facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old May 23, 2007, 03:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Thanks everyone for your opinions.

However, I am not getting the clear picture.
Are these allegations true?
I strongly suggest to attach a poll with this thread. Otherwise you would never get the clear picture. But I am sure you will get atleast 80% support in the poll. You are doing a great job. In some of your post or articles i personally couldn't agree with you. In fact it doesn't matter anything at all. Cause we all have different point of views.

For example, yesterday you and most of other members thought we lost a good chance of winning. But IMO, it was zero possible chance. Should I accuse you for differing with my opinion? I don't think so. Different point of views make this forum so interesting and increase our capability of thinking.

In a summery, since you became editor here,IMO, BC became stronger to have a nice voice to the outside world. Thanks for what you are doing and please stay with us.

Old May 23, 2007, 04:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Simply put..i aint risking your articles ..man what you do..you do good for BC. Ignore those users..and continue the good work. No resignations please.
Old May 23, 2007, 04:13 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mark Waugh

Miraz bhai, just dont judge others by yourself.
Old May 23, 2007, 04:24 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
Miraz vai... you see... what happened to this thread. Now here some of the posters calling some as stupid, no cricket knowledge and so on though the one for whom you started this thread is a seaoned poster. thats why some here said that was it necessary to open this thread. hopefully it will be closed by moderators soon.
I have requested moderators to close this thread, and I hope it will be done pretty soon.
Old May 23, 2007, 04:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

CricfanBD : dude do not include Rajin in the leagues of Pilot,Bashar n Javed.
Old May 23, 2007, 04:47 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I have requested moderators to close this thread, and I hope it will be done pretty soon.
Closed
Old May 23, 2007, 05:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Miraz and closed thread

[When I was writing about: Miraz, the thread was closed and I think I have the right to express my opinion]

First of all I appreciate, Miraz writing for BC forum/BD cricket, because we don’t have enough good writers except R. Immam. Writing is a creative activity and I always appreciate if anyone writes anything. Therefore, I would say Miraz, you are doing great job for BD cricket. However, I did not find any justification to open this thread to explain personal criticism. It is a very much personal thread and trying to get sympathy from BC members technically. This thread also expresses his personal emotion level. I found Miraz is very much emotional guy and does not watch his mouth to badly criticize others. He used dirty words couple of time in this forum and it made me sick when I have found that he is an Assistant Prof at Dhaka University. Honestly, I was expecting more balance posting from him. By the way, I personally know there are many high caliber/respected people are in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Okay, guys. That doesn't mean nobody has the right to criticize. Everyone has the right to do constructive criticisms. Lets not call our critiques idiots or stupids just because we're not in agreement
Kabir, I think you still remember, this Miraz used this kind (idiots) words to criticize other people. I think you still remember “Chinaman” edited Miraz posting when he used abusive words like this. You will find this evidence from the previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
Miraz, your effort to drum up a posse is honestly cracking me up ... almost making me forget the pain and shame of quitting on the first test.

This reminds me of the politics of DU teachers. Don't get your hands dirty, get your serfs to do your bidding.

Anyway, I'm flabbergasted to see how deeply the words of a few members (or should I say one "seasoned" member whose nick starts with S and ends with n and has auro in the middle) can hurt you. You don't need validation from a mass of people to know if any allegation is right or wrong, do you?

Also, when you put up a thread like this, many "mediocre" people like me may interprete this as a veiled attempt to say that you guys better appreciate me or I'm gone. But obviously the vast majority of members appreciate you, so you should cheer up and your confusion should be gone..
The main objective of this thread is that Miraz is trying to give a lesson to Sauron. Sauron criticized Miraz in the other thread. Honestly, I don’t agree with most of Miraz postings. He cannot accept any criticism about Habibul Bashar. Though, at this moment Bashar is one of the most disliked person in Bangladesh.

Finally, I appreciated Miraz’s writing, but I don’t appreciate his emotion and opening this thread.

I never mind, if this thread is also closed. Thanks!!
Old May 23, 2007, 06:01 AM
BC Editorial Team

Default Concluding Remarks

(Posting on behalf of Miraz)

I have tried to explain couple times the reason behind opening this thread, unfortunately some of our members failed to get the explanation.

It appears from some of the members’ comment that all my posts, bulletins are centred on Habibul Bashar, and that’s why they cannot accept my support towards him.

However, except one bulletin during world cup, I have written no bulletins, reviews or analysis about Bashar, lending support to him is out of question.

In the forum, I should enjoy my freedom as a member and I have every right to like or dislike any player. Likewise, I opened several threads to see the end of Khaled Mashud in the forum, and also couple of threads to remove Bashar from the captaincy as I am not a big fan of his captaincy. I still have big faith on Bashar as a test player and I have no hesitation to express my thoughts on this.

I opened the thread to find out the members’ opinion about couple of allegations made. I could have ignored them and continued what I was doing, writing bulletins, match reports and articles. May be, I should have done that.

However, I felt in a different way. I do care for my Job as BC editor and I have to put a lot of efforts to do justice to my position. I felt, I should know the members opinion about those remarks, and if those are true, it effectively nullify all my efforts. I don’t want to put so much effort for almost nothing, and definitely not to downgrade BC or its members.

We all do voluntary jobs here and mistakes are obvious in every piece of work. I was brave enough to find out my mistakes and opened the thread.

There was no other hidden agenda or any other intentions. It was an honest attempt by a dedicated BC member to gauge the merit of his efforts.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread.
Closed Thread