my buddies just to watch the BD matches. I have spent a large amount of my pocket money to watch tigers play at home. I can swear that ever since 2009 World T20, I have followed "each" and "every" match Bangladesh played. If this is the sort of performances our players dish out, then its very disheartening for someone like me. Sometimes, I feel like showing a middle finger to them, but there I am before every match, waiting for the match to begin and praying that our players will win.

What I want to prove is that our boys are not that good as many of us think. Yes we beat teams like WI and SL, but unless you regularly beat weaker teams, you are NOT a good side.

And btw, why did he get banned? he didnt say anything offensive.