facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 26, 2005, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Default Pilot\'s incredible improvement stat- (using advanced filter & excel)

Since the Zimbabwe tour in March 2004

Pilots test average has gone up by 73%
and ODI average has gone up by 68%.

His aveage before Zimbabwe tour:

Test: 16.8 (44 innings)
ODI: 16.7 (64 innings)

His average since (including) the tour:

Test: 29.1 (19 innings)
ODI: 28.1 (21 innings)

Oveall average 19.6 and 20 respectively.

This despite a horrible India test series. Without that series his test average in the last 9 months would have been 36.7.

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 8:02 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 8:12 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
Old January 26, 2005, 03:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

he stumped twice today right?? he is proving himself in keeping also i guess. 'guess' cos i didnt watch the game. i've always been a pilot fan. and never ever had complaints against him. may b the only bd cricketer.

way to go Pilot!!

SHABBA!!
Old January 26, 2005, 03:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Pilot is a class himself. He make our spinners look good. As Whatmore said he is the best in the subcontinent. Sangakara is a better batsman but behind the WKT Pilot is the best.
Old January 26, 2005, 04:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

pilot is the best... even though he makes some big mistake soemtimes... but he is the best keeper in asia.. no doubt about that....
Old January 26, 2005, 05:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think behind the wkt he's one of the best in the world currently. You hear a lot about Gilchrist and Sangkarra, but that is mainly because of their batting exploits.
Old January 26, 2005, 05:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by paco
I think behind the wkt he's one of the best in the world currently. You hear a lot about Gilchrist and Sangkarra, but that is mainly because of their batting exploits.
I modestly disagree with u. Perhaps Pilot is the best WK in Asia but he is definitely not the best in the world. Apart from the batting capabilities, Gilchrist is still a very quality Wicketkeeper. Everyone knows about h ow good he is agasint the fast bowlers but keeping wickets against bowlers like Warne in sub-continental tracks r no easy task and he did it wondwerfully. So in my opinion Gilchrist is perhaps the best WK in the world as well as being the best WK/Batsmen in the history.
Old January 26, 2005, 05:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubayed
Quote:
I modestly disagree with u. Perhaps Pilot is the best WK in Asia but he is definitely not the best in the world. Apart from the batting capabilities, Gilchrist is still a very quality Wicketkeeper. Everyone knows about h ow good he is agasint the fast bowlers but keeping wickets against bowlers like Warne in sub-continental tracks r no easy task and he did it wondwerfully. So in my opinion Gilchrist is perhaps the best WK in the world as well as being the best WK/Batsmen in the history.
we can both be right at the same time - notice I said he is *one* of the best

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 10:44 PM GMT, by paco.
Old January 26, 2005, 05:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

"Not Best In The World But World Class"!
Old January 26, 2005, 06:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Ar Fullaen Na....

Couple of bad outings by Pilot.... and the Balloon will burst!!!
Old January 26, 2005, 06:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifEminem
he stumped twice today right?? he is proving himself in keeping also i guess. 'guess' cos i didnt watch the game. i've always been a pilot fan. and never ever had complaints against him. may b the only bd cricketer.

way to go Pilot!!

SHABBA!!
He has already proven himself, allahr-rahmatha..... James wil disagree with me on this (lucky he is away on camp to disagree ) but i consider him as one of the worlds best keepers.
Old January 26, 2005, 07:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Strange! I remember a lot of negative things were said of Gilchrist's keeping in the recent tour of India...He had a pretty torrid time on the spinning tracks and the uneven bounce...dropped a few sitters...

Quote:
Quote:
Old January 26, 2005, 10:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Dear Pompous! I m not sure to what extent u r aware of wicketkeeping technicalities but being a wicketkeeper myself i know one thing for sure and that is by looking at how many catches one caught is never a very good indication of how well u kept. If u have seen any of those test matches played in India and Srilank then u would know what m i talking about. Its true that Gilchrist dropped couple of catches in the indian tour but that doesnt take away the fact that how good of a keeper he is against the spinners as well. People often claim that its easy to keep wickets against fast bowlers in Australian condition but he has always kept wicket very well against spinners as well in India and in Srilanka. So there is no doubt that presently he is the best wicketkeeper playing among any test playing naiton.
Old January 26, 2005, 10:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
we can both be right at the same time - notice I said he is *one* of the best

Edited on, January 26, 2005, 10:44 PM GMT, by paco.
Going by your logic anyone can be called 'One of the best" as there r only 10 WK from 10 test playing teams! U gotta be more specific bro!
Old January 26, 2005, 10:25 PM
Test Cricketer

I think if you want to justify the ability of a wicket-keeper, you will also have to take into consideration the bowling ability of the team that he keeps for. Wicket-keeper compliments bowlers as much bowlers compliment a wicketkeeper. You can't really judge or compare gilchrist with Mashud. Australia has a group of bowlers who can provide catch or stumping oppurtunities for wicket-keepers in any wicket against any team anywhere in the world; while you can't say the same about our bangladeshi bowlers. Not even anywhere close to australia's standard.

Taking those things into consideration, and watching other wicket-keepers, though few in numbers, that are presently playing; my personal opinion is that pilot is one of the top 5.
Wicket-keepers don't have the luxury that bowlers or batsmen do, you have to be absolutely at your best to be considered inthe team as a wicket-keeper. Mashud is in a very good place compare to the 10 best wicket-keeper inth world at present.

Blah
Old January 28, 2005, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Well done Pilot I think he is getting used to playing test cricket.