facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 30, 2015, 10:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook
Default Does it make sense?

It is their job to play good. A small prize money is appreciated, but distributing 2 crore + cars (who dont have)+ land/apt (Crores) for a ODI/T20 series win? does it make sense? specially in a country where this "amounted sum = $million +" could be used for quick development work, in a country where most citizens work tirelessly everyday to put bread on table, in a country where an average employed (not considering the unemployed) individual makes 20-25 k max.

Old April 30, 2015, 10:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I am with you 100% on this, Mav. although I respect one aspect of the argument that supports the President's initiative to reward players for praiseworthy performance. It is a good gesture on her part to come to the stadium and show support and invite the players to her house for dinner, reception etc etc.

Allah knows best and since she was in charge of 16+ million people as a ruler if she is in any shape or form unjust Allah will judge her for her actions on the day of judgement(based on her ability and situation she was put in). meanwhile right now, she wants to keep good image so let her be.
Old April 30, 2015, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Dhoni made $30 million (~TK 240 crore) last year. Only type of quick development work that is feasible is developing the bank balance of our politicians. National players of the #1 sport in any country should have cars, can't expect them to ride rickshaws. Same with apts, I doubt these are million dollar Gulshan/Baridhara apts, these are cheap $50k apts. These players cannot be compared to average employees. They are the best of the best. Compare their salaries to that of the best employees, i.e., CEO's, top lawyers and doctors.