facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2012, 05:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
After BD making it into the Asia Cup final your telling me WI thought this ODI series was a walk in the park?

All i saw in the WI ODI team is Sammy saving you guys from low scores and also Kemar Roach with his bowling.
I'm not trying to mock bangladesh, but it really is the truth, they took it lightly having won the test series so convicingly, plus i believe their heads were already thinking about the christmas holidays, it's been a long year for them which has been filled with some lows but mostly highs, so they thought they'd walk this series and go home, but it wasn't the case and they only started to get into gear by the third game, which in reality was too late.

Old December 10, 2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
I'm not trying to mock bangladesh, but it really is the truth, they took it lightly having won the test series so convicingly, plus i believe their heads were already thinking about the christmas holidays, it's been a long year for them which has been filled with some lows but mostly highs, so they thought they'd walk this series and go home, but it wasn't the case and they only started to get into gear by the third game, which in reality was too late.
I hear you! Good luck in year 2014.

And season's greeting to you and your team mate
Old December 10, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
I'm not trying to mock bangladesh, but it really is the truth, they took it lightly having won the test series so convicingly, plus i believe their heads were already thinking about the christmas holidays
That's just stupid reasoning - you're already beginning the premise that bangladesh are awful in ODIs (ignoring all their recent ODI improvements) and trying to fit the results around that conclusion. Meh.

And when they lose 1 match (going by your reasoning), they would have definitely started taking them 'minnows' seriously from that point - since losing to a bottom ranked rookie team without their best player would be humiliating. But of course, you're the expert in psychoanalyzing players than sticking with facts - surely you'll find more excuses to make sound like you gave it away in a platter than BD earning the win.
Old December 10, 2012, 07:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
I'm not trying to mock bangladesh, but it really is the truth, they took it lightly having won the test series so convicingly...
Quite laughable. Anybody with a little understanding of cricket will tell you that BD should have won the 1st Test - quite convincingly. WI got out of jail and a humiliating defeat because of BD 2nd innings batting debacle. Anyway, a win of a 70 runs margin in Test can never be dubbed as "convincing" -at least, in my book.

And, in all honesty, BD should have clinched the ODI series by the 3rd ODI. They were in a very strong position to do so. Actually, BD could have and should have taken this series 5-0.
Old December 10, 2012, 07:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Quite laughable. Anybody with a little understanding of cricket will tell you that BD should have won the 1st Test - quite convincingly. WI got out of jail and a humiliating defeat because of BD 2nd innings batting debacle. Anyway, a win of a 70 runs margin in Test can never be dubbed as "convincing" -at least, in my book.

And, in all honesty, BD should have clinched the ODI series by the 3rd ODI. They were in a very strong position to do so. Actually, BD could have and should have taken this series 5-0.
Top post brother.
Old December 10, 2012, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
OUR PLAYERS TOOK BANGLADESH LIGHTLY, they simply wasn't motivated after winning a world cup and sweeping the test series easily 2-0,
Oh, so that's why Sammy was sledging Anamul to pieces? Because he wasn't motivated to win as the captain?

When you sledge someone, it means you want it REAL bad. WI wanted it REAL bad.
Old December 10, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

My wife said, "we (Public in BD) use to celebrate on a single win previously. Now we celebrate for a series win."

Good days are ahead my friend.
Old December 10, 2012, 03:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

@Zeeshu....I was practicing my English. To improve upon ....

Yes, that was a side issue, wanted more knowledgeable guys to shed some light, why does BD people go on a forum like PP to criticize BD, even if he has an issue with the way it's celebrated. I was concerned about it too.

If you have read the OP, infact fans celebration was the secondary issue, the main issue was politicizing the celebration and scoring political points, which I feel rather hampers development/progress, since the players feel complacent. The government involvement in celebrations through gifts, banquets etc should be kept for bigger occasions ... This isn't the first time we won a series against a team 1/2 rank above us. It wasn't Aus/Eng....neither a World Cup.

Even fans do over react in their celebration....you are happy doesn't mean you have to go crazy in celebration for a series and disturb public life, Many people have bigger issues to address in life than celebrating a series win, but that doesn't mean they are not happy. So they should be able to get on with their life un disturbed. Celebration at times is forced upon people.....

@ Roey .... Thanks for the explanation.....you were spot on.

Last edited by BANFAN; December 10, 2012 at 05:07 PM..