facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 9, 2012, 03:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default Does Our Celebration Go Over The Top??

We have won the series and we deserve to celebrate. But do you think that our celebration sometimes go over the top? I feel at times like that and I think that's harming our development to some extent. Because in the process we limit our expectations and players start feeling complacent. Here is a BD fan's reaction to our celebration, I don't agree with him in totality, but I agree to some of the points:

Quote:
Seriously I hate the celebration, last night while i was going back home, all the people came down on the street and started rubbing their body against my car, it was to pathetic. Sheikh Hasina called for a public holiday this was only a series and now the players will be knighted by queen Hasina. I was stuck in traffic, the fans are pretty pathetic. Why can't they just go home and enjoy the highlights instead of dancing around in the streets and act as if they won the world cup. The prime minister should stop getting involved in every odi series.......A BD Fan in PP Forum
Do you really support such celebrations winning a series? More over we know how lucky we had been in the last match ... A few lucky moments/Events were..

1. We got two poor decisions in our favor at the end of WI innings and one against us (Razzak)
2. Mominul was lucky to be out there after relentless fishing at wide deliveries.
3. Mushy was extremely lucky not to be caught a few times
4. Entire batting line up was clueless against pace and bounce, even a 58 was possible if luck didn't favor us.
5. If WI would have executed the run out on the other end in that Sunny Dumb Act event, Nasir would have been out since Sunny was standing in this own crease.

I know cricket is a game and luck is a factor, but when you win basing on so much of luck, there should be some humility in that win, not to forget how we won it. But we seem to completely overlook that and go over the top with celebration, that puts all those weaknesses under the debris and they only pop us in the next series, when luck doesn't favor and we suffer humiliation....it has happened over and over again with our team, after luck ridden victories.

I can understand the celebration after winning the ICC trophy, because that ensured a giant leap forward for our cricket. The peak of the next celebration should be after we win the World Cup. Till then victories should be kept in perspective, for the team to realize their mistakes and improve upon those. However, you can't control people and dictate them how they should celebrate, but surely the government should stay away from cheap celebration to score political points and destroy the cricket by exaggerating the achievements through unnecessary rewards. While we can only request the fans to celebrate with some humility and not by insulting other country fans online...
Old December 9, 2012, 04:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

That guy seems very worried about his precious car and acts like there is no traffic jam when there's no celebration. Also he clearly loathes Hasina bubu and don't wanna see her pretty face, but that's understandable. But why does he have to vent his frustration at the PP forum of all places?
BTW there was no public holiday declared. In fact, there is a strike going on today called by BNP.
Old December 9, 2012, 04:14 AM
Administrator

Obviously that guys is no cricket fan. Perhaps not even a Bangladeshi. Why else would he be venting his spleen on PP and not here. Or perhaps he is a wuss.

I do agree with Banfan that out politicians do go overboard - just to earn brownie political points.

The fans are just fine. That's why we are fans.
Old December 9, 2012, 04:20 AM
Cricket Legend

About the luck part, it all evens out in a 5 match series. WI had their lucky moments too with all those dropped catches and the brain explosions that lead to 13-5, we could have won one of the 3rd and 4th ODIs and lets not forget we were without Shakib whole series and Mashrafe last game.
Old December 9, 2012, 04:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Fans will be fans. No one can't control their feelings.

Have you seen how indian fans are reacting after their humiliating loss to England ?
Old December 9, 2012, 04:43 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

dude there is nothing wrong in celebrating...we don't win too often and we cherish whatever little comes our way...that guy who posted in the PP forum seems like a d!ck who doesn't seem to understand the magnitude of passion we have for our team and the sport...yes sure we had our share of luck but you have to understand that it's all part of the game...sometimes you win matches because of luck and sometimes you lose...so don't complain and enjoy the moment...remember life is too short to be bitter...
Old December 9, 2012, 04:51 AM
Test Cricketer

I think us fans are still down with the worldcup fever. It all started with win against Ireland in group stages, when the fans took to the streets. And the nation has been feeding off that ever since,so now even a series win against a lower ranked team calls for creating havoc in the streets apparently. I don't remember being like this when we whitewashed the kiwis ?
But I guess all that will change with Bangladesh future performances. More wins=subtle celebrations.
Old December 9, 2012, 04:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I do agree the celebration is too much. IMO celebration should be measured specially for these bi lateral series's. if it was wc of some sort I would have understand.

I think the players did it right way. The fans r doing it as if this is the last time it will happen!
Old December 9, 2012, 06:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Who are we to decide how and when the mass should celebrate ??
For some, its more closer to home and so to their heart.

Let us not criticize everything we can get our hands onto.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 9, 2012, 06:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

As long as the celebration is not violent and harmful to others, I think this is fine.
Old December 9, 2012, 06:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Who goes to PP forum? I don't when I have everything I need in BC.
Old December 9, 2012, 07:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Who goes to PP forum? I don't when I have everything I need in BC.
There are some Bangladeshis on that forum, some of them on BC too. I go there bcuz they have a wide range of cricket fans not just from one country, we need more foreign members here.
Old December 9, 2012, 07:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I agree with Banfan all the way. One can't help but feel that such over the top jubilation from the fans might leave them heartbroken very soon. Also such histrionic celebrations from the players might make them a tad complacent in preparation.

Notice how I use the word "might" in both instances, because I don't know how future events will transpire. But it's perfectly natural to feel what Banfan is feeling right now. I feel the same way.

And just what exactly is PP forum?Lol.
And someone mentioned Indian fans. I don't think we should follow their example.They also set fire to their players' houses,does that mean we should too?
Old December 9, 2012, 08:03 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Forget about going over the top. Just go out there and celebrate.
Old December 9, 2012, 08:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

C'mon Its just a mare 'dolladolli' over his car thru some weired looking dance moves in celebration!

I've seen lots of public properties been crushed and burnt today at 12hour hotral day. Better take concern on these more.

Last edited by cricheart; December 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM..
Old December 9, 2012, 10:11 AM
Club Cricketer

It clearly shows how passionate we are about our cricket. I see no harm in celebrating especially the manner in which we did the night we won the series. If it continues the next day that's when I see there's a need for a thread. We clinched the last match from the face of yet another defeat. I think that played a part in our celebration. I would have been absolutely elated too and joined the street party.

As for the PP guy...f*** him. He's probably a p**i c**t.
Old December 9, 2012, 11:03 AM
Test Cricketer

I did not know there's a user guild we have to follow to celebrate a series win.
As long as the celebration does not hurt any individual or property, there should be no boundry.
Old December 9, 2012, 11:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

It was a big series win against a team that just won a T20 WC. Obviously you'll have people be ecstatic and go over the top. Beating a superior team is a huge thing and the fans have every right to be proud of our players. It shows how much passion we have and it's a shame that critics want to take our Test status away. Critics don't realize that Bangladesh is helping cricket in a big way and very few countries have the passion that Bangladesh has.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

This guy gets his car rubbed off by sweats of a crowded nation/high density geo-zone and this Shalok then gets pissy about this when the public is celebrating as a nation, when we as a people have so little to celebrate about (on our daily life) and on the MOST SACRED month of Victory, this brother in-law goes nowhere but to PP to his ABBAS...people should be celebrating NON-STOP, the whole month, he is lucky, I would have stomped on his car, writing in PP about the people that have no place to go, he wishes his fathers would have killed more of us, so that today, on this boiling night, the shalok's car be a bit cleaner. Hashi chephey raikhtey partesi naa re babu!!

I just watched some clips of our PM Sheikh Hasina being at the stadium on the 5th ODI....I personally was thoroughly mesmerized by the presense of the PM on that couch at the stadium, I thought she was very honest in her expressions as the match progressed, she felt and reacted just like any of us fans here in BC, with high emotions, as we all do, with each drop catch - whether in our favour or against - thus accordingly. She is our Head of State, the mother that leads this nation, she being there as a genuine patron of Bangladesh national cricket team, to me it feels wonderful, and very very supportive. Cricket menas a lot to us, to our people, we do not have a lot to brag or feel good about (on a daily life), cricket is where we put all our chips. As a nation of cricket lovers, (if we are that), I would like to see our PM to at the stadium, rooting for the team, praying for the team, I would like to see that if today our Head of State was Begum Khaleda Zia, or Shaheed President Ziaur Rahman, or our Bongobondhu or if today Maulana Bhashani was alive and if he was our president. I am very proud of our PM supporting the team and taking an active interets in the game. As the leader of the people she also has a responsibilty to make this nation healthy and bring sport/health consciousness into her people.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
This guy gets his car rubbed off by sweats of a crowded nation/high density geo-zone and this Shalok then gets pissy about this when the public is celebrating as a nation, when we as a people have so little to celebrate about (on our daily life) and on the MOST SACRED month of Victory, this brother in-law goes nowhere but to PP to his ABBAS...people should be celebrating NON-STOP, the whole month, he is lucky, I would have stomped on his car, writing in PP about the people that have no place to go, he wishes his fathers would have killed more of us, so that today, on this boiling night, the shalok's car be a bit cleaner. Hashi chephey raikhtey partesi naa re babu!!

I just watched some clips of our PM Sheikh Hasina being at the stadium on the 5th ODI....I personally was thoroughly mesmerized by the presense of the PM on that couch at the stadium, I thought she was very honest in her expressions as the match progressed, she felt and reacted just like any of us fans here in BC, with high emotions, as we all do, with each drop catch - whether in our favour or against - thus accordingly. She is our Head of State, the mother that leads this nation, she being there as a genuine patron of Bangladesh national cricket team, to me it feels wonderful, and very very supportive. Cricket menas a lot to us, to our people, we do not have a lot to brag or feel good about (on a daily life), cricket is where we put all our chips. As a nation of cricket lovers, (if we are that), I would like to see our PM to at the stadium, rooting for the team, praying for the team, I would like to see that if today our Head of State was Begum Khaleda Zia, or Shaheed President Ziaur Rahman, or our Bongobondhu or if today Maulana Bhashani was alive and if he was our president. I am very proud of our PM supporting the team and taking an active interets in the game. As the leader of the people she also has a responsibilty to make this nation healthy and bring sport/health consciousness into her people.

Welcome back BK bhai
Old December 9, 2012, 12:32 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

the threads that he chooses to make his return and write his epic bannies. Attention whore!

(WB BK)
Old December 9, 2012, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

The level of celebration is directly proportionate to the passion people have for the game times the rarity of it in a success starve nation and it's people. We have no noteworthy success to celebrate back home...mostly is sports. Its understandable why people would like to take advantage of every little opportunity.
Old December 9, 2012, 01:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Celebration-er ke kono Ma Baaap ache nake?

Echee hole celebration korbe... ijche hole korbe... as long as its not violent. Kew to kake joor kore celebration korte bolche na....individually kew na chile celebrate na korte chaile shay celebrate korbe na.

In general term, when we start winning more games, threshold whe we celebrate will automatically go higher.
Old December 9, 2012, 04:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Maybe he was a banned BC Member

Anyways the poster is an idiot because..

1) He clearly doesn't understand the difference between and ODI win and a Series win, I doubt we have such jubilant celebrations after winning just one ODI

2) This was a series win against a G8 side, not Zimbabwe. Last time we won against a G8 side was in 2010 against NZ. This series win is special, we won against a team that just won the t20 WC.
Old December 9, 2012, 07:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

1. We got two poor decisions in our favor at the end of WI innings and one against us (Razzak) we got a ton of poor decisions against us
2. Mominul was lucky to be out there after relentless fishing at wide deliveries. if we took all our catches in the first game, this game would have been a dead rubber
3. Mushy was extremely lucky not to be caught a few times see point above
4. Entire batting line up was clueless against pace and bounce, even a 58 was possible if luck didn't favor us. Entire WI batting was clueless against spin and turn
5. If WI would have executed the run out on the other end in that Sunny Dumb Act event, Nasir would have been out since Sunny was standing in this own crease. umm no it wouldn't because a) Nasir completed his run and b) it was a dead ball situation
Quote:
I know cricket is a game and luck is a factor, but when you win basing on so much of luck, there should be some humility in that win, not to forget how we won it. But we seem to completely overlook that and go over the top with celebration, that puts all those weaknesses under the debris and they only pop us in the next series, when luck doesn't favor and we suffer humiliation....it has happened over and over again with our team, after luck ridden victories.
We destroyed them in 2 games, and in the third game it was WI luck that the game was as close as it was. At worst you can say that Mushy and Mominul's luck was balanced by the quick and dumb wickets of Gazi and Razzak which balances things out.

You forget that in only 1 game did WI actually outplay us significantly. This should have been a 4-1 series margin, and WI are lucky it was as close as it was. Not BD.

#OneTeam1Dream