facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2005, 12:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Default An off-day - now get on

Come on, Guys.

This is an ODI game and things like this happens more often than not. No point in being over-analytical.

Zimbabwe had a good day with their middle order clicking and a couple of their bolwers firing away.

Bangladesh had an off-day in both batting and bowling, with some respect restored by the late order (why am i not surprised).

No need to really go overboard in criticising the team unduly. ODIs are tricky customers and things happen.

BD will win the next game and i'll be back to see ---> these bangla fans.

Actually, i miss this board for all these:

You guys are an epitome of joy (Is that Something to do with Joy-Bangla).

This board gets so depressingly gloomy and so much un-bangla-like when you are complaining too much. And that's not good! I hope you have a huge win the next game over.

It gets more and more intriguing - you guys were many times more happy and cheerful even when BD lost by 96 runs in the final ODI.

Now, cheer up. You have a big win in the pipeline ready to burst out.

Laterz.

Old January 20, 2005, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

well said DJ. It was just a off day for BD. Before Eid or on Eid day - they always play bad (u guys know that). May be they think about Shemai, Finni too much while playing

Anyway, I hope next match they come back with the venom they showed against India. Coach/Selectors need to come with a better team. I think bringing Razzak so soon was a mistake (he didnt play in any practice match). He cud have played 3/4th game with Rafiq. He had no clue/confidence when he was hit for 14 runs. Bashar couldnt give suggestions cause he doesnt know. He needed Rafiq then. Anyway, whatever happened, happened. Next match, Rana shud come in aftab's place, Enam for Razzak and Masri in Nazmul. It shud be a good team then.

Go Tigers
Old January 20, 2005, 01:48 PM
Street Cricketer

I completely agree. We definitely have the talent and resource and more importantly the Passion to win and even dethrone the Aussies! Cheer up Guyz!
We are going to defeat all the teams in this world. We lost to Zimbabwe to give them some consolation. One sided contests will make people lose interest in the game.
Old January 20, 2005, 01:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Thank You.

It is only one game. Everybody needs to chill out. People get too high with the high and way too low when we lose. They want anyone and everyone axed, dropped, chopped, kicked if they don't perform one game. I do not understand some of the fans at all!

In Rajin we have a genuine one day openernow . He is technically good enough to see the good balls off and also punish anything that is given to him. Our run rate was always good first 15 overs with him, something we could never manage to do before, either by losing too many wkts, or people not being able to take advantage of field restrictions. With Nafis, we have a good tandem.

Bashar, Ash, Aftab are the best 3,4,5 we have and they will stay on. Aftab is a gem of a batsman. We must continue with him. He will pay dividends. Alok, ideally should be the best no.6. He has evrything that requires to be a good no.6. And yes, he bowled really well. There should be no comparison between Alok and Rana in terms of cricketing abilities. Rana is a decent cricketer. Alok is in diff league. I just wish he can prove all of us right and come out of this mental thing he is going through. Maybe, he can talk to Rajin and how he dealt with simmilar patch.

Our bowling was weaker today minus Masri and Rafiq. Not worried about bowling at all. I don;t think Bashar was very good today handling the bolwers and they did a Ok job for him.

Losing Bashar, Aftab, Alok and Mashud in quick succession doomed it for us today. They were well set, run rate was good, wkts were in hand. I wish the middle order learns quickly how to take singles/twos better in the middle phases of the game. You won't get too many boundaries as the fielders are pretty spread. That part of the game is below average as far as BD is concerned. Aftab, Alok played 28 balls for 4/5 runs. Not good enough. That killed run rate and asking rate started to creep up. Each time you choke the run flow of BD batsmen, they go wild and start swinging.

Still, Chacha and Tapapsh got us close. With Rafiq and Masri in, we would have won this game. No doubt in my mind. We will win the series 3-2.
Old January 20, 2005, 02:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Thanx DJ...

but hei.. don't worry.. this is how True Fans r!

and the anger n frustration u see is always there on the other side of the 'Love-Coin'
Old January 20, 2005, 02:43 PM
Club Cricketer

I agree we will do better in the coming one day matches.
We have to be better fielders and more commited and take it more seriously.
Shouldn't talk about clean sweep at this stage of BD cricket.
I think if we really give 100% then there is no reason for us not to win even with yesterday's team.
I think Aftab need some rest at this point. He doesn't have the experience of Rajin to come back all of a sudden. Every match is making his conficence go down. He is becoming a liability in the middle order.
Old January 20, 2005, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

That we were going to lose at least one match in this series was more than foreseeable. Firstly, we aren't that good, and secondly, Zimbabwe just aren't that bad. Personally, I feel it's better that we lost the first ODI. Now it's time to buckle down, figure out where we went wrong, and do things better in the second match. We can still take the series 4-1, which would still be very good going.
Old January 20, 2005, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

What will happen if we end up losing 0-5 to zimbabwe?
Old January 20, 2005, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

we'll be kicked out of international cricket
Old January 20, 2005, 03:44 PM
Banned

I am ok even if we win 3-2. We all know we are capable of winning 5-0 or 4-1 easily(?) if we set our mind and heart to it.

The main point is to allow us to create an environment of competition whereby some 2-3 players do not start to take their positions for granted. By allowing these 2-3 players (minus MASRI, RAFIQ) to see that they need to sweat for their positions, and by showing the 2-3 players who replace them that they need to perform well in the domestics to get into the team, we are creating an overall competitive environment ---> a precedence for the future.

Not sure what's going on with Kapali though. Maybe we don't see a lot of things as fans (?).
Old January 20, 2005, 03:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by allrounder
From 5-0 euphoria to 0-5 nightmare?

Relax nothing will happen. Most likely we will win the series 3-2 if our players keep their mouth shut and start taking the series/opponent seriously.

Talking about clean sweep (which usually helps the opponents to motivated their players) and taking their opponent lightly is not the way we can succeed.

Taibu may sound arrogant some time, at-least he back them up with his own performance. And Bashar is learning from this 21 years old kid; but unfortunately he is picking-up Taibu’s bad traits not the good one.
Old January 21, 2005, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

I think there is a general concensus:

Alok Kapali and Aftab Ahmad are Shalar Bhai - Ekta Lathi Maara Dorkar
Old January 21, 2005, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by allrounder
No doubt, people will go after your head!
Because you are the only one who made this comment first right?
Old January 21, 2005, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah well I'm still happy... as u can c i havn't changed my Mood.
Old January 21, 2005, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

welll i m still very optimistic...just think abt it...we didnt have rafiq and masri... our main two strike bowlers....when they are bak...we can book them up under 200 and maybe 220 max....and our batting lineup is very capable of scoring 220s.... add couple of sixes from rafiq and fours from masri...and we are good to go............
Old January 21, 2005, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

so for the second team can we expect the following:

nafis
rajin
bashar
ashraful
aftab/rana
alok
pilot
mashrafee
sujon
tapash
enamul

not sure about aftab/rana switch. 2 out aftab, alok, rana will play. mashrafee and enamul must play if we want to win.
Old January 22, 2005, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

You all are right in criticising Alok and Aftab.

However here are my two cents.

A match is all about POSITIVE contribution.

One should realise that Rajin Salah's career was all but over sans that splendid run-out of Mohd.Kaif that helped in no small terms in that historic ODI win to BD.

To a dispassionate observer, it was just a run-out and looking back at Rajin's performance till that ODI, he should've been dropped.

To the more passionate ones, his run-out turned the match in BD's favor and he deserved another chance just for that.

Chance he did get and revived his career he did with a good performance in the final ODI.

The point here is, Alok might've failed with his bat but he still had a positive contribution with ball. I thought he was played as an all-rounder rather than a pure batsman and surely had a positive contribution as a team member.

Aftab failed too, but he should be given a few more chances before being dropped. If he looked good a few weeks back, i am not sure why he can't be good now. Lean-patches are the times when players actually need your support.

They should both be tried for the first 3-ODIs before making way for some other players who in turn, should also be tried for atleast a couple of matches.

The immediate concerns of any team management should be totally non-contributing players, in my opinion.
Old January 23, 2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Thanks DJ..
Old January 23, 2005, 04:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

We can not lose 5-0 with the law of averages on our side, I am sorry but we played bad on the first match and even then we nearly came close wit in 22 runs so alot can be said about the Zimbabwe side.... but we need a settled side... I mean we got Nafis and Aftab new to the scene, Rajin being tried in th opening slot, Bashar clicks in and out, Ashraful still on cloud 158, Alok coming back time and time again and failing, manjural plays well gets dropped, Mashrafe and Rafique bowling alot getting inhured need to be looked after.
Old January 23, 2005, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Actually I am hard pressed to find a "non-contributor" on the 13-14 man squad right now. In the past, Sujon was definitely a non-contributor for long stretches of time (I don't care how passionate fans are about him), but he has now upped his game quite a bit.

They all do different things well, and heaven help Zimbabwe if they all click on the same day. Problem is they aren't consistent, so there are just as many arguments for including someone as there are for the next guy.

The team should be picked based on the wicket, so in Chittagong selectors will be justified in including an extra spinner.
Old January 24, 2005, 10:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Another off-day - now get on!!!