facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 2, 2007, 09:52 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I am quite happy with the changes. Razzak might be a touch unlucky but on a green top wicket you have to take an extra seamer. Sharif's batting ability gave him the edge over Rasel.

I was expecting the change of Shakib and Mashud.

Old July 2, 2007, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

48 test caps in 46 matches. That tells us the story. Bringing someone unready and throw him when he failed to deliver. There should be some good guidelines for selection process. They dont have the rights to waste our national talents continuously.
Old July 2, 2007, 10:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Sharif bashers,
Before you made ugly comment on Sharif , please review his statistics. He was one of the most promising pace bowler. Due to his recurrent groin injury he was out for a while.
Now he is fit and he has proved that in the warmup match.
Old July 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
You have to take into consideration that he was not even in the squad against India and was rushed back to the squad due to last minute injury of Shahadat. It was a surprise call for him.

This time he is ready and training with the squad for a good amount of time. I believe we will see a much more capable bowler in the 2nd Test.
It wasn't so much the wayward length that worried me. I assumed he was having a bad day.

It was more the total lack of carry and penetration. The pitch may have been a shambles but Mortaza and the Indian seamers coped with it a lot better than Sharif did.

But I'll reserve further comment until I see him bowl during this match.
Old July 2, 2007, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
the selectors had to muck up things one way or another. Test or ODI position to them is a merry-go-round. Whimsically just give a chance to someone and take it away in similar fashion without explanation or without looking at performance. Doesn't matter what it does to the youngster. Sakib'rey ato agey shujog'i ba dilo kano, ar ek test khelar por'i ba bad dilo kano? 3rd test'a ki abar nibey jokhon ar series'a ek jon kharap khelbey?

We have the most important position in the team 2nd down, to a person who can't buy runs. No matter what the past was, his string of failures still goes unnoticed.

I am sure in six months people would forget his horrible perfomance just by looking at "ah!! he is the only batsman for BD who has 30 average." Bull sh*t.
Wait,this one is Sumon's last chance,if he cant click this time,he will follow pilot.
Old July 2, 2007, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I think HANDS DOWN TUSHER IMRAN should have been called for that position instead of giving new players a try out
I agree.
Old July 2, 2007, 10:30 AM
Cricket Guru

You all know we have only two quality pacers in our current national team for test level. Rasel is improving no doubt, but others can cause no problems especially to a team like SL. No matter whom we bring, it will be the same. SL will again score 600+ and we will not be able to take all their wickets.
Sharif's inclusion might just help our captain use him in middle overs as we will be bowling for two straight days!!! Imagine if Mash,Shahadat are used all the time.
I understand Rasel played well, but if Sharif fails most probably we will see Rasel again in third test or forthcoming tests in next year!!!
Old July 2, 2007, 10:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I think HANDS DOWN TUSHER IMRAN should have been called for that position instead of giving new players a try out
Tushar Imran is unlucky as ever(perform great in practice but perform ordinary in real games...but he is young and have time)...and he will not be seen in squad permanently as will remain as "Tushar" which we never see in BD.
Old July 2, 2007, 10:36 AM
Cricket Guru

2nd test BD will be played differently as both coach and captain mentioned in interview that they want to bat for full four sessions. This clearly indicates that we will play slow cricket. SL bowlers will have extra mental advantages. They are always aggresive, and being more defensive will just make thing go towards them. But we have no options as we now know our limitations and we are just focusing on improvements.
Old July 2, 2007, 10:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

i think its good squad.. i wanted to give sakib another chance.. he doesnt look like a test batsmen though...

Mehrab is a good middle order batsman who occationaly opens the innings.. but donno why selectors picked him as a opener.. He performs better as a middle order batsman.. i think he will do fine.. as he did good in the last series with A/Academy team last month. He's been playing 4-day matches a lot against Srilanka, England and Pak Academy.. so he would be better than Sakib.. Hope he delivers good..

Sharif is not that bad bowler.. He couldnt do good in India test that doesn't mean hes gonna do bad in this test.

Mushfique is a good middle order batsman but i doubt his wicket-keeping ability.. Hope he does good..
Old July 2, 2007, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Our latest tour bulletin.

Quote:
Bangladesh opt for stronger batting order in second Test

2 July, 2007
The heavy innings defeat suffered by Bangladesh in the first Test in Combo has triggered three changes in the side for the upcoming second Test in P Saravanamuttu Stadium in Colombo. Mushfiqur Rahim, Mohammad Sharif, and Mehrab Hossain Jr. are set to replace Khaled Mashud, Abdur Razzak, and Sakib Al Hasan.

Mushfiqur Rahim is set to take over as the keeper, who is also expected to make the batting order stronger.

Read the rest of the bulletin »
Old July 2, 2007, 10:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
48 test caps in 46 matches. That tells us the story. Bringing someone unready and throw him when he failed to deliver. There should be some good guidelines for selection process. They dont have the rights to waste our national talents continuously.
Its actually 47th test cap in 48 test match.
Old July 2, 2007, 11:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Do you guys think this guy is little lucky for not sitting for 2nd test. The stamps are visible, any batting experts care to explain this.

tigerCricket
Old July 2, 2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Musfiq deserved this, no way to counter that. However, I am yet to be convinced about Mehrab and Sharif. Lets hope they can prove their selection.
Old July 2, 2007, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
Its actually 47th test cap in 48 test match.
Thanks brother. Actually my memory betrayed me.
Old July 2, 2007, 12:01 PM
Club Cricketer

Good luck to those who got selected.

Happy to see Mushfiq in place of of Pilot. I thought it's too early yank Saquib out of the team who didn't get time to settle down in test arena. My uneducated selection would have been Rasel over Sharif. I feel bad for Rasel, because just like another player Rana (R.I.P), he consistently delivers whenever selected (though not flashy) only not be considered in next series.

Looking forward to better showing in 2nd test.
Old July 2, 2007, 12:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I am not sure presence of Sharif is going to make any cheetah effect on our pace attack.
Old July 2, 2007, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Sharif was selected for his batting not bowling per se. Its not like we had a Nathan Bracken or Shaun Tait sitting around in the camp anyways,, who else would they have picked?
As for the picture goes:,,, I think maybe Mushfiq moved inwards after playing that shot,, otherwise he is as dumb as Rasel as a batsman
Old July 2, 2007, 03:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

If you are referring pic in #163...I believe that is Bashar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Sharif was selected for his batting not bowling per se. Its not like we had a Nathan Bracken or Shaun Tait sitting around in the camp anyways,, who else would they have picked?
As for the picture goes:,,, I think maybe Mushfiq moved inwards after playing that shot,, otherwise he is as dumb as Rasel as a batsman
Old July 2, 2007, 03:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

yay, Mushfiq in atlast.

I feel sakib got a hard treatment, he is one of the cooler batsmen around. Just shldnt discourage this young man, hmm on the other thought, why not drop or "rest" bashar and play sakib instead ??

cheers !
Old July 2, 2007, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Do you guys think this guy is little lucky for not sitting for 2nd test. The stamps are visible, any batting experts care to explain this.

tigerCricket
lol. for one, he's playing away from the body off the backfoot. then the angle of his bat is such that it increases the chances of the ball popping up in the air rather than sliding along the ground.

the fact that all three of his stumps are exposed, along with the position of his bat also shows that he was either unable to get behind a ball that pitched around middle/off stump (he'll be in danger if he does that in a test match against a moving ball), or that he did get behind the ball, except that it pitched on or outside leg and deserved to be glanced away or defended on the on side.

then again, this is just a picture, and doesn't tell you the point of impact, i.e. this might be way after the ball had hit the bat. besides, bashar's never been technically sound - it's always been all about the hand-eye coordination. whatever works