facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 20, 2013, 05:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

The sick management will change only one of the opener for Tamim , rest will be the same !! After this humiliation the Selectors should resign !!

Old April 20, 2013, 07:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Af, the comment about Robiul, ektu beshi hoye gelo na?
I didn't base it purely on numbers, but rather the quality of his bowling.

1) 9 for 155 or whatever he had, very good figures regardless of what kind of pitch it was and the strength of the opposition (can we question it after losing by 335?).

2) his lines. this is the premier marker of how good a bowler is. line is harder to maintain than length and various lengths can all get you wickets (yorker, full, length, back of) but there is really only one line that get you wickets. Robiul had a better line than a Columbian drug lord.

3) the number of times he beat the bat, hit the pads, and had genuine shouts for lbw.

4) how he fared compared to the other seamers in the game which was Robiul >> Jarvis >> daylight > moonlight >> Meth = Shingi >> limelight >> Rubel.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 20, 2013, 07:15 PM
Banned

Is Nazmul well now ?
Why wasn't Tamim picked ?
Old April 20, 2013, 10:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Murphy's Law was in full force. Everything that could go wrong, did.
[LIST=1]
[*]We dropped lollies on the first day. [*]Our batsmen could not curb their attacking instinct in either inning. [*]Our batsmen did not learn from their first-inning mistakes.
When you repeat an act over and over again that can not be called mistake. They are not simply capable to do so. lets sink in deep,

1. When Brendan Taylor was picking singles mushy was focused on saving boundary. The bowlers were stuck to plan that wasn't working. BD bowlers and their leader lacks idea or more specifically innovation.
2. When ZIm bowlers were dominating BD batsmen they couldn't come up with a different idea or plan to unsettle them. Being a international players they should have anticipated what would be opposition's plan of attack.
3. We were way too predictable for Zimbabwe
4. Think tank is so preoccupied with their game plan that they can not cope when situation slips out of their grip. They absolutely don't have any clue on how to respond to situation when its not according to their plans. This is because they lacks instinct.

IMO, we have been outplayed solely for above reasons.
Old April 20, 2013, 10:43 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

First of all the changes i want to see:
Tamim in for Nafees
Mominul in for Ryad
Sajidul in for Rubel

As for the game i don't think we are as bad as this performance suggests. On most occasions one would expect one of Mushy, Nasir, Shakib, Ryad to score at least a half century. We had six centurians in the lineup and they all failed in both innings.

I didn't like the team and the batting order. You cannot play an out of form batsman at no. 4 and another player coming off a long break at no. 5. These two players needed to be separated in the batting order with some solid players in between. Rubel wasted the new ball in the first innings and it's time we tried someone else who is able to take wickets.
Old April 21, 2013, 12:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

They were much better than us in all aspects of the game and the final result reflects that fact. Other than Robiul of all people, none of our bowlers troubled them with sustained pressure, and Mushfiq's propensity to ease whatever pressure out there added to the problem. The less said about about fielding the better. Simply cannot win test matches without taking catches and getting 20 wickets. Mushfiq's moronic decision to bowl first on a pitch set to deteriorate put us behind the 8 ball from the start. Only Robiul prevented an innings defeat. Enam did reasonably well but missed out on the day 4 and 5 pitch. Sohag was woefully toothless.

Batting-wise, it is simply stupid to expect more from openers like mi and Mfees. Technically inadequate with the temperament of pesky little Poodles in heat, they did the very best they could at this point. Sir Md. Ashraful Matin, KRT looked better in comparison but failed in the end as expected. Shakib looked out of it after his layoff but I'm sure he'll get his groove back sooner than expected. Until then, we simply have to put up with him trying. Nasir feels the "pressure" to beat Zimbabwe and failed to respond positively. Maybe he should imagine Zimbabwe to be South Africa to play well. Riyad is horribly out of form and needs a looong @$$ rest. What could we've possibly expected in light of such batting?

Tamim or no Tamim, get ready for a ZimWash, guys. Heads will roll after this tour.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 21, 2013, 12:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

We'll prolly lose the Tests 2-0, and win the ODIs 2-1 or 3-0. Bulaway is like our home away from home.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 21, 2013, 12:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We'll prolly lose the Tests 2-0, and win the ODIs 2-1 or 3-0. Bulaway is like our home away from home.
That'll happen only if Shakib gets his groove back by then. Nasir not feeling "pressure" and Mushfiq coming out of his predictable down cycle will help. If not, I see a 2-1 Zimbabwe win.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 21, 2013, 12:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

In all honesty, I thought they batted Pretty well until the end of Day 2. They(Nafees and Jahurul) were playing proper cricket shots and timing it beautifully. We were a little bit extra ultra defensive in the early morning(5 maiden overs in a row?, there were a couple of deliveries with proper timing could have gone for four....) which signaled the opposition to attack and destroy like they came out on war or something.

Even if Zimbabwe got 389, until Day 2, it looked pretty good. Let's say it was acceptable to say the least.
Old April 21, 2013, 01:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
- SN is still better than Kayes, but Junaid is probably better
It's like saying Ram Chhagol is still better than Chhagol, but Khashi is probably better

Eheno korun obosthay amra test cricket kheli.
Old April 21, 2013, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

আমাদের হারের ময়না তদন্ত? আমার মনে হয় একটি ময়না তদন্ত করে সেটাকে কমন ময়না তদন্ত হিসেবে চালিয়ে দেয়া যায় সহজেই। এত কষ্ট করার দরকার কি? আমরা তো একই ভাবে সব ম্যাচ হারছি, তাই না?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 21, 2013, 04:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
In all honesty, I thought they batted Pretty well until the end of Day 2. They(Nafees and Jahurul) were playing proper cricket shots and timing it beautifully. We were a little bit extra ultra defensive in the early morning(5 maiden overs in a row?, there were a couple of deliveries with proper timing could have gone for four....) which signaled the opposition to attack and destroy like they came out on war or something.

Even if Zimbabwe got 389, until Day 2, it looked pretty good. Let's say it was acceptable to say the least.
Yes Jahurul/SN played well at the end of Day 2. What the problem was in the morning session was that they had a mindset of 'playing defensive'. Cricket doesn't work like that. You play according to the balls. The ball that had width the batsmen just left it. After getting bogged down they had an urge to hit big to get out of trouble.

Thats where the problem lied. Thats why wickets fell. Also we only deal in boundaries, need to pick up single here and there like Brendon Taylor.
Old April 21, 2013, 04:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
First of all the changes i want to see:
Tamim in for Nafees
Mominul in for Ryad
Sajidul in for Rubel

As for the game i don't think we are as bad as this performance suggests. On most occasions one would expect one of Mushy, Nasir, Shakib, Ryad to score at least a half century. We had six centurians in the lineup and they all failed in both innings.

I didn't like the team and the batting order. You cannot play an out of form batsman at no. 4 and another player coming off a long break at no. 5. These two players needed to be separated in the batting order with some solid players in between. Rubel wasted the new ball in the first innings and it's time we tried someone else who is able to take wickets.
You just spoke of my mind.

Thank you so much for saving my time and energy.
Old April 21, 2013, 04:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Bechara Ash, gave a decent performance (better than all the batsmen combined) and yet you want him dropped ...
Old April 22, 2013, 10:58 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
SN --> Tamim
Riyad --> Mominul
Rubel --> Sajidul

No other changes.
I can go with this.
Old April 22, 2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Yeh Ash was our highest run scorer this test match, and the only one out of the bunch that seems to be able to play in a bouncy pitch.
I know. But, I thought that if we drop someone, it might as well be him!
Old April 22, 2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I think even Firdose Moonda implied that Mahmudullah will be dropped for the next game. Mind boggles me how we were trailing by 390 and he decides to hit boundaries by smashing the ball over mid wicket. Stupidity
His dismissal probably upset me the most.
Old April 22, 2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
yeah, I would give him an A.
Robiul definitely deserved an A. He used his brain and limited arsenal to bowl his heart out.
Old April 22, 2013, 12:06 PM

In tests, you have to attack. If the batsmen are playing attacking shots, you can put a more defensive field. But, you'll not get wickets unless you set attacking field when batsmen are playing a test-type inning.
Old April 22, 2013, 03:26 PM

This team has big problems when facing an unexpected situation. They need to learn deal with the situation when a curveball is thrown at them.