facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 31, 2005, 01:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Won\'t they ever stop?!

This Report in BBC-site just caught my eyes... sorry couldn't help bringing it to notice!

What's best for weaker nations?

-Oliver Brett
BBC Sport

"When it comes to playing each other, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe are closely matched sides.

But when they play almost anybody else, one fearful mismatch after another has to be endured by paying spectators.

Aside from providing entertainment for the most sadistic and masochistic fans, what does the International Cricket Council really think of this?...."

Full Report Here..

Old January 31, 2005, 01:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Another BIG-MOUTH intern...
Old January 31, 2005, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

U know wot..I'd kill for us to beat England at Lords & shut the mouth of all the idiots out there once & for all...
Old January 31, 2005, 01:26 PM
Club Cricketer

To call the spectators 'sadists' and masochistic' is not only insulting it borders on being racists. Would he dare to call any of the other team's supporters that?

I guess he takes his que from another English (at least wanna-be English) writer Salman Rushdie.

It is OK to express one's feelings about anything privately but once it is written down, and on BBC no less, it becomes a matter of record. And here, Oliver Brett only demonastrates his lack of imagination.
Old January 31, 2005, 01:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Our answer will be on the field this April. Trust me these guys wont quit until we beat them on their soil. In the mean time we need to keep our focus.
Old January 31, 2005, 01:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Another "wanna-be" trying his best. No body is listening to them. It is time we ignore these..................Most of the cricket lovers now know about this site and if they wan't to debate they should come to this site. BBC message board and articles on Bangladesh on the basis of what people say about our status have very little view...............Every body knows the home of Bangladesh cricket on the web.
Old January 31, 2005, 01:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by DotBall
Our answer will be on the field this April. Trust me these guys wont quit until we beat them on their soil. In the mean time we need to keep our focus.
At-least we need to give a good fight! A draw in a test, one/two wins in the one-day wouldn't be bad to shut their mouth temporarily.
Old January 31, 2005, 02:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

its typical..mind games ..thats all ..come may-june..the real scare will come out..
Old January 31, 2005, 02:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Let's not get carried away. Results are everything and our performance over the past few years have been pretty exasperating. We will be touring England in May and will play them in damp, early summer conditions. We shall also be playing Australia . Let's be realistic about our prospects. An objective appraisal of our strength versus theirs is a sobering experience.

In an earlier thread I expressed my misgivings about this tour. I will repeat the gist of my argument here.

Facing England on their soil in the early part of the summer is a daunting experience for most teams nowadays. This is not the pathetic English side of the 80's and 90's. Given the physical stature of our players and their difficulty in playing bounce, a few injuries from rising deliveries cannot be discounted (Harmison and Brett Lee any one?). The wickets will be softer and negate any spin advantage we may have. There is a very real possibility, given the expected results, that our new found confidence will be shattered. Meanwhile, we can expect pity at best and derision at worst from a prejudicial media. Whatmore could well be induced by an offer from a better team after the tour.
Furthermore, the old refrains of test cricket being undermined by the presence of BD and ZIM will be re-ignited.

Given the very real possibilities mentioned above, is touring England for a full tour really the best thing now. Could we not play them more often on our own soil until we improve further (and arrange non-test tours to England in the meantime)? Couldn't this tour do more harm than good for BD cricket?
Old January 31, 2005, 10:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Best thing is to just ignore these articles. Let them say what they want. No one can deny Bangladesh is improving fast.
Old January 31, 2005, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

exactly just ignore these people, duita pounder ashay mathay ja ashe tai likhe... naile to giutar haate englander rastay rastay ghura lagbo.... likhte den
________
Detroit automobile company

Last edited by ialbd; February 19, 2011 at 11:17 PM..
Old January 31, 2005, 10:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Not to worry about these British writers. Sometimes they think that they own the Crickets.

Bangladesh is a nation of fighters and boy, the way we fought back was amazing!

"Never before have we started a series thinking we would win but this time it was a different scenario. And as people of this country are extremely passionate about cricket, we are always hearing all kinds of suggestions some of which are difficult to take as an international cricketer. But I must say the boys handled those situations brilliantly. Everybody was focused on making dreams come true." - Bashar

As far as the spectators are concerned, the rowdy Brits are famous for soccer hooliganism. In one game, two British soccer fans were detained for throwing stadium seats at Polish fans.
Old January 31, 2005, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
At-least we need to give a good fight! A draw in a test, one/two wins in the one-day wouldn't be bad to shut their mouth temporarily.
One/Two wins in the ODI series, against England and Australia? I don't think that's possible even in dream.

BTW, stuart little is infinate times better than stinking cockroaches
Old January 31, 2005, 11:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally posted by DotBall
That's the spirit! We should take all these criticisms as fuel to do better and better! I predict that BD will have some surprising success. With Dav Whatmore on our team, and some rising young stars, we might shut them all up!!!!!