facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 29, 2017, 05:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Mashrafe winning the 'Shera Bangali' award, in Kolkata.
https://youtu.be/x3z7DZdUs6E

(who said Kolkatans don't love Bangla people over the other side? It's a propaganda/ploy of the non-Bengalis from/in India who try to stir hatred/things between the two bangalis from both side. Online)

Old July 30, 2017, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25

(who said Kolkatans don't love Bangla people over the other side? It's a propaganda/ploy of the non-Bengalis from/in India who try to stir hatred/things between the two bangalis from both side. Online)
you love to display your stupidity every once in a while, right? Grow up dude.

Ontopic: Really glad for Mash, very well deserved, but he is not the first BD cricketer winning this I believe, Shakib won it too if I am not wrong.
Old July 30, 2017, 02:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I am yet to see this happen. Most of the time I hear sh*t talk about Mash, its from our own people.
Old July 30, 2017, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Mashrafe is like a king who is not fit for the throne, but beloved by all.
Old July 30, 2017, 07:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^ Ned Stark?
Old July 30, 2017, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1

Ontopic: Really glad for Mash, very well deserved, but he is not the first BD cricketer winning this I believe, Shakib won it too if I am not wrong.
Roy, how big is this award? I've never heard of it and it seems to be just something put together by some media company?
Old July 30, 2017, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

I said nothing
truth can hurt..as they say.

My friend, you need to wake up to the internet world, visit Fb troll pages created by Indians, BD players pages on fb and read some comments. The amount of trolling comes from your non-Bengali Indians especially during cricket matches is unbelievable. I was at pakpassion some time back there's a poster a non-bengali from Ind, said, 'bengalis in India don't like Bengalis over there in BD'. I've seen various online places where they try make it an issue deliberately trying cause hatred between the two. Maybe your still too young and naive to observe/notice it.

Explain to me what I said exactly was stupid? You're very quick/sharp on the defensive pal, as always, can't see outside your zone.

I can post whatever I want, 'freedom of speech', entitled to my own opinion, within the guidelines of the forum rules. Last time I noticed this was a Bangladeshi forum.
Old July 30, 2017, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
I am yet to see this happen. Most of the time I hear sh*t talk about Mash, its from our own people.
Maybe, you're not visiting right places to these things. Visit fb BD players pages often, cricket pages on fb, visit Pakpassion forum there's more Ind members there trolling than the amount of people in active on ICF and BC combined. They're all on PP. ICF is dead now. I'm on PP quite often, I see it almost daily the digs/pokes they take given any chance at Bangladesh and Bangladeshi players/fans.

I wasn't referring to them hating Mash. I clearly mentioned, 'they try stir hatred between two bangalis', in general it was referring to.
Old July 30, 2017, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

lol my experience with West Bengalis while living in the west is that they generally hold us in contempt like the rest of India, but when a Bangladeshi is genuinely successful and of noteworthy repute, they become another "Bengali" brother. They make me laugh, aye.

Anyway, good on Mashrafe. Deserves recognition outside of BD since so many of his own nation are so utterly disrespectful and unappreciative.
Old July 30, 2017, 08:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
lol my experience with West Bengalis while living in the west is that they generally hold us in contempt like the rest of India, but when a Bangladeshi is genuinely successful and of noteworthy repute, they become another "Bengali" brother. They make me laugh, aye.
"Success has many fathers. Failure is an orphan." There was also a time when Kolkata supported Bangladesh after it knocked out India during the 2007 WC.

My belief is that this idea of "bengali connection" between Bangladesh and West B gets overplayed quite a bit. West Bengalis are Indian first, and Bengali second. Some will see us with contempt, and some will see us as Bengali brothers.

A bigger concern for me is why we get so riled up over what Indians think of us. I swear Bangladeshis act like a bunch of losers bounded in an abusive relationship, getting kicked and spit on by Indians and still coming back for more. Trust me, no one is looking at India as the gold standard for anything. Their approval/disapproval should have no effect on your lives. So stop with the inferiority complex.
Old July 31, 2017, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Maybe, you're not visiting right places to these things. Visit fb BD players pages often, cricket pages on fb, visit Pakpassion forum there's more Ind members there trolling than the amount of people in active on ICF and BC combined. They're all on PP. ICF is dead now. I'm on PP quite often, I see it almost daily the digs/pokes they take given any chance at Bangladesh and Bangladeshi players/fans.

I wasn't referring to them hating Mash. I clearly mentioned, 'they try stir hatred between two bangalis', in general it was referring to.
Man gotta take a chill pill. I see stuffs like this all the time from our own people aswell. Just couple of days ago, wtv happened to Tamim and his club received a lot of vulgarious sh*ts on their FB aswell. For stuffs they didn't even do ... All in all, idiots lives in all countries. Our peeps are not any better.
Old July 31, 2017, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I think deep inside Kolkatta people loves Bangladesh.
Most were forced to leave BD.

I think they would have preferred Kolkatta being part of BD.
Old July 31, 2017, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Goodness me. More than 23 guest viewing this thread.

Have I woken up the Kolkatta folks?

Would you not have been happy to be part of BD?
Old July 31, 2017, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Goodness me. More than 23 guest viewing this thread.

Have I woken up the Kolkatta folks?

You are trying way too hard.
Old July 31, 2017, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
You are trying way too hard.
What exactly am I trying? didn't get it.
Old July 31, 2017, 01:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Wonderful news and many thank to AnandaBazaar media. It is always good to see our athletes being honored by a foreign organization/publication.

Reading some of the posts above reminded me of something. There was an Indian BC member from Staten Island with root in West Bengal/Kolkata who does not post here as much any more. PrithiviRaj is his name.

Once during a BD international match against we were losing so bad, and we were all cursing and spitting at the BD team in our match thread. Someone said, why do we even waste our time, support these losers? Who in the world even follows matches played by these bunch of losers except us - a bunch of losers ourselves, Nobody else can be pathetic like ourselves for following their games everyday and watch them lose matches after matches.

PrithiviRaj used to come to BC and post back then. He wrote," Why? My father does. My father feels very proud of the Bangladeshi cricket team and Asharful. My father always says, look at them 11 young Bangalies in green and red playing under one Bangladesh flag - eta je kono Bangalir gorbo, I feel very proud of these boys when I watch them on TV, even if they lose"...
Old July 31, 2017, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Wonderful news and many thank to AnandaBazaar media. It is always good to see our athletes being honored by a foreign organization/publication.

Reading some of the posts above reminded me of something. There was an Indian BC member from Staten Island with root in West Bengal/Kolkata who does not post here as much any more. PrithiviRaj is his name.

Once during a BD international match against we were losing so bad, and we were all cursing and spitting at the BD team in our match thread. Someone said, why do we even waste our time, support these losers? Who in the world even follows matches played by these bunch of losers except us - a bunch of losers ourselves, Nobody else can be pathetic like ourselves for following their games everyday and watch them lose matches after matches.

PrithiviRaj used to come to BC and post back then. He wrote," Why? My father does. My father feels very proud of the Bangladeshi cricket team and Asharful. My father always says, look at them 11 young Bangalies in green and red playing under one Bangladesh flag - eta je kono Bangalir gorbo, I feel very proud of these boys when I watch them on TV, even if they lose"...
Yes. Some of them are genuinely proud of our success.
Old July 31, 2017, 02:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
"Success has many fathers. Failure is an orphan." There was also a time when Kolkata supported Bangladesh after it knocked out India during the 2007 WC.

My belief is that this idea of "bengali connection" between Bangladesh and West B gets overplayed quite a bit. West Bengalis are Indian first, and Bengali second. Some will see us with contempt, and some will see us as Bengali brothers.

A bigger concern for me is why we get so riled up over what Indians think of us. I swear Bangladeshis act like a bunch of losers bounded in an abusive relationship, getting kicked and spit on by Indians and still coming back for more. Trust me, no one is looking at India as the gold standard for anything. Their approval/disapproval should have no effect on your lives. So stop with the inferiority complex.
well said. I don't know why we Bangladeshis are so keen on looking for validation from others.

keu praise mathay tule nacha nachi kori. Just read any BD news media and one will find "Amitabh bacchan bolechen shabbir rahman er khela tendulaker moton"..Abar keu criticize korle pura gushti ultaiya feli..."ramiz rajar kotto boro shahosh!"

faltu mentality!
Old July 31, 2017, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I said nothing
truth can hurt..as they say.

My friend, you need to wake up to the internet world, visit Fb troll pages created by Indians, BD players pages on fb and read some comments. The amount of trolling comes from your non-Bengali Indians especially during cricket matches is unbelievable. I was at pakpassion some time back there's a poster a non-bengali from Ind, said, 'bengalis in India don't like Bengalis over there in BD'. I've seen various online places where they try make it an issue deliberately trying cause hatred between the two. Maybe your still too young and naive to observe/notice it.

Explain to me what I said exactly was stupid? You're very quick/sharp on the defensive pal, as always, can't see outside your zone.

I can post whatever I want, 'freedom of speech', entitled to my own opinion, within the guidelines of the forum rules. Last time I noticed this was a Bangladeshi forum.
You see, if you form your opinion based on FB troll pages it becomes very hard for me to take you seriously. This is not only childish but outrageous and stupid at the same time. I know exactly what names BD trolls use to describe Indians so let's not even go there, do you think I let these internet dodos cloud my sanity and judgement?

As per my observations 99% of time when the trolls from both countries lock horns it is actually Indian Bengalis vs Bangladeshis since we speak the same language so the filth and venom that many BD trolls spew all over social media hurts us the most. Non Bengali Indians are mostly neutrals or friendly towards BD from what I have seen, not everything is a conspiracy dude. People say all kinds of things on internet you will have a really hard time dealing with reality if you take each and every one of them seriously.

Rise above hate and conspiracies dude, you are just as good/bad as the world around you, don't let internet trolls live in your head rent free, life is beautiful, enjoy it
Old July 31, 2017, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Roy, how big is this award? I've never heard of it and it seems to be just something put together by some media company?
It is a big deal in India and quite prestigious as well, check the name of the recipients over the year. ABP group is a highly respected and trustworthy organization not just another media house, they are ones who publishes Anandabazar Patrika an Iconic and perhaps the most credible among Bengali language news papers, they also publish Desh a literary Magazine, you can ask anyone here how venerated it is among Bengali intellectual circles.
Old July 31, 2017, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

No, please don't embarrass yourself anymore and this thread is about Mashrafe, don't ruin it.
Old July 31, 2017, 02:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
No, please don't embarrass yourself anymore and this thread is about Mashrafe, don't ruin it.
Lol. Pointing out that many from BD migrated to Kolkata is embarrassing myself?

Learn to live with people that have different view points, coming from different angles

It was a question, as I see that some people are proud of BD history.
Maybe the proud feeling relates to them being part of Bangladesh in the past.
Old July 31, 2017, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
It is a big deal in India and quite prestigious as well, check the name of the recipients over the year. ABP group is a highly respected and trustworthy organization not just another media house, they are ones who publishes Anandabazar Patrika an Iconic and perhaps the most credible among Bengali language news papers, they also publish Desh a literary Magazine, you can ask anyone here how venerated it is among Bengali intellectual circles.
Well that's good to know. From the video, I thought it was just a hungama type TV show. And they chose to honor Mash, that's just fantastic.
Old July 31, 2017, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Lol. Pointing out that many from BD migrated to Kolkata is embarrassing myself?

Learn to live with people that have different view points, coming from different angles

It was a question, as I see that some people are proud of BD history.
Maybe the proud feeling relates to them being part of Bangladesh in the past.
Don't put words in my mouth. I never disputed migration neither I have any problem with free speech. Bengalis from both sides of the border often feel proud of each others achievements, its only normal, I myself have a great deal of respect and admiration for Mashrafe. You said People from Kolkata would love to be a part of BD which is as an utterly idiotic and insensitive comment. I am sure millions of Bangladeshis feel proud of Tagore, Ganguly or Amartya Sen, does that mean they would like to be a part of India? Do you even understand how insane you sound ?
Old July 31, 2017, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth. I never disputed migration neither I have any problem with free speech. Bengalis from both sides of the border often feel proud of each others achievements, its only normal, I myself have a great deal of respect and admiration for Mashrafe. You said People from Kolkata would love to be a part of BD which is as an utterly idiotic and insensitive comment. I am sure millions of Bangladeshis feel proud of Tagore, Ganguly or Amartya Sen, does that mean they would like to be a part of India? Do you even understand how insane you sound ?
You missed the point.

Those that migrated to Kolkatta have a profound and strong love for the land of Bangladesh, not only the language. My point was that people from Kolkata deep inside their heart would have preferred to remain part of Bangladesh or some (people) even do now. But of course, now they are settled in Kolkatta and is hard for them to relocate.

The ancestor home and connection is not easily forgotten.
Everyone at some stage wants to find out where they belong, or where there ancestors came from, some even relocate to where they came from.