facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 8, 2018, 01:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I wish Muslims would not get in unneccesary debates about Prophet (SAW). So what some people think negatively of him or speak ill of him, isn’t that exactly what the people of Quraish did, yet not a single day go by people all over the world praise him and follow his footsteps. Allah has already honored him. The best thing we can do is to live our life following his footstep. Let’s put more focus on how we honor him, rather than what others who have already made up their mind say. I would argue by getting in these heated debates, you are going against the example shown by Prophet (SAW).
What you have said is correct and I agree with it in spirit, but I responded only because someone totally unnecessarily brought up an incident from the life of the Prophet (S) that is used in our day and age left and right to assassinate/disparage his character.

We live in an age of information. Therefore, glossing over and turning the other cheek is no longer an option. It is no longer good enough to teach our children Islam how it used to be taught, say 100 years ago. When they grow up, sooner or later they will inevitably come across topics like right hand possession, Prophet's marriage to Aisha and Zainab, incident of Banu Quraidha, and many other verses from the Quran and the ahadeeth, which are deemed politically incorrect in our time. And if they are not firmly equipped with proper knowledge and Islamic critical analysis/perspective on these topics, when they will learn it out of nowhere, and God forbid from non-Muslims or atheists, more often than not it will have a serious negative impact on their faith and they may leave faith altogether. And this has been happening in the Muslim communities not only in North America, but all over the world.

Remember, truth sets you free, suppressing or glossing over it does not.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.

Old November 8, 2018, 06:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Absolutely. While I do agree with Ajfar about preaching by action, but poor Muslim is she who acts passively. Who doesn't probe and get to the truth of the matter simply out of fear is nothing but doing 'spiritual bypassing'.

Kinda like you see a homeless man getting beaten up by goons and you walk the merry way out of YOUR fear of confrontation with the whole 'Allah-i oder shashti dibe... amar ki'. No. God will FOCUS on you because you had a chance to be tested to the limit, you had a chance to act fearlessly and help a fellow human being out but you didn't because of YOUR self-interest.

I laud the non-confrontational peace loving attitude, but THAT itself starts with the assumption that somehow Peace Loving and Non Confrontation is somehow morally superior virtue than argumentative or combative attitude. )

Why?

If you already have a fixed set of ideals imprinted in your psyche, you will just continue to act out of it without getting to the heart of the matter.

Non-confrontation itself stems from fear and one's SELFISH desire of preservation. (My favorite interpretation is when Krishna urged Arjun to go to war and this dude was against warfare and stuff. Whole point being, by drawing a line between good vs evil and that confrontation or war is 'evil' you are ALREADY setting up a baseline and anything that deviates away from that, you will vilify it via spiritual bypassing.

“The highest praise of God consists in the denial of him by the atheist who finds creation so perfect that it can dispense with a creator."

Proust said it. Similarly, if I wuz Gaawd, I'd REWARD the skeptic-seeker who went out of his way to educate and learn and yes, albeit confrontationally debate as it should GENUINE AUTHENTIC sense of yearning than just saying: "meh, let's all be passive and ladidadaaa merry... God will punish those and guide those whom He whims.."

Mea culpa. I used to justify my Taoist beliefs in such passive way which would lead to nothing but passive-aggression. Suppose some schmuck mistreated, which they inevitably did latching on to my past people pleasing mode, and I'd just go, meh... let's be like water and yield and be passive

But water can break dams too! LOL.

That's the problem with people-pleasing so called "humble" smiley-emoji smarmy people. They don't stand up for themselves and tolerate abuse and LATER take it out on others passive-aggressively holding on to bitter resentment. I'd much rather erupt and throw a fit on the spot, than harbor SPITEFUL grudge against people. People like these - and my past personality- is CRIMINAL.

"Iqra" was the first word. Although it means "Read" I guess my subcontextual understading is "Seek."

Again nice post ToBeFair although we may be miles apart on our spiritual-metaphysical foundation.
Old November 8, 2018, 06:13 AM
Cricket Savant

9/10 times I will share Tonmoy's values, but is it possibly that you have blindspot? Is it entirely possible in some weird realm of the universe even literal interpretations of Koran is justified? Is it entirely possible you are so prejudiced - possibly rightfully so- possibly from some bad experience or having been sidelined you are non-objective when it comes to Islam or for that matter religion?
Old November 8, 2018, 06:25 AM
Cricket Savant

So why have a forum in the first place if you are against discussion or debate as shared my many BCites here. Nah thread open korbo na... ki bhabbe ora... ki bolbe ora.. WTF.... So why have a forum? I miss the good ol Bangla days when we could just log in and eye the main forum and see the important tidbits. Did you know 44 was scored in an over? This would be the headline before. Now some shcmuck will be like "Not every news needs to have a thread."

So why TF do we have a forum then?

Not to mention but automatically lauding passivity and non-confrontation as higher virtue, you are automatically declaring yourself winner. "See we are the good guys, we don't fight... God will punsih those who do."

How do YOU know what's in God's mind? I dunno guys, declaring yourself as the winner or good guys smacks nothing but Ego.
Old November 8, 2018, 07:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

"Rise to the occasion, look at yourself den say yuh strong,
no-one can stop yuh, oh yeah
Rise to the occasion, go ahead you know you strong, no-one can stop you
It's for you to make the best in life, know that you got the chance
Get up & step towards your goal, it's all right, fulfill your needs & wants
You to make the best in life, know that you got the chance
Get up & step towards your goal, it's all right." - Rise to the occasion (Sizzla Kalounji, reggae artist)
Old November 8, 2018, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

When you don’t have a reasonable answer. Start acting innocent.

Rule no.1 : you don’t want to get into argumentative debate.
Real meaning: I lack sufficient knowledge to answer this particular topic/subject/question.
Old November 8, 2018, 12:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
When you don’t have a reasonable answer. Start acting innocent.

Rule no.1 : you don’t want to get into argumentative debate.
Real meaning: I lack sufficient knowledge to answer this particular topic/subject/question.
This happened right after my sensory deprivation experience. A lot of strange things happened, and this was one of them.

I was leaving a hotel room meeting a friend. As I was making a right turn some guy cut me off. I got pissed and he was weaving so I decided to play police and flash him as warning. Then we started driving neck to neck and I am not sure if I glared at him or anything or he flipped me off but it was a typical case of road rage. He sped off to a different city and I to the opposite direction.

I went to a different area and decided to go to a park. I made two rounds around the great pond and was about to exit. I got up in my car and there lo and behold was that bas--rd! I couldn't contain myself and gave out a chuckle. He also made eye contact and he smiled faintly.

Point being the whole cosmic joke of meeting someone who we both might have thought must exist in parallel cities simultaneously yet coinciding in the cusp of that particular space-time was much, much greater than the road rage. That weird serendipity actually in some way 'brought' us together and we were flabbergasted. It's almost Universe making Her mokkhom chaal by forcing us to meet kinda made us 'friends'.

So if you insist on leaving the mat, that basically spells the following underlying sentiment in gojgoj birbir muttering under the breath: Ederke boilao laav nai. Allah-i oder bichar korbe. Saira deu. Era kaffir shob.

You call THAT holy? You call THAT spiritual? That is not laissez-faire by no means rather a mindset of "Let them be damned! They are unbelievers and unguided." YOU insist on division instead of seeing the underlying unifying thread and pattern.

Does that what the Teachings teach you?

See, I am more fascinated by the person who goes: "I may not agree with you with what you said or the life you experienced, but do share. I am all ears. Do tell me your story and how you developed your ideas." You can be civil about it. Be it a black woman or man learning about neo-Nazi and KKK or a Jewish person trying to hear the story of SS or Razakars confessing to a martyr's family about HIS upbringing and HIS pain or say the white racists of South Africa trying their best to make ameds post-apartheid, if you do not give a chance to host a platform for TALKS.. that's what it is folks, TALKS nothing more... for converstion, then YOU are the problem. That shows YOU believe humans are flawed, incorrigible or that conversation and talks will not lead anywhere.

I remember after my absence I came back and there was this extremely eloquently beautiful thread where everyone was disagreeing civilly. Being the troll that I was I said: God you guys are uber-polite, how nauseating.

Frankly a lil navel gazing would show I was the problem. Here I envision people engaging in debates civilly and when they do that I complaint.

Dear Ajfar, this is by no means an attack you. I see many times many members warn n00bs: Welcome to BC. As long as you don't take part in politics or religion, you'd be okay.

What kinda nonsense is that? That is a fear driven mindset. Fear driven mindset is never good.

God bless everyone. Wishing you a lovely morning and day wherever. Sorry if I was a bit out of tune!
Old November 8, 2018, 01:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
9/10 times I will share Tonmoy's values, but is it possibly that you have blindspot? Is it entirely possible in some weird realm of the universe even literal interpretations of Koran is justified? Is it entirely possible you are so prejudiced - possibly rightfully so- possibly from some bad experience or having been sidelined you are non-objective when it comes to Islam or for that matter religion?
I am full of flaws, I do not deny that. I am only human after all. If people find my views prejudiced (specially someone who agrees with me 9/10 times) than I definitely need to sort myself.

What Ajfar said , makes it sound like "Muhammad" is the victim here. The truth is that the victim is a women, Asia bibi and countless others in the past who has been victimized (killed) accused of the same crime.

A truly flawless guy would not require much defending. if I say "Nelson Mandela" is an idiot", than the whole world would know "I am an idiot for saying that". No one has to defend him. His supporters would not attack me neither would Mandela ever let that happen in his name.
Old November 8, 2018, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

The reason why we muslims struggle is because those who are suppose to answer (knowledgeable) ones and tackle this tough questions, don't answer or provide a valid explanation. They become overly defensive. Run away from this kind of questions.

So when I or any other people come across people of other faiths, and they question something like, so did your prophet marry a child (we can not deny this nor do we have valid or reasonable way to answer) since, those who do (I suppose) don't tackle this, or tell us with their knowledge. Lot of the time, they don't know themselves (hence the aggressive/physical attacks under blasphemy etc laws).

By the way... look at our history.. most of the eminent scholars they were put behind bars in prison.. standing for the truth... not sitting behind a screen... running away from tough questions..
Old November 8, 2018, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

There is no shame in saying you don't have the sufficient knowledge to tackle those questions.
Old November 8, 2018, 02:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
I am full of flaws, I do not deny that. I am only human after all. If people find my views prejudiced (specially someone who agrees with me 9/10 times) than I definitely need to sort myself.

What Ajfar said , makes it sound like "Muhammad" is the victim here. The truth is that the victim is a women, Asia bibi and countless others in the past who has been victimized (killed) accused of the same crime.

A truly flawless guy would not require much defending. if I say "Nelson Mandela" is an idiot", than the whole world would know "I am an idiot for saying that". No one has to defend him. His supporters would not attack me neither would Mandela ever let that happen in his name.
I didn't say you were flawed, but you may have blindspot. :-]
Old November 8, 2018, 07:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Change of tack:

Original title: I hate Facebook and why you should too.

https://gizmodo.com/5530178/top-ten-...-quit-facebook

These are my reasons:

1. Atrocious customer service.

They act like mafia and big bully. Basically if something isn't right and you notify you have to BEG them to fix it. Their attitude is as if we should be grateful just to receive their golden platter service. As the link mentions -RIGHTFULLY SO- it is completely one sided. Basically its their house and house always wins and you are serving them.

2. What's in it for me?

So if they won't cater to your whim unlike the EXCELLENCE of Amazon where it is ENTIRELY customer driven and IMPECCABLE service as vouched by some of the email correspondents I had due to technical issues, so why TF should I help them generate revenue?

I already chopped off all my 'friends'.. If in real life I HATE socializing, why TF I should pretend otherwise in a fake online personae. PLUS often they compel you to use real photos and name. (Twitter is worst too. Elite-oriented. Which is not bad if you are rich and celebrity... I mean Eminem gets to have gazillion followers yet he follows ZERO. Yet if you sign up automatically it will compel you to 'follow' some. Why?

I thought it is a level playing field not meritocracy. (BC is kakitocracy though... LOL!)

3. What's in it for me? 2

They basically have a profile and your personality sketch to the dot. They know your sexual fetishes, your turn ons and offs, and tastes and preferences and just like Twitter they play God. Suppose you write a post about suicide and history for a research asking your friends or family, these dumb@#$s will actually/may/can/will flag you for you being emo. (Come to think of it we actually need this here for all the resident wrist slitters.)

4. Rife with negativity

After Facebook successfully obliterated news organization and magazine, all you will see are shitty news, memes and people bickering and mudslinging. Do you really need to wake up in the morning to "KNOW" about Thousand Oaks shooting? What's in it for you? How TF does it have direct bearing in your personal life and playing bills.

Besides, ^&*^erburg is a young kid. Jeff Bezos is wacky and weird and nerdy, but so is this tool. And as a young guy although he is matured, advanced in many areas, this guy is a total control freak with Orwellian mindset.

5. You become just another page in the book

Hence the name Facebook. Frankly I loved the original template. But now the serfdom makes you wear a uniform and in order to make it more 'real' it ekes out personal and private data from you.

I LOVE YouTube. You got control over it. Yeah there are suggestions but unlike linear timeline of Facebook you have a more dynamic overall 4-D Cubist look. You get notifications from a post you made years ago and not everything is dumped on your newsfeed. It is really a personal TV and I get to use it anyway I want.

You wanna learn about spores? Go for it. Search. Ancient Roman history and ant colony optimization? Feel free. Byzantine navy fleet? (Is there?) Go ahead plug in for a documentary.

WTF do I get out of Facebook. Plus since Soookerboogers studied Psychology he deliberates manipulates your notifications or likes to keep you addicted like a coke freak. The moment you log off you will see a red notification.

AVOID! My personal advice. Then again no one is forcing you with a gun...

...sans FB who makes it incredibly difficult to delete your account. Note I said delete moron, not deactivate.
Old November 8, 2018, 07:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Plus it makes you a validation/approval seeking, like-hungry, like-buying, viral-wanna be spineless person whose entire happiness and personal taste depends on approval/green sign of others.

Moth... would like when I falsely wrote I got A in college. Which I deliberately manipulated. Yet if I wrote a CI article, none of these "friends" and pretenders (very few actually) would like it out of spite and jealously. (But but maybe it didn't show on their newsfeed.. that's their goddamn ffin problem. Not mine.)

Entire life I battled NOT to seek validation from others. As Eminem said: I am not out there to make friends.

Yet, Facebook hammers you into a meek, softy incel whose entire BEING and BREATH depends on validation of others. I have a F you mentality, and FB with their cajoling notifications robbed me out of my echt SELF and manhood. More like f...book.
Old November 9, 2018, 01:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

^ I agree with all the reasons above to hate facebook.

I manage a page in facebook, and whenever I post a video, a picture, or a post, if it starts gaining traction, I see a suggestion from fabook: you can reach 2000 people more if you pay X amount of money.

Give me a break. I am the one who built my audience, and I am my own content creator, facebook is benefiting from me, and yet when I try to promote my own stuff, they demand money.

Initial facebook page settings were great. Now its $hi**y.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old November 9, 2018, 10:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Hope u get to see it too. I know ignorance is bliss.
That’s pretty rich, where did you see me express my opinion regarding this that you have already labeled me as ‘ignorant’.

ToBeFair there are certain people that take every opportunity they can get to argue about how backward Islam is. Debating back and forth with people who have already made up their mind doesn’t accomplish anything.
Old November 9, 2018, 10:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Ajfar, wahtever happened to you coming to NY in october? or u came and left secretly
It turned out to be a pretty quick trip. We have to do a get together soon.
Old November 9, 2018, 10:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Mashrafee

TBH I dont like Facebook as its like pollutant. It does have some good purposes but overall for me its just some unnecessary stress.

You are expected to respond or like photos and comments of family and friends, people you dont to accept as a friend but you dont want them to know, sometimes your mates might make a controversial comment, etc etc

Ami facebook chara onek bhalo achi
Old November 9, 2018, 10:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
That’s pretty rich, where did you see me express my opinion regarding this that you have already labeled me as ‘ignorant’.

ToBeFair there are certain people that take every opportunity they can get to argue about how backward Islam is. Debating back and forth with people who have already made up their mind doesn’t accomplish anything.
On the other hand, I think it is pretty rich that you accuse me of "making up my mind" when I have a more compelling argument about you suffering from "making up my mind" syndrome. Just a FYI, I was like you once and if my mind was made up than I would still be like you.

Also, if you do not want to debate, that is fine. In my defense my mind is made up only after I read and watched a lot of content discussing these very topics (by all the big scholars). You know how hard it is for a muslim to abandon his faith. I did not do it lightly.

Also I do not judge people based on their faith, however most of the major religions are backward and it is not a criticism, it (Religion) is just a product of the time the faith was established. Religion/faith did a lot of good and to this day it gives a meaning to the life of lot of people. I have no issues with it as long as it does not force people to flee or get killed.
Old November 9, 2018, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Guys didn't want to open a thread but any recommendation for a good ear phone? Noise cancellation. Where it will just immerse me and the outside world will just be faded away. No over the ear headphone beats. any wireless or wired ear phone . Budget up to 200. I always struggle to have ear pieces be in place when i walk..I think i got a weired ear lol.
Old November 9, 2018, 11:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

You're not alone
Old November 9, 2018, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Guys didn't want to open a thread but any recommendation for a good ear phone? Noise cancellation. Where it will just immerse me and the outside world will just be faded away. No over the ear headphone beats. any wireless or wired ear phone . Budget up to 200. I always struggle to have ear pieces be in place when i walk..I think i got a weired ear lol.
Envy your budget. This should be great for you. Noise cancellation. Can't go wrong with Bose! Plus, the shape of the earbud is supposed to help them stay on your ear.

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-Quietcon...70_&dpSrc=srch
Old November 10, 2018, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Envy your budget. This should be great for you. Noise cancellation. Can't go wrong with Bose! Plus, the shape of the earbud is supposed to help them stay on your ear.

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-Quietcon...70_&dpSrc=srch
Thank you roye ... that price is over the price I set not to feel guilty regarding the purchase . Apple Ear pods are 150 .. the only reason I am not going for that is one think it's not gonna fit my ear like it does on other ppl and also I will lose them easily ... beats over the ear solo are 199 starting ..so I thought 200 dollars is a reasonable price for a quality ear phone and not too reckless .. nothing to be envious of . I think it's worth spending some money for Saul I th sound and immersive experience .

The one u put up ..I don't like the neck band . I however will likely buy either a Bose or power beats ... any other suggestion thoughts welcome .
Old November 10, 2018, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Thank you roye ... that price is over the price I set not to feel guilty regarding the purchase . Apple Ear pods are 150 .. the only reason I am not going for that is one think it's not gonna fit my ear like it does on other ppl and also I will lose them easily ... beats over the ear solo are 199 starting ..so I thought 200 dollars is a reasonable price for a quality ear phone and not too reckless .. nothing to be envious of . I think it's worth spending some money for Saul I th sound and immersive experience .

The one u put up ..I don't like the neck band . I however will likely buy either a Bose or power beats ... any other suggestion thoughts welcome .
No, I understand. It's just that I am a rough user of earphones, each lasts me about 8 months to a year before you have to start twisting and turning the wires for the sound to come out of both the earphones. So I cannot afford to spend 200 bucks every 8 months. Maybe I should though, as music is so important.

This one has no neckband. But is 250. Could not find one below 200 for Bose that boasts noise cancelling features.
https://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietCom...70_&dpSrc=srch
Old November 11, 2018, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

“The harm inflicted on religion by those who defend it in an inappropriate manner is greater than [the harm caused by] those who attack it in a proper way”

Al-Ghazali
Old November 11, 2018, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
It's just that I am a rough user of earphones, each lasts me about 8 months to a year before you have to start twisting and turning the wires for the sound to come out of both the earphones.
you may not face this problem if you buy the premium headphones. Most of these are blue tooth compatibel so this twisting turning shouldn't be an issue. but yes no gurantee that issues will not happen.. but i would buy at least the first one and then go on from there and perhaps do extended warranty or extend warranty via using credit card that gives.

thanks for the suggestion. All of a sudden i am thinking over ear may be the way to go instead with bose for better quality..