facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 6, 2012, 03:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Bangalir bhab dekhte hoile Jackson hts e jaben. HS ar college polapain baper BMW, Benz niya khali chokkor mare ar bhangra shune. Ami train dhoira ashi abar train dhoira chole jai. Never had a car of my own and looks like won't have one in next 10 years. Ami chirokal purai kangal.
Lol thik kotha bolsen bhai. BMW park kore pashe dariya ki je futani mare ek ek ta. Amar cousin er ek friend ase o naki ekta bangali gang er member, gang er naam PBZ. Proud Bangaliz. Aie gulare dekhle amar rokto mathai uthe jai

Old April 6, 2012, 03:45 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Safe to say Beamers are ghetto and guys like Tamim will drive it. One of the reasons why i hate bmw
Old April 6, 2012, 03:47 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

You say 'guys like Tamim' in such a condescending/derogatory manner - yet you have him as an avatar =p Appreciation of the player, not the person?
Old April 6, 2012, 03:54 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I don't think those are the right words. But exactly. You get me. I wouldn't have him and his BMW on my avatar.

He is one my avatar, firstly, because of the art and skills that were put into that 100x100, 2ndly because it's Tamim Iqbal the player.
Old April 6, 2012, 09:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Safe to say Beamers are ghetto and guys like Tamim will drive it. One of the reasons why i hate bmw

lol jaar mone jeita. i obviously disagree. it also has a lot to do with who drives it. those bengali kids in j heights would damage image of any classy cars. there is a discovery channel documentary on bmw.. u should watch it..

and dr. zunaid, mohammed choudhury bhai post was actually part of the thread initially which was separated due to the old thread being 3 years ago....But niw its merged again lol

btw tamim is a classy men, i doubt your perception if u dont see it.
Old April 6, 2012, 10:26 PM
Administrator

iDumbleDore - leave the kid alone. With "kid" being the operative word. I bet he drives a low rider 1961 Chevy Impala.
Old April 7, 2012, 02:25 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'll be driving my mom's Lincoln 08 soon. Thank you very much. I'll go get it this spring break. Now that my internship turned into a part time job I can use a decent looking car. Big improvement from Acura rsx 03.

My older brother got all the family old cars. My turn bitch.
Old May 23, 2013, 01:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Bumping this thread for a bit of car talk Bangladeshi Ishtyle.

It seems in Bangladesh its cheaper to re-condition a car then buy a 4 YO second hand car. When I mean recondition, I really mean it.

Engine
Suspension
Exhaust Sytem
Interior
Body Work and Paint

All we start with good chassis and strong body.

I may be wrong. So please discuss.

Just an example

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

1991 Toyota Celsior (Thats a Lexus for us living in the west). Was advertised for 18 Lac ($22,500 US)

BTW we have separate thread for politics and violence.
Old May 23, 2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Bumping this thread for a bit of car talk Bangladeshi Ishtyle.

It seems in Bangladesh its cheaper to re-condition a car then buy a 4 YO second hand car. When I mean recondition, I really mean it.

Engine
Suspension
Exhaust Sytem
Interior
Body Work and Paint

All we start with good chassis and strong body.

I may be wrong. So please discuss.

Just an example

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

1991 Toyota Celsior (Thats a Lexus for us living in the west). Was advertised for 18 Lac ($22,500 US)

BTW we have separate thread for politics and violence.
That is correct, but Mo bhai, getting reliable parts can make it more incrementally expensive. This is all from my experience - Engine is 2nd hand imported whole with gearbox usually in Bangladesh. For Lexus Celsior, a used Japanese imported engine with transmission will set you back around 1.5 lakh in Dholaikhal. Then you have to get hold of a compatible ECU for that engine and transmission. There are very few good engine rebuilders who will disassemble the engine, clean it and rebuild with new camshafts and components. Most work will be done on a lathe without proper attention to sizing and clearances. Even when reassembling mistiris dont have knowledge on torquing the nuts properly!

Regarding Suspension and shock ups that is where I have bigger problems... because i am always on a budget I end up buying Thai/Chinese aftermarket shockups struts and bushings that do not always last. So within a year or 2 of driving you will see cracks, weakness and misalignment. You will see a lot of modifications, cutting and lathe machine work required, for example as spring coils are all 2nd hand, there is higher preference to use Honda Accord springs in Toyota cars, because they are stiffer and more durable than Toyota 2nd hand springs. Things like these can make it a headache to fix up a 2nd hand car.

But, given Bangladesh's road conditions and the stresses the cars go through in BD, you can expect that within 4 years of buying a showroom reconditioned Japanese import, you will need to work on suspension. 6 years for well maintained engine.
Old May 23, 2013, 06:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Thanks ammark. I was using celsior as an example. I want to go for mid range 4 x 4. I need a car for everyday need.

10 lac is my budget. CRV or RAV4 is the type of car suited for my need. I don't know if I can do it with 10 lac.
Old July 15, 2013, 04:20 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Thanks ammark. I was using celsior as an example. I want to go for mid range 4 x 4. I need a car for everyday need.

10 lac is my budget. CRV or RAV4 is the type of car suited for my need. I don't know if I can do it with 10 lac.
I think 10 lac is too low for anything... CRV should be 70 lac RAV4 50 lac and Nissan Blue Bird around 20 lac