facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 14, 2018, 05:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default The BC Podcast Thread- By Members of BC Forum

Hi guys,

So we finally got it done. Mufi and I chatted for about an hour last Saturday about all things Bangladesh cricket, which is premiering as episode 1 of the BC Podcast. I listen to many podcasts myself, and I absolutely love the unofficial and uninterrupted format of it. So I really wanted to do something similar.

Here it is, but please also do read this whole post for other info!

https://youtu.be/dlHmGlktzlc

Writing is the forum is very cool, but there are things that can only be captured in an audio or video format. This is only a prototype, if we have more guests, I am sure things can be changed depending on available expertise and such.

But my mission statement is simple: I want to have a chat every two weeks with a BC member. Or someone else can be the host, and take over the productions for an episode, I don't mind, I want this to be an open source venture where all BC members contribute.

In the description of the video, I added some timestamps for topics that we covered. But true to podcast format, we do jump all over, and there are many subtopics as well. The best thing would be to listen to the whole thing, from start to finish.

Do let me know your thoughts/opinions/advice/suggestions/questions. I would love to have another conversation last week of June with one of you.

There are no real rules except one which is: no personal talk. If it comes out in the chat because it is only natural to bring some stuff up to break the ice, then I will edit it out for the actual podcast that goes public. Other than that if you are a guest:
1) Have Skype
2) Have ear phones (this prevents echo)
3) Try to reduce any background noise ( I did not do such a good job myself in this,left my air condition on, but I am learning!)
4) Just speak from the heart, whatever that comes to mind. But Bd cricket should be the anchor, once you've place that anchor, you can take off in other directions.

And yeah, that's about it.

Thanks and just a note about this podcast. I really enjoyed talking to Mufi! A great cricket brain, and a very cool and calm logical thinker. The dynamics totally change when you are having a conversation over phone and not text. And I for one, I'm always excited at the prospect of getting to know someone better.

I am sure I am leaving some things out. But I will come back to this thread. Let this be the thread for all things BC Podcast.

Thanks

Last edited by Roey Haque; September 17, 2018 at 07:42 PM..

Old June 14, 2018, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I will be frank.

Poor and creepy opening music/tone..
Creepy English... it’s like Bangladeshi trying to speak posh English..

Heard 2 minute and lost interest.

Why not talk Bangla?
Old June 14, 2018, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Would have been better if you guys spoke Bangla.

So you could express your thoughts and points with confidence and clarity.
Old June 14, 2018, 06:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Ah Roey, you finally did it.

Great job getting Mufi on board. I have listened to the first 10 minutes, I love the way that the conversation has been centered around the 'cancer' of the team.

I usually listen to podcasts as I fall asleep( I'm a big Stuff You Should Know podcast listener) will listen to the entirety of it later tonight.

I wanna thank both of you for participating in something that hopefully will elicit conversations around the forum

Contrary to what SportingBD believes, the conversation in English was smooth. Roey Haque speaks perfect English with that American flavor. I admire the way Mufi answer questions and gets his point across.

Top notch stuff.

Looking forward for more, and hope this becomes a regular thing
Old June 14, 2018, 07:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Haven’t listened to much but definitely held my attention, conversation from what I’ve seen so far was nice, it flows (no weird moments or stoppages). I’ll listen more later tonight, currently at work.
Old June 14, 2018, 08:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

The music sounded like I was in the Whyild West.

Other than that the rest was okay.
Old June 14, 2018, 09:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Thanks Roey for taking this initiative. I really enjoyed talking with him. He seems very different that the regular mushy basher we know. Very intelligent and a die hard fan.

This is our first attempt. So obviously it is flawed. Neither of us ever had any experience doing podcasts. We never spoke before let alone meet each other.

So feel free to critique with an open mind.

And finally apologies for our posh English

Roey felt more comfortable with English. He is more fluent in that. While Bangla is my native tongue but I tried to keep up with him and did it in English so that non Bengali speakers like aklemalp/gowza can listen to.

Onek koshte ek ghonta English e kotha koiya dat betha hoiya gese.
Old June 14, 2018, 09:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Btw what is creepy English? Yeah I get my vocab and enunciation isn’t perfect but Roey is as native English as there can be. Dude sounds like from Philly.

Some people will always criticize no matter what. It’s just us amateurs doing something we are passionate about which is BD cricket.
Old June 14, 2018, 09:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Thanks Roey for taking this initiative. I really enjoyed talking with him. He seems very different that the regular mushy basher we know. Very intelligent and a die hard fan.

This is our first attempt. So obviously it is flawed. Neither of us ever had any experience doing podcasts. We never spoke before let alone meet each other.

So feel free to critique with an open mind.

And finally apologies for our posh English

Roey felt more comfortable with English. He is more fluent in that. While Bangla is my native tongue but I tried to keep up with him and did it in English so that non Bengali speakers like aklemalp/gowza can listen to.

Onek koshte ek ghonta English e kotha koiya dat betha hoiya gese.
That is appreciated
Old June 14, 2018, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, it does feel good to know that members appreciate it. This is supposed to be an open source venture after all. In the mean time, I am thinking of doing one more episode at the end of this month. That is the plan for now.

I get the vibe that the music is iffy. Always open to suggestions, but do make sure it is free for commercial use. You are dead on DinRaat, it is a cowboy type sound. I like old western themed beats, so just went along with it. All the accent stuff is hilarious, Mufi and I can try to change a lot of things to make this production better, but at this point of our lives we cannot change accents to please anyone. We understood each other perfectly, I think that is most important.

Thanks again Mufi for doing this, I thought you carried most of the convo. Was super stoked to hear your perspective on things. Will try to get someone else on the mic before July to hear what they are about.
Old June 14, 2018, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Top stuff the first 5 minutes,will listen later.
You never sound what you sound like on radio or the telephone.
I used to be a dj on a community radio station 2AAA in Wagga Wagga.
First thing I noticed.

No criticisms from me.
As to songs their is no much more power than switching a song to airtists awesome.
As to the music,fine,you have 2 have a tune you are rembererd by.So cowboy music.
We were known for our death metal.
Old June 15, 2018, 01:04 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I msged about this to one of the admins couple years ago with no response. Good to see this happening. We can develop this further in future. And I would love to be part of this sometime
Old June 15, 2018, 03:43 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Great Initiative guys. I love both your energies. My only suggestion, please continue this. I would love to be part of the next one if there is no one else.
Old June 15, 2018, 03:49 AM
Test Cricketer

I really enjoyed listening to this Podcast. Great job Roey and Mufi.
Old June 15, 2018, 04:33 AM
Club Cricketer

Why hang folks for accents? Good job guys. Keep doing more.

Cheers
Siraj
Old June 15, 2018, 05:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Loved it. Great effort and wonderful job, Roey and Mufi!
Want more!
Old June 15, 2018, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement guys.

Even before me reaching out for the next one (as I had some ppl in mind), I see some interest being expressed.That's great! I will message you in your inbox, if we have a finalized a guest, I will announce it here.
Old June 15, 2018, 05:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Great stuff. Enjoyed it. I like the music too, you should leave that in.
Old June 15, 2018, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Thanks! I think I will.

Btw, I am pleased to announce that Rinathq has agreed to be on episode 2! Will probably go down the weekend after this one.
Old June 15, 2018, 08:52 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

you and mufi(if he has the time)should be constant in these podcasts with one bc member every episode
Old June 15, 2018, 09:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Night wolf has a good idea ... I think 3 ppl makes it excellent . This came out good because mufi can constantly talk .

If they two stay and 3rd guest can always take majority of the talk ... or even two guests ..

Good initiative .

But as always I don't like podcast length ..I prefr short segment but I understand the logic behind an hour one
Old June 16, 2018, 03:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I'm in the works of starting my own podcast, but I'd love to join in on this. Question tho, can we drop F bombs or does this need to be G rated for kids?

Also what happens if money from advertising starts coming in (I think you can ask for sponsors once you hit 1000 downloads per episode which is not much given how many Bangladeshis there are).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 16, 2018, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Great initiative. I reckon a regular 20-30 minutes podcast would be ideal.
Old June 16, 2018, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

If we do have 3 people on, I would prefer video. Because with two people, it is hard enough to get the timing right, regarding when to begin a sentence and not cut off the other person. With visual cues, it becomes much easier.

Al Furqan, you can drop F bombs on mic, we are not an official BC sanctioned podcast yet. If that happens down the line, then some censorship may be enforced. Right now I like to call this an open source BC members venture.

I am not thinking about money. It is really hard marketing an English podcast about Bangladesh cricket. That being said, if you do it in Bangla, you have a better shot. Mufi and I were also discussing this, how much easier will it be to get views if done in Bangla complete with Bangla video title. I think it definitely should be done at some point.
Old June 16, 2018, 11:19 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Yea I am thinking we can do a video podcast and it has a good chance of going well and getting big in the long run. Right now those talkshows with ex players and their bs gets tons of views. I cant see why this cant get bigger then those since people here actually do better and more accurate analysis then some of those ex players