facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 15, 2017, 11:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default We can + We will. Watch us!

I thought that was the highlight of the match for me yesterday. Shows the resolve of Bangladesh. Only upwards from here! Yes, we have areas to improve but hey, 17 years ago we played our first test, 3 years before that we were associate level. Till 2004 we lost 42 matches in a row, till 2007 we competed with Kenya. Now we are competing toe to toe with the top teams in the world. We will find the areas we need to improve and we will improve them, we will fix upgrades on our weak areas wherever they are , there is not a day we will rest till we are the top team in the world, and after that we will work to exceed ourselves.

Give us some more time we will be world champions, just watch us! Bangladesh cricket has just started, we will be dominating world cricket one day. We will be a major force one day God willing.

So again, who ever wrote that deserves an award. We can + We will. Just Watch us!

Old June 16, 2017, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

What resolve?
Batting was rubbish. bowling was even worse!
Old June 16, 2017, 03:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

We have so many areas to improve upon. Our domestic setup is poor

We don't have A team tours either. BPL is mediocre

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 16, 2017, 05:08 AM

First thing first, need to stop talking but work on every shortcomings in the team. We will be this and that within X years does not make sense.
Old June 16, 2017, 07:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
First thing first, need to stop talking but work on every shortcomings in the team. We will be this and that within X years does not make sense.
Exactly, talk is cheap. We need to see results, not bask in the glory of past victories or wax eloquent about how good we will become someday/sometime. How many Pakistani, Indian, English or Australian banners have we seen like this ? We like to chest thump regardless of the ground realities.
Old June 16, 2017, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

We can't,we won't-Ignore Us
Old June 16, 2017, 12:16 PM
Test Cricketer

I hate this kind of arrogant statements.
Old June 16, 2017, 01:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
We can't,we won't-Ignore Us
+

The way fans do chest thump, soon defibrillator will be of no use.
Old June 16, 2017, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I just think tanvir Bhai was trying to distract us and ensure our fans are positive.

The problem with our team is lack of self belief. We don't back ourselves. And we don't back ourselves because we don't prepare ourselves accordingly.

I haven't seen any of our players​ to be adamant. I don't see any burning desire.

You need to have burning desire. Desire to win. No, petty achievements cannot satisfy you. The moment you become satisfied that's when you are done.

Our players should not be happy with 50s. They should go on to score 100s. They should also not be satisfied with 100s in tests and focus on getting to the next landmark. I have found that current group of players lacks hunger. Their body language tells the story.

On Mashrafe's final match the body language of the players were completely different. It's like they are putting their body on the line to win the match

Now eternal hunger isn't necessary for professional teams. But for a team still establishing themselves in world cricket. Every match demands us to give us more than 80%.

Old June 16, 2017, 08:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
What resolve?
Batting was rubbish. bowling was even worse!
We lost 2 matches and the match against Australia was almost lost, but we played Australia in ODIs after 7 years. The last match we had against them was at the 2015 WC and that too got washed out. I know it sounds like excuses, but my point was we need to give this team more chances. The only way we are going to improve is if we play the likes of Australia, England, South Africa, India more and more and start winning against them. Australia has been a top team for decades, how do you expect us to beat them and improve our cricket and mindset when we don't even play them? One of the reasons we beat NZ is because we play NZ very regularly and we are confident against them. The other fact is we played in England after what 2010? That is 7 long years. We didn't play in the 2014 CT, we haven't made any bilateral tours, forget A team tours that doesn't even happen anymore, not even U-19 tour if I remember after 2010. And whoever was in that U-19 team I don't even think is in this team. We played in Ireland but it seems completely different conditions and we did use whatever we learnt in that series because we defeated the only team that played that series in CT (NZ). We need to improve all these logistics and that won't happen if you don't give it time too. It's not like we are touring England in the next year too. Somehow our FTP has to improve if we are to keep rising higher, and I really hope with some of our performances in the recent past ICC wakes up and gives us that opportunity instead of degrading us further.

The resolve I am talking about I think will come upfront if we identify the mistakes, and apply upgrades and fixes wherever there are weaknesses in our team. Someone not performing even after given opportunities is not good enough for this level. We have had many talented batsmen in the past, if they are not with us anymore it is because they were not good enough. We applied upgrades and repeated the whole process. That is how we have to become a good team, but at the same time if you apply too many upgrades the whole team becomes unstable. It has to be slow but steady.

I agree with MHRAM that body language and attitude is as important if not more. You might not have the talent but if you put in hard work and if your attitude is world class, you will become world class eventually without any doubts. Btw I thought the players gave up in the semis because there was just not enough runs on the board, if we had 300 I think we would have seen a different team. Anyways, no point discussing the bygones. Time to look forward to the Australia tests, BPL and slowly the WC 2019.
Old June 16, 2017, 08:21 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylheti_Beta
Exactly, talk is cheap. We need to see results, not bask in the glory of past victories or wax eloquent about how good we will become someday/sometime. How many Pakistani, Indian, English or Australian banners have we seen like this ? We like to chest thump regardless of the ground realities.
How about rising to six in the rankings? How did that happen if it weren't for results? Teams do not become champions over night. Let us be consistent semi finalists first and then one day we will get our break
Old June 16, 2017, 08:36 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

[Rant]Some of you should switch to Australian and Indian nationalities with the kind of expectation you have on the team or perhaps choose a different sport altogether. It will end your frustration and save the rest of us from the whining.

Bangladesh was a rank 10 team not so long ago. We used to lose to associates before Mash took over leadership. So people who followed the team understand that there is no oral tablet that the team can swallow and become world beaters overnight and that too outside of the subcontinent.

Learn to take success and failure in your stride without trying to burn the entire house down. There is NO miracle solution. We reached knockout stage in 2007, QF in 2015 and Semi Final in 2017. In between we won away test match and won test match and odis at home. Where we are now and the international praise that we got is because of this current group of players and the coach. This group is doing much better than our previous generation, dont take my word for it just read or listen to the experts.

As a six ranked side our realistic chances were against rank 5 team or teams ranked below. It is EXPECTED that higher ranked team would beat us despite all the hype and prayers. If India plays at 100% and we play at 100% we will still lose because of the skill gap. This is a fact. We suck in every other sport besides cricket. That is also a fact. So please enough with the negativity[/Rant]
Old June 16, 2017, 08:50 PM
Club Cricketer

I think in sub continent especially in Bangladesh which is young sporting nation, we confuse passion with process. There is process which every individual or team has to go through before it becomes a top side. Right now aspirationally Bangladesh should try to become Zimbabwe of late 90 s and early 2000. Not just dangerous but fully capable of winning matches "consistently" against top sides. Here, I see the tendency to get over excited with victory or completely shattered with a defeat. Truth is Bangladesh is heading in the right direction. Fact also is that it was kicky to be in SF and it squandered the opportunity by not competing ( although fans did ). But I am sure this big stage experience will build some players for the future.

It is a 10 year roadmap. Directionally it is headed right though. It has to get used to its success to deal with its failures. Right now that stage hasn't come.
Old June 17, 2017, 05:30 AM
Cricket Legend

We win we win. We lose, we move on. No point in trying to sugarcoat loss.
Old June 17, 2017, 05:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Sugar coating loss, is trying to sugarcoat ****, no matter what you do, still smells like crap.
Old June 17, 2017, 08:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylheti_Beta

I agree with Tanvir's words. We are seeing results and the future looks bright.
Old June 17, 2017, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

just voted for this thread. 3 arrows down!! This feels like Obama election,... lots of promise, zero delivery.

This was a poor champions trophy display. Minus Tamim BD TEAM DID ANDA... u know what anda is ... yes ANDA..A big fat ANDA.
Old June 18, 2017, 01:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Mash is unfit, Fizz has been found out, taskin is all over the place, soumya and sabbir aren't international class, shakib has lost interest in cricket, Walsh is increasing the size of his belly instead of helping bowlers to increase their pace.

All of these means we r finished and we r going back to our usual position in ICC odi ranking.
Old June 18, 2017, 04:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
On Mashrafe's final match the body language of the players were completely different. It's like they are putting their body on the line to win the match

The attitude and body language that they shown on that 2nd T20 against Srilanka is what the Bangladesh team has to replicate all the time. It's not always about result, it's also about how they compete. Even the time when India was leaking runs, Kohli as captain was trying to make sure that they were still in the game.
Old June 19, 2017, 04:54 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dale Steyn

Some people just don't seem to get it. Of course we were very likely to get beaten by India. But What frustrates us is that how can we not get 300 runs on a batting pitches where other teams are doing it so easily and how can we only take one wicket defending 260.

The only positive from this tournament is the Sakib-Mahmudullah partnership by some miracle and that Tamim is in form but other than that there hasn't been a moment we can be proud of.