facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 31, 2018, 04:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
If the Irish weather service are correct the second innings tomorrow will be rain interrupted, first innings should be fine though and should get a result in.

Cant wait for these games. With the senior side aging I'd almost say I look forward to A team fixtures more as gives an idea to the future. Expecting BD A to win this series easy enough though tbh.
If your pacers can move the ball either through the air or off the pitch, we will roll over and die without the slightest resistance, don't worry.

Old July 31, 2018, 04:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Hoping Saif Hassan dominates...
Old July 31, 2018, 06:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Hoping Saif Hassan dominates...
Might be tough for him to get a chance with all the openers and make shift openers in this squad. Mominul, zakir, shanto and fazle have all had a try as opener at some point in their careers.

Actually looks a pretty decent squad, I especially hope shanto and zakir have good tours with the bat and hope shoriful does well with the ball. Would also like to see afif do well. Obviously want them all to have a good tour but those ones even more so.

Khaled ahmed is an interesting prospect, given his age he’s kind of come out of nowhere so I’ll be watching his performances.

Last edited by Gowza; August 1, 2018 at 01:59 AM..
Old August 1, 2018, 10:47 AM
Test Cricketer

First match abandoned due to rain.
Old August 1, 2018, 11:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Given Irish weather this series might be a 0-0 draw. So yet again our A team will get little to no actual match exposure.

Why can't the A team arrange tours of West Indies or NZ or matches against County sides?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 1, 2018, 03:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Given Irish weather this series might be a 0-0 draw. So yet again our A team will get little to no actual match exposure.

Why can't the A team arrange tours of West Indies or NZ or matches against County sides?
Lay off the cliches. This has been the best summer in recorded history. Literally just had forty days of drought. FORTY. For Ireland thats unheard of. Forecast for last 3 ODI's is good and the t20's, second game is a tad dicey but tbh I reckon if other games get washed out they'll reschedule or rearrange matches to ensure the tour is worthwhile.

Dont get people complaining about weather. It is what it is why the constant whinging....
Old August 1, 2018, 04:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Lay off the cliches. This has been the best summer in recorded history. Literally just had forty days of drought. FORTY. For Ireland thats unheard of. Forecast for last 3 ODI's is good and the t20's, second game is a tad dicey but tbh I reckon if other games get washed out they'll reschedule or rearrange matches to ensure the tour is worthwhile.

Dont get people complaining about weather. It is what it is why the constant whinging....
Its just frustrating and all too common. I doubt if even 25% of games see the full overs bowled.

I hope the forecast eases up.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 1, 2018, 06:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Its just frustrating and all too common. I doubt if even 25% of games see the full overs bowled.

I hope the forecast eases up.
Tim Wigmore researched this before.

75% of matches in Ireland get results and all or nearly all overs in. Reason it seems worse is because we previously only ever got one off or two ODI series so obviously it takes one bad rain shower to wipe out the entire series. Now with longer series more spaced out over the country the chances of this happening, while still existing, are much lower.

Scotland has a 40% wash out rate or something mad like that.

2016 series vs Afghanistan 4 out of 5 ODI's played to completion. Earlier that summer 1 out of the 4 ODI'S we had vs SL and Pakistan were washed out, other 3 no issues.

Last year we had the tri series with yourselves and Bangladesh, that had 6 ODI's total, only 1 was washed out, the first one between ourselves. Rest all got results. WI ODI was a wash out, however even that game should have gone ahead no problems, reason it didnt was due to subpar drainage failing to clear out previous days rain, the matche itself had sunny weather but couldnt proceed.

Test match went by successfully, two t20's vs India had glorious sunshine. Couldve had 3 tours during this summer from May to July and not a day would've been lost (which is quite rare ill be honest but it can happen).

I wont lie and claim it cant wreak havoc, but asians exaggerate this issue tremendously and its annoying. "OMG why host cricket here" "Why pick rainy venue" and other nonsense posts. Do you really think cricket would survive here if 25% of domestic matches even got full overs in? Come on see how ridiculous that sounds.

Its an issue, its frustrating of course, but we get on with it. Sunny weather expected all weekend (Friday is more mixed) and next week has clear skies forecasted.
Old August 1, 2018, 10:23 PM
Test Cricketer

No one has any control over the weather. It can't be helped.
Old August 1, 2018, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Tim Wigmore researched this before.

Scotland has a 40% wash out rate or something mad like that.
That is quite shocking. Source?
Old August 1, 2018, 11:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I wont lie and claim it cant wreak havoc, but asians exaggerate this issue tremendously and its annoying. "OMG why host cricket here" "Why pick rainy venue" and other nonsense posts. Do you really think cricket would survive here if 25% of domestic matches even got full overs in? Come on see how ridiculous that sounds.

I
Is it really an Asian thing? Haha.

Donnie, I apologize. You know I love you and Ireland.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 2, 2018, 02:45 AM
Cricket Guru

I’m sure we’ll get some matches in. with the state of the national team we need some from this crop to have a good tour here to put pressure on the national team players.
Old August 2, 2018, 08:38 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Playing against Ireland A is a waste of time. Its level is still not much better than other top associate teams.

Go TIGERS GO...
Old August 2, 2018, 12:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Any updates on these IRE/BD A team matches?
Is cricinfo not covering them at all?? I am not finding any source for the result updates etc.!
Old August 2, 2018, 12:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Playing against Ireland A is a waste of time. Its level is still not much better than other top associate teams.
We toured BD last year and I seem to recall we nearly won 3 of the 6 matches, that too with some dubious umpiring. Hardly Associate standard. Plus we had a handy start during the last game before it was abandoned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Any updates on these IRE/BD A team matches?
Is cricinfo not covering them at all?? I am not finding any source for the result updates etc.!
Cricinfo are covering them. Check CI's twitter too.
Old August 2, 2018, 01:32 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Any game is better than sitting home. At least we got a tour, and Ireland condition is challenging. So not a waste of time i think
Old August 2, 2018, 01:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Irish conditons will be good for our boys. But they need more tours to places like NZ or SA if not AUS or ENG. and from this tour they need List A matches that go at least 40 overs a side. 25 or 30 over games will just be a waste if it comes to that. There is a already a T20 component of the tour and no first class matches.

I’m hoping Shoriful steps up. We need quality quicks in the national team asap. Been stuck on Rubel and Shafiul for too long.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 2, 2018, 02:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

Cricinfo are covering them. Check CI's twitter too.
Thank you, brother Donald. I will check cricnfo tonight. I am really excited about this tour!
Old August 2, 2018, 02:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Any game is better than sitting home. At least we got a tour, and Ireland condition is challenging. So not a waste of time i think
Quote:
Irish conditons will be good for our boys. But they need more tours to places like NZ or SA if not AUS or ENG. and from this tour they need List A matches that go at least 40 overs a side. 25 or 30 over games will just be a waste if it comes to that. There is a already a T20 component of the tour and no first class matches.

I’m hoping Shoriful steps up. We need quality quicks in the national team asap. Been stuck on Rubel and Shafiul for too long.
True. It is very good to tour Ireland and the seam condition/pitch there are great.
Also yes Al-Furqaan bhaiya, I agree - we need to play first class matches...4 day matches! Matches that allow the batting team to play and sustain long innings (whether our team gets bowled out in 10 overs or not).
Old August 3, 2018, 06:42 AM
Cricket Guru

BD A currently 0/136. Zakir 81, saif 35. Zakir going at 100+ strike rate, saif going at 50...24 overs bowled.
Old August 3, 2018, 06:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Not sure why shanto is sitting out, taskin is also on the bench and so is afif.
Old August 3, 2018, 06:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Saif out for 37, Mominul in now
Old August 3, 2018, 07:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Zakir on 92 striking at 100, Mominul on 4 striking at 26
Old August 3, 2018, 07:08 AM
Cricket Guru

1/160, 30 overs
Old August 3, 2018, 07:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Zakir missed his century, out for 92, mithun out for a duck. Mominul on 14, al Amin on 4. 3/174