facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2014, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

ক্রিকেটের তিন নব্য ‘জমিদার’-এর বিতর্কিত প্রস্তাবটি তোলা হবে দুবাইয়ে অনুষ্ঠেয় আইসিসির ২৮-২৯ জানুয়ারির সভায়। ওই সভা সামনে রেখে নিজেদের অবস্থান ঠিক করতে গত সোমবার ডব্লুআইসিবির পরিচালকেরা টেলিকনফারেন্স করেছেন। বাংলাদেশ সময় কাল রাতে আবারও। অথচ এমন জরুরি একটা বিষয়ের গুরুত্বই যেন বুঝতে পারছে না বিসিবি! আজকের বোর্ড সভার আলোচ্যসূচিতে এটি আছে। তবে সঙ্গে আরও ১৪টি বিষয়। বোর্ড পরিচালকেরা সভা করতে যাবেন বিতর্কিত ওই প্রস্তাব সম্পর্কে পুরোই অন্ধকারে থেকে। ৯ জানুয়ারি আইসিসির আইডিআই (আইসিসি ডেভেলপমেন্ট ইন্টারন্যাশনাল কনফারেন্স) সভায় বিষয়টা নিয়ে আলোচনা হলেও সে সভা থেকে ফিরে কাল পর্যন্তও এ নিয়ে কারও সঙ্গে আলোচনা করেননি বিসিবি সভাপতি নাজমুল হাসান। এ নিয়ে পরিচালকদের মধ্যে চাপা ক্ষোভও আছে।

আজ বোর্ড সভায় নিজেদের সে অবস্থান শক্তভাবে তুলে ধরবেন পরিচালকেরা। তবে বিসিবিতে এমন গুঞ্জনও আছে, ভারতের কাছে এর মধ্যেই প্রস্তাবে সম্মত হওয়ার প্রতিশ্রুতি দিয়ে রেখেছে বিসিবি।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%B0%E0%A7%87

Old January 22, 2014, 10:43 PM
Cricket Sage

So should we start hating Papon based on rumor? Or can we wait few more days before we start hating him for betraying the nation and the fans?
Old January 22, 2014, 10:43 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Thanks to the prothom alo news coverage there will be a lot of public pressure now on the BCB not to give in to this proposal. I hope we stand up to BCCI and do the right thing for the betterment of the game itself and not for individual gains.
Old January 22, 2014, 10:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Putting pressure on BCB which I agree we all should do.

But accusing someone selling the vote against the interest of the country is much more serious matter. If it turns out to be true, kudos to Prothom Alo and shame to Papon. if it truns out to be false then other way around i.e. shame to PA and kudos to Papon.
Old January 22, 2014, 10:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Putting pressure on BCB which I agree we all should do.

But accusing someone selling the vote against the interest of the country is much more serious matter. If it turns out to be true, kudos to Prothom Alo and shame to Papon. if it truns out to be false then other way around i.e. shame to PA and kudos to Papon.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. True or false, PA did the right thing! The cricketing survival of the country is at stake. Its about us as a nation, not individuals. If the blood of lakhs is an affordable price to pay for the liberation of country, the 'honor' of one politician is but a small price to pay for our cricketing existence.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 22, 2014, 11:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Desperate times call for desperate measures. True or false, PA did the right thing! The cricketing survival of the country is at stake. Its about us as a nation, not individuals. If the blood of lakhs is an affordable price to pay for the liberation of country, the 'honor' of one politician is but a small price to pay for our cricketing existence.
Well AF, if PA is correct then we have no disagreement.

But I guess we have to agree to disagree in case PA wrongly accusing Papon. To achieve something there are right way to do things and wrong way to do things. And I believe you don't need to do character assassination (wrongfully) to create some pressure to BCB.

May be PA is right based on information they got, but my heart still wants to believe that Papon cannot go so low. If he indeed sell the vote, it will be a shocking news for me to absorb. How can a person who grew up being a cricket fan from his childhood (Papon) can do that?
Old January 22, 2014, 11:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Well AF, if PA is correct then we have no disagreement.

But I guess we have to agree to disagree in case PA wrongly accusing Papon. To achieve something there are right way to do things and wrong way to do things. And I believe you don't need to do character assassination (wrongfully) to create some pressure to BCB.

May be PA is right based on information they got, but my heart still wants to believe that Papon cannot go so low. If he indeed sell the vote, it will be a shocking news for me to absorb. How can a person who grew up being a cricket fan from his childhood (Papon) can do that?
Ever heard the phrase nice guys finish last? It is a true maxim. How many dictators were felled by politely asking them to reconsider? Fire must be fought with fire. If Mujib, Zia, and Osmani were polite cowards we'd having this conversation in Urdu right now. Plesse remember that.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 22, 2014, 11:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Ever heard the phrase nice guys finish last? It is a true maxim. How many dictators were felled by politely asking them to reconsider? Fire must be fought with fire. If Mujib, Zia, and Osmani were polite cowards we'd having this conversation in Urdu right now. Plesse remember that.
I think you are missing my point. I am not expecting to be "polite and coward". You don't need to be polite or coward to be truthful. On the other hand if you are a lair then you are most likely a coward.

I prefer to be "truthful and bold" rather than "lair and deceiving and coward". In my opinion PA is either "truthful and bold" or "lair and deceiving". We will see which one they are within few more weeks.
Old January 22, 2014, 11:47 PM
Cricket Sage

This is essentially a sporting war of aggression declared by the big 3. If the PA can use deceit to get us to a favorable position I'm all for it. All is fair now. We'll see how enjoyable moral clarity is when tussling with Uganda for the 7th place in intercontinental cup.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 23, 2014, 12:00 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Well those who read BD news papers regularly would always take any news without a credible source with a pinch of salt. Dramatization and playing to nationalist sentiments is bread butter for our news paper reporters and bloggers. Right now the dramatization will help us create a public opinion against the draft proposal which is good. The previous president made a deal with Pakistan ignoring the security needs of our players so it won't be too surprising if BCB gives in to pressure from BCCI. Public pressure generated from reports is a necessary tool to prevent this from happening.
Old January 23, 2014, 01:55 AM
Cricket Legend

I am not a Papon critic, but surely todays meeting will test his guts and integrity. A support for the ICC draft proposal could see him in dismay.

I am waiting for the outcome of the meeting.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 23, 2014, 09:25 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I am not a Papon critic, but surely todays meeting will test his guts and integrity. A support for the ICC draft proposal could see him in dismay.

I am waiting for the outcome of the meeting.
Please do share the outcome of the meeting. Thanx in advance
Old January 23, 2014, 11:04 AM
Cricket Sage

very disapointed with his interview in "proposal" issue. You looked like mew mew papon Da.... watch your head...

Old January 24, 2014, 12:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
very disapointed with his interview in "proposal" issue. You looked like mew mew papon Da.... watch your head...

The standing of Papon and other BCB directors is as per anticipation. Nothing unusal. A lot more to come...Wait and see..
Old January 24, 2014, 05:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Papon the puppet should migrate to Dubai or wherever. We don't need him.
Old January 24, 2014, 02:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Papon the puppet should migrate to Dubai or wherever. We don't need him.

naah man india is his destination , pura indiar dalal
Old January 24, 2014, 02:46 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
naah man india is his destination , pura indiar dalal
Khomotay thakte hole ektu adhtu korte hoy. Dosher kichu na
Old January 24, 2014, 04:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Mia Bibi Raji, keya kerega Kagi?
Old January 29, 2014, 01:22 AM
Banned for Chronic Account Abuse

Papon cannot make any decisions and should be removed. He sold our country to the Indians and only a letter from Saber Hossain and media forced him to change his mind.
Old January 29, 2014, 10:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamsurm
Papon cannot make any decisions and should be removed. He sold our country to the Indians and only a letter from Saber Hossain and media forced him to change his mind.
What decision he made that made you unhappy? You didn't liked BCB's stand and approach in the ICC meeting?

We have lots of enemy outside our house. For now lets sit tight and all fight together for the common cause instead of try to find a Mir Jafor within ourselves now. When everything will settle down, we will have plenty of time to skin Papon as many way as you want.

So putting pressure to BCC and Papon, definetely YES. Opening our own dirty laundry now? Not yet my friend... its time to be united not divided my friend.

Last edited by Fazal; January 29, 2014 at 12:40 PM..