facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old January 1, 2005, 04:19 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Who is the IRC GUY?

Hello there, I run a respected Pakistani Cricket site of my own. Just recently, I instaleld Java IRC. I see you guys have it too.

Well for the guy in charge of it, or whomever, how do you get the cricinfo ball by ball commentary? Like I have seen some channels, somehow link their channel to that, and it appears in the channel, instead of you going into CI's channel.

Can someone please explain to me how to go about this, like how to get the CI's ball by ball into my own channel.

Please add me to msn at amir51@hotmail, so we may further discuss.

Thank you for your time.

Old January 1, 2005, 04:29 PM
Retired BC Admin

Our IRC guru is very busy lately. Don't know when he will get time to respond to this. May take weeks. Please check back later.
Old January 1, 2005, 04:55 PM
Street Cricketer

oh alright thanx. Do you know any other sites that have this? Could you possibly redirect me?
Old January 1, 2005, 05:06 PM
Retired BC Admin

Sorry, no.

Try googling for irc.cricket.org and irc.starlink.org
Old January 1, 2005, 06:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Ask the guys at dal net/efnet or irc.rizon.net who run these channels. They should probably tell you.
Old January 6, 2005, 01:31 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by Wazim
Hello there, I run a respected Pakistani Cricket site of my own. Just recently, I instaleld Java IRC. I see you guys have it too.

Well for the guy in charge of it, or whomever, how do you get the cricinfo ball by ball commentary? Like I have seen some channels, somehow link their channel to that, and it appears in the channel, instead of you going into CI's channel.

Can someone please explain to me how to go about this, like how to get the CI's ball by ball into my own channel.

Please add me to msn at amir51@hotmail, so we may further discuss.

Thank you for your time.
First and foremost, this is illegal. CricInfo commentary is their own property. Copying this into another channel without their knowledge is not right thing to do. The way they do this copying is by making a bot which is logged on two channels and it just copys the text from one to another.

In BanglaCricket we do not copy thier commentary in our IRC room. What we do is we let our members join #cricket room so that they can get live text directly from CricInfo. Our room #banglacricket is located on same IRC server as CricInfo #cricket.