facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2015, 06:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default Impact of Heath Streak - Bowling Coach

In May 2014, Streak was appointed Bangladesh's bowling coach until 2016. Do you think He has already had some visible impact on our bowling?

We have witnessed a number of talented pacers coming to the national team and their talents dying under the huge demand of international cricket. This time around, I feel his presence is making a contrasting difference than before. I can see Mash being more effective, Rubel looks better than before and other bowlers look confident in the national fold. Our bowling unit as a whole, looks prety confident and effective.

Tallents like Taskin needs polishing and mentoring; I hope our bowling is in the right hands. I expect, by the time he finishes his contract in 2016, that Taskin will turn into a top pacer of the world and we will have a lethal pace attack to destroy any team in right conditions. Even the spinners might benefit from such an experienced ex bowler & coach like Streak..

Last edited by BANFAN; February 19, 2015 at 08:44 AM..

Old February 19, 2015, 06:10 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Taskin was on the radar before he came, and we all know what Rubel, Mash and Al Amin are capable of. So no comment until we see how they perform against tougher opposition.

Quote:
by the time he finishes his contract in 2916
Will Taskin be still playing by 2916?
Old February 19, 2015, 06:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Hopefully some of the young up coming pacers who aren't yet in the national team get to work with him as well.
Old February 19, 2015, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I think our pace bowling have been really promising, the UK presenters were really surprised how good the Bangladeshi fast bowlers were. And you also have al amin, who has been very good.

My one criticism is that Taskin should be using more variations in his deliveries.
Old February 19, 2015, 07:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I feel like our pace bowling has improved under Heath. He is a top bloke as well! Got a chance to talk to him during the practice matches.
Old February 19, 2015, 07:44 AM
Club Cricketer

Our pacer looks better and effective so far. But still early to judge as Tas bowled lots of loose delivery other day. May be it was from nervousness of first World Cup match.
Old February 19, 2015, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

He has not got the credit he deserves. I thing our pace bowling has come a long way since his arrival. Pacers are far more confident, aggressive and more importantly using their brains. Before it was damage control and let's see if we get lucky, now we genuinely look to our pacers unlike before to get us wickets. Rubel has come a long way, Taskin looks better game by game, mashrafe getting younger it seems. I would like him to work with the few youngsters we got Mustafizur, Manik and a few others I can't remember. Al Amin has also become a terrific death bowler.
Old February 19, 2015, 08:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Taskin was on the radar before he came, and we all know what Rubel, Mash and Al Amin are capable of. So no comment until we see how they perform against tougher opposition.

Will Taskin be still playing by 2916?
Haha

May be we can preserve his gene, it will be Taskin15 then
Old February 19, 2015, 11:51 AM
BC Editorial Team

I really liked how the pacers contributed in the Test series against Zim. That told me he's improving our pacers. Have not seen our pacers been this effective since the days of Pont.
Old February 19, 2015, 11:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I am sure the pacers are under a good mentor.
Old February 19, 2015, 11:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am no longer going to use the word "pacers". I will be using "Phaast" bowlers.

If we have someone averaging 140+ for the entire game then I have to distinguish that separately from some of the other country pacers.
Old February 19, 2015, 12:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Just don't ask him to sign up in this amateur hour.
Old February 19, 2015, 12:06 PM
BC Editorial Team

@Dil - we never ask people to sign up
Old February 19, 2015, 03:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I am no longer going to use the word "pacers". I will be using "Phaast" bowlers.

If we have someone averaging 140+ for the entire game then I have to distinguish that separately from some of the other country pacers.
Rubel and Taskin both averaged 140 and most likely will for the entire tournament. I'd like to see if one or both can hit 150.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2015, 04:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Rubel and Taskin both averaged 140 and most likely will for the entire tournament. I'd like to see if one or both can hit 150.
Have you seen Wahab Riaz clocking 154 km/h? That was insane..I hope Rubel get to late 140s and touch 150.

On topic, I think Rubel has been the most improved fast bowler under Streak.
Old February 19, 2015, 04:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

Hopefully he can translate that in tests
Old February 19, 2015, 04:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Rubel did look really good last match. Taskin has very good control,and pace for his age. We need streak to work with abul, kamrul and the few young rising fast bowlers on the domestic circuit (mustafizur, abu haider, mehedi hasan rana, manik, alauddin).
Old February 19, 2015, 04:58 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Have you seen Wahab Riaz clocking 154 km/h? That was insane..I hope Rubel get to late 140s and touch 150.

Ian Pont wont agree
Old February 19, 2015, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Well our bowlers did improve under Ian Pont. Then Shane Jurgensen took them down to alarmingly low levels. Now thankfully Heath Streak has brought back some order. The basics seem good, they are bowling a very good line and length in general. They also seem more confident. There is a clear plan, and they seem to be following it.

Plus they also look very fit, which ll allow them to bowl longer spells, bowl at quicker speeds, and be able to concentrate.

So far very good job done by Streak. And i bet over the next year and a half he ll take our bowling a long way forward. But we must be patient. He's no magician who can produce a 150 kph bowler overnight.
Old February 20, 2015, 07:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Would like to see the pacers getting more penetration. You need to make the batsmen play the deliveries. Hope Streak would be able to make the pacers understand and apply this basic.
Old February 20, 2015, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

No doubt Heath Streak is giving them Heath's fav steaks, making them stronger to face upto the task better without feeling the nerves and pressure. They are bowling with clear better plan and know their roles better than previous recent times
Old February 20, 2015, 10:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Taskin needs to add some variation. Particularly, needs to bowl a couple of slower deliveries. And he always seems to start very well and becomes less accurate later on. He needs to keep that concentration level up and work on reducing his mental fatigue. It could be physical fatigue (which leads to mental fatigue too) too as he runs in, hits the deck hard, and gives his all for each bowl. In that case, he should bowl within his limitations once he gets tired.

Rubel really needs to start bowling fuller. That's been a problem for a while. Don't know if it's a brain problem or an action problem. He's bowling faster and therefore looks better due to Aussie conditions.

But yes, under Streak, our fast bowling looks more disciplined overall. A healthy Mash leading from the front as captain makes a huge difference too.

Better field settings with more men in catching positions rather than defensive field settings would aid the bowlers. They would be able to add more variations and become less predictable and be able to use more of their abilities and not just bowl to contain runs.
Old February 20, 2015, 11:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Its not a huge difference yet, but we can see some small changes in the right direction. its not enough time to judge his contribution yet, but you can feel it... he looks like the right choice as a bowling coach.

Haturu daa and Streak both looks like the right choice for our team.
Old February 20, 2015, 05:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
Taskin needs to add some variation. Particularly, needs to bowl a couple of slower deliveries. And he always seems to start very well and becomes less accurate later on. He needs to keep that concentration level up and work on reducing his mental fatigue. It could be physical fatigue (which leads to mental fatigue too) too as he runs in, hits the deck hard, and gives his all for each bowl. In that case, he should bowl within his limitations once he gets tired.

Rubel really needs to start bowling fuller. That's been a problem for a while. Don't know if it's a brain problem or an action problem. He's bowling faster and therefore looks better due to Aussie conditions.

But yes, under Streak, our fast bowling looks more disciplined overall. A healthy Mash leading from the front as captain makes a huge difference too.

Better field settings with more men in catching positions rather than defensive field settings would aid the bowlers. They would be able to add more variations and become less predictable and be able to use more of their abilities and not just bowl to contain runs.
epitaph summed it up well - discipline is better, variation is lacking. Bowlers need to learn how to come up with their own strategies depending on match situations and their own endurance level. Not enough support from the captain (who happened to be our best pacer) to be more aggressive.
Old February 20, 2015, 07:11 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

The thing is, Heath Streak doesnt even need to go out of his way and teach a whole lot of swing, pace. Bangladesh plays most of the games at home and even in the next FTP, we barely play in Australia, England, New Zealand or South Africa. He just needs to teach our bowlers some control and make them more accurate. In sub continent conditions, pacers can get away with accurate bowling. Our spinners will always take the majority of the wickets... The expectation from the seamers are to keep it tight early on and contain runs in the end.