facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 7, 2004, 10:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Interview with Saleh and Whatmore

At the head of the youth brigade

Old September 7, 2004, 10:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
DW We've got to keep an open mind for this one. Such is the structure, there will be eight teams leaving very soon. So all we can do is go out there to enjoy ourselves, and play the best cricket we can.
What does dav mean by eight team leaving soon?
Old September 7, 2004, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerFan

4 pools of 3 teams each - only the top in each qualify - the rest go home...
Old September 8, 2004, 01:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

I like Saleh's attitude. He is talking about captaining BD for ten years. That's a big ambition, but he is in the right frame of mind.
Old September 8, 2004, 02:29 AM

I thought somebody was talking about his english capabilities on other thread!
His answers doesn't says that he is weak in English to me.
Old September 8, 2004, 04:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan

That's because the journalists often rewrite the answers with better English than was actually uttered for weak English speakers.
Old September 8, 2004, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
Quote:
That's because the journalists often rewrite the answers with better English than was actually uttered for weak English speakers.
You could be right, but I hope not.
Old September 8, 2004, 05:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TigerFan
Quote:
DW We've got to keep an open mind for this one. Such is the structure, there will be eight teams leaving very soon. So all we can do is go out there to enjoy ourselves, and play the best cricket we can.
this means after match 8 team will go home and 4 team will play semi final and one winner
who will be that winner?
Old September 8, 2004, 05:58 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Dav hasn't given too much importance on the loss to Scotland.
Old September 8, 2004, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Judging the last five warm-up matches, it seems Rajin's individual performance rather improved under the pressure of captaincy, which is really good. In fact, Habibul Bashar's performance curve has been affected from the very beginning of his captaincy, where he made 0 and 2 in two matches out of three ODIs both in Zim and WI. Even in Asia Cup his performance as country's #1 batsman (32(against HK), 2, 2, 7 and 10) raises question, whether we really need him as a captain by the cost of his performance. We can take the example of Sachin, who faced the same problem. He returned to his good form immediately after Ganguly took over.
Old September 8, 2004, 08:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
Quote:
You could be right, but I hope not.
I agree with Capslock. Every writing has to pass through editorial process.That is the usual way.
Old September 8, 2004, 08:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Judging the last five warm-up matches, it seems Rajin's individual performance rather improved under the pressure of captaincy, which is really good. In fact, Habibul Bashar's performance curve has been affected from the very beginning of his captaincy, where he made 0 and 2 in two matches out of three ODIs both in Zim and WI. Even in Asia Cup his performance as country's #1 batsman (32(against HK), 2, 2, 7 and 10) raises question, whether we really need him as a captain by the cost of his performance. We can take the example of Sachin, who faced the same problem. He returned to his good form immediately after Ganguly took over.
Thats early to say for both parties... Rajin didn't performed in any actual match and shumon played well in test and the one match that we won also bated well in pakistan so please don't get any ideas of chging the caps right now....
Old September 8, 2004, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

As a team, were you badly affected by the flooding in Bangladesh?

RS That was a very upsetting time. We are not a rich country, so when the team got back to Bangladesh, everyone helped with the flood relief in whatever way they could. Those moments remind you that cricket is only a game, but it means so much to people all the same.

what does this mean?

" Those moments remind you that cricket is only a game, but it means so much to people all the same. "
Old September 8, 2004, 09:02 AM
First BC Member

It means that Rajin went to relief flood to the flood victims himself.

I remember during 1998, my university road was flooded with water and 10 years before that, I saw we couldn't go to places IN THE DHAKA CITY because our car wouldn't pass through some roads in front of us (that was probably during 1988's flood) and people were crossing one part of road (main road) to another by boats. During that time, one of my auntie's family who I think used to live in Shantinagar area, had to come to our house and live for more than a month because their house was under flood water (2nd or 3rd floor house-apartment). In the most recent floods, I think last year, I saw many people from the slum areas had to start living on the foot-paths of the main roads as the slum areas were all under water. These are all first hand experiences of flood for me - I didn't have to directly face the flood (by the grace of Allah) myself, but from those small experiences, I can imagine what it would be like for the people living in villages.

I am guessing that Rajin never had to give relief to the flood victims himself before this time, so he's a bit shocked, that's all.
Old September 8, 2004, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

oboshhoi dukkher bishoy. ebong amra jatigoto bhabe amader jader shamortho ase tara jodi ai bonnartoder shahajjo kori tahole oboshhoi onek upokar hobe. ebong asia cup theke ashar por bangladesh cricket dol je bhabe asif ar shathe aki truck a taka tule bonnartoder shahajjo koreche ami tar proshongsha kori.
Old September 8, 2004, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

A very good interview. I liked Rajin's frame of mind. He is thinking big and also leading from the front. I think he will be a good leader after Sumon retires which I hope is 2010.
Old September 8, 2004, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

sumon retires in 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow!!!!!!!!! thats long!!!!!!!! unar boyosh koto akhon? 31 na?
Old September 8, 2004, 12:36 PM
First BC Member

Yes, he's 31 and will probably (at least I hope so) lead the side in the world cup 2007, unless he gets injured again.
Old September 8, 2004, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes, he's 31 but he's not a bowler. He's a batsman and I think batsman can play until they are around 36/37 if they remain fit. I hope he does that. May be he will be playing only tests after the 2007 World Cup.
Old September 8, 2004, 02:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by allrounder
As a team, were you badly affected by the flooding in Bangladesh?

RS That was a very upsetting time. We are not a rich country, so when the team got back to Bangladesh, everyone helped with the flood relief in whatever way they could. Those moments remind you that cricket is only a game, but it means so much to people all the same.

what does this mean?

" Those moments remind you that cricket is only a game, but it means so much to people all the same. "
Recently in one of the Bangladeshi satellite channels (I don't remember, which one) they aired an interview with the national cricketers, where they were asked about their experence among the flood victim people. Most of our bd players were moved by heartly feeling of the flood victims, even in the deep countryside. The marooned people were delighted to see the national players among them. They told them:'Babara, tomra bideshe jao, amago desher hoiya khelo, tomra je amader kachhe ashchho, tatei amra beshi khushi. Tomra bhalo thako, bideshe giya shunam kamao, doa kori" etc. Probably RS meant that feeling, how the game(cricket) means so much to the people.
Old September 8, 2004, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by BD Tigers
Yes, he's 31 but he's not a bowler. He's a batsman and I think batsman can play until they are around 36/37 if they remain fit. I hope he does that. May be he will be playing only tests after the 2007 World Cup.
Slow bowlers can play till they are 42 or so ... look at Bob Holland

Ian Whitchurch
Old September 9, 2004, 04:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Default I don\'t like it

RS interview is good, but I don't like the following answer. Mentally our players far far far behind than the players of other countries....
-------------------------
Q: So far in your career, you've managed to get a start on several occasions, but you've yet to push on for a big score ...

Ans: RS It is a problem, I know. When I get into the forties, I get nervous and tense up, but I spoke to Brian Lara about this when we were in the Caribbean. He told me to feel free at all times and just play my natural game. I have got good advice wherever I've been. I missed the tour to Australia, so I didn't get to speak to Steve Waugh, but Roshan Mahanama talked to me in Sri Lanka, when he was acting as match referee.

Edited on, September 9, 2004, 9:53 AM GMT, by Ibrahim.