facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2015, 10:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Excellent and sensible post, BushidoTiger.

Old March 20, 2015, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushidoTiger
Thank you, Dr. Z. This and a loss of few strains of hair from utter frustration of reading many misdirected outburst especially from our chief idiot in charge at ICC, made me do it.
Actually, like most of us all timers, changing life events took away our share of discretionary time (read became parents of multiple kids). :-)
If you feel it worth, putting on the front page and if you are up to editing it, please feel free to do it.
I was too spent and mentally drained to do any editing.
We have published quite a few of your articles but we never did get a bio from you Please PM me a few lines.

For those who want to read earlier articles by our Bushido Tiger can select the article link in the menu or go directly here:

Old March 20, 2015, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashyboy
Reason you lost? Your team is way way way inferior to India. That is why. After 15 years you are still only good shocking oppositions not beating them consistently. On top of that you lose matches to Honkong scotland. etc.
Consistency takes times. Take India as an example. They spent good 4-5 months (undue advantage I must say over other teams) in Australia to acclimatize themselves right before the WC and got thrashed by Australia and England (who Gavaskar recently labeled as over rated). But look at the result now. Just like you stayed patient with your team, as fans we will too with ours. If you cannot tolerate that then GTFO of BC.
Old March 20, 2015, 11:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Great piece enjoyed it thoroughly.
Old March 20, 2015, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Such a great analysis.

However, I'm not 100% sold on the idea that Mash was trying to be a hero for selfish reasons. I think he felt compelled to lead from the front. Perhaps that's his idea of what a good captain should do. Leading from the back, as he perhaps should have done (given that his bowling on the day just wasn't good enough), is probably an unfamiliar concept for him.

I do believe, however, that he suffered from linear thinking in this game. And he certainly should have kept it together after his bowling went for a few, the stupid no-ball call and the ensuing misfields.

That said, his mindset is still way more attacking than Shakib's, and certainly Mushfiq's. That is a damning indictment of the mentality of even our finest cricketers. Mash is the only one who backs our fast bowlers to get wickets. He could have attacked more and earlier with both Rubel and Taskin, certainly, but Shakib and Mushfiq would probably have given 10 overs to each of Nasir and Mahmud before handing the ball to either one of our pacers.

We need Mash to stick around for another couple of years. He needs to instil more confidence in the players, who still see themselves as inferior to their G8 counterparts. He needs to keep backing our pacers and show the other players that our attack isn't one dimensional.
Old March 20, 2015, 02:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Take that Zeeshan.
Agree with you Bushido. I, too, hate it when they use such hyperboles before a game. That's simply unprofessional. Top class article btw.
Hey, leave the dependable Zeeshan alone! :-) He's the cheerleader of the team even at their darkest hour. Love reading his articles!
\"I come to you with only Karate: \"empty hands.\" I Have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor. Should it be a matter of life or death, right or wrong, then here are my weapons- Karate: \"empty hands.\"

-GrandMaster Ed Parker
Old March 20, 2015, 02:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Such a great analysis.

However, I'm not 100% sold on the idea that Mash was trying to be a hero for selfish reasons. I think he felt compelled to lead from the front. Perhaps that's his idea of what a good captain should do. Leading from the back, as he perhaps should have done (given that his bowling on the day just wasn't good enough), is probably an unfamiliar concept for him.

I do believe, however, that he suffered from linear thinking in this game. And he certainly should have kept it together after his bowling went for a few, the stupid no-ball call and the ensuing misfields.

That said, his mindset is still way more attacking than Shakib's, and certainly Mushfiq's. That is a damning indictment of the mentality of even our finest cricketers. Mash is the only one who backs our fast bowlers to get wickets. He could have attacked more and earlier with both Rubel and Taskin, certainly, but Shakib and Mushfiq would probably have given 10 overs to each of Nasir and Mahmud before handing the ball to either one of our pacers.

We need Mash to stick around for another couple of years. He needs to instil more confidence in the players, who still see themselves as inferior to their G8 counterparts. He needs to keep backing our pacers and show the other players that our attack isn't one dimensional.
Shubo,
Thank you for your kind words. I would say it was more of a subjective observation (read rant) of a frustrated fan than an analysis.
To be totally clear, I was not suggesting for Mash's head. The team needs him - a pragmatic version of the captain.
I think we need to train him and future leaders on how to manage change, assess risks and learn how to mitigate them - in flight. That is the providence of good leader and captain. He already has some of the rare attributes: charisma and presence.
The rest can be learned and cultivated.
Our emotions always gets the better of us and fogs our judgment. The team needs someone who can think on their feet and not get stuck when situation does not go as planned.
In absence of anyone else, he's the only one the team got. We do need to quarantine "heroes" like Tamim etc., to protect the newbies like Soumaya and Shabbir.
\"I come to you with only Karate: \"empty hands.\" I Have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor. Should it be a matter of life or death, right or wrong, then here are my weapons- Karate: \"empty hands.\"

-GrandMaster Ed Parker
Old March 20, 2015, 09:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

One of the most badax articles seen in BC in a long time. Although I differ a bit about Tamim. I think situation demanded for his gusto but he needed to 'control his gears'.

Welcome back Bushido! Please stick around this time.

Last edited by Zeeshan; March 20, 2015 at 10:53 PM..
Old March 20, 2015, 11:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Now on Front Page:

We have seen our heroes stand up but fail to deliver. Moses needs not apply.
Ahmad A. Iqbal

With bitterness of the loss against India still in my palate, I find myself getting even more frustrated when I read all the chest thumping from our media and fans alike. Yes, the umpiring was atrocious, Rohit was gifted a life to add 30 more runs to the already swelling total. Mahmudullah could’ve been given a benefit of doubt, and the same goes with LBW decision that was judged not out. But, no, there was no conspiracy by the ICC nor the BCCI to pay off the umpires to take the game away from us.
Read article »
Old March 21, 2015, 12:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

fantastic, just so good. I have hardly read something so nice as this piece, so much that I didn't want it to end. You, sir, can write I give you that. You have beautifully summarized how cricket is a team game and steady consistency is far superior to infrequent heroism.
Old March 21, 2015, 12:26 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: fizz, Shakib,SS,Tamim

It was a great read. You are spot on. I would like to add a few points here.
1. Our goal should be to look at the ranking and make sure we take the 8th place in the ranking and to do that our plan should start right now. We had a wonderful world cup( could have been better) but we need to move on.
2. Like always we are not making the right plan. We need to think about the next world cup right now. And the thinking starts from a captain in the cricket field. We all know how important the captain's position is in cricket so not taking anything from Mashrafe (he did a wonderful job at the field except bringing himself for the batting power play and letting the indian getaway with the game) but we need to look ahead for the next world cup captain and we should give him the team right now. We all know that Mashrafe is not going to last a year more. I am a huge fan of mashrafe but I would look for a future captain right now.
And there could a few change in the team as I think we need a few places to be filled and few to be replaced.
Old May 27, 2015, 02:08 PM
Street Cricketer

Whatever the actual we couldn't know, but my personal feeling is that there was something wrong against Bangladesh and time has come to prove it for the Bangladesh. We pray and hope that this time there is going to take place something unexpected for the India.
Old May 27, 2015, 02:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamanbd
Whatever the actual we couldn't know, but my personal feeling is that there was something wrong against Bangladesh and time has come to prove it for the Bangladesh. We pray and hope that this time there is going to take place something unexpected for the India.
Hmm. Very wise words. Too wise for me to understand.
Old May 27, 2015, 03:43 PM
BC Editorial Team

Hmm I'd missed this. I'm probably closer to Shubho on this one. We need to win at least one game against India. It's that simple for me. And I'm praying for Mash's knees to hold up just so some of his aggressiveness rubs off on Shakib and Tamim. Mushy's days as a skipper are numbered.