facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 19, 2017, 10:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Vaas wanted to stay back with SL.

Didn't know about Ambrose, wasn't he bowling coach for WI during the t20WC?

Old January 19, 2017, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

No actually BCB didnt offer the job to Vaas. I presume Hathurusingha would have wanted his fellow countryman. But the board decided to go with an alternate option. I think it was Khaled Mahmud who wanted Walsh.

Ambrose was the bowling coach of WI, sacked because of lack of in depth coaching knowledge. I think same issue we are facing with Walsh
Old January 20, 2017, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Seems like Walsh trying to build his own bowling unit and undoing all the good work done by Streak. I have a suspicion that he's tinkering with Mustafiz.
Old January 20, 2017, 10:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Today we can decide whether Walsh should stay or not.

If the bowlers fail today I myself being a big fan will not be so inclined to his coaching our bowlers.

Now, decision from BCB is a different story.
Old February 9, 2017, 11:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Legendary no doubt, but look, I have been saying this. Taskin had bowled 6 yorkers against Netherlands in the T20 WC, Streak had used everything to remind them where to bowl and how yorkers were important. Bangladeshi bowlers already had the problem of not bowling full or yorker lengths, after Walsh came I can't remember a single good yorker against NZ in NZ.
WHICH IS ABSURD.

The only ball to take wicket yesterday was a full one AGAIN, AND LOOK AT THE PITCH MAP, NO BALL AROUND THERE AFTER THEY GOT THE FIRST WICKET FROM BOWLING FULL. Walsh has no target whatsoever or he is just not talking to then. Kamrul, Shuvashish, Shafiul all would be dreaming to get in the squad when Streak was here but now they form half or more of the side.

What's MORE ALARMING is that they didn't try bowling full or yorker length in NZ, where the ball is supposed to swing more. What the hell is wrong with these idiots? Do I have a better cricketing mind than all of them? If so, they deserved to be fired. Compare the pitch maps between Streak and Walsh era, you can easily see the picture.

Walsh is 54 years old, he doesn't hold the same fitness anymore to move around too much, he doesn't have enough experience and no he isn't improving any of our bowlers. Along with Mushfique's captaincy, somethings need to change in Bangladesh cricket which are PROVEN TO NOT WORK. When Streak left, I said BCB should beg Streak to stay, now that that ship has sailed, I hope they have some balls and intelligence to see the obvious before it is too late. Atleast talk to the bowlers and ask them to bowl some yorkers, mix up bouncers with full length delivers, when the ball is new bowl fuller outside 4th stump tempting batsmen to drive. How difficult is it really??? And look at the pitch map, they have varied the length like they are drunk, all over the place. Bloody hell! 50% of the time Kamrul has been short he has been dispatched to the boundary, yet he didn't learn, he kept bowling there. What a bloody fool, should be freaking dropped. Oh wait, Walsh likes him and won't drop him because "he asks tremendous questions".
Old February 9, 2017, 11:54 PM
Cricket Guru

I haven't really seen Windies pace legends bowl, but from some clips I've seen from here and there on youtube they really enjoyed bowling them short deliveries aimed at the body/head to rattle the batsmen. I feel like that is the tactic Walsh is trying to drill into our bowlers, but he fails to realize our pacers can't be compared to the WI bred, who had the height, bounce, stamina and pace to make it successful and lethal.

That isn't to say all they did was bowl short/bouncer, but they also bowled some really nasty yorkers but I don't see him imparting that onto our bowlers either.
Old February 10, 2017, 12:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

We need a bowling coach who used to be bit weak and fragile/injury prone like us but had managed to stay fit, who knows very well the mentality of the people around this region and used the condition/tactics well according to the capability to get at least 350+ wickets.

The only name that can come to my mind right now is of chaminda vaas.
Old February 10, 2017, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Walsh is not so effective it seems

We also need a spin bowling coach especially when we have 3 spinners in tests and 2-3 in ODIs
Old February 10, 2017, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Walsh has no idea on spin so our spinners are almost without any mentor. Heck Walsh has no idea on how to coach pacers too.
Old February 10, 2017, 01:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

get rid of him. he is lazy and not a good coach
Old February 10, 2017, 02:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Great player doesn't (usually) equal great coach. Walsh succeeded as a player because of his natural talent, not because he had some profound understanding of the game.
Old February 10, 2017, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Seriously, can we get rid of this idiot already ?
Our bowlers have regressed.
Old February 12, 2017, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Great player doesn't (usually) equal great coach. Walsh succeeded as a player because of his natural talent, not because he had some profound understanding of the game.
Agree with the first comment. But not second. Amongst the WI legendary quicks, Walsh was more about discipline, consistency, accuracy. He had a great understanding of the game, which is why we was also the captain and a mentor for the younger bowlers.

Problem here is-he doesnt have coaching experience. Someone who has experience would probably know how to manage their charges better. Sometimes its more about man management, tactics than technical aspects-sth Streak did.
Old April 4, 2017, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Big problems in the fast bowling department. Despite having all the firepower, Bangladeshi quicks clearly second to SL this series.

Suranga Lakmal is a decent bowler-at best you could add the word very in front of the decent. But he's shown far more intelligence, penetration than our quicks.

Only BD bowler with radar on would be Mash. Fizz making a comeback but not doing as great. Taskin is not in form (Despite the hattrick). Roy was ok, but never going to disturb any batsmen.

Clearly not working out with Walsh. Day and night difference between Bangladesh under Streak and Walsh. How can BCB get out of this situation.
Old April 5, 2017, 02:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Atahar in almost every game with pride highlights that Walsh is the bowling coach.

Sadly both the bowling coach and batting consultant haven't made much progress with the players
Old April 5, 2017, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

We should have gone with Vaas. What was BCB thinking, going with Walsh!
Old April 5, 2017, 07:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Sack walsh.
Go back to the windies and work with our fast men
Old April 5, 2017, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Walsh is lazy.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 5, 2017, 09:31 AM
Cricket Savant

I was wondering. ..

Rabbi, Roy...all went through Walsh, they are good and intelligent bowlers.

Mustafizur came off a surgery, so not back to his best.

Only taskin kept bowling those short balls.

In guyana, we have a proverb which might be useful in this context for Taskin's case.

Yuh can't fose dankey fuh eat grass
Meaning, that it doesn't matter how many times you try to help someone, they will always go through with the wrong things, unknowingly.
Old April 5, 2017, 10:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Wrong analogy. Taskin was superb under streak specially in t20s. Look how he bowled in asia cup. His economy was 6.50 in t20s prior to this match. And if you watched the matches you could see he knew what he was doing. He was bowling to the weaknesses of every single batsmen. Got kohli twice. Now it looks like he is bowling without any plan. Roy, Rabbi are line length bowlers. Taskin is a wicket taker. He needs a coach who got technical and tactical knowledges. I wonder if Walsh is lacking in these regards
Old April 5, 2017, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp

Only taskin kept bowling those short balls.

In guyana, we have a proverb which might be useful in this context for Taskin's case.

Yuh can't fose dankey fuh eat grass
You called Taskin Donkey?

Watch out.....
Old April 5, 2017, 10:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
You called Taskin Donkey?

Watch out.....
No, I would never.
Old April 5, 2017, 11:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

I never liked Walsh, neither as a bowler nor as a coach and I said it here b4. His test records might be phenomenal, but his ODI records would tell you a different story.

I would much rather prefer someone who knows sub-continental pitch well (preferably bowled here with success), was a natural swing bowler, knows seem control and bears good techniques. Walsh had few of them under his belt. He was mainly a workhorse who could bowl tirelessly in test matches. He didn't swing much (WI bowlers seldom do) and bowled length or short-of-good-length balls using his height most times. He was never aggressive like Ambrose and hence you never hear any great player pick him for his ATG 11-Men squad.

C Vaas, W. Akram, A. Javed, S, Pollock, Z. Khan - few of my picks. But don't know who is available for coaching and is cheap enough to afford. I wouldn't bring any pace demons, 6.6` tall giants or gentle-medium pacer (Prasad ) either.
Old April 6, 2017, 01:43 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We need somebody who can expand the skill set of our bowlers and keep our bowlers sharp in their execution of bowling plans. With our boys, a lot of micro management is necessary which Heath Streak used to do by standing on the edge of the boundary during the games. Heath was always talking to our bowlers which is missing now.

I would like to see Mustafiz swing the ball back into right handers consistently. If this isn't something he is comfortable doing then it is up-to the coach to work on this delivery which will make his cutters much more lethal. I also want the Coach to work on Taskin's slower deliveries and yorkers. Taskin has regressed after Heath Streak left and we need him back badly before Champions trophy.
Old April 6, 2017, 02:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Said it long ago, if I'm not wrong i did even open a thread about this.

He has no credentials to be a coach of an international team. No wonder he got kicked out by windies cricket board.

Our bowling has gone downhill since the day steak left the job.