facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 31, 2016, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't think these kind of news does any good for the team. Should have just kept it inside the dressing room rather than making it public. But since it's out, this also does raise significant concerns over Mushy's captaincy. If you can't take the heat, please gracefully give it up for fudge's sake. He is a good batsmen, and should solely play as a batsmen (not a w.keeper).

I atleast think Shakib and Tamim have matured enough to take over the captaincy (atleast in Test matches since Mashrafee is not playing anymore).

Old October 31, 2016, 08:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
The replacement captain should NOT be Tamim. He has come of age, and starting to hold together the top. Let him keep doing that.

It should be the VC of the ODI team. Not sure why Shakib isn't the VC of test team too, but Tamim can stay on as VC and a matured Shakib gets his 2nd shot at it. He's not my ideal captain. But it's better than our current set up and he can handle the burden more than any of the other 10 guys.
Problem is Shakib isn't that people friendly and mostly likes to keep to himself. He is the total opposite of our ODI leader Mashrafi.

Shakib does what he does best. Doesn't spend too much in the nets and with the team, always very busy with IPL and many t20 leagues and thus misses domestic matches and happenings. Just shows up to the game and dominates it. Will perform either with the ball or bat 9/10 times.

Mash - is the perfect leader. He inspires and commands tremendous respect. Taskin and other new players will even jump from the roof if Mashrafi "bhai" says so. Solid team culture and cohesion. Plays as a unit.

Mushy - subpar captaincy skill but overall has good control of the team. But can't inspire.

Shakib - not good communication skill and I doubt can unify the team. He is best when he is alone.

Tamim - good choice. Showing maturity. But will captaincy dent his excellent top order form? BD can't afford that.

Riyad - reasonable choice. But poor performance in test putting his spot in the team at danger.

Thus I think Ashraful might be the best option..
Old October 31, 2016, 08:45 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Attached Images
File Type: png shakib_salute.png (493.7 KB, 312 views)
Old October 31, 2016, 08:59 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I think we are judging Riyad based on a poor shot he played in 2nd test. He looks like a different person when given responsibilities. Mash himself has praised his leadership skills. So it's Riyad for me.

I don't think Shakib wants to lead the team anymore. If I can recall correctly, he has turned down the offer to be the captain.

Tamim is a good option as well. He has done well when he was a captain previously but not as good as Riyad though
Old October 31, 2016, 09:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Mufi I hope you're joking but either way you have me worried wit that last line of thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Need a captain who's not 95% spin-centric. Needs to utilize his fast men with more oommmphh(did i say that right?)
True. Shakib was mostly spin-centric in his first term. But that wasn't his biggest problem. He had no man-management skills. He wasn't professional at all, cussing at players left and right as if it was gully cricket. And if you're worried about him being too spin-centric, well Mush is worse than Shak.

Shakib being around Mash will have learned how to rotate his fast bowlers and which one to use when. He's the one who's usually talking to them while Mash thinks about the next steps and sets the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket4All
Well, We are still waiting for our "Imran Khan" to come up and save us in the Test format. I don't want to be honest about the skill level of pace bowlers we have when it comes to the longer version of the game. We don't have a strong pace bowling culture. It's highly likely that next couple of years we will be relying on our strength - spin bowling to win matches at home condition and to be competitive in away condition.

I have high hope for our U-19 captain Miraz. If he can sort out his batting within next couple of years then I would like to see him captaining our Test side once he played 20 Test matches.
Whenever I visited Bangladesh I noticed a huge deal of passion for fast bowling, way more than batting. The likes of Wasim and Shoaib used to be their inspiration over Sachin. All my cousins and their neighborhood dudes run in and try to out bowl each other. Fast bowling is big in Bangladesh. With Taskin and Rubel etc, there will be a few more. The board just needs to unearth them and coach them.

It goes AAK to Mash (in between there was some worthless kid) in line for Bangladeshi inspiration. That's 2 fast bowlers. We will be okay. In some ways, we are blessed to not have had Sachin. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
I don't think these kind of news does any good for the team. Should have just kept it inside the dressing room rather than making it public. But since it's out, this also does raise significant concerns over Mushy's captaincy. If you can't take the heat, please gracefully give it up for fudge's sake. He is a good batsmen, and should solely play as a batsmen (not a w.keeper).

I at least think Shakib and Tamim have matured enough to take over the captaincy (atleast in Test matches since Mashrafee is not playing anymore).
That was my first thought too. But I'm glad it came out. Stop Mush. "The Greater Good"
Old October 31, 2016, 09:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Lol Mufi with the reverse swing in his last line
Old October 31, 2016, 09:40 PM
BC Editorial Team

Hmm ... if Mushy's authority has indeed been diluted by the coach, then he should resign.
Old October 31, 2016, 10:02 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ That's one down (although not one of the hardcore ones), where the rest at?

(im just being fashionable and pointing fingers and picking sides.)

Last edited by Dilscoop; November 1, 2016 at 04:09 AM..
Old October 31, 2016, 11:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

whoever gets the captaincy ... tamim ir riad needs to step up .... .... and i belive of them can.

i dont feel captaincy wont be a burden to tamim. i feel that will make him more responsible and play according to the situation.
Old November 1, 2016, 12:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Riyad+Tamim combo anyone?
Old November 1, 2016, 12:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Riyad+Tamim combo anyone?
Riyad is a decent ODI player, but he is not a Test standard batsman. He scored only one half-century in his last 12 innings. If he doesn't do anything remarkable in NZ series, then I expect him to get dropped from the Test side.
Old November 1, 2016, 01:51 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I really believe Riyad is the ideal skipper to replace Mushy. This guy has successfully captained a lot of teams and he seemed to step up is game even more when given an extra responsibility. (Reference BPL2, BPL3, DPL)

One of the reason why Mushy is so unsuccessful is because he panics... He panics after a 4, panics after a 9 run over, panics after a batsman is showing intent, panics after a ball stops turning for some reason. In test, you gotta be calm and continue to be aggressive even if the situation isnt working in your favor. Mushy has this, "save run first and then force them into throwing the wicket. NO NO..... not every team is Bangladesh bruh! The only priority should be getting wickets and avoiding a partnership from getting out of hand. Riyad is a very calm player and he has a better control/awareness of the resources he has. I saw this during the last season of BPL. The side which played final was really a nothing side compared to what Shakib and Tamim had. But neither one of them used their resources properly and to the full extent.

Ofcourse, I hope he really works on developing his own game too which is not upto the mark at the moment. Needs to cut down on some chances during batting and really needs to work on getting his consistency back for bowling. We wont always have the luxury of bowling 2 frontline spinners and if he can come bowl upto his standard, he will be very useful in those conditions.

I feel like getting the right deputy is also very important as not everyone is Mash and can have some limitations at times. Seems like Tamim did voluntarily stepped up during the last game, so if thats true, he is the perfect candidate for the deputy role. Plus he is the best batsman in the team by a long shot... So naturally he is able to read the batsmen well at times.
Old November 1, 2016, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I really believe Riyad is the ideal skipper to replace Mushy. This guy has successfully captained a lot of teams and he seemed to step up is game even more when given an extra responsibility. (Reference BPL2, BPL3, DPL)

One of the reason why Mushy is so unsuccessful is because he panics... He panics after a 4, panics after a 9 run over, panics after a batsman is showing intent, panics after a ball stops turning for some reason. In test, you gotta be calm and continue to be aggressive even if the situation isnt working in your favor. Mushy has this, "save run first and then force them into throwing the wicket. NO NO..... not every team is Bangladesh bruh! The only priority should be getting wickets and avoiding a partnership from getting out of hand. Riyad is a very calm player and he has a better control/awareness of the resources he has. I saw this during the last season of BPL. The side which played final was really a nothing side compared to what Shakib and Tamim had. But neither one of them used their resources properly and to the full extent.

Ofcourse, I hope he really works on developing his own game too which is not upto the mark at the moment. Needs to cut down on some chances during batting and really needs to work on getting his consistency back for bowling. We wont always have the luxury of bowling 2 frontline spinners and if he can come bowl upto his standard, he will be very useful in those conditions.

I feel like getting the right deputy is also very important as not everyone is Mash and can have some limitations at times. Seems like Tamim did voluntarily stepped up during the last game, so if thats true, he is the perfect candidate for the deputy role. Plus he is the best batsman in the team by a long shot... So naturally he is able to read the batsmen well at times.

I too think Riyad and not Tamim should be the next captain. We need some forward thinking in terms of captaincy, truth is Mash is almost nearing the end of his career and there will be a huge vacuum in Bangladeshi cricket if we don't address who is going to be the next captain. No use creating rumours and disrupting the team environment more, I mean if Tamim, Shakib, Mushfique, Riyad all of them are trying to be a captain there is bound to be bad blood somewhere down the line. It's just best to assign on and trust all your faith on him.

The fact that Riyad has captained his side to 3 BPL finals is invaluable to me. I feel he has grown as a player and is one of those players who becomes even a better version of himself when given the responsibility. I have seen Tamim captain, tbh he was attacking but again tried too many things. He gives up trust on a player too fast and instills all his trust on someone who is doing well. But his personality is perfect for a captain, he is one of those alpha males who commands respect, if you are not giving respect to him he is going to make you give it. Unlike Riyad who is more laid back and takes time to think and organize his thoughts, Riyad will never be confrontational and will follow a less risky approach than Tamim. I feel Tamim's gambles can yield a lot but also create a lot of risky situations.

I think I will be watching this BPL to compare their captaincy more, Tamim has captaincy in his blood. I just feel he is one of those who are born to lead, but he is too risky. Riyad will be more suitable as he has a good track record and a lot of people say he is not attacking or is too laid back, all you need to do is watch the ODI series and how Riyad responded to Bairstow when Bairstow sledged the hell out of Riyad and Riyad gave it back in fine fashion and got Bairstow out.

By no means should the captaincy go to Shakib who does not have any inclination or interest in the job, will hate it and please understand he has enough on his plate. He is the team's premier bowler as well as batsman. You can't possibly give him any more role and make his life miserable. In that way, Riyad and Tamim only have one main role as a batsman, so they can focus more on just captaincy and organize thoughts.

Also I think the team is just starting to enjoy success with really talented players coming through, so the next captain will have one of the best records ever as a captain unless he is an idiot. That's why I keep saying the next captain will be the luckiest of all because he is going to inherit all the good work done by Mashrafe and really reap the fruits of someone else's labour. I really hope Mashrafe can win something like Champions trophy and ink his name in history or he might be just remembered as the 2nd best captain in Bangladesh because it might happen that Riyad as a world cup winner might become the best captain Bangladesh has ever produced. Sounds weird doesn't it? But it could be a reality.
Old November 1, 2016, 02:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

^^ So a T20 competition is the yard-stick for Test captaincy? I guess only in Bangladesh.
Old November 1, 2016, 02:39 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket4All
^^ So a T20 competition is the yard-stick for Test captaincy? I guess only in Bangladesh.
So how do u suggest we pick our next captain? Last time I checked, the only way u can reference the captaincy stints of any of the competitors (Shakib-Tamim-Nasir-Sabbir or whoever) is through BPL... we cant see DPL and they havent been playing NCL or BCL.

And if you try to pick a captain based on their individual performance, Mashrafe would have never been the skipper when he did.
Old November 1, 2016, 03:39 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I don't think there would be Pakistan like drama between Shakib-Tamim-Riyad. All of them aren't trying to be the captain. They're true pros, first from this side to emerge and will obey the official order. Mushy on the other had, based in his track record will be a major drama queen.

I made this comment live in MT. The other day Tamim said something to Mizzy and Rahim flippppppppped out. He did not like that fact that Tamim was trying to take charge. He started screaming "Ai tui ki bolish!? Ami bolisee okay edike kortay, tui ota bolish can." Some more blah blah. Duckett himself got annoyed, and made a WTF gesture.

Two things. It made him look like an idiot. The clear panic was obvious to his oppnent. It was super early in the chase. And secondly, it totally messed with Mizzy. A young players should have to deal with "parents" fighting over him in public.

If mushy doesn't get a wicket under 10 overs, he flips out and rest of the 40 overs goes into shambles. No plan B,C,D...
Old November 1, 2016, 03:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Mushfiqur costs us many many games from jaws of victory due to his poor captaincy.... however I think none of the current senior players should be captain except maybge riyad but I don't know how this guy has been in the test squad for so long with the performance that he puts forth. Brother doesn't bowl a single ball and maeks 20 odd runs.... how sad.

Tamim will be a poor captain... his BPL captaincy shows that.... I would leave him alone... Shakib we tried before and i would leave him alone too... that only leaves Riyad as the most reasonable option but he doesn't deserve a spot in the squad....
Old November 1, 2016, 03:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
I made this comment live in MT. The other day Tamim said something to Mizzy and Rahim flippppppppped out.

The clear panic was obvious to his oppnent. It was super early in the chase. And secondly, it totally messed with Mizzy.
You are really pushing for his nickname to be Mizzy, huh? And I'm pushing for it to be "Da Miracle Man" at every chance I get. I agree Mizzy is easier, but Mehedi "Da Miracle Man" Miraz is way cooler! :P
Old November 1, 2016, 04:06 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ That's not a nickname, that's a title brah can't have a nickname longer than his actual name

Mizzy better stick!
Fizz and Mizz FTW.
Old November 2, 2016, 10:05 AM

Interesting read, Not sure how much of truth this report is ... but seems like Mushi's days are numbered.

Quote:

‘ক্যাপ্টেন্সির বিষয়টা নিয়ে মুশফিকের সঙ্গে কথা বলব’, সিঙ্গাপুর থেকে ফেরার পর সোমবার ইলেকট্রনিক মিডিয়ায় বলেছেন বিসিবি সভাপতি নাজমুল হাসান। নিয়মিত অধিনায়কের অনুপস্থিতিতে সহ-অধিনায়কের দল পরিচালনা করাটাই নিয়ম। অধিনায়ক চোট নিয়ে বা অন্য কোনো কারণে মাঠের বাইরে গেলে ডেপুটিই মাঠ পরিচালনা করেন। কিন্তু ঢাকা টেস্টের তৃতীয় দিনের শেষ সেশনে মাঠেই ছিলেন মুশফিকুর রহিম। তবু বোলিং পরিবর্তন আর ফিল্ড প্লেসিং করেন তামিম ইকবাল। এ নিয়ে বিসিবির অন্দর মহলে বেশ নাড়াচাড়া হচ্ছে, সব শেষে এতে যোগ দিলেন স্বয়ং বিসিবি সভাপতি।

কারণ! জানতে হলে একটু পেছনে যেতে হবে। ২৭৩ রানে পিছিয়ে থেকেও চতুর্থ ইনিংসে প্রতিপক্ষ বিনা উইকেটে ১০০ রান তুলে ফেলবে—এটা অগ্রহণযোগ্য। ড্রেসিংরুমের ভেতর তখন গজরাচ্ছেন কোচ, পরিকল্পনা অনুযায়ী যে কিছুই হচ্ছে না মাঠে! পরিকল্পনা ছিল অ্যালিস্টার কুককে কাট শট খেলতে দেওয়া যাবে না কোনোভাবেই। কিন্তু একমাত্র তাইজুল ইসলাম ছাড়া মেহেদী হাসান মিরাজ, এমনকি সাকিব আল হাসানও স্ট্রোক খেলার ‘স্বাধীনতা’ দেন কুক এবং তাঁর সঙ্গী বেন ডাকেটকে। তাই খেলোয়াড়রা চা বিরতিতে ড্রেসিংরুমে ফিরে আসতেই ঝাঁপিয়ে পড়েন উত্তেজিত কোচ। ছক ভুলে বোলিং-ফিল্ডিংয়ের জন্য অধিনায়ক এবং সিনিয়র ক্রিকেটারদের বেশ ‘গরম’ দেন হাতুরাসিংহে। অধিনায়ক এবং সহ-অধিনায়কের জন্য আলাদা একটা ‘সেশন’ও নাকি ছিল কোচের। যদিও ড্রেসিংরুমের কোথাও পরের সেশনে নেতৃত্ব বদলের আলোচনা হয়নি বলেই নির্ভরযোগ্য সূত্রে জানা গেছে।

তাহলে তামিমের অধিনায়কত্ব করার সিদ্ধান্তটা কার? মুশফিকুর রহিমের নিজেরই! বিস্ময়কর শোনাতে পারে, তবে এটাই সত্যি। প্রতি ওভারে ড্রেসিংরুম থেকে কোচের নির্দেশ আসতে দেখে বিরক্ত হয়েই নাকি তামিমের হাতে অধিনায়কত্ব তুলে দেন মুশফিক। টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট এ পরিবর্তনে খুশিই হয়েছে এটা দেখে যে সব কিছু প্ল্যানমাফিকই হচ্ছে, তামিমকে বুদ্ধি পরামর্শ দিয়ে সহায়তাও করতে দেখা গেছে সাকিবকে। বাকিটুকু তো ইতিহাস। অন সাইডে ফিল্ডারদের খুঁটি গেড়ে আর ক্রমাগত লেগ-মিডল স্টাম্পে ফেলে ইংলিশ ব্যাটসম্যানদের আড়াআড়ি খেলিয়ে টপাটপ উইকেট তুলে নেন মেহেদী-সাকিবরা।

চূড়ান্ত ফল দেখে চা বিরতির সময় কোচের ক্ষোভ উগরে দেওয়া, অভিমানে মুশফিকের অধিনায়কত্ব সাময়িক ছেড়ে দেওয়াকে ‘শাপে বর’ মনে হতেই পারে। কিন্তু সব শেষ এ ঘটনা এবং সাম্প্রতিককালের আরো কিছু ঘটনার সুদূরপ্রসারী প্রভাব মোটেও আশাপ্রদ নয়। জাতীয় দলে কোচের প্রিয়ভাজনদের মনেও এ নিয়ে শঙ্কার মেঘ জমে আছে। নাম প্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক তেমনই একজন বলছিলেন, ‘সুসময়ে আপনি সবটা বুঝতে পারবেন না। খারাপ সময়ে আসল চেহারাটা বেরিয়ে আসবে। সেটা খুব ভালো দেখছি না।’

এই মন্দটা তিনি লেখা দেখছেন হাতুরাসিংহের ভবিতব্যে। সাফল্য তাঁকে দিয়েছে অবারিত ক্ষমতা। কোচ যা চান, তা-ই হয়। নিজের সহকারী থেকে শুরু করে দলের ফিজিওর চাকরিও নির্ভর করে হাতুরাসিংহের ইচ্ছার ওপর। ইচ্ছাপূরণের পথে কেউ বাধা হলে সোজা ছোটেন বোর্ড সভাপতির কাছে এবং মেলে অবধারিত সিদ্ধিলাভ।

কেউই তাই কোচের ইচ্ছার বিরুদ্ধে প্রকাশ্যে হাঁটেন না। সে তিনি মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজা কি সাকিব হন না কেন, কোচের ইচ্ছাই শেষ কথা। সুফল যত দিন মিলবে, তত দিন অপ্রতিরোধ্য থেকেও যাবেন হাতুরাসিংহে। এ দেশের ক্রিকেট সংস্কৃতির কারণে ক্ষমতার পরিধিও বাড়বে তাঁর। তবে অসীম ক্ষমতাই ক্ষমতার অপব্যহারে প্ররোচিত করে ক্ষমতাবানকে। সব শেষে মহাপতন!

চন্দিকা হাতুরাসিংহের বিশ্বস্ত এক সেনাপতির কপালেও তাই চিন্তার ভাঁজ, ‘বিদেশি কোচরা সব সময়ই বাড়তি ক্ষমতা পেয়ে আসছেন আমাদের দেশে। এখনকার কোচ তাদের চেয়েও বেশি ক্ষমতাবান। তবে এটা কিন্তু তিনি আদায় করে নিয়েছেন। কোচের সদিচ্ছা নিয়ে আমার মনে কোনো সংশয় নেই। তবে আশা করি তিনি ক্ষমতা মিস ইউজ কখনো করবেন না।’
হাতুরাসিংহের সামর্থ্য নিয়ে কেউই প্রশ্ন তোলেনি। তবে দলীয় সাফল্যে কোচের গুরুত্বই সবচেয়ে বেশি বাড়তে দেখে কিছু মেঘ জমেছে ক্রিকেটারদের মনে, যা মোটেও স্বাস্থ্যকর নয়।
http://www.kalerkantho.com/print-edi...6/11/02/424055
Old November 2, 2016, 10:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I give him the title, Miraz, the Mesmerizer
Old November 2, 2016, 10:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I am going to observe very closely Tamim's captaincy in BPL, I think Tamim made a very strong case for his candidacy in captaincy..

I used to cringe every single time Tamim would speak in the media(4/5 years ago or so). now Alhamdulillah every time he speaks in media, I am delighted
Old November 2, 2016, 05:40 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I give him the title, Miraz, the Mesmerizer
You.are.crazy...

For not calling him by his official nickname, Mizz.
Old November 2, 2016, 05:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Interesting read, Not sure how much of truth this report is ... but seems like Mushi's days are numbered.

http://www.kalerkantho.com/print-edi...6/11/02/424055
Great news if it's true!
Old November 2, 2016, 07:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
You.are.crazy...

For not calling him by his official nickname, Mizz.
It's unofficial bro...lol

I also call Fizz, the Prince of Mirpur...

Actually, I know call both Miraz and Mustafizur, the Prince of Mirpur...

There's already a Mizz in the world...from the WWE.
My mom is crazy about that...so Mizz will not work for her...lol