facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
im a fast bowling opening batsmen...but cant get a chance to show off
You are funny man. Gone crazy?

Old June 20, 2012, 01:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Hopefully Ziaur Rahman will be a good ODI and t20 allrounder for Bangladesh.
Old June 20, 2012, 02:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
Hopefully Ziaur Rahman will be a good ODI and t20 allrounder for Bangladesh.
A bangladeshi Pollard
I wont mind that because we desperately need a batsman who can hit the ball hard and STRAIGHT down the ground. And besides that slogging ability, pollard is also a cunning bowler and a brilliant fielder.
Old June 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Feza thakte to eto hoi choi er karo dekhi na....

I'd say "No sir, it's Na'sir"...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 20, 2012, 03:02 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Before making an international debut, we have many who "can" become the 2nd best
Shabbir, Asif, Farhad Hossain and even the new and improved Shuvagata. There are couple more but point is, they are prospects until they enter the international arena.After they enter, they fade away. Riyad would have faded away if it wasnt for his expertise in the longer format. Nasir would have been gone if he didnt play some great knocks against Zimbabwe and Pakistan. Right now we also have Zia and Reza. Zia looks like he can cement a spot in the T20 squad at most. I dont see him anywhere near the ODI line up. Heck even in T20, he has lot more work to do. And Reza, well He would have been the perfect solution but lacks on skills, consistency and many other areas.
So for now, Its Riyad for Test and ODI, and for T20, Its still him but I think if Mash stays away from injury and works on his batting skills, he can develop into a T20 allrounder until someone new arrives.

Now many argue that Riyad is not a match winner and therefore cannot be the 2nd best. But I think he is not the match winner because of the management and coaching staff. Maybe he is not a match winner but an innings builder? One thing is for sure, Riyad cannot hit from the word Go. At least not most of the time. So I think he should be promoted up the order and played at 1 down. if he can bowl economical and consistently score a stable 30s to 40s thats good enough to be a second best in Bangladesh.
Old June 20, 2012, 04:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Rox
You are funny man. Gone crazy?
what you trynna say?>
Old June 20, 2012, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

So ot of people here are very interested about Ziaur Rahman.
His cricinfo profile:
Ziaur Rahman, a right-arm fast-medium bowler and lower-order batsman, plays for Khulna Division on the domestic front and has represented Bangladesh Under-19s, the Bangladesh Cricket Board President's XI and the BCB Academy since making his first-class debut in 2004-05. His best bowling performances have been 5 for 82 against Dhaka Division and 5 for 24 in a limited-overs match against Sylhet Division. Ziaur recently earned a call-up to Bangladesh's squad for the Twenty20 World Championship in September.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...yer/56167.html
Old June 20, 2012, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

If i consider pace bowling allrounders those who are in the race
1.ziaur Rahman http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...yer/56167.html
2.Farhad Reza http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...yer/55894.html
3.Alauddin Babu http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/410768.html
4.Summya Sarkar http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/436677.html
5.Saikat Ali http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/314743.html
Regarding pace allrounder we had a thread previously.If some one interested you can go through this.http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ace+allrounder
Old June 20, 2012, 09:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Babu in the running in the future but as at this moment then it probably is riyad
Old June 20, 2012, 09:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

The more Zia performs the more better for us. As pointed out by playmaker, he can be like one of those West Indian big hitters and ability to bowl medium pace with accuracy. A good prospect. Just needs to measure his hitting and please no blindfold hitting. He needs to have clear role in the team i.e. choose perfect delivery to clear the boundary as much as he can. In the process, he might get out but we have to accept it and it's world wide known that a hitter can't be expected to deliver every match unless you are Chris Gayle. So without much expectation resting on his shoulder, he'll be the one to watch out for. Have to be patience with him.
Old June 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Why ash doesn't bowl. He gets plenty wicket when he is captain. He could be a good all rounder middle order batsman
Old June 20, 2012, 10:13 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim , sakib , riad ,mas

The main problem is team mgt changing his batting order too many times , so he just not sure whrere he is batting , thats a big distraction of mindset , he will be best at number 4 without a dout
Old June 20, 2012, 10:32 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Riyad never produced some considerable match winning innings, at least I cannot remember. May be my bad memory!

Most of his good innings came when the team has already lost the game. This clearly shows his lack of capabilities in taking responsibilities.

I really hope he improves.

Win agianst WI in WI , wc win aginst england and aisa cup win aginst srilanka these matches if their was no riad no win for bd simple is that , and their is countless match where riad saves bangladesh from ambrassing score ,
Old June 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I think stats-wise, Riyad is currently the 2nd best all-rounder in the BD side, particularly in Tests and maybe in ODIs. After all he does have both a Test century and a Test 5 wicket haul, which no other player barring Shakib has at the moment. On the other hand, it's a bit embarrassing that in 68 ODI innings he has only 6 fifties and has scored his 1427 runs at a poor SR of 69.84. To give the statistics even more context, he has batted 50 times at no. 7 and scored at the marginally higher SR of 73.56. Obviously that is unacceptable but I think it is more indicative of his inappropriateness for that position than his inability as a batsman overall.

Now, who will convince him to bat higher up the order is another matter...
Old June 21, 2012, 02:29 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Before making an international debut, we have many who "can" become the 2nd best
Shabbir, Asif, Farhad Hossain and even the new and improved Shuvagata. There are couple more but point is, they are prospects until they enter the international arena.After they enter, they fade away. Riyad would have faded away if it wasnt for his expertise in the longer format. Nasir would have been gone if he didnt play some great knocks against Zimbabwe and Pakistan. Right now we also have Zia and Reza. Zia looks like he can cement a spot in the T20 squad at most. I dont see him anywhere near the ODI line up. Heck even in T20, he has lot more work to do. And Reza, well He would have been the perfect solution but lacks on skills, consistency and many other areas.
So for now, Its Riyad for Test and ODI, and for T20, Its still him but I think if Mash stays away from injury and works on his batting skills, he can develop into a T20 allrounder until someone new arrives.

Now many argue that Riyad is not a match winner and therefore cannot be the 2nd best. But I think he is not the match winner because of the management and coaching staff. Maybe he is not a match winner but an innings builder? One thing is for sure, Riyad cannot hit from the word Go. At least not most of the time. So I think he should be promoted up the order and played at 1 down. if he can bowl economical and consistently score a stable 30s to 40s thats good enough to be a second best in Bangladesh.
I think you contradicted yourself a bit there. As you said, Riyad cannot hit from the word go, why promote him to no.3? The batsman playing one down should have the ability to capitalize on the powerplay and fielding restrictions. We haven't found our proper and a effective no.3 as of yet, but I certainly don't mind seeing Riyad play his anchor role at no.4.
Old June 21, 2012, 09:04 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Once again Mahmudullah shows his skill in finishing off a game. Came in with the team faltering in a chase but settled everything down and they won easily. Him and Nasir are become a formidable force in the lower middle order.
Old June 21, 2012, 09:09 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
I think you contradicted yourself a bit there. As you said, Riyad cannot hit from the word go, why promote him to no.3? The batsman playing one down should have the ability to capitalize on the powerplay and fielding restrictions. We haven't found our proper and a effective no.3 as of yet, but I certainly don't mind seeing Riyad play his anchor role at no.4.
Because in powerplay you need to be a clean hitter which Riyad is. no.3 usually doesnt need to go right away unless chasing a massive total. The role of no.3 in Bangladesh side is to stop a top order collapse actually which Riyad can do well there
Old June 21, 2012, 09:10 AM
Street Cricketer

Now he proves one more time why he is one of the best batsman in bd team . Also he shows his power on his wrist lol ' he can easily hit six lyk pollard gayle ' and without a dout he is our second sakib ' although I rated him better batsman than sakib ' may Allah give him more talent '
Old June 21, 2012, 09:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Because in powerplay you need to be a clean hitter which Riyad is. no.3 usually doesnt need to go right away unless chasing a massive total. The role of no.3 in Bangladesh side is to stop a top order collapse actually which Riyad can do well there
I don't like him at 3, I think he is most natural finishing off a game. He is cool in the pressure situations and has the range of shots to find boundaries and gaps when necessary. Number 6 is the perfect spot as long as he is bowling plenty of overs which he always should.
Old June 21, 2012, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal451230
Now he proves one more time why he is one of the best batsman in bd team . Also he shows his power on his wrist lol ' he can easily hit six lyk pollard gayle ' and without a dout he is our second sakib ' although I rated him better batsman than sakib ' may Allah give him more talent '
wow man, he can hit a six but like Gayle and pollard? You must be living in a different world.

Listen, many people have the power to ht like gayle, but how many of them can hit AS REGULARLY as him? There is a big difference
Old June 22, 2012, 03:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

WOW, MUllah is playing like never before... Well, he can compete for the next all rounder ..
Old June 24, 2012, 03:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

nasir.... despite all those few nd rare bowling opportunities
within the next few months i see him bowling more often than what he does nowadays
AMong d current national players NO ONE TURNS THE BALL AS MUCH AS HE DOES!
Old June 24, 2012, 06:33 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
nasir.... despite all those few nd rare bowling opportunities
within the next few months i see him bowling more often than what he does nowadays
AMong d current national players NO ONE TURNS THE BALL AS MUCH AS HE DOES!

thats where is our cricket problem when u compare who played only 2 series giving him the better rate than actually who playing more than 5 years in bd team , man nasir just started still he has long way to go , and i bet if he bowls against any good right handers batsman he will definitely get punished for sure , but mahmudullah riad is proven player also he proves he is decent offspin bowler , even he had 5 wicket hall in test cricket , i even dout if nasir will ever gonna get 5 wicket haul in test cricket ,and if u compare nasir and riad batting than is riad is far far better than nasir , bcz riad averaging 2 highest odi and test average for bd on more than 80 matches .
Old June 24, 2012, 07:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

it's not like riyad has a great record with the ball....he's a solid bowler sometimes but he isn't always effective, has potential though, as does nasir, naeem as well tbh and mahmudul is one to watch, for leggys it's nur and shabbir and for pacers babu seems to be a really good prospect.
Old June 24, 2012, 08:56 AM
Banned

Apart from Sunny, none of our bowlers are real turners of the ball.

Now back to topic, the 2nd best all-rounder could be someone like shabbir or mominul perhaps? Nur Hossain doesnt have a good record so I dont back him to do well in the intl arena