facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 14, 2011, 11:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

With the way Riyad is playing, I won't be surprised if Alok comes back for the West Indies tour in October. If Alok comes back mentally fit and positive, he could still give us great service. He's got all the ability in the world plus experience. Hope he comes back strong.

Old August 14, 2011, 11:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I haven't given up on Riyad yet and still see him as a future Captain for Bangladesh. But the boy has got to drive out of Sissyville, Siddons sent him there, and perform his way up to number 4 in tests and ODIs. He has batted like the batsman he can be as recently as the post WC tour of Australia, especially when Shagor and I watched him bat up the order from the stands, and can do it again.

He bowls better in tandem with Shakib and knows how to use favorable conditions to get wickets. That being said, his fielding has gone to shite.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 14, 2011, 11:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

ki aashai baadhi khelaghor...bedonar baaluchoray!! nothing to say!!...
Old August 14, 2011, 11:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I haven't given up on Riyad yet and still see him as a future Captain for Bangladesh. But the boy has got to drive out of Sissyville, Siddons sent him there, and perform his way up to number 4 in tests and ODIs. He has batted like the batsman he can be as recently as the post WC tour of Australia, especially when Shagor and I watched him bat up the order from the stands, and can do it again.

He bowls better in tandem with Shakib and knows how to use favorable conditions to get wickets. That being said, his fielding has gone to shite.
Riyad's bowling has been very good. Much better then Razzak's leg side boundary ball garbage. Shakib should really have Riyad bowling a lot more. With proper backing he could be more then a handful with the ball.

I heard that Riyad is reluctant to bat at #4 though. I heard that he prefers to bat at #5 but since Shakib bats there, he then has to bat at #6/7 then. I think like you said he has to bat his way up. I think it's time that Shakib puts his hand up and bats at #4. I mean since he's in the middle while the team is collapsing, might as well come in earlier rather then later. Plus he's shown he our best batsman in rotating the strike which is what we need at #4.
Old August 14, 2011, 11:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The aforesaid reluctance proves to me that he's still in Sissyville. Shubhagauto, a natural finder of gaps and singles, can switch gears when need be and can be the ideal 6 or 7 at this beginning of his international career. Alok at his best, is also ideal at number 6.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 14, 2011, 11:46 PM
Cricket Guru

I think 6 or 7 would be a perfect place for Shuvagoto to start with and with Riyad struggling, it's the best time to try him out. We really need a guy who doesn't get bogged down and keeps on rotating the strike and hits boundaries on a regular basis, especially down the order when there isn't as much time to settle in. I believe that Riyad, is guilty of not rotating the strike enough from game to game. So hopefully Shuvagoto does a better job.
Old August 15, 2011, 12:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I think 6 or 7 would be a perfect place for Shuvagoto to start with and with Riyad struggling, it's the best time to try him out. We really need a guy who doesn't get bogged down and keeps on rotating the strike and hits boundaries on a regular basis, especially down the order when there isn't as much time to settle in. I believe that Riyad, is guilty of not rotating the strike enough from game to game. So hopefully Shuvagoto does a better job.
Shuvagoto's list A record is very poor. We should have tried him in test cricket.
Old August 15, 2011, 12:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Sohel Bhai, knowing you are aware of the strength and weakness of most of our players, how do you rate S.Hom in the following categories?
1. Mental Strength
2. Ability to play big knocks
3. Ability to rotate strike
4. Ability to go bonkers when needed
5. Tendency of brain farts
Old August 15, 2011, 01:05 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Shuvagoto's list A record is very poor. We should have tried him in test cricket.

Check his DPL stats...u will be surprised, plus, the quality of DPL is way better than Ncl od

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old August 15, 2011, 05:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Allah, please don't let it be 3-0 !
Old August 15, 2011, 05:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
This is from another post I made:

Only through darkness and pain can you achieve greatness, it won't be handed to you on a plate. Talent can only take you so far. You need commitment, dedication and self belief, and the belief that anything is possible. Take Malinga's Double Hat-trick, that was an act of not giving up, and for not standing down. Sports is like war in some respects, and the more you stand up and the bigger you courage and heart, the more you will turn heads. Did we give up against New Zealand defending 174? No. And although we might not always defend those scores, you must try, and if you try, there is nothing else anyone can ask you for. You can't blame someone for trying their hardest and losing, but I for one do not want to accept giving up before the match is even lost. Our Tigers will make us proud, they will make Bangladesh proud, and I hope for their sakes, they make themselves proud. Whether we like it or not, even the best won't perform all the time, but what they do is they try. You pick yourself up, shake the winning teams hands, and you come back to fight another day. We might not be the best, but I sure as hell am always proud of Bangladesh cricket. When I talk with my mates and there like ''What has Bangladesh done?'' I hold my head up high, and I say ''More for us Bengali's than any of you can ever imagine''. We are a country full of passionate people, and passionate we shall remain for our lifetimes, and the cricketers we have want to perform, they want to do well. They may not be Steyn's, or Cook's or Sewhag's, but what they are is a team which has given so much to our nation, they are the one consistent source of happiness you can find, and at least every year, when we perform to our abilities, it is like Eid is here once more. We don't need to be like India or any other nation for that matter. We need to be ourselves, and only then can we truly excel.
Wow BG, I am impressed! Good stuff
I BELIEVE
Old August 15, 2011, 05:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
This is from another post I made:

Only through darkness and pain can you achieve greatness, it won't be handed to you on a plate. Talent can only take you so far. You need commitment, dedication and self belief, and the belief that anything is possible. Take Malinga's Double Hat-trick, that was an act of not giving up, and for not standing down. Sports is like war in some respects, and the more you stand up and the bigger you courage and heart, the more you will turn heads. Did we give up against New Zealand defending 174? No. And although we might not always defend those scores, you must try, and if you try, there is nothing else anyone can ask you for. You can't blame someone for trying their hardest and losing, but I for one do not want to accept giving up before the match is even lost. Our Tigers will make us proud, they will make Bangladesh proud, and I hope for their sakes, they make themselves proud. Whether we like it or not, even the best won't perform all the time, but what they do is they try. You pick yourself up, shake the winning teams hands, and you come back to fight another day. We might not be the best, but I sure as hell am always proud of Bangladesh cricket. When I talk with my mates and there like ''What has Bangladesh done?'' I hold my head up high, and I say ''More for us Bengali's than any of you can ever imagine''. We are a country full of passionate people, and passionate we shall remain for our lifetimes, and the cricketers we have want to perform, they want to do well. They may not be Steyn's, or Cook's or Sewhag's, but what they are is a team which has given so much to our nation, they are the one consistent source of happiness you can find, and at least every year, when we perform to our abilities, it is like Eid is here once more. We don't need to be like India or any other nation for that matter. We need to be ourselves, and only then can we truly excel.
I wish our players would listen to your motivational speech. But the truth is our players seriously lack passion, dedication, self belief and hunger for success unlike our fans do. We have got some serious issues going on within the team which is clearly visible. We really need to sort it out for long term benefit. Otherwise, we have to be happy with every now and then victory.
Old August 15, 2011, 06:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

fans here need some chillin....they are just going overboard
Old August 15, 2011, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

the team is fine. just ash should be replaced with hom. nasir should get to bowl too
Old August 15, 2011, 07:22 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ei match harle ami full pagol hoye jabo...

Old August 15, 2011, 08:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

kalkeo amra.........
Old August 15, 2011, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

This series is gone...

Old August 15, 2011, 09:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ZimSlog

After poor performances by the top order, I'd make a few changes to the starting XI for tomorrow: 1. Kayes 2. Mushfiq(to play as 'Tamim protector') 3. Tamim(if an early wicket doesn't fall Vitori will be out of the way and TIK can bash the other bowlers) 4. Nafees 5. Nasir 6. Ashrafail(last chance) 7. Shakib 8. Hom(don't know the lad, but Riyad is out of form) 9. Razzak 10. Shafi 11. Rubel

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 15, 2011, 09:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Zimbabwe are playing razzak too easily. He's in the team for his bowling and he's not performing. So I'd replace him with Nazmul Hossain.

I'd also like to see Shuvgato play, probably in place of Ash. But as others have said, Shuvgato is more of a longer version player and should have been tried out in the tests..

Also, either Imrul or Tamim needs to be dropped and replaced by Zunaed (Nafees gets one more chance in my book because of his form in the 1st test)...
Old August 15, 2011, 09:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

Ntv just now reported BCB urgently seek report from the tour''s chef the mission Shafiqur Rahman Munna about teams Poor performance and also skipper's performance.They will call urgent meeting even during this series and try to find the reason for debacle performance by BD team.

IMO Moronic decision by BCB,they should do all this after the series end.
Old August 15, 2011, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

My Team:

1. Mushfique (WK & Opener)
2. Nasir (Opener)
3. Tamim
4. SN
5. Imrul
6. Shakib
7. Shuvagoto
8. Mahmudullah
9. Shuvo
10. Nazmul
11. Rubel

Send in two right handers to see how Vitori bowls.
Old August 15, 2011, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir
Ntv just now reported BCB urgently seek report from the tour''s chef the mission Shafiqur Rahman Munna about teams Poor performance and also skipper's performance.They will call urgent meeting even during this series and try to find the reason for debacle performance by BD team.

IMO Moronic decision by BCB,they should do all this after the series end.
Shakib er khobor ase. Notun captain khuja shuru korbo naki?
Old August 15, 2011, 10:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

This will sound like a sombre prediction, but unless Shakib behaves with a bit more humility (as well as addressing the problem of "cliques" in the team) he will lose the captaincy within a year...
Old August 15, 2011, 10:35 AM
Club Cricketer

dont blame shakib for the losses because he didn't get the team he wanted.
Old August 15, 2011, 10:55 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
fans here need some chillin....they are just going overboard
How not to go overboard, while looking at a potential Zimbabwe-wash! However, the team now needs to show what they are made off. Each player should take one match at a time, applying oneself fully. They have not done that in three straight matches...