facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 10, 2010, 01:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Post-win Negatives

after many a loss we've tried to gather the positives (if any)...well its not often, but we can look at the negatives from this match, things which made their best efforts to try and enforce a Bangladesh defeat here today.

1) Umpires - first there was colly not given out after a clear edge off rubel. then there was wide called on rubel against broad, when balls that fly over our batsmen's shoulders are almost always called as dots. the ensuing extra del went for 2 runs, costing a grand total of 3, could have been crucial had we actually lost this game on the final ball or something.

add to that the dodgy decision against tamim in the first match, and the leg bye 4 that was not given to Imrul Kayes...and there seems to be a systematic approach to errors against us.

BCB needs to address these issues, even if the ICC ignores it, they should at least bring it out instead of swallowing it with their butt crack.

2) closing out our innings...good platforms are being wasted. this is unacceptable. riyad is the main culprit, but the tail enders also have to step it up.

3) fumbling in the field when runs are a premium. yes it is bound to happen with pressure and just as a general rule. and yes in the final overs some singles will always be pushed into twos by the chasing batsmen. but routine fumbles should not be occurring eveyr single ball.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old July 10, 2010, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

13 wide balls.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

the fielders had a bad case of nerves, it's not everyday this team comes this close to victory, at least in the recent past. it will be ok with more match experiences like this.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Too many fumbles. Can't pick up the ball cleanly from the ground.

Shakib with the bat. he is too good off a player to be in a funk for so long.

After every big win we lose badly. I pray and hope that would change.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

only one negative for me.

1. why is ashraful playing?
1a. he almost made kayes out as he was blocking and he had to hit out instead of taking singles.
1b. he bowled and gave away 9 it could have been 16 by bowling those kind of bowling. well half dosh goes to mash for this too.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 10, 2010, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

With the platform we had, we should have scored 40-50 runs more. Shakib's wicket was the turning point.

Another negative is, we are still continuing with JS. We are just lucky that the boys played this match without JS.

This is what he says,

"I tried to be more calm today and just trust the boys to do the job out there today," says Jamie Siddons.

Thanks, heaven.

"We try and get better all the time and trust our own individual performances, but it's hard when you keep getting beat.

It's unbelievable [to beat England].
Sure, sure! :P

I think our fast bowlers bowled much better today, also with a bit of luck on their side.
So, he remembers the Collingwood wicket; but forgets Junaed's.

We put the screws on and kept getting wickets, that's the secret. We're going to sing a song [in the dressing room], it's going to be great mate

He must be good at Chorus.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
only one negative for me.

1. why is ashraful playing?
1a. he almost made kayes out as he was blocking and he had to hit out instead of taking singles.
1b. he bowled and gave away 9 it could have been 16 by bowling those kind of bowling. well half dosh goes to mash for this too.
Kababesh Grill buffet super moja!! Read my signature one more time and try to guess what will he say next.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Negatives would be nervy fielding and tame slogging. Also, our "Old" negatives have not gone away. For instance, Rubel is still pretty inconsistence, (To his credit though, he still looked the most dangerous bowler), Razzak is still not as good as I watched him to be,Mash in death is still crap, Kayes still makes me root for the opposition, middle order and top order is still not in synch.

But for today, they are perfect. They may have swam through a swamp, but, importantly, they came out smelling like roses.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:49 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Negative:

Nothing

Positive
1) Zuhurul's WK......not a single error......took all the catches cleanly unlike mushy
2) Mash is back
3) Attacking captaincy by Mash
4) Kayes er batting...even though half of ther fans didnt liked it
Old July 10, 2010, 01:50 PM
Test Cricketer

you guys could've waited for this thread until tomorow!
Old July 10, 2010, 01:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Positive-- jahurul and kayes

jahurul's keeping
3 pacer 2 spinner

negatives

sakibs batting
ash and riad

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 10, 2010, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

1. Batting at the fag end is the most concerning thing. This is the strongest BD middle order EVER.
2. Utilization of Batting powerplay sucked, need to take it early when batsmen are settled. Say - 35-40 overs.
3. Batting order - Shakib I agree should come down the order, not because he's out of form, because we lack good big hitters down the order. So let Shakib come at No. 7 or 8.
4. And last but not the least NO ASH AND RIYADH. Had enough of them today, In fact today Riyadh sucked more than Ash, anything more than 10 is a bonus from Ash, so I don't really care. But Riyadh really sucked and nearly cost us the match. Maybe give Faisal another shot,
Old July 10, 2010, 01:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carte Blanche
13 wide balls.
Yes, too many, but I believe some are not really wide. Just umpiring misjudgement.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
after many a loss we've tried to gather the positives (if any)...well its not often, but we can look at the negatives from this match, things which made their best efforts to try and enforce a Bangladesh defeat here today.

1) Umpires - first there was colly not given out after a clear edge off rubel. then there was wide called on rubel against broad, when balls that fly over our batsmen's shoulders are almost always called as dots. the ensuing extra del went for 2 runs, costing a grand total of 3, could have been crucial had we actually lost this game on the final ball or something.

add to that the dodgy decision against tamim in the first match, and the leg bye 4 that was not given to Imrul Kayes...and there seems to be a systematic approach to errors against us.

BCB needs to address these issues, even if the ICC ignores it, they should at least bring it out instead of swallowing it with their butt crack.

2) closing out our innings...good platforms are being wasted. this is unacceptable. riyad is the main culprit, but the tail enders also have to step it up.

3) fumbling in the field when runs are a premium. yes it is bound to happen with pressure and just as a general rule. and yes in the final overs some singles will always be pushed into twos by the chasing batsmen. but routine fumbles should not be occurring eveyr single ball.
I don't think that it was dodgy.
Old July 10, 2010, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Negative:

Nothing

Positive
1) Zuhurul's WK......not a single error......took all the catches cleanly unlike mushy
2) Mash is back
Plus Zunaid looked confident too.. Not to forget Jahurul's batting

Shafiul came back strongly, Rubel picked up crucial wickets, same with Razzak. The played as a team today, thankfully.
Old July 10, 2010, 02:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Negative:

Nothing

Positive
2) Mash is back
Nadim Mushy would have taken those cleanly as well. He doesn't usually miss catches from fast bowling. Its the spinners that mostly has problem with when keeping. Jahurul wasn't really tested today. We have to wait and see. I hope he continues to keep for the entire tour.
Old July 10, 2010, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Nadim Mushy would have taken those cleanly as well. He doesn't usually miss catches from fast bowling. Its the spinners that mostly has problem with when keeping. Jahurul wasn't really tested today. We have to wait and see. I hope he continues to keep for the entire tour.
He's an excellent fielder, and his glove-work was bound to be good
Yeah can't judge him by this match, but I'm positive he's gonna do well as a keeper. Even if not, no complains, just make him field in the ring, thats all.
Old July 10, 2010, 02:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

negatives --- only 87 runs in last 20 overs after such a good start.

but we won so lets forget it
Old July 10, 2010, 02:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
negatives --- only 87 runs in last 20 overs after such a good start.

but we won so lets forget it
no we shouldn't. Because god forbid if we lost it would have been because of this reason. In both of the match we were in good position to put up 275+ but we failed. We can not afford to count on the bowlers everyday to defend a small total, specially since we had a great platform and we couldn't follow through with it. Ashraful needs to be dropped. I'd rather play Faisal than him. We need to push Riyad up the order and Shakib down the order.
Old July 10, 2010, 02:13 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
no we shouldn't. Because god forbid if we lost it would have been because of this reason. In both of the match we were in good position to put up 275+ but we failed. We can not afford to count on the bowlers everyday to defend a small total, specially since we had a great platform and we couldn't follow through with it. Ashraful needs to be dropped. I'd rather play Faisal than him. We need to push Riyad up the order and Shakib down the order.
I doubt there will be any changes in the playing xi in the next match unless some1 gets injured.
Old July 10, 2010, 02:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

The wide thing isn't really an issue, that happens all the times, were not only singled out, if you watched Pak vs Aus, anythig to a 1mm over the batsmen head was called a wide. That's nitpicking decisions and you will be here all day if you want to do that. The collingwood decision i was infuriated with and you probably know i'm not on the bandwagon that most people are on here who thinks only bad decisions are against us, if you want to keep a tally of bad decisions every team has, i can guarantee at the end of the day they will be the same, we just seem to have huge howlers, but it comes and goes in roundabouts as we saw when he was given out by Rauf, that was another huge blunder.
Old July 10, 2010, 02:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

To all the pundits who were over-analysing the situation and having b*tch fits during and after the Asia Cup, like I said we are not THAT bad. It was fatigue that was the underlying factor for our performance in the Asia Cup more than anything else. You could sense that the Asia Cup was just a distraction to the players and they were really looking forward to this series.

And for the Siddons bashers I will reiterate that he is not faultless however you can't blame him for stupidity and mental shortcomings. And like I suggested before a simple change in captaincy seems to have done the trick eh? For on-field performances the onus is on the captain. Shakib may have been decent with field settings and bowling changes but he was a poor man manager. Mash also slipped at times today however he was spot on on how to handle his boys.

As for the negatives well there are plenty of them. A lot of changes are needed in the team. But I am too happy to discuss them now.
Old July 10, 2010, 02:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
i agree with u. mahmudullah needs some last chance in 5 .... faisal at 6 shakib at 7 would be good.

lets forget the negatives for at least tonite. we can start finding the mistake tomorrow after waking up
Old July 10, 2010, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
To all the pundits who were over-analysing the situation and having b*tch fits during and after the Asia Cup, like I said we are not THAT bad. It was fatigue that was the underlying factor for our performance in the Asia Cup more than anything else. You could sense that the Asia Cup was just a distraction to the players and they were really looking forward to this series.

And for the Siddons bashers I will reiterate that he is not faultless however you can't blame him for stupidity and mental shortcomings. And like I suggested before a simple change in captaincy seems to have done the trick eh? For on-field performances the onus is on the captain. Shakib may have been decent with field settings and bowling changes but he was a poor man manager. Mash also slipped at times today however he was spot on on how to handle his boys.

As for the negatives well there are plenty of them. A lot of changes are needed in the team. But I am too happy to discuss them now.
100% agree mate, want to see those so called fans who even went on to say BD are a disgrace to world cricket.

Still I won't defend siddons, either he's his strategies are way too flawed, or he don't have any strategies, either way, that sucks But the middle order batting has improved a lot, credit must go where it's due. And apparently the Schudi is right on money from his first tourney. Hope they'll be able to win more consistently now.
Old July 10, 2010, 02:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox

Good post, it is not easy playing alot of cricket all the time. There will be mishaps along the way but we have shown against England all the ODI's that we should have won more than the one we did.