facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 1, 2009, 04:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I left to work at 219, thought the worst going 100ao, Came back and was surprised that we were in it till 14th over.

Good Batting, Rubel is a bit Raw but he had some very balls that beat the Aussies, He topped @ 145, He puts a little Muscle on Watch out

Old June 1, 2009, 05:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
This match confirms what we've always known:
1) Our bowling is cannon fodder on flat pitches
2) We have a weaker bowling attack this time around: Razzak & Rasel's demise cannot be understated
3) When given free reign, our fearless batting can thwack anyone!
4) We didn't take enough singles
5) We need to wake out of our fielding funk ASAP.
6) We are sorely missing an Aftab/Kapali in the late middle order.

Having said that I really don't want to criticize the batting much. We HAVE to figure out the bowling. Rohit Sharma creames Masree in IPL and he creamed NZ today. Dhoni, Raina, et al will murder our bowling if we don't watch out!
yes sir, missing rasel and razzak is huge. rasel i hope gets his stuff together. when it comes down to it, i would still play them against india due to their experience. fielding has to improve, and that will take 1-1.5 runs of each bowler's economy rates.

india are expert chasers, thought they failed today, against us they will have sehwag and yuvraj. we have to win the toss and put them in. they may collapse due to pressure like 2007.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 1, 2009, 05:24 PM
Cricket Guru

it wasn't a bad performance i would say, we just need to improve on our bowling a bit......
and Tamim is a MASTER BLASTER to the max!
Old June 1, 2009, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I watched most of this match, BD did well to reach 181 runs, if Sakib was there until the end, thy would have reached 200 runs. Bowling and fielding was shabby, I hope that they do not play like this against India and Ireland.

One of the commentators mentioned that the mindset of the players is that it is only a warm up match, but i noticed that Ireland really fought against the Netherlands, and this is the way they will play against BD.
I hope that their Computer analyst analyses the game between Ireland and Netherlands with them
and Jamie, Ireland will fight to the finish, and they feel that they can only advance to the super eight by beating BD.
Old June 1, 2009, 06:14 PM
Test Cricketer

positive shakib, tamim and Riyad with the bat.. not happy with Ash's performance.. 26 off 24 balls just not good enough where you need to score 11 runs per over.. apart from that rest of the batsmen failed to click.. Shakib and Riyad did well with the ball, seamers were expensive.. this is where Ash should've bowled 1-2 overs to reduce the run rate.. overall I'm happy with the result.. I think tigers will give SLK run for their money and most likely will win this one..

Congrats to Riyad for his another superb knock and offcourse Shakib did very well.
Old June 1, 2009, 06:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Shakib Al Hasan

Rasel really needs to just bowl a consistent 4 over opening spell then finish
Old June 1, 2009, 06:22 PM
Test Cricketer

if you compare SLK is actually weaker team than NZ and AUS so we should beat them comfortably
Old June 1, 2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
This match confirms what we've always known:
1) Our bowling is cannon fodder on flat pitches
2) We have a weaker bowling attack this time around: Razzak & Rasel's demise cannot be understated
3) When given free reign, our fearless batting can thwack anyone!
4) We didn't take enough singles
5) We need to wake out of our fielding funk ASAP.
6) We are sorely missing an Aftab/Kapali in the late middle order.

Having said that I really don't want to criticize the batting much. We HAVE to figure out the bowling. Rohit Sharma creames Masree in IPL and he creamed NZ today. Dhoni, Raina, et al will murder our bowling if we don't watch out!

We should send this post to team management ASAP.

Miraz bhai - please send it to Sidons and Co. useing your connection.

Last edited by kalpurush; June 1, 2009 at 07:49 PM..
Old June 1, 2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I watched most of this match, BD did well to reach 181 runs, if Sakib was there until the end, thy would have reached 200 runs. Bowling and fielding was shabby, I hope that they do not play like this against India and Ireland.

One of the commentators mentioned that the mindset of the players is that it is only a warm up match, but i noticed that Ireland really fought against the Netherlands, and this is the way they will play against BD.
I hope that their Computer analyst analyses the game between Ireland and Netherlands with them
and Jamie, Ireland will fight to the finish, and they feel that they can only advance to the super eight by beating BD.
Do they have any other choice?! Only they can do is give a fight before death!
Old June 1, 2009, 06:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

KP, I just stated the obvious. Team management prolly worries about it another level.

e.g.

30% of Mash's deliveries to the right-handed Watson were fulling length. SR against them > 120%
20% of Mash's deliveries to Watson were back of good lengh ...

or
40% of his slower balls were picked up

From this coach will come up suggestions to Mash that he bowl certain lengths to certain batsmen.
In Rasel's case I wonder if he should consider coming round the wicket to bowl his cutters.
Also TI should not be in close. I've noticed he's guilty of lapses. He's outstanding in the outfield with his speed and a canon of an throwing arm.
Old June 1, 2009, 07:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

It was good batting performance by tigers. missed todays game completely just watched the highlight on sky sports 1

Last edited by MohammedC; June 1, 2009 at 07:34 PM..
Old June 1, 2009, 07:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
9.1 Johnson to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, chopped onto the stumps, short and fast, no room, 90mph, he is clearly late on this attempt to run it down to third man, and gets the bottom edge onto the middle stump. Johnson again strikes in the first over of a new spell
13.1 Bracken to Shakib Al Hasan, OUT, and he is finally out! makes room room again, Bracken follows him with a slower offcutter, all he manages is to slice it towards extra cover, where Ponting takes a safe, diving catch
15.2 Lee to Raqibul Hasan, OUT, played on again, Raqibul backs away to try and hit it over cover, Lee bowls a slower bouncer, he bottom-edges onto the middle stump
19.1 Johnson to Mashrafe Mortaza, no run, backs away, Johnson throws it wide, and he is beaten
19.2 Johnson to Mashrafe Mortaza, no run, swinging yorker, too good for Mortaza who has backed away too early
19.3 Johnson to Mashrafe Mortaza, OUT, another one goes, delaying the inevitable, Mortaza goes for the big hoick, gets a thick edge, straight to third man
2.1 Johnson to Tamim Iqbal, 1 run, back of a length, into the pads, turned away to leg for one
2.2 Johnson to Junaid Siddique, OUT, full and fast, and Australia's best bowler strikes, 91mph, Junaid plays all around it, straight as the ball was it takes the leg stump
3.1 Lee to Tamim Iqbal, 2 runs, Tamim continues in his merry way, short, into the body, he lifts the front leg, and pulls, along the ground, and gets two
3.1 Lee to Tamim Iqbal, 2 runs, Tamim continues in his merry way, short, into the body, he lifts the front leg, and pulls, along the ground, and gets two
3.2 Lee to Tamim Iqbal, OUT, soft, too many risks taken, and he pays for it, this was over-pitched, gives it his all, hits it hard in the air, straight down mid-off's throat
See the pattern? Note almost all the instances the batsman got out were in the beginning of overs or a batsman beginning to play a bowler. They come to the crease and thinks of slogfest (other than the Ashrafl delivery) instead of settling down and setting up the overs for a big one after nudging 1 or 2 in the first couple of deliveries. Tantrik mistake. They need to learn the steady the nerves and try Olympic type of relaxation techniques. Heck, even a sniper when is tryping to swipe out your head is ordered to practise proper breathing subconsciously.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 1, 2009, 07:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
See the pattern? Note almost all the instances the batsman got out were in the beginning of overs or a batsman beginning to play a bowler. They come to the crease and thinks of slogfest (other than the Ashrafl delivery) instead of settling down and setting up the overs for a big one after nudging 1 or 2 in the first couple of deliveries. Tantrik mistake. They need to learn the steady the nerves and try Olympic type of relaxation techniques. Heck, even a sniper when is tryping to swipe out your head is ordered to practise proper breathing subconsciously.
I totally agree...Gopal da, you are a champ!
Old June 1, 2009, 07:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Asking rate was 100 thousand trillion they had no choice. I'd take the Junaid who can score 15 of 7 over the Junaid who can't score at all.

We limped to 180, The Attitude they took was very refrshing. If we bat first and put up 180 I'll take it vs Any team
Old June 1, 2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
excellent batting performance barring last few overs but not so good bowling.

though, I don't think bowling was as bad as people here are saying as this was a belter of a pitch.
I loved the fearless assault by tamim ! (couldn't watch the rest of the match)

tamim played like a billionaire !
and got out like a homeless!
Old June 1, 2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

We limped to 180, The Attitude they took was very refrshing. If we bat first and put up 180 I'll take it vs Any team
Ditto.
Against India, if we win toss we should bat first and gibe a big target as Indians seem shakey chasing a big total.
Old June 1, 2009, 07:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Gopal da you are very brainy! You posess the true knowledge of the ancient Bengal...I have the greatest of all the respect for you!
Old June 1, 2009, 08:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Asking rate was 100 thousand trillion they had no choice. I'd take the Junaid who can score 15 of 7 over the Junaid who can't score at all.

Hence my point of trying to maintain inner balance EVEN if we reach the critical line. Paramedics tells this basic thing to calm down and relax even if you are wounded with a nail from a drill machine in the head.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 1, 2009, 08:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

riyad continues to be impressive in these warm-ups.
Old June 1, 2009, 09:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Hey that Kangaroo was chased really well by the RBT. Only Cricinfo needs a new set of spectacles.
Old June 1, 2009, 09:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Only if we could restrict them in 200. Even 200 could create some new permanent brows in Punter's forehead.
Old June 1, 2009, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Gopal da you are very brainy! You posess the true knowledge of the ancient Bengal...I have the greatest of all the respect for you!
bhai, gopal bhar jeita bolse oi typer kothata ashole ami matcher shomoy e bolsilam, i was the one who noticed it first...lol...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
ajob ponting bowler change korlei wicket pore....
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
arekber promanito hoilo.lee ailo rock gelo
lol gopal bhar bhai, nevermind:P
Old June 2, 2009, 12:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

যাই হোক আমি যে তত্ত্ব দিয়েছিলাম বাংলাদেশ তাই করলো।
'আমরাও পারি' ধরনের একটা পারফর্মেন্স দেখিয়ে আজিদের ছাড় দেয়া।
এক ধরনের কূটচাল ভারতকে ধোকা দেয়ার জন্য...।
Old June 2, 2009, 12:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Hey that Kangaroo was chased really well by the RBT. Only Cricinfo needs a new set of spectacles.
lol....well said. Crapinfo at its best. :p
Old June 2, 2009, 12:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_club
if you compare SLK is actually weaker team than NZ and AUS so we should beat them comfortably
ektu details bolben please. how SLK is weaker than NZ and AUS ?