facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 21, 2012, 12:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
^^^ there u go....thats what i meant all this time...will he be willing to teach us the doosra? what if he makes us worser?? so many questions to remain unanswered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You never know, May be Saqlain is being appointed by PCB to pass on our weaknesses and strengths to Pak team, to not to have any problem in the group stage should they lose to NZ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Oh good. Finally Saqlain will learn a trick or two from our world class spinners
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Please don't judge a coach based on his nationality. You have to look at his credentials.

I don't know if Saqlain have any prior coaching experience. And not sure what he can offer in just 3 months. Not too excited about Saqlain but want to hope for the best...
Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
It is a good news, he was one of the successful bowlers when he served his country even in county he did better. So we can hope for the best from him.
Quote:
I agree with you. Historically also, pak ex players haven't ever been able to deliver as a coach. Even in their own country...

If it had to be from Pak, I would have preferred WA for the pacers... That dept needed a boost... And Murali/Warne could have been a better option for the spinners...if at all a spin coach was at all needed before the T20 WC...it's not the time to tweak your strongest dept...Before a major tournament ...
Well, it may just be one match in th WC... But to be fair it's not one...its almost the entire WC dream and count all the failures leading upto WC... Now don't tell me, all of those pitches in Zim, Europe and WI were also not friendly to spin bowling... And if we had to depend on friendly pitches, why do we needed Saklain,,,,?? We already had the best spin attack... So Zaka takes his revenge for not going to Pak...face it...I'm serious now...If he hasn't achieved a target assigned by PCB, why should they be talking about appointing him in Pak cricket??

You may not like to mix politics and sports, but Pak always does..

Old September 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Yup it was a conspiracy to weaken us...
Old September 21, 2012, 01:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Yup it was a conspiracy to weaken us...
Let's face it. If not for those conspiracies by those countries, we'd have been world champion a loong time ago...
Damn you ISI and RAW. And you too MI5.
Old September 21, 2012, 03:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Let's face it. If not for those conspiracies by those countries, we'd have been world champion a loong time ago...
Damn you ISI and RAW. And you too MI5.
CIA ki friend naki?
Old September 21, 2012, 05:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
CIA ki friend naki?
CIA and Mosad ekhono cricket bujhe uthe nai..... let's them have enough ex cricketers to be drafted...
Old September 21, 2012, 06:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
CIA and Mosad ekhono cricket bujhe uthe nai..... let's them have enough ex cricketers to be drafted...
I nominate Shariful Haq Plabon. He can be CIA's 007/Bourne/Tiger.
Old September 21, 2012, 10:44 PM
Cricket Legend

I was expecting Saqlain bashing, and i can understand. But the Kiwi's were well prepared for this, and as BM told in his interview they had practiced against a lot of SLA's at the net. This is where having a good quality off spinner or leg spinner matters. Also easy to blame the wicket for not being spin friendly. But look how well DV and NM bowled. Both of them bowled with a plan, bowled to their field, and also extracted turn and bounce. So quite a lot to work on for Saqlain and RP. But i am not writing Saqlain off. Its just one match.
Old September 22, 2012, 01:32 AM
MLC World Series I

How much can help can you get from a coach for one series/tournament? BCB needs to realize this. Hiring a coach just for a mega event won't do the job!
Old September 22, 2012, 01:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Also needs to work with a wider net of spinners. The ones in the NT are not necessarily the best ones.
Old September 23, 2012, 04:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Bishwajit Roy from Kandy

The spin bowlers are the main strength in Bangladesh's bowling department, which is why their failure leaves the Tigers with little chance of making an impact on the field. Their 59-run defeat against New Zealand in their first match of the ongoing ICC World Twenty20 at the Pallekele International Stadium last Friday was no exception to that generally accepted truth. Questions had already been raised about the Bangladesh spinners' actual potency on pitches other than the slow and low variety. Bangladesh's new spin bowling coach Saqlain Mushtaq however has full faith in his charges, although he was not completely happy with the performance in the first group match. He however held the conditions responsible for the poor showing.

“It was not that bad, but it wasn't that good either. The pitch wasn't helpful for the spinners. Pacers took wickets for New Zealand. The average score on that wicket is 170-plus and it wasn't friendly for spinners, but I think they didn't bowl that well and they didn't bowl that badly also,” explained Mushtaq.

Detail
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=251044
Old September 23, 2012, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

It was more Brendon McCullum than the wicket. Guy scored 64% of the teams runs. He was just in too good a form. He almost started against Pakistan, and had he got going could have taken them close to the Paki total. It was more like Brendon McCullum Vs Bangladesh. Now had we dismissed him early on, game could have been a totally different one, Saqlain would be saying sth very different in this interview.

Having said that we also need to figure ourselves out-add more variety to the spin attack. Spinners also need to play with a better game plan. In T20 they must have a wider repertoire to be more effective.
Old September 29, 2012, 11:06 PM
Cricket Savant

tomader priyo "mor jala" coach Saqlain kaka-r news tews to kichui dila na dekhi

Getting to grips with the doosra
Old October 1, 2012, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Will BCB renew his contract after World T20? He seems to be around RP all the time. RP might want him on a full time basis. But our spinners didnt show any positives. Things have gotten worse. Cant blame it on the wickets either, because spinners from other countries are doing well.
Old October 10, 2012, 07:31 AM
Banned

^ 'Meanwhile, the BCB has extended spin bowling consultant Saqlain Mushtaq's tenure till December. The
spinner had initially joined the national team in July on a three month contract. This means that Saqlain
will be part of the coaching set-up through the series against West Indies in November.'
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/586042.html
Old October 10, 2012, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I want him to stay for at least a year!
Old October 10, 2012, 10:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Has Saqlain's appointment been a beneficial factor to our spin bowling? I have yet to witness some jaw dropping performance in spin attack. He must be here as a coach/mentor.
Old October 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

So far doesnt seem to be any impact. But the same can be said about pace bowling, fielding etc. And also we are judging from two official matches only.

It was an ideal opportunity to give Saqlain a camp with all spinners before FC season starts. Unfortunately Pybus thought otherwise. And again how much can you teach in 10 days training before WI series
Old October 10, 2012, 02:37 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
I want him to stay for at least a year!
Even I would like that.

But it all depends on the WI series. If our spinners put up a poor showing, which is most likely to happen against Gayle and co., I don't think, the BCB will even think twice about extending it any further.
Old October 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Even I would like that.

But it all depends on the WI series. If our spinners put up a poor showing, which is most likely to happen against Gayle and co., I don't think, the BCB will even think twice about extending it any further.
That should rather mean that, they badly need the coach's tenure to be extended ... If they do very good, that should mean, they have learnt enough and the coach's job is done. No..??
Old October 10, 2012, 02:55 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
That should rather mean that, they badly need the coach's tenure to be extended ... If they do very good, that should mean, they have learnt enough and the coach's job is done. No..??
Well one can think that way too. But BCB hired him on a short term basis, and that too for the WT20. I'm surprised that, they haven't let him go. Usually there is a drastic change after a major event. Like the CWC 2011.

But LK is stepping down, and I hope whoever is incharge extends his contract no matter what the performance in the WI series.
Old October 10, 2012, 06:51 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
So far doesnt seem to be any impact. But the same can be said about pace bowling, fielding etc. And also we are judging from two official matches only.

It was an ideal opportunity to give Saqlain a camp with all spinners before FC season starts. Unfortunately Pybus thought otherwise. And again how much can you teach in 10 days training before WI series
Our spinners want to learn the doosra more than anything. The question is will Saqlain ever teach that delivery to us?
Old October 11, 2012, 07:04 AM
Club Cricketer

Our players can learn how to bowl doosra easily. Here:

Old October 11, 2012, 09:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
Our players can learn how to bowl doosra easily. Here:

This shows how to pick a Dusra from the off break... From a batsman's POV

Can you really learn to bowl a Dusra by seeing a delivery?? then you could learn a reverse, Yorker everything by watching the footage.... Man, you need to know the physio dynamics of bowling a delivery... Well some people might just be able to learn certain things using their natural abilities. But for any established bowler to tweak his physio dynamics in an uncontrolled environment, might ruin his current abilities... So you don't try to learn a new thing as a pro, in an uncontrolled environment. That's why people employ professional coaches.

A non swimmer can't learn swimming just by watching an Olympic swimmer. He needs assistance of some sort, before he starts even self learning... Every skill is like that. You don't learn skills by watching... By doing .. And for professionals.. You must control the environment of learning.... Otherwise that can be damaging or counter productive.
Old October 11, 2012, 09:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:

Can you really learn to bowl a Dusra by seeing a delivery?? then you could learn a reverse, Yorker everything by watching the footage.... Man, you need to know the physio dynamics of bowling a delivery... Well some people might just be able to learn certain things using their natural abilities. But for any established bowler to tweak his physio dynamics in an uncontrolled environment, might ruin his current abilities... So you don't try to learn a new thing as a pro, in an uncontrolled environment. That's why people employ professional coaches.

A non swimmer can't learn swimming just by watching an Olympic swimmer. He needs assistance of some sort, before he starts even self learning... Every skill is like that. You don't learn skills by watching... By doing .. And for professionals.. You must control the environment of learning.... Otherwise that can be damaging or counter productive.
have to say i disagree to a degree. in early stages of learning a sport you can self learn just by watching professionals. i mean do you know how i learnt to bowl a cricket ball? by watching my older brother do it, he grabbed a ball told me to bowl it, i told him i didn't know how so he grabbed the ball off me and said this is how you do it and he bowled one down the other end of the driveway. that was my first lesson, and i'll tell you what, i certainly didn't get any coaching tips from my school coaches, so the way i learnt was from watching others and by my own observation with various things i tried.

same thing went for tennis, one day i just picked up a racket and started hitting, all i had done was watch some aussie open tennis, then once i realised i enjoyed it i went to get some coaching and they figured i was already playing competition tennis and had already been coached, a couple of months after that i was coaching myself.

if someone is naturally talented at something, and if they watch others and pay attention and learn from themselves and by watching others you can become decent. now i certainly haven't played any pro level sport, but i became an A grade tennis player with minimal coaching and was in my 2nd XI school cricket team and that was after previous injuries and during current ones where i couldn't even bowl to my fullest.

but certainly i agree that professionals need to make tweaks with experienced knowledgeable people around them, like you say you don't want to tweak your action and then it take away from your current abilities, the idea is to add to your current abilities and you need the experts to help you fix those little things so it won't negatively affect your current skills and abillities.
Old October 11, 2012, 09:18 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

...can't say it better. But you also need to work very hard and practise a lot from your early days. The value of expertise is something we spend a lot of time thinking about and if you’ve read the Malcolm Gladwell book Outliers, you’re familiar with the idea that it takes thousands of hours to perfect a skill. Having years (and thousands of hours) of dedicated focus and practice within a specific field is obviously highly valuable and allows a person to have a unique, proprietary perspective on that area.