facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 9, 2011, 09:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Betaar - I am good for my pledge. I am off to bed soon but if this thing moves, you know i am good for it and can PayPal you.

I was assuming someone fronts the money in Dhaka and we repay him in a couple of days. Regardless - I assume Betaar will receive our PayPal contributions or checks and will then manage the wiring to Dhaka - either Thursday Dhaka time for payment to PA or a day or so later for payment to whoever loaned us the money in Dhaka.

Betaar - some people pledged to have the money sent to you in checks. Some may be Canadian checks. So you won't have all the money collected for Thursday morning. Do keep that in mind.
I should be fine with that as long as people trust me with their money and for my sake they are also trust worthy. So if people are willing, lets start donating, pls pm me and I will send you guys my Paypal address. Just remember to use the personal tab while transferring so we don't get charged with fees. Off to work now, won't be chatting and driving....later.

Last edited by betaar; March 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM..

Old March 9, 2011, 03:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Latest update on the PA advert:

Shuziburo just kick started the initiative back on track. He will have his younger brother, BC member War Wolf, to make a cash payment to PA by the deadline (Thursday 10 am). The total cost for a 6” by 4.5” colored ad on PA’s special WC publication will be tk. 57,600 + vat if applicable. This amount will be handed over to PA for the ad on Friday’s publication.

This is fully funded by some of the BC members who have pledged their donation either by a mssg on this thread or by a PM to me.

Here’s the most updated list of donors:
Betaar, Zunaid, Shubho, Nasim, Shane2k, Kalpurush, shuziburo, Shaad, ialbd and Riankhan.
The total amount from these members’ pledge comes out to be $955 but depending on how these funds are collected, the amount could very well change depending on the fees charged during the transactions.

But if there are others out there who are willing to participate then please let us know. The goal is to collect as much donations as we can so we can create a fund here in BC where any future project will at least have some initial funding to fall upon.

Fund collection:
Since Shuziburo, Shuja bhai, is going to take the risk of paying this whole expense up front, we will need to pay him directly. I think paypal is a good medium (should Shuja bhai chooses to go that route) and make sure they choose the PERSONAL option when sending him fund to avoid any charges. But personally I don’t think we should worry about the charges (I think even after the charges we should have enough to cover the cost) and instead just make sure we pay Shuziburo as soon as we can. We will just wait for him to let us know how he’d like us to make the donation to him. So please wait for his reponse.

Shuja bhai, now the ball is in your court…………………..

Last edited by betaar; March 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM..
Old March 9, 2011, 03:44 PM
Cricket Guru

What happened to the link BC admin created when getting donations? Great initiative like the idea that funds can also be used for future activities.
Old March 9, 2011, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

thanks for taking the initiative Shuja bhai (shuziburo). Just let us know how we can pay the money to you (email for paypal or address for ppl sending checks).

PM these info if you dont want them to be public. Thanks
Old March 9, 2011, 04:11 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Suza vai, please PM me your account info as well
Old March 9, 2011, 04:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Sorry guys this is the first time I went through this thread and realised this massive effort by betaar bhai and shuja bhai. Thanks to Dr Z and Mahir for making the add.

I will donate £50 uk pounds roughly $80 US dollars edit $ US. Please PM me the details of where and how to send the money.
Old March 9, 2011, 04:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Update has been made to my post #102 after Riankhan just confirmed his pledged amount. I must say we have managed to collect a healthy change within this short period. Hats off to everyone......you guys rock.
Old March 9, 2011, 04:16 PM
Street Cricketer

Please let me know paypal details, I am ready to pay.
Old March 9, 2011, 04:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Sorry guys this is the first time I went through this thread and realised this massive effort by betaar bhai and shuja bhai. Thanks to Dr Z and Mahir for making the add.

I will donate £50 uk pounds roughly $80 US dollars edit $ US. Please PM me the details of where and how to send the money.
Wow, another generous donor……thank you. Will PM everyone once we figure out the payment method.

The latest total amount is $1055. Come on guys, lets push for $1500……..

Old March 9, 2011, 04:27 PM

Many thanks to Betaar,Shuja, Zunaid, Shubho, Nasim, Shane2k, Shaad, Rian, Mohammed, Ialbd bhai and Sadi and all other members for the great initiative and the efforts to make it happen. Hats off to you.

I am waiting for Shuja bhai's response how we can pay him - through PayPal or personal check. Shuja bhai, If you send me your details I can send you money order too which is a good option for me as well. Thank you again.
Old March 9, 2011, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Bump. Waiting for updates.
Old March 9, 2011, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Er, who should we be sending money via paypal to? betaar or Shuja?
Old March 9, 2011, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Er, who should we be sending money via paypal to? betaar or Shuja?
Shuja bhai is arranging payment now. Let's wait to hear from him. Hold your wallet.
Old March 9, 2011, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Just spoke to War Wolf, Shuziburo's brother, and he said he spoke to PA's advert guy and they will meet up at 10 am. So I guess we should be all set but will wait for his update after the transaction is done.

But I was wondering if any of our players will actually see this ad since it's coming out on the same day of the game. I wish there was a way we could send a copy to the players' dressing room. May be a BC member or two from Chittagong can help or even Pont or Fountain can pick a copy of Prothom Alo on their way to the stadium and do this for us.
I know the impact of this advert may be very miniscule to none, but even if one player gets inspired that may be the difference between win or loss. Go tigers!!!!!!!!!
Old March 9, 2011, 10:40 PM
Administrator

We can ask Coaches Ian or Julien if they might be able to arrange for copies of the newspaper shown to the team - or at least the ad (the newspaper might have other items that might not be wise to show the team before the match).
Old March 9, 2011, 11:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
We can ask Coaches Ian or Julien if they might be able to arrange for copies of the newspaper shown to the team - or at least the ad (the newspaper might have other items that might not be wise to show the team before the match).
That actually is a valid point. The players may be barred from reading the news paper.......may be they can cut it out and show it to them. Anywho, I am probably putting too much emphasis on this because of the effort we all put in.
Old March 10, 2011, 12:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

they say they are unable to place it on bishshocup er anginai.not in sports page too.only option now is page 10 or 16.what should i do?confirm it?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 10, 2011, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
they say they are unable to place it on bishshocup er anginai.not in sports page too.only option now is page 10 or 16.what should i do?confirm it?

10 is international news, 16 is local news. This is for local coverage - I am ok with 16 if 16 is local news. Ask for a discount since this is NOT on high-value pages and since this is for a good cause. Appeal to their patriotism. Tell them, they will lots of goodwill from several thousand prime constituents both in Bangladesh and abroad.
Old March 10, 2011, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf

That's unacceptable. I don't think it's even worth the cost if it's not on sports related pages. We are missing the target audience. Is it just too big for the WC or sports page, can we go for a smaller size, like 3" by 4.5"? If not is DS an option?
Old March 10, 2011, 01:45 AM

I don't see any point to go ahead with the add (which will be placed in page 16), rather we should collect this money (if you all agree) and save it for future need. Just a thought. I am with you whatever the decision is though
Old March 10, 2011, 01:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Zunaid bhai, I spoke to Mr. Mumit and War Wolf and told them that if PA cannot guaranty sports page or the WC special edition for this Friday then we should pull out. The next option is to go for this Sunday, but accoring to War Wolf PA does not have any space even for Sunday. I think they are now pulling our legs. They can only offer us back page for this Sunday but it will be bit more pricy. So I asked War Wolf to find first, whether sports page or WC edition is a possibility if we shrink the size to 3" x 4.5" or else how much will the cost of back page be for the shrunken size. Can you please speak to War Wolf? His cell # is listed on the email that I sent to all of you earlier today. It's 1 am and I need to get to bed.....thanks much.
Old March 10, 2011, 01:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I don't see any point to go ahead with the add (which will be placed in page 16), rather we should collect this money (if you all agree) and save it for future need. Just a thought. I am with you whatever the decision is though
I totally agree.
Old March 10, 2011, 02:12 AM
Administrator

Let us come up with a concrete initiative and then work towards that goal. It may include revisiting the funding and pledges. While we have lots of eyeballs now during the World Cup, lets collectively opt for one or two good initiatives in Bangladesh and plan towards it. We can do the fund raising then to meet our financial goals.
Old March 10, 2011, 03:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

We got space in the BIshshao Cup er angina on the back page on 12th. On 13th there is space only on inside pages. We have confirmed for 12th.
Old March 10, 2011, 03:43 AM
Administrator

But that is after the game?... We wanted it BEFORE the England game, or was a decision made to do it after? The power of the ad diminishes significantly if it goes after the game. I am urging a cancellation if at all possible at this stage.