facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 18, 2007, 08:19 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Champa Chakma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawreen93
It is said that when the person we love the most does something wrong,it hurts us the most.i didn't love mashrafe or nazimuddin so even if they play extremely bad,it wouldn't hurt me as much.but the only person i had serious expectations from,was really excited about,truly loved... was tamim...but now i don't give a crap abt him.it's alll over.
That explains why he was not performing well

Old September 18, 2007, 08:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Hmm ... except for Razzak, Rasel, Aftab and to a somewhat lesser extent, Mushy (not too many mistakes behind the stumps), Ash (beating WI), and Riyad (superb bowling in the only match he has played so far, and keeping his cool with the bat after everyone could hear La Gordita break into that familiar and shrieky falsetto) - who was not the most disappointing Bangladesh player in T20 WC ?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 18, 2007, 09:15 PM
Cricket Legend

most dissappointed with not a player but BCCB cause there is no Coach. Players like Ash and co. doesnt leason to Shaun W. There was no plan on how to chase this small but risky target even after they were watching how Shoaib and Misbah chased down Australian target even after top order disaster. What a shame!
Old September 18, 2007, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

This time, we have so many escapeSagols.
Old September 18, 2007, 11:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Ashraful's captaincy !!!! When spinners were giving only six runs per over , how come he introduced pace in 18th and 19th overs (30 runs in those two overs). Razzak gave six in the final over----- so Sakib & Raz. should have continued.
Old September 19, 2007, 12:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Mashrafee by far has been the most disappointing. Tony C was way too kind and quite respectful towards our vice-captain, as he repeatedly said, "I know he can bat. He can bat better than this. I've seen his stats." But those ugly, moronic swipes were far too shameful for not Mashrafee alone, but for the entire team. Thats not how an international cricketer goes about his batting, be it first-ball facing opener, or the last-ball facing no.11 batsman of the team. You are in the national team, and go out to bat to play cricketing shots, or slog. But I am sorry, those were NOTHING - wafting the bat like a sword. Even if he managed to make contact with the ball, there'd be a lobbed-up catch at best. Disgusting showing from Mashrafee Mortaza. About his bowling... the less said, the better. He's not getting job even half-done, to put it simply.

Tamim comes second in the list of highly disappointing players from our team. He needs to go consult with a para-cricketer about coming down-the-track, and not diagonally-out-of-the-pitch.

Alok Kapali, Farhad Reza, Ashraful (for his mindless batting against Sri Lanka) and Nazimuddin must get the honorable mention.
Old September 19, 2007, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Dissapointed with the way Mashrafee batted.....he is loosing it.....he looked as the worst tail ender in the crease....but he can bat better than some of the batsmen in this current team.

Also Mushfiqur Rahim, right from the begining i always had doubt about his keeping ability, now lack of keeping ability has started to cost us big, for the last 12 years we did not need to worry about the man behind the stumps, now an additional worrying area......also i have some doubt about his batting ability in T20 and also in ODIs...specially on his ability of shot making as he bats on 7-8.....If Mushy carries on playing shorter version, he should be promoted in batting order (5-6), he has nothing to offer in slog overs.
Old September 19, 2007, 01:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawreen93
It is said that when the person we love the most does something wrong,it hurts us the most.i didn't love mashrafe or nazimuddin so even if they play extremely bad,it wouldn't hurt me as much.but the only person i had serious expectations from,was really excited about,truly loved... was tamim...but now i don't give a crap abt him.it's alll over.
yesh well and truely over....
Old September 19, 2007, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Tamim
Old September 19, 2007, 04:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

WE are Still Minnows Because of our performance just beating west indies and a couple of fluke wins in world cup does not mean we have improved our performance at any given day any team in the world in Better than BD in any department.
BD team wins by luck not by their cricketing skills.
Our players have been playing international cricket for some time now they never learn from mistakes. Ashraful is a Big Mouth he keeps on saying to the world why people consider Bd as minnows , well mr ashraful should try to keep his mouth shut and concentrate on improving his cricket skills.
Dont worry about Our Fast bowlers They don't have the natural Growth like fast bowlers from other countries like tall and strong body, we are naturally short because of our growth and bhejal !!! food .
You Guys should be happy with the fact that be progressed to the second round its now learning time and gaining more experience.
All the BD Players quit their school for cricket and sacrificed many things WILL YOU GUYS DO THAT AND , WILL YOUR PARENTS ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT!!
Appreciate what they did so far....
Old September 19, 2007, 08:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Kapali & Nazim...berthota r sholokolay dujone dujonar....otherwise if Kapali is...berthota r mutro protik....nazim is "Bani Chironton"...
Old September 19, 2007, 08:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

For me.. Mashrafee. His body movement for batting was just embarassing, even the commentator (whoever it was) was laughing. Mashrafee introduces himself saying that his favourite shot is 'forward defense', it was more like ' move away from the stumps, swing and miss' on almost every single ball.

Nazimuddin is new. He is forgotten even before he made any impact. Poor guy prob ended his career before it could even get started.
Old September 19, 2007, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
All the BD Players quit their school for cricket and sacrificed many things WILL YOU GUYS DO THAT AND , WILL YOUR PARENTS ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT!!
Appreciate what they did so far....
wtf are you talking about?

First off most players like aftab, nafees, and many more attended university, I think its only ashraful that didnt have further education
Old September 19, 2007, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Mashrafi!

Tamim should be nowhere near the national side for another two years...period.
Old September 19, 2007, 10:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

nazimuddin, tamim, alok kapali, Mashrafee,MUshfiq Rahim
Old September 19, 2007, 11:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Failure to live upto a certain expectation results in disappointment. In that regard, I am disappointed at a few individuals who clearly didn't live up to it.

Tamim : No. I had no expectation from him. He is a very limted player with misplaced arrogance. Team management must take responsibilty for not recognizing his shorcomings as a batsman.

Nazim : Somewhat. After his pre-tournament performances, he froze like a deer in the headlight when the big boys came to party. In 20/20s, your top four must account for the majority of the runs. Collective failure of Nazim and Tamim made sure we had to rely on top two instead of four. The end game : One win when two of the top four clicked.

Ash : Majorly disappointed with his batting. After the WI heroics, he wanted to better that innings with a faster one against SA. Instead he got out playing a crazy shot. Against Aus and SL, he should have anchored the innings after the loss of openers, but, still batted as if he wanted to earn a spot in the record books. I would like to criticize his captaincy but won't be too harsh on him since we are new to this 20/20 thing. Still, his handling of bowlers could have been better, especially against SL, when he left Razzak for an over..

Sakib : No. Did pretty good with his bowling. But, he is not a no.5 in 20/20 and it showed. Not disappointed with him since he doesn't overate himself and knows his limitation.

Alok : Yes. Disappointed. Simply because I had higher expectation from him in light of good domestic and warm up T20's back home.

Mushy : No. He is a work in progress behind the stumps and actually did well sans a few blundersvs SL. Didn't have a chance to bat. Team management missed a big chance here. They should have promoted him vs SA, SL when we were in trouble at the top. We needed a cool headed accumulator to anchor those innings.

Mash : Major disappointment since we have the highest expectation from him. He needs a break from cricket before NZ tour.

Razzak, Rasel lived upto their expectation. Riad did well in only game he played. Frahad gave what he is capable of.
Old September 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Junaid now, Mash before
BDFlag The Most Disappointing Bangladesh Player in T20 WC

agree aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall to the original posting
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaameen
Old September 19, 2007, 11:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Mash, Tamim n Nazim..hmm..sigh..
ah well better luck next time..
Mushi played great! showed himself as a true international player!
Old September 19, 2007, 04:30 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: 1st-TAMIM 2nd-Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
thats like a true tigress.

proud of you...
thanx....but why r u proud of me?
Old September 20, 2007, 05:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Failure to live upto a certain expectation results in disappointment. In that regard, I am disappointed at a few individuals who clearly didn't live up to it.

Tamim : No. I had no expectation from him. He is a very limted player with misplaced arrogance. Team management must take responsibilty for not recognizing his shorcomings as a batsman.

Nazim : Somewhat. After his pre-tournament performances, he froze like a deer in the headlight when the big boys came to party. In 20/20s, your top four must account for the majority of the runs. Collective failure of Nazim and Tamim made sure we had to rely on top two instead of four. The end game : One win when two of the top four clicked.

Ash : Majorly disappointed with his batting. After the WI heroics, he wanted to better that innings with a faster one against SA. Instead he got out playing a crazy shot. Against Aus and SL, he should have anchored the innings after the loss of openers, but, still batted as if he wanted to earn a spot in the record books. I would like to criticize his captaincy but won't be too harsh on him since we are new to this 20/20 thing. Still, his handling of bowlers could have been better, especially against SL, when he left Razzak for an over..

Sakib : No. Did pretty good with his bowling. But, he is not a no.5 in 20/20 and it showed. Not disappointed with him since he doesn't overate himself and knows his limitation.

Alok : Yes. Disappointed. Simply because I had higher expectation from him in light of good domestic and warm up T20's back home.

Mushy : No. He is a work in progress behind the stumps and actually did well sans a few blundersvs SL. Didn't have a chance to bat. Team management missed a big chance here. They should have promoted him vs SA, SL when we were in trouble at the top. We needed a cool headed accumulator to anchor those innings.

Mash : Major disappointment since we have the highest expectation from him. He needs a break from cricket before NZ tour.

Razzak, Rasel lived upto their expectation. Riad did well in only game he played. Frahad gave what he is capable of.
Spot on.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 20, 2007, 05:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Hmm ... except for Razzak, Rasel, Aftab and to a somewhat lesser extent, Mushy (not too many mistakes behind the stumps), Ash (beating WI), and Riyad (superb bowling in the only match he has played so far, and keeping his cool with the bat after everyone could hear La Gordita break into that familiar and shrieky falsetto) - who was not the most disappointing Bangladesh player in T20 WC ?
Sohel NR, I find it a bit surprising that you think Mushy's keeping has improved. Take the Sri Lanka game:

1. 4 byes through his legs

2. Drops the ball dragging to get Jayawardene run out

3. An edge off Jayawardene luckily lodges in his pads, he then manages not to collect out of sheer excitement.

This only in a matter of 5 overs.

Maybe we would not have won the match anyway. But if SL had lost another wicket early and taht too Jayawardene, you never know, we could have restricted them to 120-130 and then even with our brittle batting we may have approacheed our response differently.

I repeat I will still have Mushfiq in the test side as a batsman.
Old September 20, 2007, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Failure to live upto a certain expectation results in disappointment.................................. In that regard, I am disappointed at a few individuals who clearly didn't live up to it.
Couldn't agree more. Well written. I still think you are hoping that Mushy will become a wicket-keeper. I am not so sure. I don't want to lose the first sensible batsman we maybe getting.
Old September 20, 2007, 06:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
Sohel NR, I find it a bit surprising that you think Mushy's keeping has improved. Take the Sri Lanka game:

1. 4 byes through his legs

2. Drops the ball dragging to get Jayawardene run out

3. An edge off Jayawardene luckily lodges in his pads, he then manages not to collect out of sheer excitement.

This only in a matter of 5 overs.

Maybe we would not have won the match anyway. But if SL had lost another wicket early and taht too Jayawardene, you never know, we could have restricted them to 120-130 and then even with our brittle batting we may have approacheed our response differently.

I repeat I will still have Mushfiq in the test side as a batsman.
All true.

That said, the SL debacle was a particularly bad match for him IMHO, very much against the trend of most of his other performances in the T20 mission ...
Old September 20, 2007, 08:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

The most disappoinment came from the SELECTORS who played Alok "Khapali" and Nazim.Thank God they made the proper decision today. But too little too late.Its a good thing that Javed Omar has retired otherwise the selectors might have even chose him for the 20/20.

Kapali should be dropped for all internationalsHhe has been given too many chances and has failed most of the times. Some players dont shine on the international arena and guess he is one of them.

Mashrafee seemed to be out of sorts as well....like something was on his mind...while he was scratching his curly hair...like if his wife was delivering his baby.

We badly needed someone like Rafique.
Old September 20, 2007, 08:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

i am not mad at any body particularly. i will blame team management, why they couldn't find a coach yet. look at pakistan, how strong they look now even without injamam, yousuf, razzaq and shoib. we just need a coach, who can shout at our stupid players for throwing up their wicket.whole team performance is sucks except aftab ahmed and junaid siddiqi